shape
carat
color
clarity

he asked me ! he asked me !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Great story- can''t wait for the exciting conclusion, and even moreso, the pics! Come back soon Croi!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Paging Mrs. Croi-bie?

.......we can''t WAIT to hear the end of your romantic story!!!
emlove.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock

dropping in to continue the story ..............

I know it''s making you all insane, I''m really sorry - a friend who was at our wedding (she lives in Dublin) is over here now (she came here for another wedding !) and I haven''t had a minute to sit at the computer.

ANYHOOOO .... where was I ?

oh, I was going-to-the-chapel-and-a-gonna-get-ma-aa-aaa-ried !!!
9.gif

so I drove to the church with my parents. my sisters came in other cars and we all pulled in and the guys were all inside already and the photographer was there, ready to go ! It was our first time meeting so it was kind of funny ; she gave me a big hug and said " so we meet at last !" She started taking pics right away.

then the second "not according to plan" thing happened !
I originally hoped to have a friend of one sister play very simple slow airs on the flute as I entered the church but she had exams and couldn''t do it so I decided on the "Ave Maria" sung by Andrea Bocelli instead. So my brother-in-law had brought the music and the Bose wave radio to play it on ..... and we had it timed, the first verse plays, the nephews go up; then youngest sis, next sis, next sis, matron of honour sis, and then yours truly.
so we are outside, taking pics, and next thing, the music starts inside the church !!!! YIKES !
so now we are scrambling in the entryway to get in order and the boys go up and then one sister and then the next one ......... MUSIC STOPS !!!
(the boys were just doing a test run but none of us knew that and now we''d already started, we had to keep going !)
so we walked up in silence and just as I almost got there the music started again !
Everyone was laughing ! It was actually really funny. Also, my youngest nephew, just over a year old, plonked down on his bum halfway up the aisle and decided he was comfy there and not going any further ..... so getting up to the altar was a multiple adventure !
The only thing I would have changed was that Peter didn''t turn to see me, he wasn''t sure what was going on ........ so he only saw me when I finally reached him at the top pew (bear in mind, the church is tiny).
Then we are at the top, walk all done, hymn has just started over and now we all have to sit and wait for it to finish. It was beautiful though, those few silent minutes with Andrea''s spectacular voice filling the whole place.

and thus our ceremony began .................

Croí

Shiny_Rock
ha !! brilliant ! just tried adjusting picture size using different software (the other was shrinking them so much, the distortion was AWFUL)

here is the ring pic again ......... more to come .........

PS2ringstogether.jpg

Croí

Shiny_Rock

yikes ! that''s huge - let me play some more

Croí

Shiny_Rock

this is my bouquet and the embroidery on the bottom of my dress (one side anyway!)

did Mom and I do a great job ?!?!

PSstitchingflowers.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, Croi! The embroidery is spectacular! Matches your wedding bands too! Great detail pics!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
yay the Croí story finally continues
36.gif

your dress looks amazing- can''t wait to see a picture of the whole thing!

Croí

Shiny_Rock

ohdear

anyone have any ideas how I can get the ''perfect'' pic to upload ? these are right for file size but still come up on here much bigger than they open on my computer. help please ?

will continue story after lunch.

BTW, on a total side note I had the MOST BRILLIANT BUZZ last night. My sweet darling hubby has a birthday tomorrow and I was looking for a card - in the regular card spot, then it hit me !

I can buy a Happy Birthday to my HUSBAND card !!!!!!

woweeeee ! I scurried around to the other aisle and started looking, it was so strange and such a GREAT feeling somehow. I ended up buying two because I couldn''t decide !! One is funny but cute and the other is more romantic ...

I think it''s worth saying that the whole "romance is all gone once you get married" absolutely doesn''t hold true for us so far (it''ll be three weeks this Saturday, I can''t even believe it !!!!)

right, lunch ........ must eat ......... am rambling ........ hmm, do that anyway - oh well !

Erin

Ideal_Rock
A file size of under 6 K is recommended.

Save your photos as .jpgs; set your original resolution for 72-100, and size your picture file to no more than 600 pixels in either direction (recommended average picture sizes are in the 150 x 175 to 225 x 300 range).

