shape
carat
color
clarity

he asked me ! he asked me !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Croí

Shiny_Rock
woohoo ! I did it !
okay - outside of the church

Outside - Curraheen.jpg

Croí

Shiny_Rock
right. the marquee location. this pic is not great at all, very dark and grainy (but it was a dreary January afternoon, late in the day, when I took this photo). It still shows how it''s green fields facing down to the sea. hopefully a bright May day will make this a fantastic setting (I know it''s gorgeous here on a good day, just hope we GET a fine day !)

Marquee spot.jpg

Croí

Shiny_Rock
this is the view at the side. it''s just mountains all the way !

Side view - marquee.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Croi! That church is stunning!!! So cute... wont need much to decorate there, its perfect on its own! LOVE LOVE LOVE those beams in the ceiling... ive already gone back and looked at the pics 3 times!!! And i can totally picture the sun out and shining on the grass and sea... Your day is going to be perfect!!! So glad its coming together for you.
36.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
thank you njc - I''m SOOOO excited now.

just three more pics for you all. two from the beach (where I want to take photos - it was too much to fit in one pic so the first will be the ''left'' of the view and then the second will be the ''right'' of the view.

beach 1.jpg

Croí

Shiny_Rock
continuing to pan the horizon along the beach back towards the mountains

beach 2.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Croi- Your wedding location looks AWESOME. I''m so excited for you!! You''re going to have a great wedding!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Croi: Your church and reception sites are amazing! I''ll be at your wedding in spirit.

Croí

Shiny_Rock

okay, there were a few more that won''t upload for me (they say the files are either too large or too small). I have just a few of the pub which our marquee will be set up alongside. also one of another pub where I plan to take pics on the benches outside and inside with the old wood and big open fireplace.

I will try to get these into uploadable format sometime today but I have to go into a discipline hearing now and those tend to drag on for ages.

I am thrilled though, so happy to think it''s all coming together.

Just remember these pics were taken in January !

catch you all later on.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!!!

Best wishes.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Croi, I can just see it now. The church and reception sites are going to be stunning! Espeically with that emerald isle green! Glad to hear things are working out for you. Looks like you learned to dance on a shifting carpet! Now enjoy your engagement! (That''s a direct order....lol).
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow Croí

..... it all looks AMAZING. that church is so cute!! i''m so glad you got your location. i am soo excited for you
36.gif
36.gif
congrats!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Croi, I just have to agree with the other girls, it looks stunning and your wedding will be beautiful. I am so glad it is all coming together now!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Pretty pretty pretty!!! That''s going to be so wonderful Croi!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh Croi, it is positively breathtaking--it is going to be such a dreamy wedding!! I''m so thrilled everything is working out, and honestly, just seeing the church, venue, views, etc. makes me think yours is a wedding that should be in a magazine!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
Okay ladies
here is the latest from little old moi. here is a mock-up of the bridesmaids dresses and it seriously IS a mock up ( I just cut little swatches and kind of arranged them ''like'' it will be ! the trim is obviously far out of proportion for this 7" high dress ! hhee !)

we spent the day in NYC and I was really happy with the material (fabric) we found. on this pic the lower skirt looks very pinkish but it''s really more of a deep wine colour in reality. I''m thrilled with the colours, really love them ! we found one material (in cream) that I liked but unfortunately there wasn''t enough on the roll for my dress so we''ll have to try another day (and in Boston) for fabric for mine.

even though this is VERY rough, let me know what ye think !

P.S. also took in The Gates - it was actually really amazing to stand and see all this orange fabric for miles and miles through Central Park !!

mock BM dress.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Croi, how fun and unique and pretty!!!! I love the line of the dress--halter/a-line--and I would have never thought of putting those colors together, but I know it will work!!! And the trim along the waistline is GORGEOUS. I think the vibrancy totally fits your personality, and if 2-tone works, why not 3-tone!!! Love the mock-up
1.gif

VERY jealous you got to see The Gates. I always thought I''d still be there to see them (there was an exhibit at the met in the summer with all of the plans and sketches that I saw) and I think they''re fascinating. I had to study Christo in my aesthetics class in grad school and, as he says, "some people say, ''this is not art.'' but even then, they are thinking in terms of art!"

Wish I could get Christo and JeanClaude to wrap up my car! We''re having torrential rain and some stupid punks shattered my windshield for kicks on Saturday night. (Unusual in this neighborhood--there was a lot of stuff done on the block--police report, etc.) So I''d prefer their handywork to my measly tarp!! Actually, the mobile repair guys are coming today
1.gif

Anyway, sorry to thread-jack Croi--I am so glad you had a successful trip and I LOVE that you are designing every detail of your wonderful wedding.....and PLEASE post your fabric too once you get enough yardage!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I think the trim along the waistline is what keeps it all together - I don''t know you and yet... it looks just like you!

Fantastic!
emthup.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
hoorah !

thanks ladies !!!
I''m basing the dresses (and my own will be the same) on a dress Peter actually bought me for my birthday last year. We have a wedding in Vermont next month and I''ll be wearing that dress so I''ll be sure to take a pic of it so you will get a real idea of what I''m aiming for.

the trim isn''t from the waist, it''s from below the bust ....

anyway, I have a HUGE hat to go with this dress, have to show that off for you ladies too !

