shape
carat
color
clarity

Gray Spinel and Diamond Ring + Capsule Jewelry Wardrobe

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently bought a DBTY bracelet, and if I could wear jewellery to work, I'd never take it off. So comfy and easy to wear. It'd be a great addition to your beautiful collection.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I also wanted to mention that my wrist is about 6 inches, and the bracelet is 6.5 inches. I am very happy with that length. I think 5 or 6 stations of 10 pointers would be very lovely. And since I love your collection, I will add that I think a dbty bracelet would be an excellent addition to your collection.

Thank you! I like how many diamonds are visible on your bracelet. I emailed WF again for a quote for 6 x .10 and 6 x .12 (7 would likely push the budget too far).

I actually think the DBTY is better because you already have the VCA Frivole earrings and your pendant that are floral, plus the olive leaf band. So in that respect, I think that a classic, neutral piece would be best. I will say that I recommend 6-7 diamond stations on a DBTY bracelet, though. The one I have and love has 6, but I think @OdetteOdile 's is wonderful with 7 bezels.

Your advice is so helpful to me, DS, thank you! Although the design of the olive leaf is beautiful and fits my aesthetic, I do not want my overall look to get too fussy or girly. I also plan to buy the rose gold vintage Alhambra bracelet for my right wrist one day (maybe my 40th next year), which will be yet another flowery piece.

I think if it’s something you plan to wear with your watch then a cuff bracelet makes more sense. I used to wear a David Yurman bracelet with my watch and I thought it paired nicely. Anytime I wore a regular bracelet with my watch I felt like the bracelet just slipped into my watch and looked messy...but that could also be because I like my bracelets looser.

With that said, I do think the DBTY bracelet is lovely and definitely a staple so you can’t go wrong there!

That's something to consider, for sure. I wouldn't want my bracelet tangling with my watch. I haven't worn my watch in months, since I've been staying home, but I expect I'll be wearing it more regularly when life gets back to normal.

I was looking at some cuff styles, but I'm not sure how they would be for daily wear. I tried on this at Tiffany last year. It looked lovely on (much more so than I expected) and felt very comfortable. Unsure if it's too modern for my style and how I feel about the obvious logo. I found a pre-owned one that would be just a bit over my budget...

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 9.14.36 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 9.14.21 AM.png

I recently bought a DBTY bracelet, and if I could wear jewellery to work, I'd never take it off. So comfy and easy to wear. It'd be a great addition to your beautiful collection.

Good to know! My preference is to wear key pieces all the time (my pendant and rings, except the spinel ring). Seems the DBTY has the most supporters here.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@DorotheaBrooke I had a Tiffany T bracelet like that and sold it. However, I think my wrist is larger than yours for sure. I have a 6.85ish wrist and my ring finger is anywhere from 6.75 to 7.25 depending on weather and day, so I think you are a bit more petite than me- most are.

I didn't like how it felt wrapping around the back of my wrist and pressing into the skin at certain angles. But, if you have a slimmer wrist and get a looser fit, I think it would be okay.

I sold mine because I should have never bought it. If you see my stuff, you can probably guess why. It didn't fit and I bought it because I liked it and was wanting something that month.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
@DorotheaBrooke I had a Tiffany T bracelet like that and sold it. However, I think my wrist is larger than yours for sure. I have a 6.85ish wrist and my ring finger is anywhere from 6.75 to 7.25 depending on weather and day, so I think you are a bit more petite than me- most are.

I didn't like how it felt wrapping around the back of my wrist and pressing into the skin at certain angles. But, if you have a slimmer wrist and get a looser fit, I think it would be okay.

I sold mine because I should have never bought it. If you see my stuff, you can probably guess why. It didn't fit and I bought it because I liked it and was wanting something that month.

Great to hear from someone who had this bracelet! My biggest worry is buying something that I'll want to take off mid-day. It felt quite comfortable at the boutique, but of course I wore it for only a minute or two. My wrist size is ~6.24" and I would get the medium, which is a bit loose.

