shape
carat
color
clarity

Gray Spinel and Diamond Ring + Capsule Jewelry Wardrobe

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Goodness this is a gorgeous collection DorotheaBrooke! Well thought out, well made, and elegant! I just love seeing what you add to your collection. Thank you for the update, and thank you for letting me know about your jewelry box. It might be time I get a proper one.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, @mrs-b, @Alex T, and @OdetteOdile. I sold my perfect little AVR ring to buy the spinel ring. I couldn't justify having both. The AVR was lovely, but no regrets.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely additions, thanks for sharing!

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I not see this before, absolutely gorgeous, and your new pieces are lovely additions to your perfect collection?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely is the perfect word. Everything is just LOVELY. Thank you for sharing! I, too, have been motivated and inspired by @mrs-b to curate a more focused collection. I will share one day when I get closer to that goal :)

How do you find stacking the Tiffany olive leaf band? I tried stacking it was my 0.89ct solitaire, and while I loved how it looked, it kind of didn’t stay put right and would sit wrong if I didn’t always fiddle with it.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@DorotheaBrooke , your jewelry is very, very beautiful. But I want to talk about your user name! I wrote a thesis on George Eliot many moons ago. What inspired you to pick a character from Middlemarch?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DorotheaBrooke I even love your sweater. Classy lady!!
And your pendant is out of this world beautiful.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, all! What a lovely community here.

@pearaffair, I find the olive leaf band very comfortable. I've been wearing them as a stack since I first got the ring almost 6 years ago. At first I was fussy about wanting one of the higher upward leaves directly above the diamond, but I long ago stopped caring. The AVC ring is a bit loose and slips side-to-side often, which I like. The sweater is from Everlane, very comfy!

@alittlelight, a fellow literature lover! Middlemarch is one of my favorite novels and my name is similar to the fictional name. I actually adopted two boy cats last month and named them George and Eliot.

IMG_20200507_190114_528.jpg

@OboeGal, yay for the PS circle of life! =)2

Attachments

• IMG_20200507_190114_528.jpg
    IMG_20200507_190114_528.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 28

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how I love this thread and everything in it @DorotheaBrooke, especially that grey spinel. I'm so glad that this thread re-emerged of its own accord, so I don't feel like a total weirdo going back constantly to ogle your collection :mrgreen:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pearaffair Your diamond ring is stunning. I'd love to see more. Does it have a thread here?

@Dandi Ha, thank you!

Oh, how lovely! The delicate leaves are so pretty. Who made the ring?

Oh I should! But I don’t. I feel very ambivalent about it and may sell it! Gah! It’s a 0.89ct E SI1, AGS1. Set in the popular stuller crown mount. I’m ridiculous.

Reactions: AV_

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I should! But I don’t. I feel very ambivalent about it and may sell it! Gah! It’s a 0.89ct E SI1, AGS1. Set in the popular stuller crown mount. I’m ridiculous.

But if @pearaffair *does* sell it, she's going to let me know FIRST. (Right, pearaffair?! Not kidding here! I'm all over this one!)

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Oh, very pretty additions!

Sometimes I feel like I am paring down what I have and streamlining, but I realize I don't do that. I have a good bit of stuff and much doesn't get worn, but I kind of like the stuff I have.

I wish I could do a streamlined collection like yours.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, very pretty additions!

Sometimes I feel like I am paring down what I have and streamlining, but I realize I don't do that. I have a good bit of stuff and much doesn't get worn, but I kind of like the stuff I have.

I wish I could do a streamlined collection like yours.

Every piece I've seen from your collection has been beautiful!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Hello again! I'm buying my next piece (sold the BGD studs) and I'd love some input on my options, if anyone sees this. I'd like an everyday bracelet that I could wear on its own or occasionally with my watch.

20181001-DSCF9651.jpg

Option1. Tiffany Olive Leaf Diamond bracelet in white gold (I found one pre-owned, so this would be the least expensive choice). My worry is that the motif would flip constantly, showing the non-diamond side. I tried it on while visiting NYC a couple of years ago, see below.

Tiffany Olive Leaf Close.jpg

Tiffany Olive Leaf Bracelet.jpg

Option 2. Whiteflash DBTY-style bracelet in platinum, either (a) 5 x .10 or (b) 5 x .15. This seems like a perfectly elegant and timeless piece. My worry is that I owned and sold a DBTY-style solitaire necklace and studs in favor of my Maytal pendant and VCA earrings, so maybe the style isn't for me. But the bracelet seems different... Option 2.b is at the top of my budget.

Below is the lovely @m-2-b with her amazing ring and lovely bracelet, which I believe @diamondseeker2006 now has.

