shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my upgrade!!

Novicenovice

Rough_Rock
Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and easy Black Friday.
Thank you all so much for your help on my previous posts. With your help I picked a stone!
I got my upgrade today in the mail and here she is.

t 29949AEF-7368-49A5-92F6-762C206D5E6F.jpeg 1017D689-9C09-4DB9-87A6-9ACEC513B332.jpeg 19F20F10-513E-4C96-AC27-34337EC2CA39.jpeg 2775FD13-FD79-455A-AAEA-9BB947E94EDB.jpeg

9D7A20F1-22E0-4AA2-B0CC-9061392985E8.jpeg 6D4806B6-D047-4908-AF90-D897F1B151C2.jpeg 499648D4-74C5-4B82-B39A-C076BB8E5D3A.jpeg 77B0127C-2B1F-45B1-BB50-B63F200CABFA.jpeg 8B0C4CF0-3DCF-4E77-8566-55ABCCEEC3A7.jpeg

Please excuse my swollen fingers lol.
its an I VS2 that said additional clouds not shown.

I love the diamond. Sparkles beautifully. Buttttt I can’t help but feel it faces up very white in natural light. Every other light it’s gorgeous. Anyway, Is that normal? You can tell what I mean in two of the pics. I’m just not sure what’s normal and not as I haven’t seen too many diamonds
I was between this stone and another one that didn’t mention clouds and claimed hearts and arrows. Is the whiteness the clouds? When it’s surrounded by dark things it shows more contrast. (Looks perfect inside the dryer, fridge, behind a black blanket lol. I really tested it)
Special thanks to @sledge @KKJohnson :) do you guys think the hearts and arrows would have not faced up as white or been better? I just want to know I made the right choice after seeing this one:)

Attachments

• 3482DCD9-7044-4113-B962-7C12BCB2CD48.jpeg
    3482DCD9-7044-4113-B962-7C12BCB2CD48.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's beautiful in all lighting! The size & proportions on you are lovely!

L

lydial

Your first 4 pictures capture the diamond the best. There is no significant leakage (darkness under the table) and well cut diamonds look dark in direct sunlight (pics 3/5). To capture rainbows and color reflection you generally need a really clean stone and optimal lighting. The best is under a tree mid morning with scattered clouds. My diamond always looks extra pretty in CVS!

L

lydial

Also white light return is aka brightness which is coveted by many and is common in spreader stones (mine included, even though it is a super ideal CBI it is a little more on the spready side so very bright which fools the eye since it is a K color, sometimes mine looks like silver or mercury). Most PSers want a balance of brightness and fire. It is probably not the clouds making it reflect white light it is the cut. Clouds would make it look murky. VS clouds should not be visible. As long as you see scintillating reflections and fire when you look at it under different lights that is normal. It would be a great idea to take it to the mall and on an outdoor walk and look at it in different lighting. If all you see is white all the time you may bore of it, but I doubt it considering the way it photographs. If it bores you or you do not like it are you in the return window? Now would be a good time to decide...

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks lovely and is a perfect size on your hand. As Lydial said, diamonds look different in different lighting environments. Do you love it in most environments? I think it looks great in all your pics and can definitely see contrast in some of them. If it’s any help, I’d live with my hand in the fridge or permanently stand under shady trees if I wanted my stone to always look good so don’t worry that you’re the only one who prefers her stone more at some times than others!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, @Novicenovice! Can you tell us the size of your new stone, who you got it from and a little about the setting? And be sure you include your finger size so other people can work out how the same size diamond would look on their finger.

Lovely ring - congratulations!

Novicenovice

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your kind words! I definitely love it, just want to make sure this one was a better choice vs the other one I had in mind since this will be my only upgrade. (James Allen makes you double your upgrade price and no way I can do that again ha). I was originally torn between this one and a 1.85 I SI1 "True Hearts" cut from JA without any mention of clouds in the report. This one was $200 cheaper and I wanted a bigger spread.

This one had a mention of additional clouds in the report. Is that a reason why it shows up white? Would a "True Hearts" have been a better choice and not shown up white in regular natural room light? I love this diamond in every other lighting and when it's surrounded by dark surroundings (get more contrast). It's just when it shows up white I dont know how i feel, mainly because I don't know if that is normal.

It's a 1.9 I VS2 from JA (Part of my upgrade) with 8mm length and it's resized to an 8. I've got pregnant swollen fingers so it's still tight.