Your jewelry is beautiful and, yes, I can see how the T bracelet would not quite fit with your romantic, vintage/antique style. My style leans more toward yours than toward anything too modern.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone's advice has been so helpful - love this place! Looks like I'll be going for the DBTY-style bracelet. Now I have to decide on the size, which is difficult when I cannot try them on. My wrist size is 6.25" so I plan to request the length as 6.75".

For about the same price 5 x .15 or 6 x .12?
Or save $500 with 6 x .10?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone's advice has been so helpful - love this place! Looks like I'll be going for the DBTY-style bracelet. Now I have to decide on the size, which is difficult when I cannot try them on. My wrist size is 6.25" so I plan to request the length as 6.75".

For about the same price 5 x .15 or 6 x .12?
Or save $500 with 6 x .10?

Or 7 x .10?

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I would do 6 X .12. I think that would be perfect. And I think 6.75 inches will work well!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good point, do you think that would be the best option? Tell me what you would do, mrs-b! :)

Hi @DorotheaBrooke! :wavey:

I'd do as many stations as I could afford. The difference between 10 points and 12 points, once bezeled, is almost invisible. So I'd do 10 points and 7 stations. The problem with 6 is that you can end up with just 2 at the front on your wrist, one on each side, and 2 at the back - meaning that sometimes you see just 2 diamonds. Which doesn't look very DBTY-ish at all. That doesn't happen with 7 or more. So I'd go 7 or 8, were it me.

I have to say, tho, a DBTY for you is PERFECT, given what I know of your taste and aesthetic. For myself, I wear bangles all the time and love them. Mine aren't tubes - they're slightly flattened - ergo very comfortable. Frankly, I can see you in one bangle and one DBTY bracelet. Perfect, in my opinion!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @DorotheaBrooke! :wavey:

I'd do as many stations as I could afford. The difference between 10 points and 12 points, once bezeled, is almost invisible. So I'd do 10 points and 7 stations. The problem with 6 is that you can end up with just 2 at the front on your wrist, one on each side, and 2 at the back - meaning that sometimes you see just 2 diamonds. Which doesn't look very DBTY-ish at all. That doesn't happen with 7 or more. So I'd go 7 or 8, were it me.

I have to say, tho, a DBTY for you is PERFECT, given what I know of your taste and aesthetic. For myself, I wear bangles all the time and love them. Mine aren't tubes - they're slightly flattened - ergo very comfortable. Frankly, I can see you in one bangle and one DBTY bracelet. Perfect, in my opinion!

Whiteflash answered my question about size with the same opinion - the difference between .10 and .12 would be hard to appreciate for the price difference. That narrows it down to a lot of .10 or fewer .15.

You make an excellent point about how many diamonds would be visible at one time. The look I'm going for is a bunch of little sparklies. I'm harassing WF one more time for a quote on 8 x .10, which should be within my budget, based on previous quotes.

Now you've put in my mind the idea of a bangle in the future. :)

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for your help, @OdetteOdile ! I was almost set on 6 x .12 until WF said the difference between .10 and .12 would be difficult to appreciate. So now I'm thinking more .10s, as discussed above.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash answered my question about size with the same opinion - the difference between .10 and .12 would be hard to appreciate for the price difference. That narrows it down to a lot of .10 or fewer .15.

You make an excellent point about how many diamonds would be visible at one time. The look I'm going for is a bunch of little sparklies. I'm harassing WF one more time for a quote on 8 x .10, which should be within my budget, based on previous quotes.

Now you've put in my mind the idea of a bangle in the future. :)

Bracelet + bangle - understated, elegant, classy. It's all you, @DorotheaBrooke!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I like how many diamonds are visible on your bracelet. I emailed WF again for a quote for 6 x .10 and 6 x .12 (7 would likely push the budget too far).

Your advice is so helpful to me, DS, thank you! Although the design of the olive leaf is beautiful and fits my aesthetic, I do not want my overall look to get too fussy or girly. I also plan to buy the rose gold vintage Alhambra bracelet for my right wrist one day (maybe my 40th next year), which will be yet another flowery piece.

That's something to consider, for sure. I wouldn't want my bracelet tangling with my watch. I haven't worn my watch in months, since I've been staying home, but I expect I'll be wearing it more regularly when life gets back to normal.

