shape
carat
color
clarity

he asked me ! he asked me !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Croí

Shiny_Rock
*TIGGERBOUNCE*

I am still in shock and disbelief but he really did it, he asked me !
and I said "YES"
so it''s official, we''re engaged !!!

yesterday, around 12:23 (heh).

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!! Congratulations Croi!!!!!!!! We knew it would be soon!!!!!!! Now you can start the HARDcore wedding planning -- and not in SECRET! Did you tell everyone in Ireland, and did you mention that you've been secretly planning already?

I'M SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! GET OFF MY LIST GIRL!! LOL!!!

DETAILS DETAILS!! GIVE US DETAILS!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Croi!!!!!! I''m so happy for you and relived that you can officially start planning that lovely wedding!

Good luck with all of your plans, dear!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Croi!!!! I knew he would do it before you went home! I''m so happy for you and can''t wait to see the pictures!!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Congratulations
36.gif

These next few weeks are gonna fly - ENJOY!!!

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
Congratulations Croi!

I meant to respond to one of your earlier emails about going to Italy.... My favorite place in the whole world is in Italy -- Cinque Terre. It''s amazingly beautiful! If you have any other questions about places, let me know -- I spent a few weeks in Italy and had a GREAT time!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I''m SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you Croi!
Congrats!
Now.. only 4 more months til your wedding!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
YEA!!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!!

I havent read the whole post yet, but im just so excited i had to say this first!!! YEA!!!! Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Okay, now ive read it all... GIVE US DETAILS GIRL!!!! GIVE US PICTURES!!!! YOU KNOW THE RULES!!!!
9.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Croí congratulations! I had been following your story on the LIW thread and I''m glad that you can now move "full steam ahead" on your wedding plans!!
36.gif

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so very happy for you! I was begining to wonder if we would hear from you before your trip home. can''t wait for the pics and story. have a safe and funfilled trip

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!

Smart boy. ;-)

Now, RING PICS!!! And I love proposal stories so please share!

Croí

Shiny_Rock

thank you - thank you ! I''m soooooooooo crazyhappy right now ! oh yes, details ! heh !

well, nothing at ALL like honeynuts crazy day ! (which still has me smiling, how totally cute !!)

you all know I was hoping and praying he''d ask me before I fly home (two days from now) but I was also trying hard to keep a good perspective if he DIDN''T ask me. so yesterday starts as a normal, boring day (day off for us for MLK day). we took my car to the shop (needs work) and then came home and had breakfast. It was COLD out.
We were just being lazy, listening to Norah Jones and playing gin rummy !
3.gif
Fun us time. I kept hoping he''d at least talk about the wedding and then he said " I''ve got to pay some bills " and I must have looked soooo crestfallen because he said "no, okay, let''s talk" so we started talking about the wedding and everything and as we were talking I was getting emotional and stuff (it''s BIG stuff this whole planning my wedding and my life with this man) and he slid off the sofa onto the floor on his knees, kneeling at my knees and I started to cry and he asked me "will you marry me Caroline ?" and I said "yes" and then he asked me again and I said "yes" (half laughing/half crying) and then he asked me again and said "please" and I said "yes ! yes ! I will marry you" and we were kissing and kissing and I couldn''t stop crying I was so happy.

I know it wasn''t what he''d planned to do but I couldn''t be happier. I had always wondered WHERE he''d ask me and I used to wonder if it would be somewhere we could re-visit and re-live the moment and now it''s our sofa !! I''m so absurdly happy about that. I mean I''m SOOOO HAPPY about that little detail. I was afraid it would be some restaurant or some location that would change or get knocked down or something - or even somewhere here and we plan to not stay on in the city so we would most likely not really ever get back to it.
It''s so great though, we picked that sofa out together when we moved in together last year. Now I can re-live the moment my love asked me to be his wife whenever I want to ( I even already did, TWICE, last night !!! ehehhehe
25.gif
) I can sit there, right in that spot, and relive the whole thing and I can sit there when I''m his wife and I can sit there with our children (I hope) on my knee and I can physically be in that wonderful, beautiful place where my life changed forever - at any given time I want ! - and when we move (which we will eventually, we are renting) it will come with me !!! How GREAT is that ??? I''ll always have my proposal place - honestly, he couldn''t have done better if he''d planned it (though it was spontaneous when it happened !).
I cried and cried. We just kissed and kissed and cried and laughed and kissed for well over an hour ! *soppyhappygirl*

