shape
carat
color
clarity

he asked me ! he asked me !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Whoo hoo, Croi, that''s so exciting! So if you''re going through Mark, is the ring supposed to be done before the wedding?

Croí

Shiny_Rock

grrrrr - I''m getting frustrated ! I can''t upload the pics. I remembered that if it has a file name that''s already on here somewhere it won''t upload so I just re-saved the files under crazy names but it still wouldn''t upload

any thoughts ladies ??

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Are the files really big?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm--resize and rename are the first things to try.

But--HOORAY!!!!! about the stone!!! How fantastic!! It''ll be here before you know it! Remind us of the e-ring status? I seem to recall that you liked RB, but don''t remember what settings you and Peter were working on--I should poke around up-thread to remind myself.

So happy for you! Less than 2 months!!!!

Croí

Shiny_Rock
5.gif

ooh !! hoorah ! my friend in tech-support made the file smaller .....

this is the ''back'' of the invite, the rose looks almost black but was actually a rich wine colour, a real dried miniature rose. am I am rosemantic or what !?!??!

cnpheresthebackrev.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Croi! Those are beautiful invitations! They are fantastic... you did an awesome job!

And i need to apologize for earlier and not mentioning how excited i was that Peter has the stone! They are actually making me do work, at work silly people.
14.gif
But how fun that your ring is starting to come together! I really admire you for pulling everything together... thank goodness you had the support from the FI to do so much leg-work before the proposal! And your pictures... you got that WONDERFUL woman you posted a link on a while back right? I just loved, loved, loved her pictures!!!

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!
36.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
oh boy - and here is the front, though I may have to take this down again later as I didn''t promise not to put his pic up !

cnpheresthefrontrev.jpg

Croí

Shiny_Rock
eeek ! I mean as I DID promise, I DID promise ..........

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Love the invitations. A variation of that top quotation is one of my all time favorites. The version I had found was "Every once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a fairy tale." :) But your inviations are so pretty and romantic! Love them!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful, heartfelt, unique, loving, and YOU!!!!! Wonderful!!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
They''re fantastic!

Croí

Shiny_Rock
MeliSue

THAT was the quote but he was over the moon about the ''fairytale'' bit so he came up with happens ! I like it actually, it''s so ''''us'''' and so true too !!!

thanks ladies, I was really happy with how they turned out. I did a two page insert with all the details of how we plan to have our celebration on one side and all the travel/accomodation info on the other side. I did burgundy calligraphy on the envelopes with a stencil of two entwined hearts with the word "love" beneath on the back. I was really happy with how they turned out and they are getting a great reception. Everyone says how ''me'' or ''us'' they are (especially the quote on front!) and everyone is looking forward to a day out that''s the same, romantic but quirky ! heheh

happyhappyhappy !!

oh - AND I just heard back from my friend and we''re going off to look for fabric for my dress after work tonight - so in about an hour and a half I should be searching the bolts ..... keep your collective fingers crossed I find the "perfect" fabric ........ I''ll be HIGH as a KITE tomorrow if we find it tonight.

36.gif

*BOUNCING*
C

Croí

Shiny_Rock
oh MY, my brain is FRIED from happiness

he was NOT over the moon ........ I should learn to re-read S-L-O-W-L-Y !!!!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh, Croi, those are beautiful! I love the quote, the picture, the font, everything!

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
Croi -- I love your invitations!! They''re so fun and quirky and your wedding location looks gorgeous!! I''m glad it all worked out for you! :)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I love the invitations...especially the picture...y''all look so happy together! Congrats on the diamond!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
your invites are amazing- and so personal! absolutely beautiful... i can''t believe you made them yourself!
36.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Croi: I love your creative and detailed invitations. So fun and beautiful! I can see and feel the love you put in them.
You are so romantic!
emrose.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock

HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY !

morning ladies !
I am sooooooooo freakin'' happy right now that I hardly know where to begin !

First I guess (considering this forum!
2.gif
) I SAW MY DIAMOND !!!!
and I lovelovelove it. In fact, after he first showed me last night I made him take it out and show it to me twice more because I can''t get over it !!!! It''s so perfect for me - I can''t WAIT to get it set and wear it. It is sooooooooooo sparkly - it''s an E colour and brilliant cut and really honestly does shoot sparks !