I was looking at some cuff styles, but I'm not sure how they would be for daily wear. I tried on this at Tiffany last year. It looked lovely on (much more so than I expected) and felt very comfortable. Unsure if it's too modern for my style and how I feel about the obvious logo. I found a pre-owned one that would be just a bit over my budget...

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 9.14.36 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 9.14.21 AM.png

Good to know! My preference is to wear key pieces all the time (my pendant and rings, except the spinel ring). Seems the DBTY has the most supporters here.

I have the Tiffany T wire bracelet too. Mine is rose gold and medium size. My wrist is quite dainty too and I find the bracelet really comfortable. Its just a great piece and very easy to wear. There's something really striking about the design that just makes it pop.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Decision made! I paid for the 8 x .10 DBTY platinum bracelet. Now I wait.

I do love how the Tiffany T looks on my wrist, @diamondhoarder. Perhaps that will be my future bangle, or the Tiffany platinum Etoile, or a custom piece, or something @mrs-b suggests. :)

I'm putting in writing here that my next planned jewelry purchase is the Van Cleef Vintage Alhambra 5-motif bracelet in rose gold for my other wrist. I hope to buy it from a Paris boutique next fall for my 40th birthday (if travel is okay by then!).

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 9.40.38 PM.png

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Very exciting! Can't wait to see pictures when your bracelet arrives!

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
This is one of my favorite colored stones rings I’ve ever seen.

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
This thread is inspired by the lovely mrs-b, mostly because I bought her DKJ gray spinel, diamond, and platinum ring! I was not planning to buy a new ring now, but could not resist when I saw the listing on the pre-loved forum. I wear this now with my wedding ring, since I recently had my original engagement ring turned into a pendant by Maytal Hannah. This ring already has a SMTB thread, but I could not resist sharing my excitement here.

20181001-DSCF9534.jpg

20181001-DSCF9690.jpg

20181001-DSCF9643.jpg

With my wedding ring:

20181001-DSCF9668.jpg

20181001-DSCF9728.jpg

20181001-DSCF9666.jpg

With my anniversary pendant:

20181001-DSCF9551.jpg

Video in low indoor lighting:

This post is also inspired by mrs-b because her lovely collection has me thinking about creating a jewelry capsule wardrobe, which I already do with my clothes. Currently, I have a small (or I'll say, tightly edited) collection, and I wear almost everything daily. I never take off my wedding ring, anniversary rings, or diamond pendant (except to clean them, of course!). Sometimes I change out my diamond studs for pearl or silver Tiffany earrings, but rarely.

My daily jewelry wardrobe:

20181001-DSCF9609.jpg

My full, small wardrobe - Tiffany pearls, diamond pendant by Maytal Hannah, 1.4 ct O AVC ring by Maytal Hannah, Tiffany olive leaf band, eternity wedding ring, gray spinel ring, .49 ct D BGD bezel studs, David Yurman watch. I also have a silver Hermes Farandole necklace not shown:

20181001-DSCF9755.jpg

Real life perspective:

20181001-DSCF9651.jpg

I plan to continue being very intentional with my jewelry purchases - mostly because I cannot allocate a lot of money to it right now. ;-)On my list are a rose gold bracelet, hoop earrings, platinum diamond bangle, rose gold pendant to stack with my diamond pendant, diamond drop earrings, and a white gold band that I can stack between my spinel ring and wedding band. In no particular order. :razz:

I'd love to hear if others think of their jewelry in this way and/or see pictures!

Where did you find this spinel?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny, as @dk168 predicted, I added a few pieces to my jewelry wardrobe over the past 6 months. :) First, my husband surprised me with these Van Cleef white gold and diamond mini Frivole earrings.

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20191226125746168.jpg

With my Maytal Hannah pendant.

IMG_20191226_133523.jpg

Then he gifted me this Tiffany 2mm platinum and diamond band for our 16 year anniversary. I was planning to buy a plain thin band to wear between my wedding ring and spinel ring, as the diamonds on my wedding band were starting to wear on the spinel ring's setting, so when I saw @ame's listing for the Tiffany band, it was even better.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200520104239599_COVER.jpg

Here are the rings all together in different lighting. I continue to be so in love with the @mrs-b spinel ring!

