shape
carat
color
clarity

he asked me ! he asked me !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Croí

Shiny_Rock

she would have been the one to make the dresses except that was too much to ask when she was pregnant (especially since she did my flowers!) so she did her own dress and a friend here did mine and the other four. Mum and I did all the embroidery but Naima sewed it together on her machine.

a very joint-effort but I was so happy with how they all turned out.

THANKS !

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I''ve just gotten through the latest additions.....what a GLORIOUS wedding!!! I LOVE seeing these, and that picture with you and your sisters is fabulous
36.gif
36.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock

okay - I LOVE MY HUSBAND !!!!

last night I went to see Tori Amos (unlike the rest of Boston, who went to see the Rolling Stones at Fenway !) and my friend who was to go with me, couldn''t make it and my darling hubby went with me so I wouldn''t have to go on my own and I can absolutely confirm that Tori is not exactly his ''cup-of-tea'' but he went anyway and endured over three hours of it ........ and I just LOVE him dammit ! he''s soooooooooooooo good to me !

but I''m going back to the wedding - we''re almost there, I''m determined to finish !!!

so, let''s see, we had the church, the beach, the get-together on Saturday night, the prep on Sunday, then food, first dance, music, dancing ........ LOTS of music and dancing !!

here is a mad pic - it''s my cousin and Mum dancing, I like that it''s this ''dizzy'' looking, because they were doing a spin and were flying around the floor !!

Croí

Shiny_Rock

oops, it didn''t ''take'' the first time ! I have a whole bunch of pics like this one, and while they are blurry (as such) I love that the show all the motion of the dancing. This one is one of my favourites.

PS J Mc and Mom - wild dancin !.jpg

Croí

Shiny_Rock

We had organised a bus to bring people out from town to the reception. This was the best idea because it meant that no-one had to drive afterwards. The bus came back out to collect everyone at around 1:00AM. It was finally all loaded up and ready to go by 1:30AM, crammed full of friends, cousins, aunts and uncles.

While my sisters and I sat around in chairs amid all the disarray my new-hubby and bro-in-laws were ''bonding'' ! It was actually cute, they were all really merry by now and were in a a huddle, arms around shoulders, talking about family and how great the day had been and how great it was to have Peter as one of the family now. aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww !
3.gif

Only then we were trying to sort out some things, pack stuff into the cars that we didn''t want to leave there overnight etc. etc. and they were STILL going on and on and my sisters and I were
20.gif
saying ''yeah, yeah, that''s all great, will you get this out to the car !?!'' hehhe.
21.gif
The three of them were just going on and on !!!!

Finally, we were loaded up and ready to head back to town. Some of the gang had ended up at the bar which was the ''other'' location for celebrations all week (it was where P''s son and friends stayed (upstairs in a B&B) and it was where we met up with each other and everyone who was on our respective hen/stag parties on Friday night) and my sister D. wanted to stop in there.
Now, please bear in mind, ladies and gents, that it is 2:00AM in the morning and I''m in my wedding dress (and heels!!) but I was on a high and thought it would really be a great laugh so we went !!!! Now, this bar used to be the biker/tough spot in the town and it has extended hours from a law from like a hundred years ago where it could open late to serve sailors (it''s the nearest bar to that canal I sent a pic of earlier) so even though there are no cargo ships in the canal, they managed to keep the license !!! Clever publican !!
3.gif
It iis always packed to the rafters late at night - and it was definitely jammed this particular night because the Monday was a holiday. We squeezed in and got some drinks and got deafened by the music and shouted conversation to each other for about another hour. Finally, they closed and we were really going home (home to the apartment) and two sisters and one sister''s hubby were going to crash with us. They decided to get food so we went back to the apartment.
Taking off those heels (finally!) was the most amazing feeling of relief !!!! heheh! (even though I must say they were pretty comfy all day and no blisters !)

We were there, just the pair of us, kissing and laughing and hardly believing it was all real and it was all done. We sat on the sofa and talked about the day and then changed clothes. We had just about given up on them when my sisters, bro-in-law, P''s son and one of his friends and one cousin all arrived in with five pizzas !!! This was after 4:00AM. So we all sat around and ate pizza and looked at photos from the hen/stag on my laptop ! Finally got to be sometime after 5:00AM.

Croí

Shiny_Rock

This is the outside of the Abbey - scene of much partying all of those days ......... and where we ended up at the end of it all !

PS The Abbey !!.jpg

Croí

Shiny_Rock
so this was me (both of us!) at the end of our celebration, our poor severely sleep-deprived bodies just literally collapsed into the bed !

when the alarm went off the following morning I wished we had this

and I literally couldn''t believe it when he said we had to get up ..... as in ''now'' ....... it wasn''t possible that we''d slept for five hours already, I wanted to sleep for another fifteen (at least!) but we had to get up because it was now Monday morning and we had to drive his son and friends back to the airport.

Struggled into the shower, got dressed, drove to the pub. The lads were up and ready, bags on the floor - we were all exhausted - but the vibe was good, everyone was happy, everyone had had a ball. While we were waiting for one of them to bring down more luggage from his room, two friends who had travelled from Galway for the wedding arrived into the pub looking for breakfast, they were surprised to see us up and about ! We had a brief two minute chat with them .... then off for the airport.

It''s a two hour drive .............

I am not joking in the least when I say that I got there on auto-pilot ... I have no recollection of any of that drive except hearing the guys snoring in the back seat !

We got them there in time, saw them off, drove back ( I was sooooooooo tired ) and got back to the apartment in the late afternoon. I rang my Mum''s to see if we needed to do anything but she said my bro-in-laws and Dad had gone out to the marquee early in the morning and cleared everything up. They are so good !!

So we fell into bed again ........... and
30.gif
I''d live happily ever after in bed with my darling if we didn''t have to like, you know, eat and work and be social and stuff ........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results