shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my gf the ring- - lucida ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, Mara, you''re on. . . what pretties do you have to put on Portia? She didn''t look like she was lovin'' the sapphire!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 2:12:09 PM
Author: Shawna13
I don''t know.... this is the Show me the Ring forum. If there was a ring... it would be shown. And just to prove all us ''nasty ladies'' wrong... I''m sure he''d be posting a pic of the rock for us. Come on now.... what man doesn''t want to hear a woman say ''I was wrong''??!!! hahaha
face23.gif

There was a PSer who posted her engagement ring (1.98ct, E, VVS1 or something) in a collage of black and white pictures. Who takes black and white pictures of such a ring?? It looked strangely exactly like my $10 replica from the mall... exactly! I called her on this, and strangely enough she hasn''t posted anything since.

You can be proud of your jewellery.. be it a 0.05 center stone diamond solitaire, to a 5ct center diamond, to a beautiful setting with a sparkly CZ in it.... it''s all beautiful cause it means something to you. Maybe some people feel the need to exaggerate if they''re posting on this site to ''look good''. Who knows!
I want to see......was where''s the link? It wasn''t who I think it was was it? I thought her ring looked really unique, and not like standard mall replicas.....NAME THAT SUSPECT!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2006 2:49:51 PM
Author: aljdewey

I''ll flat out confess I don''t believe the reason we aren''t seeing pictures is because we hurt his feeling. I don''t believe we were gonna see pictures period, and you know why. However, I''d love to be proven wrong, and I''ll be more than happy to join the believers if and when I see something that trumps my otherwise sound instincts.
2.gif

I''d rather be skeptical than gullible.
LOL....Alj wrong???
6.gif
38.gif
that would be against the "basic rules". it''s written on "the bill of RIGHTS" it said...Alj is never WRONG.
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 8:20:09 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

I''ll flat out confess I don''t believe the reason we aren''t seeing pictures is because we hurt his feeling. I don''t believe we were gonna see pictures period, and you know why. However, I''d love to be proven wrong, and I''ll be more than happy to join the believers if and when I see something that trumps my otherwise sound instincts.
2.gif

LOL....Alj wrong???
6.gif
38.gif
that would be against the ''basic rules''. it''s written on ''the bill of RIGHTS'' it said...Alj is never WRONG.
9.gif
DF, I''ve decided I need you to be my campaign manager. You know how to give great press! LOL

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2006 8:59:29 PM

2.gif

LOL....Alj wrong???
6.gif
38.gif
that would be against the ''basic rules''. it''s written on ''the bill of RIGHTS'' it said...Alj is never WRONG.
9.gif
DF, I''ve decided I need you to be my campaign manager. You know how to give great press! LOL
Alj
believe me,if John Kerry learn to debate like you,he would of been our president.nobody beats Alj when it comes to a debate.
9.gif
well.....except David. he got lucky and caught you on a off day.
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 9:36:51 PM

Date: 2/17/2006 8:59:29 PM

2.gif

LOL....Alj wrong???
6.gif
38.gif
9.gif
Alj
believe me,if John Kerry learn to debate like you,he would of been our president.nobody beats Alj when it comes to a debate.
9.gif
well.....except David. he got lucky and caught you on a off day.
31.gif
I remember that Al must have been having a bad day. She can argue her point like no one else and I love that. Al for President!!!
9.gif

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 6:12:11 PM
Date: 2/17/2006 3:34:40 AM

Author: Kaleidoscopic

Hey guys I hate to dissapoint you, but I am starting to doubt that there will be pics of this Lucida in our near future.
39.gif

I know mb was pretty upset when he wrote to me after all the posts on this forum. I told him to understand some of the PS member's skepticism, especially since there was some deceptive pictures that were posted (including the fake 5ct EC ring). Anyway, that was the last I herd form him.
15.gif
it took you this long to realize it ain't gonna happen?
9.gif
41.gif

Hey Dancing Fire, don't mistake my politeness for being naive!
38.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps this is a regular PS''er playing a joke?