No ring yet. We are going to do all that when I get back from home. I am looking forward to it. It''ll be fun and I told him he can ask again with the ring and do it his way this time. He laughed ! I think that means he will !
9.gif

I rang home then - it was funny. I had PROMISED my youngest sister I''d tell her first but my Dad answered the phone ........ so I asked for her and he said ''right'' and then put Mom on the phone while he went to get her !! Finally she came on and I was able to tell her and she was yelling and screaming ! heheheh
1.gif
Then she put Mom back on and Mom was saying "oh that''s just such wonderful news, I''m so happy for you both" etc. etc. It was really nice, but my nephew is teething and was all cranky on Mom''s shoulder so she had to get off the phone so I said I''d ring my other sis (the pregnant one, who''d be my maid of honour) and I rang her next. She was HILARIOUS. " I''m not going to be the fat bridesmaid !! what if I go into labour from the stress of trying to get into my dress ?!? " We had a great laugh. She just kept saying "it''s so brilliant! "
Only problem is there''s one sister I couldn''t reach. She''s on holidays on the continent and her phone wasn''t working. So I haven''t told too many other folk yet because I feel badly telling others when one of my sisters still doesn''t know.

I can''t WAIT to go home on Thursday now. Hopefully when I get back I''ll have a much better idea of the next step.

The CRAZY thing is that all my family wanted the excuse of taking a trip over to HERE, they all expected me to have the wedding here. So now I am conflicted. A fall wedding here in the North East would be so lovely too. It will all come down to number crunching ! Maybe we''ll do two very small gatherings instead of one medium one !

ANYWAY - I am soooooooooo happy, I''m still on a cloud. We both wear matching knotwork rings on our right hands and he told me to switch it over until I get my ring. He switched his too !

I am so happy I don''t know how I''m behaving like a ''normal'' person at work today !!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just knew it would happen before you left! HOORAY!! SO thrilled for you....and now you will have one of the most lovely and SHORT engagements b/c so much of the work is already done!!

DETAILS, young lassy
2.gif
SO excited for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS CROI!!!!!!

I am so happy that your dreams are coming together!!!!! You can now celebrate your engagement with your family in Ireland (whew! just a few days to spare, right?)
3.gif

post pics when you can!!

-lovey

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ok, now I''ve read your lovely story--SO sweet I''m a bit teary!!

Don''t feel pressure--if you''ve dreamed of the Irish wedding than do it. Or do both!!

WHEEE!!!!!

Croí

Shiny_Rock
thank you all SO much for the great congrats.

on pics. I suggested a walk after the phonecalls, I was HYPER (worse than a puppy, needed to get out !!!) and I wanted a pic of us on the day so we went to the park. it was bloody freezing !
I didn''t think of it as we were going but it was PERISHING cold. we took two pics and high-tailed it back home - it was funny, on the way back he got a page (from work) with a weather advisory about the severe conditions ( I think it was only 9 or 10 F plus a wind chill). This morning it was only 4, right now it''s 7 !!

the pics are on my camera and he still doesn''t want any on a site so I can only send via e-mail. anyone who wants to see us, just PM me ...... I''d be SO happy to share.

I think I can safely say I''m going to be the only person in my family who got proposed to on the day of an actual severe cold weather advisory ! heheheh !
We first fell in love in winter, so I think it''s kinda apt !!

AND - later, after the calls and the walk, we went to dinner at a lovely little restaurant we used to frequent a lot when we began dating - and after dinner I told the waiter we had got engaged and that I really wanted to keep the menu ! he was only too delighted to hand it over AND he got up on a chair to check what music had been playing and wrote it down for me.

We came home and spent some time waltzing by candlelight to Willie Nelson''s "Valentine" and I felt like I my feet were suspended on little clouds !