DSCF0186.jpg
DSCF0201.jpg

I also bought a pair of Tiffany drop pearls in silver.

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200520111945476.jpg

My updated jewelry capsule wardrobe.

DSCF0145.jpg

Daily platinum-white gold jewelry.

DSCF0165.jpg

Here are the rose gold rings I wear on my right hand (Maytal Hannah/AVC and Tiffany Olive Leaf).

DSCF0223.jpg

At this point, there are only two more pieces that I'd like for my regular wardrobe, a rose gold bracelet and a rose gold necklace to layer occasionally. I've been wearing the VCA earrings almost daily, so I'm considering selling the BGD bezel earrings, although they are a great basic. I could put the funds toward a rose gold piece. ;-)

P.S. @OdetteOdile, I was remiss in forgetting to answer your question. The jewelry box is from Pottery Barn.

I admire your ability to know exactly what you want and how it will fit with your collection. The new flower earrings add a bit of whimsy, yet they are also classic.

Beautiful collection!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’ve just been admiring this thread (for too long, really)

And am eager to replicate your “capsule” approach! We seem to have some stylistic overlap as well!

Like you, I love white metals and rose gold. I’m shopping for a necklace, and have been debating whether I go for platinum or rose gold. I have mostly white metals but have recently fallen in love rose gold, although the only rose gold piece I have is a bracelet and I just bought tiny studs that I’ll wear in my second piercing.

Basically, I’m trying to decide if I build out my dominant white metal collection first and then gradually build out rose gold pieces…

Or…mix and match? If I got a rose gold necklace now, I’d be wearing it with white gold hoops or little platinum studs for at least another 1-2 years.

How have you done it? Sorry if this is more context than necessary. But I’m genuinely curious. Any regrets?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And am eager to replicate your “capsule” approach! We seem to have some stylistic overlap as well!

Like you, I love white metals and rose gold. I’m shopping for a necklace, and have been debating whether I go for platinum or rose gold. I have mostly white metals but have recently fallen in love rose gold, although the only rose gold piece I have is a bracelet and I just bought tiny studs that I’ll wear in my second piercing.

Basically, I’m trying to decide if I build out my dominant white metal collection first and then gradually build out rose gold pieces…

Or…mix and match? If I got a rose gold necklace now, I’d be wearing it with white gold hoops or little platinum studs for at least another 1-2 years.

How have you done it? Sorry if this is more context than necessary. But I’m genuinely curious. Any regrets?

Hi @Cerulean -

Altho my collection is more wide ranging, I did a capsule approach which I started...well...decades ago, really. (Giving away my age here!). I think it was my capsule collection that had some small degree of influence on @DorotheaBrooke's capsule approach - which she references in her first post on this thread - tho she, of course, has her own collection of influences.

My capsules are:

White metals:
Casual
Dressy

Rose gold:
Casual
Dressy

Yellow gold:
Casual
Dressy

Pearls.

Christmas collection - yellow gold.

Within each of the three metal capsules, I have:
Ring with gemstone/diamond
Plain metal band
Earrings
Necklace
Bangle and/or bracelet
Pin

I have a casual and dressy version of all the earrings - including the pearl capsule.

Christmas collection is only one of each thing.

Underpinninging Guidelines:

1 ) I started first with the metal I liked the best - yellow gold. I also have the most clothes that match this metal, since it goes best with my overall skin tone. So that was the one I fleshed out first.

2) My second over-arching principle was to do casual first, since I am casual 99% of the time. Casual included 'smart casual' - so all my casual pieces could be worn to the shops...or to work...or to a casual restaurant, for example.

I used these principles because they gave me a wearable collection of pieces that looked good to me - both fastest, and most economically. No point, in my opinion, spending 5k on a lovely necklace - but not wearing it because you have nothing with which it goes.