I can''t believe how many times I''ve checked this thread wondering if we''re ever going to see pics lol

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2006 1:05:43 AM

Date: 2/17/2006 6:12:11 PM

Date: 2/17/2006 3:34:40 AM

Hey guys I hate to dissapoint you, but I am starting to doubt that there will be pics of this Lucida in our near future.
39.gif

I know mb was pretty upset when he wrote to me after all the posts on this forum. I told him to understand some of the PS member''s skepticism, especially since there was some deceptive pictures that were posted (including the fake 5ct EC ring). Anyway, that was the last I herd form him.
15.gif
it took you this long to realize it ain''t gonna happen?
9.gif
41.gif

Hey Dancing Fire, don''t mistake my politeness for being naive!
38.gif
tough question
20.gif
so....which is it ?

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire, I'm a little puzzled by your response; I wasn't asking you a question.
20.gif
Perhaps it would be helpful to re-read my last post again to anwer your question b/c I think the answer is pretty clear.

mb

Rough_Rock
I am quite appalled by some of the responses of the forum members. For not knowing a person''s financial background, some of you are pretty darn quick to form such rash conclusions.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2006 3:07:47 AM
Author: mb
I am quite appalled by some of the responses of the forum members. For not knowing a person''s financial background, some of you are pretty darn quick to form such rash conclusions.
I don''t think anyone on here intended to be rude, but you did say in your first post that you had a tight budget of $2500-$3000. To buy a 2+ carat Lucida you need a lot more money than that, and we all know that. Unless you hit the lottery or something of that nature, how could your budget jump up that much? That''s what we''re all wondering. Furthermore, you posted in the Show Me the Ring forum and didn''t post any pictures. That further makes all of us think that you didn''t actually buy this ring. This isn''t intended to be a personal attack on you at all, just questions for you.

So do you have any pictures to post?!?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
34.gif

... and clearly, no one around these parts can conceive that any guy or girl might possibly want to spend less than (at least) the maximum they afford on a diamond!

31.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2006 7:18:57 AM
Author: valeria101

34.gif

... and clearly, no one around these parts can conceive that any guy or girl might possibly want to spend less than (at least) the maximum they afford on a diamond!

31.gif
I think the issue is that the budget jump was so enormous. I can see going from a $3,000 budget to a $10,000 budget, but to jump up to a $50,000 budget seems unbelieveable. Certainly there are some people with wealth out there, but not that many people even on here are spending $50,000 on an engagement ring.
Based on his income, my husband probably spent less than he could have, but I''m happy with my 1 carat diamond. Would I want a 3 carat diamond, sure! But I know he wouldn''t feel comfortable buying that,and it still probably wouldn''t have cost as much as a Tiffany Lucida! Something''s just off in this case with the OP.

midgirl

Shiny_Rock
pictures PLEASE.

2.2 Tiffany''s? Gotta see it to believe it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2006 8:49:56 AM
Author: midgirl
pictures PLEASE.

2.2 Tiffany''s? Gotta see it to believe it.

ditto
1.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
It''s all gone quiet again.

Can someone flick the lights off on the way out please!

Blod
35.gif

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
MB personally I think you should be banned. I''m sorry but why did you post on "show me the ring" without pictures! SHOW ME THE BLING!!! SHOW ME THE BLING!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2006 3:07:47 AM
Author: mb

True, but you have to look at the facts. 1. You had a self-proclaimed "tight" budget of a fraction of what you would have to spend on a 2+ ct Tiffany 2. You posted once in Show Me The Ring and never showed the ring. 3. People have posted things such as this and it ended up being a hoax.

Try to work with us on this and understand why we reached the conclusions we did. We weren''t trying to be judgemental or rude, we were all just baffled by it.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MB, I think we''d all love to give you the benefit of the doubt and this truly IS a forum full of very nice people...but they''re also serious diamond connoisseurs. It''s not about being judgemental, it''s about seeing holes in the story.

