carat
color
clarity

Gray Spinel and Diamond Ring + Capsule Jewelry Wardrobe

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, that rose gold is gorgeous! Reminds me of these Cartier orchid earrings I've been lusting after. https://www.fashionphile.com/p/cart...aresse-dorchidees-par-cartier-earrings-852282

And @adlgel, that Cartier necklace is so beautiful, too.

I need more spending money! @Cerulean, I'm living vicariously through your next purchase. :lol:

Be still my heart. These are GORGEOUS!

Oh my!

We will have to live vicariously through one another as we stagger purchases! :lol:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The spinel ring looks beautiful on you and what great pics you take! I love your capsule collection but the more I am on this site, somehow, my capsule collection keeps growing. LOL! But seriously, I definitely have my staple items but I wear my jewels like a wardrobe. If I am at work, my jewels are very simple, in fact, I don't wear hardly any because of the type of work I do. But when I go out, I have a hard time deciding what jewelry to wear versus what clothes to wear. I guess it is not a bad problem to have. LOL!!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
My jewelry wardrobe has changed quite a bit, so I figured it's time to update this thread. I sold some pieces and bought some pieces, focusing more on rose gold.

My newest piece is this Brian Gavin diamond solitaire pendant (.82 ct D VVS2, lab-made). This is the Barbara Martini pendant with white gold setting and rose gold chain. I plan to wear it as a layering piece with everything.

PXL_20220407_213536077.jpg

I also bought this pinkish-white Akoya pearl set, studs and a strand, 8.5-9mm, gem quality from Takayashi.

DSCF2474.JPG

DSCF2435.JPG

For my 40th birthday I bought myself this Cartier Tank watch, two-tone rose gold with mother-of-pearl dial.

PXL_20220407_215045743.jpg

I also now have this Tiffany Infinity bangle in rose gold.

PXL_20220407_215110590.jpg

White gold/platinum pieces.

PXL_20220407_215010535.jpg

All together.

PXL_20220407_214617467 (1).jpg

I have a long list of other pieces that I want to add over the years, no rush. I'm also open to idea suggestions. :)

Attachments

• PXL_20220407_215014019.jpg
    PXL_20220407_215014019.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 16

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous collection! I’d love to hear the stuff that’s still on the list?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DorotheaBrooke -

Your collection is looking LOVELY. There's some real quality there. Can I ask where your eternity came from? Have I seen it before? When you wear white metal, do you wear it as a stand alone? Were it me - and please understand, this is just my taste, not necessarily anyone else's - I'd amp that piece up a bit and make a somewhat more substantial eternity. Or perhaps do a 7 stone ring of a good size - in either case, so it's a stand alone ring. I'd also be looking for more shapely prongs; the rest of your pieces are so beautifully set. That would be a wonderful addition and unlike anything else you already have.

I know diamond bracelets don't work for you, so a platinum bangle would be a lovely addition. Also, with your coloring, pink, green and blue gemstones would all be fabulous. Do you wear jewelry on your right hand? Something with pink spinel perhaps? I love emeralds - but they're tricky and don't wear well, and I know you like to wear your pieces, rather than leave them in a box. I have to say, tho, when you're kid free at home, an emerald and diamond three stone would look KILLER on you - totally your look. RHR, anyone? :mrgreen:

Anyway, I LOVE what you have so far and you have a lot of options at this point. Super elegant. And that e-ring continues to be one of the more elegant, classy and hands down beautiful rings on PS.

Nice job!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
@diamondyes, @mrs-b

Next on my list is a rose gold pendant to layer with my new diamond pendant and a pair of rose gold earrings. I have my eye on Van Cleef but I need to visit a store to try the pieces on first. Also a pair of (lab) diamond earrings, maybe haloed.

I love the idea of a bangle, but I'm worried about discomfort. I can wear my Tiffany cuff only layered with my watch, otherwise it's very uncomfortable going back and forth over my prominent wrist bone all day. I don't know if this is a common problem for people or if I am particularly sensitive, but a sturdy link bracelet may be better.

I'm considering a substantial band or a solitaire diamond ring for my 20 year anniversary in two years. The eternity ring is my original wedding band, and I wear my rose gold bezel ring (a 10 year anniversary gift) on my right hand. If I decide on a solitaire, I'll probably replace my current AVC ring with a bigger and whiter AVC in a similar bezel setting to wear on my left hand, though I also love the idea of a haloed AVR. Or I could keep my ring and go for a more substantial eternity band, as suggested. I'm already thinking about this now because it will take me two years to decide!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always loved your collection and sense of style @DorotheaBrooke. Even as new pieces come and go, your collection just goes from strength to strength and gets more beautiful and well collaborated. That new pendant is spectacular!! :kiss2:

I think a big, juicy white AVC in rose gold to wear next to your gorgeous wedding band, would be amazing. Or a big hunky eternity band as your e-ring, next to a plain rose gold wedder? Swoooooon.