I can''t wait to see the entire dress - that embroidery looks spectacular!

rockupied

Rough_Rock
AND THE CROWD ROARS WITH PLEASURE!!!!
36.gif

Your rings, the dress embroidery, YOUR BOUQUET.... ALL BEEEAAAUUTIFULLL. And the icing on the cake
emcake.gif
(pun intended) is your absolute enthusiasm.

Can hardly wait to see more pictures!

Croí

Shiny_Rock

here are my sisters and nephews arriving at the church ........

aren''t the boys SOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE !!
9.gif

PS1sistersnephews.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh they are so cute and I love the green on those dresses! Yippee! Congrats to you!

Croí

Shiny_Rock

The sun shone and the birds sang and the world was so beautiful and perfect and in a little white church, nestled in a mountainside, the man I love most in the whole wide world told me he''d be mine forever ....... and I told him the same.

It was so magical, I have no words to describe how I felt in that moment. It was pure joy and happiness, plain and simple and yet profound and perfect. Like I said, no words really work.

the whole ceremony was lovely, and short too - about twenty-five minutes - and all of it was just how I''d hoped and dreamed, the readings (my Mom did them) and the prayers and the smiles of those I loved when I turned to see them all sitting watching us.

before I knew it, I was a missus ! wow !!!!
9.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
and they lived happily ever after ............. the beginning ...............

PSbluewindow.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I
emlove.gif
that picture!
36.gif

rockupied

Rough_Rock
YAY !!!
You''re pictures are FABULOUS!
30.gif

And your fairytale is priceless.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ohhhhhh i love that picture in the church too! it''s so sweet... more pictures! pleeeeease
1.gif
your excitement is contagious!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Wonderful accounting of the story. And Croi I am so impressed with the embroidery you and your mother did. Now I know why the late night and long hours working on it. It is gorgeous. I love the pic in the chapel. Cannot wait to see more pictures.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, sooo precious! I love that pic of you two with the stained glass....Croi, I have sooo enjoyed reading the bits of your story as they have been posted! It just makes me smile...I can just feel how excited and happy and absolutely in love you are, and it''s beautiful. CONGRATULATIONS, and best wishes for a long and healthy life together!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh Croi, I am in tears--how wonderful!! SO thrilled for you and Peter. HOORAY!!!!!!! So romantic and amazing....and I agree, it is ALL incredible, but that embroidery is FABULOUS!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
That work on your dress...wow it is stunning and the pciture of you and your husband in the church with the stained glass windows....timeless.

Croí

Shiny_Rock

thank you all for all the kind words, it really was magical and beautiful and I will always feel my heart soar when I think back on little details of the day.

after the church, we took photos inside and outside and then went off to the beach to take more photos. the beach pics turned out SO good. the colours are amazing and the pictures themselves are great - almost all candids, very few posed shots. we also took pics on the path to the beach (there''s a church in the background, not the one we got married at but another) and THOSE I love too, especially one of us kissing !

then we went to the pub where the marquee was set up for Sunday and we took photos there too. us outside the doorway and sitting on the outside benches and drinking pints by a signpost !!!

finally we went back home and changed into regular clothes and went out to meet all those who had arrived during the course of the day for the festivities on Sunday. that turned out to be a good time actually, because as it was when Sunday came, it was so manic and there were so many people there, that I hardly got a minute to talk to people and - I regret to say - there were even some people I didn''t get to talk to AT ALL.
Still, everyone says that is the nature of it and they all had a great time regardless. So that was good.

Will fill ye in on Sunday in the next post !

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh!! Another update!! This is worse than when Reena got engaged and waited two weeks to post her Leon. Torture I say, torture!

Croí

Shiny_Rock

okay, I''m nervous of this !!! I have never ever posted my pic online ever before. But I promised so here goes.

PS1happy bride on the rocks.jpg

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Stunning. You look so happy, like someone turned on a little light in side you and it is spilling out all over the place

CONGRATS!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh Croi, what a beautiful bride you are!!! I agree, your joy is just radiating out through your picture--what a glorious day and what a wonderful start to your marriage! (And you and your mom did so well on your dress--you look gorgeous!)
36.gif
36.gif

rockupied

Rough_Rock
What an awesome sight! Great picture, thank you so much for sharing!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Croi! What a beautiful photo!

Agreed with Blueroses, your dress came out wonderfully!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
You look ravishing! Your flowers your dress you skin all look perfect! What a lovely bride!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results