Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Gray Spinel and Diamond Ring + Capsule Jewelry Wardrobe

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Goodness this is a gorgeous collection DorotheaBrooke! Well thought out, well made, and elegant! I just love seeing what you add to your collection. Thank you for the update, and thank you for letting me know about your jewelry box. It might be time I get a proper one.

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely additions, thanks for sharing!

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I not see this before, absolutely gorgeous, and your new pieces are lovely additions to your perfect collection?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely is the perfect word. Everything is just LOVELY. Thank you for sharing! I, too, have been motivated and inspired by @mrs-b to curate a more focused collection. I will share one day when I get closer to that goal :)

How do you find stacking the Tiffany olive leaf band? I tried stacking it was my 0.89ct solitaire, and while I loved how it looked, it kind of didn’t stay put right and would sit wrong if I didn’t always fiddle with it.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@DorotheaBrooke , your jewelry is very, very beautiful. But I want to talk about your user name! I wrote a thesis on George Eliot many moons ago. What inspired you to pick a character from Middlemarch?

DorotheaBrooke

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, all! What a lovely community here.

@pearaffair, I find the olive leaf band very comfortable. I've been wearing them as a stack since I first got the ring almost 6 years ago. At first I was fussy about wanting one of the higher upward leaves directly above the diamond, but I long ago stopped caring. The AVC ring is a bit loose and slips side-to-side often, which I like. The sweater is from Everlane, very comfy!

@alittlelight, a fellow literature lover! Middlemarch is one of my favorite novels and my name is similar to the fictional name. I actually adopted two boy cats last month and named them George and Eliot.

IMG_20200507_190114_528.jpg

@OboeGal, yay for the PS circle of life! =)2

Attachments

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how I love this thread and everything in it @DorotheaBrooke, especially that grey spinel. I'm so glad that this thread re-emerged of its own accord, so I don't feel like a total weirdo going back constantly to ogle your collection :mrgreen:

One2ThreeJewelry

Rough_Rock
Trade
This thread is inspired by the lovely mrs-b, mostly because I bought her DKJ gray spinel, diamond, and platinum ring! I was not planning to buy a new ring now, but could not resist when I saw the listing on the pre-loved forum. I wear this now with my wedding ring, since I recently had my original engagement ring turned into a pendant by Maytal Hannah. This ring already has a SMTB thread, but I could not resist sharing my excitement here.

20181001-DSCF9534.jpg

20181001-DSCF9690.jpg

20181001-DSCF9643.jpg

With my wedding ring:

20181001-DSCF9668.jpg

20181001-DSCF9728.jpg

20181001-DSCF9666.jpg

With my anniversary pendant:

20181001-DSCF9551.jpg

Video in low indoor lighting:

This post is also inspired by mrs-b because her lovely collection has me thinking about creating a jewelry capsule wardrobe, which I already do with my clothes. Currently, I have a small (or I'll say, tightly edited) collection, and I wear almost everything daily. I never take off my wedding ring, anniversary rings, or diamond pendant (except to clean them, of course!). Sometimes I change out my diamond studs for pearl or silver Tiffany earrings, but rarely.

My daily jewelry wardrobe:

20181001-DSCF9609.jpg

My full, small wardrobe - Tiffany pearls, diamond pendant by Maytal Hannah, 1.4 ct O AVC ring by Maytal Hannah, Tiffany olive leaf band, eternity wedding ring, gray spinel ring, .49 ct D BGD bezel studs, David Yurman watch. I also have a silver Hermes Farandole necklace not shown:

20181001-DSCF9755.jpg

Real life perspective:

20181001-DSCF9651.jpg

I plan to continue being very intentional with my jewelry purchases - mostly because I cannot allocate a lot of money to it right now. ;-)On my list are a rose gold bracelet, hoop earrings, platinum diamond bangle, rose gold pendant to stack with my diamond pendant, diamond drop earrings, and a white gold band that I can stack between my spinel ring and wedding band. In no particular order. :razz:

I'd love to hear if others think of their jewelry in this way and/or see pictures!
You have a wonderful collection of jewelry and you have a great taste!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pearaffair Your diamond ring is stunning. I'd love to see more. Does it have a thread here?

@Dandi Ha, thank you!

Oh, how lovely! The delicate leaves are so pretty. Who made the ring?
Oh I should! But I don’t. I feel very ambivalent about it and may sell it! Gah! It’s a 0.89ct E SI1, AGS1. Set in the popular stuller crown mount. I’m ridiculous.

Reactions: AV_

mrs-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I should! But I don’t. I feel very ambivalent about it and may sell it! Gah! It’s a 0.89ct E SI1, AGS1. Set in the popular stuller crown mount. I’m ridiculous.
But if @pearaffair *does* sell it, she's going to let me know FIRST. (Right, pearaffair?! Not kidding here! I'm all over this one!)

elizat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, very pretty additions!

Sometimes I feel like I am paring down what I have and streamlining, but I realize I don't do that. I have a good bit of stuff and much doesn't get worn, but I kind of like the stuff I have.

I wish I could do a streamlined collection like yours.

DorotheaBrooke

Shiny_Rock
Oh, very pretty additions!

Sometimes I feel like I am paring down what I have and streamlining, but I realize I don't do that. I have a good bit of stuff and much doesn't get worn, but I kind of like the stuff I have.

I wish I could do a streamlined collection like yours.
Every piece I've seen from your collection has been beautiful!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.