(I'm having the time of my life over here mentally spending your bling fund :lol-2:)

I know what ever you choose will be gorgeous and classic!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
This collection ranks as Top Ten of All Time. absolutely legendary. I re-read this whole thread for inspiration constantly! Please never stop.

You are so kind! Your unique and romantic collection is an inspiration to me!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Here I am wearing everything but the pearls, which is my daily "look" unless I'm going to the office (pearls usually look great with my work clothes).

PXL_20220411_153346310.jpg

A few thoughts:

-I'm really liking the pendants layered. I'm glad I went for a white gold mounting with a rose gold chain to get the floating diamond look, a la @LLJsmom. The solitaire outshines my pave pendant - it's so bright! - but I think the sparkliness of the pave holds it own. I plan to either shorten the solitaire or lengthen the pave pendant and get a bright and shiny white gold chain instead of the platinum, which looks quite dull next to the new chain.

-I bought the Tiffany cuff to wear on my right wrist with my rose gold rings. Unfortunately, I've learned that I can wear it only on my left wrist stacked with my watch, otherwise the cuff is very uncomfortable bumping over my prominent wrist bone all day. While the combo is pretty, I like the simplicity of the Tank by itself. I love the Infinity bangle, it's so beautiful, but I'm wondering if I should sell it and instead buy this bracelet I tried on at Van Cleef four years ago (sweet Alhambra six-motif in rose gold). This should be sturdy enough for daily life but delicate enough to be comfortable on my right wrist.
IMG_20181015_134218.jpg

-I enjoy my mini Frivole earrnings as a subtle daily choice in place of studs (I used to have small diamond studs but much prefer these little flowers), but lately I'm wondering if I should go for the small Frivoles instead. They are very expensive (for me) but if I sold the minis, I would be half-way there with the funds. Or should I go for diamond cluster or halo earrings instead? Or stay with the subtle minis? Either way, this would be a next year project.

1649690220230.png

-Finally, some inspiration I'm considering for my 20-year anniversary ring. I would wear this on my left hand and it would replace my current ring.

@Gem_rocks' gorgeous 2.5 AVC, except in a rose gold bezel:
1649693171546.png

Kind of like @bright ice's amazing ring, but about 1/3 of the size!
1649693238688.png

Okay, those are my jewelry ramblings for today. I appreciate your ideas and thoughts!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
I'm finding it very helpful to organize my thoughts here, so I'm basically thinking out loud now. After re-reading through this thread and @mrs-b's advice in particular, I've decided to focus on building two separate capsules - white gold and rose gold - instead of trying to make everything work together. I will need only a few more pieces to make this happen (but of course they are $$$ so it will take a little while).

Okay, here is my plan as of today:

White Gold/Platinum Set

The pieces I have now

PXL_20220414_160321978.jpg

Plus 20 year anniversary ring in two years (I've always loved this 2ct AVR with halo by Maytal. I would definitely use a lab AVR for my ring.)

1649952937479.png

Plus automatic stainless watch with diamond dial (I love the Omega Ladymatic)

1649951440149.png

Plus fun right hand ring eventually (VCA Frivole, for example, to match my earrings)
1649953676905.png
Rose Gold Set

The pieces I have now

PXL_20220414_163946597.jpg

Plus fun right hand ring (Cartier Orchid, for example)

1649952534411.png

Plus maybe reset my solitaire pendant into something like this but with smaller outer stones (Briony Raymond Posey).

1649955206668.png

Bonus: Pearls - done!

PXL_20220414_164258851.jpg

I'm giving up on bracelets - at least for now - due to comfort and lifestyle issues. Save a lot of funds, too.

Once I have these two complete sets, I will be a very happy Pricescoper. Then any extra pieces will be pure fun. :)

As always, I'm happy to hear others' thoughts!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm finding it very helpful to organize my thoughts here, so I'm basically thinking out loud now. After re-reading through this thread and @mrs-b's advice in particular, I've decided to focus on building two separate capsules - white gold and rose gold - instead of trying to make everything work together. I will need only a few more pieces to make this happen (but of course they are $$$ so it will take a little while).