He went for cut and colour above clarity (it''s an SI2) It took me AGES to find the inclusion because the sparkles are so distracting !! heheheheh! It''s a half carat, the perfect size for me. I just can''t get over how much it sparkles. It is so sparkly under regular crappy house lights and THEN I tried it with his super-duper flashlight and OHMIGOODNESS !!!!! I can''t wait to see it in sunlight - bet I''ll be blinding oncoming traffic with this baby !!

25.gif

okay ......... breathe! breathe!

now, my only thing is that I tried to take some pics but all I got was a huge white lightening flash with the stone reflecting the flash from the camera. I can''t turn off the flash on my camera so I don''t know what to do. some of you have posted gorgeous-gorgeous pics of your rings so please tell me how to take some good ones.

AND
AS IF THAT WASN''T FANTASTIC ENOUGH ...........

the first bridesmaid dress is finished and I''m going to get to pick it up today and that means I can pack it with all the other goodies I have been picking up for the wedding which my fabulous friend Antoinette is going to take home with her as part of her luggage, she flies home tomorrow, she has been here all week with work.
SO, not only will we have the first dress but the sister who will be wearing it will get to try it on in two days time !!!!!! how superfantasticbrilliant is that !?!?!?!!??!?!

I can''t believe how good the Universe is being to me these days ....... it makes me feel all the more sure that we are "meant to be"

oh boy, I think I might burst from sheer happiness and excitement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH - and it''s SEVEN WEEKS FROM TODAY THAT WE ARRIVE HOME

TO GET MARRIED !!!!!!!!!!

52 DAYS AND COUNTING UNTIL I MARRY MY DAAARLING ~

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
That is fabulous that you saw your stone and you LOVE it! Can''t wait to see pics of the sparkly little thing! Thats great about the BM dresses too! So exciting!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
That''s awesome!!! Must be because it''s March. The Luck of the Irish month. And that you both are meant to be together of course!!
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Croí- that is so so soooooo exciting!! everything is coming together for you sooo quickly. i''m glad you''re so happy
1.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Croi.....it is _wonderful_ to hear that everything is coming together for you. It can only get better! :) Glad to hear you love the stone....can''t wait to see pictures! Invitations are beautiful as well. You truly radiate from your posts! Congrats!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
What WONDERFUL news!!! You must be over the moon, my dear--so happy for you and love hearing your giddy excitement! Can''t wait to see pics of the stone (E color!! WOW!!) AND the BM dress! CONGRATS!!

Croí

Shiny_Rock

PICS OF THE STONE !!!!!! ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

a whole new world.jpg

Croí

Shiny_Rock
Hand shot - as such !

my stone!!!.jpg

Croí

Shiny_Rock

I am still finding it so hard to take pics that do this baby justice ! I haven''t tried it in daylight yet ! Flash off for both of these but it still doesn''t catch the fire in her.

I''m also really excited because I met the jeweler he got the diamond from and she works with a designer and showed me some of his stuff. His style is very industrial, two tone with that ''squared'' bottom on his rings - BUT he did have a three-prong of his own. This one was less ''soft'' in it''s contours than Mark Morrell''s three-prong and where the one prong intersected between the other two he had a post put through ....... hard to explain ......... like if you interlock your fingers .... where they intersect, you put a bar through from one side to the other .... and then he puts diamonds in as the ''end'' of the bar. geeeeeeeez, I''m not explaining myself very well.

ANYWAY
I am meeting Aline (the jeweler) again tomorrow at lunchtime and this time I hope to meet this guy she works with too and see more of his work. I know I want a three-prong ring but I was hoping to kind of design my own because I think I want to put the Newgrange triscele on the band (an old Celtic symbol, always significant and ''special'' to me). She told me to get some pictures of the triscele and do some sketches of what I picture in my head and we''ll see how we go.
It''s all such exciting stuff !!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool Croi! It looks like a sparkler!
10.gif
And i love your idea for the setting!

Croí

Shiny_Rock
more pics !

flowerpower!.jpg

Croí

Shiny_Rock
second ''hand'' pic - ''lámh'' is Irish for ''hand'' .... cleverme !

this week is Seachtaine na Gaeilge (Irish week) at home where everyone is encouraged to try to use their Irish when speaking and doing day-to-day things.

so

is seo mo lámh leis an diamant - Peadar, is tusa grá mo chroí .......

lamhpic2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results