So if I were you, I'd work out which metal you wear most - and what level of dressing - then work on that collection first. If that means rose gold, then I'd stay with that and make sure I had a working set before moving on to the next metal. Some people mix metals; on the whole, I don't. I *do*, on occasion, mix rose gold and white metals, but I think that's the ONLY metal combo that mixes well - since it's more of a contrast. Mixing rose and yellow gold is, to my eye, particularly non-felicitous, as they're quite close in tone and end up looking like things that are almost the same...but just a bit 'off'. So I never mix those. I also think the closeness in color bleeds the color from each of them, and neither shines. But rose and white, with their contrast, works pretty well together. I do find, tho, that rose goes well with warm or earth tones - and white metals are better for summer and cooler tones, so their ability to work together tends to dissipate when it goes beyond the individual pieces of jewelry and stretches out into what clothes you're wearing, or even which season it is.

And a big caveat....
This approach does not negate buying the occasional piece you adore that goes with nothing else you own, mixing metals, wearing that random ring you inherited from Aunt Milly which you're preeeeetty sure was made with the ashes of her dead, beloved Pekinese, Mitzy, wearing only one earring for a month because your other ear might be infected, deciding that "plastic is a much under-utilized 'metal' in jewelry!", making your own, or sticking a ring-pull onto a twig and calling it a scepter - all of which are behaviors I endorse! Taste is, by definition, personal. If it looks good to your eye - that's valid enough reason to wear it! (Second caveat...) Just be aware, others may not agree with you - which is where a capsule collection becomes particularly useful!

I hope this is of some help.

:wavey:

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hi @Cerulean -

Altho my collection is more wide ranging, I did a capsule approach which I started...well...decades ago, really. (Giving away my age here!). I think it was my capsule collection that had some small degree of influence on @DorotheaBrooke's capsule approach - which she references in her first post on this thread - tho she, of course, has her own collection of influences.

My capsules are:

White metals:
Casual
Dressy

Rose gold:
Casual
Dressy

Yellow gold:
Casual
Dressy

Pearls.

Christmas collection - yellow gold.

Within each of the three metal capsules, I have:
Ring with gemstone/diamond
Plain metal band
Earrings
Necklace
Bangle and/or bracelet
Pin

I have a casual and dressy version of all the earrings - including the pearl capsule.

Christmas collection is only one of each thing.

Underpinninging Guidelines:

1 ) I started first with the metal I liked the best - yellow gold. I also have the most clothes that match this metal, since it goes best with my overall skin tone. So that was the one I fleshed out first.

2) My second over-arching principle was to do casual first, since I am casual 99% of the time. Casual included 'smart casual' - so all my casual pieces could be worn to the shops...or to work...or to a casual restaurant, for example.

I used these principles because they gave me a wearable collection of pieces that looked good to me - both fastest, and most economically. No point, in my opinion, spending 5k on a lovely necklace - but not wearing it because you have nothing with which it goes.

So if I were you, I'd work out which metal you wear most - and what level of dressing - then work on that collection first. If that means rose gold, then I'd stay with that and make sure I had a working set before moving on to the next metal. Some people mix metals; on the whole, I don't. I *do*, on occasion, mix rose gold and white metals, but I think that's the ONLY metal combo that mixes well - since it's more of a contrast. Mixing rose and yellow gold is, to my eye, particularly non-felicitous, as they're quite close in tone and end up looking like things that are almost the same...but just a bit 'off'. So I never mix those. I also think the closeness in color bleeds the color from each of them, and neither shines. But rose and white, with their contrast, works pretty well together. I do find, tho, that rose goes well with warm or earth tones - and white metals are better for summer and cooler tones, so their ability to work together tends to dissipate when it goes beyond the individual pieces of jewelry and stretches out into what clothes you're wearing, or even which season it is.

And a big caveat....
This approach does not negate buying the occasional piece you adore that goes with nothing else you own, mixing metals, wearing that random ring you inherited from Aunt Milly which you're preeeeetty sure was made with the ashes of her dead, beloved Pekinese, Mitzy, wearing only one earring for a month because your other ear might be infected, deciding that "plastic is a much under-utilized 'metal' in jewelry!", making your own, or sticking a ring-pull onto a twig and calling it a scepter - all of which are behaviors I endorse! Taste is, by definition, personal. If it looks good to your eye - that's valid enough reason to wear it! (Second caveat...) Just be aware, others may not agree with you - which is where a capsule collection becomes particularly useful!