Okay, here is my plan as of today:

White Gold/Platinum Set

The pieces I have now

PXL_20220414_160321978.jpg

Plus 20 year anniversary ring in two years (I've always loved this 2ct AVR with halo by Maytal. I would definitely use a lab AVR for my ring.)

1649952937479.png

Plus automatic stainless watch with diamond dial (I love the Omega Ladymatic)

1649951440149.png

Plus fun right hand ring eventually (VCA Frivole, for example, to match my earrings)
1649953676905.png
Rose Gold Set

The pieces I have now

PXL_20220414_163946597.jpg

Plus fun right hand ring (Cartier Orchid, for example)

1649952534411.png

Plus maybe reset my solitaire pendant into something like this but with smaller outer stones (Briony Raymond Posey).

1649955206668.png

Bonus: Pearls - done!

PXL_20220414_164258851.jpg

I'm giving up on bracelets - at least for now - due to comfort and lifestyle issues. Save a lot of funds, too.

Once I have these two complete sets, I will be a very happy Pricescoper. Then any extra pieces will be pure fun. :)

As always, I'm happy to hear others' thoughts!

@DorotheaBrooke -

I see you've left the rose gold cuff and the long rose gold necklace out of your collection photos. What's your thinking on those at this point?

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
@DorotheaBrooke -

I see you've left the rose gold cuff and the long rose gold necklace out of your collection photos. What's your thinking on those at this point?

I sold the long rose gold necklace. It kept getting in my way and just did not work with my lifestyle. Yesterday I listed the rose gold cuff for sale. Sadly, I learned that wearing a cuff/bangle hurts my (very prominent) wrist bone over time. Expensive mistakes!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a great strategy to make a big impact with colour! Rose gold will always be my favorite but the white gold/platinum are so classic and timeless. Absolutely tasteful and elegant, either way. I can't wait to see your collection expand!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
You know, I have been seriously considering the sweet six motif in rose gold to stack with my rose gold DBTY bracelet that I wear 24/7. I feel like it would be so comfortable, but not sure if it’s enough “presence” for the cost compared to some other VCA. I wish they had more rose gold bracelet options. Good luck with your jewelry refresh! I love your style!!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
You know, I have been seriously considering the sweet six motif in rose gold to stack with my rose gold DBTY bracelet that I wear 24/7. I feel like it would be so comfortable, but not sure if it’s enough “presence” for the cost compared to some other VCA. I wish they had more rose gold bracelet options. Good luck with your jewelry refresh! I love your style!!

Yes, the six motif sweet is so pretty! I think the sparkliness gives it good presence and the price is not so bad (in VCA land) compared to how much a single motif sweet costs. It would look lovely layered with a rose gold dbty! Let me know if you get it. :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you ever wear your AVC with your wedding band? I love the look of a WG eternity with a contrasting gold solitaire! Or do the diamonds in the soli setting not allow for that?

I just can't wait to see what you add to your collection next!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooooo... I couldn't help but notice the gray spinel (formerly @mrs-b's) is MIA. Did you sell it?? 8)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@msop04 - she did. Back to me! But I dismantled it and am planning to reset it with 2 lovely small, blood red spinel cushions I have - one on each side. I want to halo each of the 3 stones in a very narrow diamond halo, then set the whole thing in rose gold.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@msop04 - she did. Back to me! But I dismantled it and am planning to reset it with 2 lovely small, blood red spinel cushions I have - one on each side. I want to halo each of the 3 stones in a very narrow diamond halo, then set the whole thing in rose gold.

Damn it!! I was hoping that stone was for sale! LOL Oh well... I'm broke anyway, so I guess it's for the best! :lol:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Do you ever wear your AVC with your wedding band? I love the look of a WG eternity with a contrasting gold solitaire! Or do the diamonds in the soli setting not allow for that?

I just can't wait to see what you add to your collection next!

You know, I've tried wearing my AVC and wedding band on the same finger. I think they both look worse together, since the AVC is so big and warm and the eternity stones are so white and tiny. Just doesn't work, unfortunately.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooo... I couldn't help but notice the gray spinel (formerly @mrs-b's) is MIA. Did you sell it?? 8)

Ha, yes, as @mrs-b said, I listed it for sale here and she bought it. That ring got more compliments than any other piece, by far! I sold it only because I felt it was too much (for me) to wear a substantial ring on both hands at the same time. Funny, I was just thinking that that ring would be perfect with my white gold/platinum capsule now, though! But eventually I do want a big white diamond ring for my 20 year anniversary, so it's all for the best. I do miss that spinel ring, though!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Still reading this thread over and over. The rose & white metals together are so fresh!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results