I think we all remember your post in RockyTalky:

"Hi everyone-

I have learned a lot on this forum the past few days. However, the more I read, the more confused I am. I have a small budget and would like to buy my gf a very nice ring. My budget is between $2,500-$3,000. Please advise on the best stone that I can find for my tight budget. I am just afraid that she will not like the ring and will think the stone will be too small.

Thank you everyone!

Matt"

When we go from reading THAT to suddenly hearing about a 2+carat Tiffany Lucida (but receive no other info such as specs or pictures) what else do you expect but some raised eyebrows? When we hear about how someone''s budget inexplicably went up from "a tight budget" of 3K all the way up to 60K or thereabouts, the first thing that comes to mind is that someone is hoaxing us. It has happened here before, and nothing irritates serious diamond lovers more.

However, if we''ve all been wrong and you are simply the "man of few words" type of guy who doesn''t like to post details, then please forgive us. Hopefully that was the case here!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nicely put Kristy and Xchick
36.gif
We really would love to see some pictures when you have them
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay I don't wanna see this thread bumped again WITHOUT PICTURES!!! do ya'll hear me?!!??!
9.gif

as if...we're so not getting any pictures of this elusive ring ever, esp if the original poster is appalled at how some of us aren't willing to buy a bridge he wants to sell us.

i'm sorry but that original post saying small budget 2-3k and then hey everyone i bought a 60k (at least) ring from tiffany!! i mean you gotta be joking if you expect people to just say 'sweet, have fun with that'.

i am more than willing to say Oops maybe I was wrong if there were just some pictures.
41.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Just for you Mara! BUMPITY, BUMP, BUMP

9.gif
Ain't gonna be no pictures here. Nice of MB to bring it up again and remind everyone how mean we all are. You'd think with all the skepticism he'd have managed to get a picture of that ring to shut us all up.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2006 12:16:17 PM
Author: Mara
okay I don''t wanna see this thread bumped again WITHOUT PICTURES!!! do ya''ll hear me?!!??!
9.gif

Yes Mara
emembarrassed.gif
emembarrassed.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Hey MB!

We Tiffany lovers would love to see your gf's ring.
30.gif
Congratulations, btw.

However, we're all savvy folk. Smart shoppers are skeptical, caveat emptor and all. It's a diamond site, remember. We're not all rubes.

Maybe you really want the Lucida ring for your gf... I think that's really sweet. I hope one day you get to give the woman you love such a beautiful gift. You must love her very much to want to give her everything you can afford.

I wish you well in your efforts. Don't feel too badly about it... She will be happy with whatever you give her. It doesn't have to be Tiffany and it doesn't have to be huge. All that matters is how you treat her -- and she'll feel like the luckiest girl on the planet.

Don't get sucked into bigger is better. Sometimes it's just bigger.
19.gif

Your love is what makes it better. Now, post pics or stop telling tall tales so we can get back to admiring sparklies. You don't need to prove anything. Just being a man who loves a woman enough to say forever is more than enough.

Congrats on finding a lucky lady to share your life with!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2006 2:09:07 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/28/2006 12:16:17 PM
Author: Mara
okay I don''t wanna see this thread bumped again WITHOUT PICTURES!!! do ya''ll hear me?!!??!
9.gif

Yes Mara
emembarrassed.gif
emembarrassed.gif
hey my brit gf
35.gif

were you involve with that $90 million hest in teh UK?
9.gif
if yes,can you loan me like 5 million pounds.
31.gif

irish80

Rough_Rock
Any sign of the pic''s yet?

Please, please, please!!!!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
He came back with no pics? I bummed!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why exactly is this thread 5 pages long?
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's a darn Lucida picture, now let this thread die!!!!
2.gif
36.gif

I keep dodging in to see if he ever came back, but it's never gonna happen! (So stop fooling me with the bumps!) LOL

engagement_lucida.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results