For fun
Depth 61.6
Table 55%
Crown Angle 34.5%
Pavilion Angle 40.8%

It had an HCA score of 1.2 i believe. No fluorescence, Triple Excellent GIA. Additional clouds, pinpoints and surface graining not shown.

L

lydial

Cloudy inclusions look murky or dull. Not necessarily white. A VS stone with unplotted clouds that are not grade setting should not look milky or murky. White light return is called brightness. It is cut related. It could be that the 1.85 has a subtly more fiery cut style (I noticed there were some subtle angle differences in the 2 stones on your prior thread). But you may not be able to notice it, or it could be worse (and smaller).

Enjoy your ring!! If you do not enjoy it be honest with yourself. I wish you peace and happiness!

Novicenovice

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much @lydial . I thought about what you said and being honest with myself. I find myself constantly staring at it and wishing it were just a tad bit larger. I can appreciate a small difference. It's beautiful though, without the help I was offered here I wouldn't have been able to find such a beautiful stone. I am still within the return window and have my options open, just in case.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Congratulations!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @lydial . I thought about what you said and being honest with myself. I find myself constantly staring at it and wishing it were just a tad bit larger. I can appreciate a small difference. It's beautiful though, without the help I was offered here I wouldn't have been able to find such a beautiful stone. I am still within the return window and have my options open, just in case.

What is the diamond doing that you don't like? From the photos is is a beautiful stone but if you are having doubts then lets address them since you can still return.

Is it not white enough? Does it not give the rainbow flashes? We know you want bigger but that's going to require more $$, I know you said you didn't really have a budget but I think you wanted to stick to 13-15k?

Novicenovice

Rough_Rock
What is the diamond doing that you don't like? From the photos is is a beautiful stone but if you are having doubts then lets address them since you can still return.

Is it not white enough? Does it not give the rainbow flashes? We know you want bigger but that's going to require more $$, I know you said you didn't really have a budget but I think you wanted to stick to 13-15k?

Color doesn’t bother me too much, I can see the color but it’s okay.
It’s the size.

I’m flexing my budget up :silenced: and the diamond I’m looking at is $17,900. Big price jump. It’s the fact it’ll be my only upgrade with their rigid policy. I don’t know if it’s pregnancy hormones, me being picky...
Of course when I look at it I can see microscopic spots, I can see a cloud. Doesn’t bother me since i know I have to sacrifice somewhere . I have dentist eyes so the tiniest details Or change I can appreciate (hence the .4 mm size up is big for me) When I look far away I love this stone. Performs beauuuuutifully.
I think it’s a last minute worry and a grass is greener issue?
If the other stone is good I’ll change it and if not I’d happily stick with this and maybe change the setting and add a halo? (I do love the solitaires though) :kiss2: and instead get a big anniversary three row anniversary ring from idj?
Is this just an “omg my life is about to change crisis”? :lol: I don’t know!

Last edited:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Color doesn’t bother me too much, I can see the color but it’s okay.
It’s the size.

I’m flexing my budget up :silenced: and the diamond I’m looking at is $17,900. Big price jump. It’s the fact it’ll be my only upgrade with their rigid policy. I don’t know if it’s pregnancy hormones, me being picky...
Of course when I look at it I can see microscopic spots, I can see a cloud. Doesn’t bother me since i know I have to sacrifice somewhere . I have dentist eyes so the tiniest details Or change I can appreciate (hence the .4 mm size up is big for me) When I look far away I love this stone. Performs beauuuuutifully.
I think it’s a last minute worry and a grass is greener issue?
If the other stone is good I’ll change it and if not I’d happily stick with this and maybe change the setting and add a halo? (I do love the solitaires though) :kiss2: and instead get a big anniversary three row anniversary ring from idj?
Is this just an “omg my life is about to change crisis”? :lol: I don’t know!

I have a stone stone so I might be a bit bias to them lol

What stone are you looking at?

Found this one

Novicenovice

Rough_Rock
I have a stone stone so I might be a bit bias to them lol

What stone are you looking at?

Found this one

:lol:Forgive me, still new hahahahaha!

this one

L

lydial

Do you have the certs to share?

Novicenovice

Rough_Rock
Yes! @lydial I wasn’t sure if I should post here so I created a new thread but these are the certs!
55162439-90C5-4638-8536-4A97ECB24C34.jpeg FFB546BC-9754-40EC-B6B5-1C7CFFF61AF8.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results