I am STILL walking (floating) on clouds !! and the best is yet to come too ~

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh Croí, i am SO EXCITED to see this thread!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, that is soooooooo sweet... and i love the bit about the sofa. just think- you''re going to be MARRIED a mere 3 and a half months from now. holy crap, girl!! you''ve made my day...
30.gif

best wishes for a wonderful life together

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
OH wow, congratulations!!!
9.gif
I''m so happy you got your proposal before you went home!! Have a fabulous trip home this week
9.gif

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
omg omg omg!!! I am just trying so hard not to be all TEARY!!!! You are the sweetest and cutest thing ever and i LOVE that he proposed to you right there in the midst of all of that emotion -- and that you have the sofa to haul around with you forever as a reminder!!! lol!!!!! sniff sniff!!!
I know I already said it once but CONGRATULATIONS again!!!!!!!!!!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS CROI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh CROI! Congrats, from the bottom of my heart. I am so happy for you! And you were planning your wedding already so you definitely knew what you were doing.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
. I know that you will be very, very happy together.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
hooray croi!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
SJS - you are tooooooooo darling yourself. I know it''s so silly about lugging the sofa around but I can''t stop picturing it years from now all tattered and with throws on it to cover up the scrapes and tears and I see it as a physical landmark in our life together and I''m so stupidhappy that I''ll have it for always.

Can''t you see me now if (god forbid) things went up in flames, forget the precious legal documents, get the sofa ! get the sofa !!!

hehehehe.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
and that you have the sofa to haul around with you forever as a reminder!!!
I've been chuckling at this comment SJS! Haul around with you forever... i HATE moving sofas!
14.gif

Croi - That is such a sweet, sweet proposal and the walk and park pics and your lovely dinner! I dont think there is a more sincere proposal out there. And how nice that you all had matching rings already to switch over! Super great temp rings!!!

My FI proposed to me while i was on our sofa too, and i have to say i never thought about having the spot he proposed to me always with us to "haul around"
2.gif
You've put a new perspective on my own proposal! And we picked out the sofa together too! Too funny!

And i cant say it enough... CONGRATULATIONS!!! So glad your family is excited and you can share it with them in person!!!

36.gif
12.gif
9.gif
26.gif
31.gif
30.gif
36.gif
9.gif
26.gif
35.gif
9.gif
3.gif
18.gif
36.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray, Hooray for Caroline! I am so happy for you, and having it happen right before your trip home means that you can really get all of the excitement that your family is feeling for you!

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
oh geeze, I just got all teary eyed too after reading your story

Croí

Shiny_Rock
njc

wow ! we have similiar stories, maybe we should post pictures of our sofas ! heheheh !!
3.gif

I''m glad I gave you a new perspective. I can''t wait to go home and sit on it !!!

I can''t wait to see my sisters and start firmly up all the plans re: dresses etc. Regardless of location, I''ll still be able to do a lot of stuff with the girls. One sis (another) I''ve only been able to reach via text messages but we are hoping to actually talk tonight, still can''t reach the other. I may end up telling her in person !

30.gif
this is me right now, I''m like a fem-bot but shooting lovehearts instead of bullets !!
30.gif
36.gif

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
lol!! I guess you don''t REALLY have to haul the thing around forever - I mean at some point you could just remove the fabric from one of the cushions and keep that! Maybe make a little pillow out of it even!
face23.gif

So you leave tomorrow or the next day?? and when do you come back??? wow. I want to go!! :)

Croí

Shiny_Rock

I fly out on Thursday night and arrive home Friday morning. I have two meetings set up for Friday (one location and the marquee guy); another meeting set up for Saturday morning (another location); my little nephews birthday on Sunday and meeting the photographer Monday; pack Tuesday, back on Wednesday.

it''ll be manic but hopefully it''ll be a GREAT and HAPPY MANICNESS (bit like the Great and Powerful Oz but without all the fake effects !)
heheh
9.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
lovely story and CONGRATS!!!!

ps I really like your smileys... they''re so cute!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results