I hope this is of some help.

:wavey:

Oh goodness, this was tremendously helpful! Thank you SO much for elucidating your approach to jewelry acquisition! You have a remarkable, robust collection that works so well together.

Your "capsule" items sound very similar to my ideal...now I just need to have the patience to build it up over time! So, I am closest to completion with white metals, but not quite. I also went a little bonkers buying more frou-frou pieces when I first joined the forum, and look back with a tinge of regret as although I love them all - I just don't have many occasions to wear them so now want to be much more thoughtful about my next purchases as I am a tight budget (I can afford 1-3 fine jewelry pieces a year.)

This was very helpful. I do like mixed metals but agree with you wholeheartedly that I find white metals + rose gold the most harmonious.

Thanks again. I was eyeing the Paper Flowers necklace from Tiffany's and will have to decide if I want to deviate from my white metals pursuit and get rose gold and wear it for at least 1-2 years with my platinum studs, or get platinum.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness, this was tremendously helpful! Thank you SO much for elucidating your approach to jewelry acquisition! You have a remarkable, robust collection that works so well together.

Your "capsule" items sound very similar to my ideal...now I just need to have the patience to build it up over time! So, I am closest to completion with white metals, but not quite. I also went a little bonkers buying more frou-frou pieces when I first joined the forum, and look back with a tinge of regret as although I love them all - I just don't have many occasions to wear them so now want to be much more thoughtful about my next purchases as I am a tight budget (I can afford 1-3 fine jewelry pieces a year.)

This was very helpful. I do like mixed metals but agree with you wholeheartedly that I find white metals + rose gold the most harmonious.

Thanks again. I was eyeing the Paper Flowers necklace from Tiffany's and will have to decide if I want to deviate from my white metals pursuit and get rose gold and wear it for at least 1-2 years with my platinum studs, or get platinum.

@Cerulean -

Have you thought about buying the necklace, then asking a jewelry to make you a pair of matching earrings in all rose gold metal ( ie no pave)? Tiffany doesn't make those, so you wouldn't be stealing their design and frankly, I think micro pave on earrings is kind of wasted anyway. Tiffany's necklace and earrings in the paper flowers collection also combines 2 shapes; the pave petals have an indentation at the top and the plain petal doesn't. To delineate it a little more, I would choose ONE of those shapes and make all three petals in that shape; it would look more clover-like (I'd choose the shape without the indentation, as that's a more generic shape and pulls the overall piece further away from the Tiffany design), but it would still go very nicely. You could also do one tiny diamond in the center of the 3 petals. You could also do the indented petal shape - but do 4 petals in plain metal, either with or without a diamond in the center. That also would go very nicely and be further away from the Tiffany design.

These could be made at a fraction of the cost of the Tiffany earrings (I'm guessing around 1k?), and would be within your reach far sooner.

Just a thought on how you might find your way to a wearable set rather faster.

Good luck!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

I think a rose necklace would look great with your platinum studs.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean -

Have you thought about buying the necklace, then asking a jewelry to make you a pair of matching earrings in all rose gold metal ( ie no pave)? Tiffany doesn't make those, so you wouldn't be stealing their design and frankly, I think micro pave on earrings is kind of wasted anyway. Tiffany's necklace and earrings in the paper flowers collection also combines 2 shapes; the pave petals have an indentation at the top and the plain petal doesn't. To delineate it a little more, I would choose ONE of those shapes and make all three petals in that shape; it would look more clover-like (I'd choose the shape without the indentation, as that's a more generic shape and pulls the overall piece further away from the Tiffany design), but it would still go very nicely. You could also do one tiny diamond in the center of the 3 petals. You could also do the indented petal shape - but do 4 petals in plain metal, either with or without a diamond in the center. That also would go very nicely and be further away from the Tiffany design.

These could be made at a fraction of the cost of the Tiffany earrings (I'm guessing around 1k?), and would be within your reach far sooner.