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 3.37.50 PM.png

elizat

Ideal_Rock
The olive leaf is beautiful. Do they make an olive leaf cuff? That will not flip. That does look prone to flipping.

I think that's a much more interesting choice as compared to dbty, which will also flip.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly love them both. My concern with the olive leaf would be the flipping, as well as the design ending up on the bottom of your wrist instead of the top. I wear a dbty bracelet as my daily bracelet and I love it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I LOVE the Tiffany olive leaf line and think that bracelet is pretty, I think a simple DBTY bracelet would be so classic and complement your collection so well! I find the DBTY bracelet SO much more wearable than a full tennis bracelet. But if the olive leaf bracelet is a bargain, I might get both!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
The olive leaf is beautiful. Do they make an olive leaf cuff? That will not flip. That does look prone to flipping.

I think that's a much more interesting choice as compared to dbty, which will also flip.

Good point about a cuff not flipping. The only white gold olive leaf cuff listed is this bad boy for $13,500. I wish! From what I've read (basically every DBTY bracelet thread on here) the consensus is that the DBTY looks nice even when the diamonds flip. Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 5.17.34 PM.png

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
While I LOVE the Tiffany olive leaf line and think that bracelet is pretty, I think a simple DBTY bracelet would be so classic and complement your collection so well! I find the DBTY bracelet SO much more wearable than a full tennis bracelet. But if the olive leaf bracelet is a bargain, I might get both!

Yes, I ruled out a tennis bracelet because I feel it would be too much for my lifestyle and community. The DBTY seems like a nice way to bring in some understated shine. Do you think the 5 x .10 would be too understated? I love the .15 like yours, but the price difference is something I'm considering.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Good point about a cuff not flipping. The only white gold olive leaf cuff listed is this bad boy for $13,500. I wish! From what I've read (basically every DBTY bracelet thread on here) the consensus is that the DBTY looks nice even when the diamonds flip. Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 5.17.34 PM.png

I know it probably sounds terrible but what do you think about buying the Tiffany bracelet and having a very good bench at a very slim cuff to it?

I know it impacts the Tiffany value, because you're changing it, but if you really like the olive leaf it would not be terribly expensive to get the look of that and make it not flip.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly love them both. My concern with the olive leaf would be the flipping, as well as the design ending up on the bottom of your wrist instead of the top. I wear a dbty bracelet as my daily bracelet and I love it.

Oh, I hadn't even thought about the olive leaf ending up on the bottom of my wrist. I would hate that! Would you mind sharing the size of your DBTY?

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
I know it probably sounds terrible but what do you think about buying the Tiffany bracelet and having a very good bench at a very slim cuff to it?

I know it impacts the Tiffany value, because you're changing it, but if you really like the olive leaf it would not be terribly expensive to get the look of that and make it not flip.

I'm not against changing the Tiffany piece, especially since it's secondhand, but I may be a bit too lazy for a project right now. Also, I've never worn a bracelet regularly, so I was thinking of sticking with a chain style as the most comfortable.

Of course! I have 7 stations of 14 pointers. E20FFD33-2724-48ED-9FDF-48556BAACABA.jpeg

Lovely! Thank you. Helpful to see that the .14 is plenty big and noticeable.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not against changing the Tiffany piece, especially since it's secondhand, but I may be a bit too lazy for a project right now. Also, I've never worn a bracelet regularly, so I was thinking of sticking with a chain style as the most comfortable.

Lovely! Thank you. Helpful to see that the .14 is plenty big and noticeable.

Thank you! I also wanted to mention that my wrist is about 6 inches, and the bracelet is 6.5 inches. I am very happy with that length. I think 5 or 6 stations of 10 pointers would be very lovely. And since I love your collection, I will add that I think a dbty bracelet would be an excellent addition to your collection.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually think the DBTY is better because you already have the VCA Frivole earrings and your pendant that are floral, plus the olive leaf band. So in that respect, I think that a classic, neutral piece would be best. I will say that I recommend 6-7 diamond stations on a DBTY bracelet, though. The one I have and love has 6, but I think @OdetteOdile 's is wonderful with 7 bezels.

m1918

Shiny_Rock
I think if it’s something you plan to wear with your watch then a cuff bracelet makes more sense. I used to wear a David Yurman bracelet with my watch and I thought it paired nicely. Anytime I wore a regular bracelet with my watch I felt like the bracelet just slipped into my watch and looked messy...but that could also be because I like my bracelets looser.

With that said, I do think the DBTY bracelet is lovely and definitely a staple so you can’t go wrong there!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results