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh ok--that''s kind of what I thought it was so I misspoke a bit....the trim on the EMPIRE waistline!!
2.gif
2.gif

It is going to be so lovely! I agree with Erin--the trim draws the whole thing together. Love that your dress will be the same style--will you have a similar trim on yours?

Croí

Shiny_Rock
yes Blueroses !

I bought the trim for mine in the same store - exactly the same, only in cream with clear sequins rather than irridescent ones. It''s lovely, a very simple but feminine and dressy little accent to a very simple and elegant dress.

I am hoping to get the fabric soon so I can embroider some celtic knotwork on the bodice. It''s going to be plain cream with some cream embroidery (hopefully!) accented with tiny seed pearls (round, not oval like on the trim)

Have I mentioned HOW FREAKIN'' EXCITED I AM ?!?!?!??!?

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Hi Croi - oh how cool! You are so creative, I think the dresses will be great. I love the trim, and green/purple is one of my fave color combos.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Love the Celtic knot touch! And your dress is going to be SO AMAING! Your honey is going to do this:

23.gif
23.gif
6.gif
6.gif
39.gif
39.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
30.gif
30.gif
when he sees you in it!!!

Croí

Shiny_Rock

I hope you all don''t mind that I am just continuing all things about my wedding on here. I think it''s easiest and it''s nice for me because everything is together, like a little scrapbook of the steps from proposal to dum-dum-dee-dum .........
9.gif

anyway, I had a bit of a WOW moment today when I realised that it''s March next week and we''re getting married in April (technically, the church service has to be on Saturday so that is on April 30th). It''s just nine weeks from tomorrow !!! I counted - it''s sixty-four days away !
26.gif

so - here is where we stand ...

no e-ring
no wedding bands
no dresses - but do have the fabric !
no CLUE ! heh. oh come ON - I thought it was funny !
no definite idea on the food - one day my sis (chef) is doing it, next we''re catering it

I do have -

THE PERFECT GUY !!!!
3.gif

a church and a priest and family to stand with me
lots of friends/family ready to PAAARTY
a GREAT photographer
a fantastic location with a fun-minded host (wait till ye see pics of Mick!)

all things being equal I feel I''m in good shape!

We finished the invitations last night - I have to admit I''m thrilled with how they have turned out. They were a LOT more work than I expected but they are great. I will try to scan in front and back so you all can see. I also am including two pages of information/instructions. I felt it was best to be up front right off the bat (telling everyone it''s only immediate family at the church etc.) rather than have to repeat myself a hundred times. We have 115 on the guest list but I''m still only expecting 65-75 attendees. That is just about as many as I think I can have and enjoy my time and not feel I have to rush all over and worry if I forgot to talk to someone or other.

I don''t know if I mentioned this but I have had an online galpal for over five years now. She is in Florida and we have never met but she was ''there'' through my break-up and demise into dark and lonely depression and there when I crawled painfully back out and when Peter came into my life and Spring returned to my heart. She has been there for the whole thing - from when I met Peter to the proposal. I had told her we were talking about marrying on May 1st and she said
" I''m going to be there " - WOW !! Then, right on the day he proposed (but she didn''t know yet) she found great rates to London and went ahead and booked them. When I got online to tell her "he asked me!!!" she was already waiting to say "he better ask you, I booked flights !"
so she and her sister are going to be there and I''m THRILLED about that.

There are some people who don''t think they will make it that I wish could but I''m sure that is true whether you plan two months in advance or two years in advance ......... and besides, I''m not giving up on winning the lottery until the very last night !!!

kinda bored at work, have work I could be doing but not in the least motivated. just felt like catching up with my girls.

so that''s the story.

have great weekends, all of you .............
*hugs*
C
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Croi that is so cool that your internet buddy will be at your wedding and that you will finally get to meet her!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
I''m just now catching up w/ all the details of your wedding and all the pics. It sounds soo heavenly!! And the bmaids dress, that is the cutest mockup. 2 very huge thumbsup! Oh man, 9wks left only. Best wishes on the rest of the planning. You''re doing FANTASTIC!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Love your dress plan! So cute and fun!! But what are YOOOOOU going to wear???!
1.gif
I looove dresses. I wish I could get dressed up everyday. I can''t wait to see your wedding pictures!!

Croí

Shiny_Rock
9.gif

hi all !! just so happy right now. HE HAS THE STONE !!!!!!! I have no idea about anything re: specs but he did say he wishes it were bigger. I don''t mind in the least, I just can''t believe I''m really getting an engagement ring !!!

will keep ye posted !

and in the meantime I thought I''d share our invitations, now that I finally finished them !

drat - won''t let me upload ........ says the page is not available .... anyone got any ideas ??

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh Croí- you are so cute!! i''m so excited for you... things are sure moving FAST for you these days. you''ll be an old married woman in only a couple months
3.gif

can''t wait to see your invites!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
croi- YAY!! YOu''re getting an e-ring!!
I''m so excited for you! Can''t wait to see your ring!
Congrats! And what, only 2 months til your wedding?! Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results