Just a thought on how you might find your way to a wearable set rather faster.

Good luck!

I love this idea, I would definitely go a non-Tiffany route for earrings most likely. I may do something very non-matchy and just stick with the floral motif and rose gold as the connecting point.

Thanks so much for this idea and your sage advice @mrs-b!

Also sorry if I am dominating your thread with my questions and whatnot @DorotheaBrooke!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Cerulean! I love your style, and your avatar. My daughter is really into unicorns right now. I tried to respond yesterday, but there was too much kid chaos. :)

Mrs-B gave wonderful advice already, as usual. I am earlier in my collecting, and like you can only swing one or two new pieces a year, so my capsule collection has focused on pieces that I can wear together on a daily basis. Since my wedding ring is white gold and my anniversary ring is rose gold - and I wear both all the time - I always mix metals. I don't own any yellow gold.

Recently, I've made quite a few changes, weighing my collection more toward rose gold. I sold the platinum DBTY bracelet, the platinum diamond channel band, a long sterling Hermes necklace, and the stainless watch, and replaced them with a two-tone stainless/rose gold watch, rose gold cuff bracelet, and long rose gold pendant. I also embraced the fact that I prefer romantic (often nature-inspired) designs to more standard staple pieces.

Rose gold earrings are next on my list, but I have no problem wearing my white gold earrings with everything for now.

I really need to update this post with pictures of my full collection as it looks now. Here are a few pics of my new pieces, which you may have seen in the Tiffany thread.
I think the rose gold Tiffany Paper Flowers pendant looks beautiful on you and would be a great next choice for your collection!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hi Cerulean! I love your style, and your avatar. My daughter is really into unicorns right now. I tried to respond yesterday, but there was too much kid chaos. :)

Mrs-B gave wonderful advice already, as usual. I am earlier in my collecting, and like you can only swing one or two new pieces a year, so my capsule collection has focused on pieces that I can wear together on a daily basis. Since my wedding ring is white gold and my anniversary ring is rose gold - and I wear both all the time - I always mix metals. I don't own any yellow gold.

Recently, I've made quite a few changes, weighing my collection more toward rose gold. I sold the platinum DBTY bracelet, the platinum diamond channel band, a long sterling Hermes necklace, and the stainless watch, and replaced them with a two-tone stainless/rose gold watch, rose gold cuff bracelet, and long rose gold pendant. I also embraced the fact that I prefer romantic (often nature-inspired) designs to more standard staple pieces.

Rose gold earrings are next on my list, but I have no problem wearing my white gold earrings with everything for now.

I really need to update this post with pictures of my full collection as it looks now. Here are a few pics of my new pieces, which you may have seen in the Tiffany thread.
I think the rose gold Tiffany Paper Flowers pendant looks beautiful on you and would be a great next choice for your collection!

PXL_20211013_134517367.jpg

PXL_20210925_182318091.jpg

PXL_20210902_151122483.MP.jpg

SO pretty. I think you are right about mixing rose gold + white metals safely on a daily basis. I think I am just going to go for it!

My next item after that might be Victoria studs instead of classic diamond studs...like you, I find more creative, organic designs more exciting than a lot of the simpler classics.

I am excited to see what you choose for rose gold earrings, I love your new acquisitions! And I especially love how your two-toned watch ties everything together. I plan to buy a Cartier Trinity ring one day to serve the same purpose. It's very clever and a nice way to incorporate RG on your left arm.

Thanks for weighing in, I really appreciate it. <3

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Saw this and thought of you @Cerulean as an option for a pretty rose gold necklace that is a bit off the beaten path.https://www.fashionphile.com/p/cartier-18k-pink-gold-diamond-entrelaces-necklace-682394

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Saw this and thought of you @Cerulean as an option for a pretty rose gold necklace that is a bit off the beaten path.https://www.fashionphile.com/p/cartier-18k-pink-gold-diamond-entrelaces-necklace-682394

Oh you are so sweet! I do actually really like this - I think though I’ve been smitten by the more “in your face” floral designs recently although this is absolutely lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results