shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my gf the ring- - lucida ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of toe-tapping going on here....where is the ring? I wanna see, I wanna see!
31.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2006 4:26:44 PM
Author: Kaleidoscopic
Ok ok! I happen to be the guilty PS member who convinced him to up his budget...but NOT BY THAT MUCH. I CAN''T take the credit for ''Up''ing his budget by a factor of 20 and deciding to go to Tiffany''s for his purchase - that was all his decision. Getting some information about his gf, the budget seemed inappropriate for her taste.

It''s interesting b/c my bf also first had a budget of $3,000. I was trying to perhaps sway my bf to $7,000 and then he proposed with my beauty - I was shocked!

LOL - ok all you ladies that want your guy to get you a nice e-ring send them all to me for a consolt
2.gif
LOL!!

I am definitely sending my boyfriend to you next time.
23.gif

Though, I think for that price, I''d rather have a nice Porsche convertable, maybe you could help me with that.
31.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re not the one in the "So. Cal Tiffany Robbed" story are ya??
31.gif
31.gif
I am TOTALLY kidding. Can''t wait to see the pix!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2006 7:56:43 PM
Author: decodelighted
You''re not the one in the ''So. Cal Tiffany Robbed'' story are ya??
31.gif
31.gif
I am TOTALLY kidding. Can''t wait to see the pix!
TeeHee, I was thinking the same thing.
20.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

I love the Lucida setting. It's trendy, but also timeless.
I'm sure that size diamond looks great in that band -- it's complemented by the wide platinum setting.

Can't wait to see it. Post pics soon!
36.gif
I am sure she is going to be thrilled.

I remember reading a study that basically said that men, if left alone to their own devices, would overshoot their e-ring budgets. But if accompanied by the woman, they'd scale back.

I guess this is one of the former cases!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
like MMM say....i just wet my pants from laughing so hard.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a bunch of hoo doo!
14.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2006 4:26:44 PM

Date: 2/10/2006 1:31:24 PM
Author: pearcrazy

''UP'' your budget from $2500-3500 to a 2 carat diamond from Tiffany''s? I should say so!! OK what I want to know is who is the guilty PS member who convinced you to up your budget by a factor of 20?! If they aren''t in sales for a living they should be!
emotion-40.gif

Ok ok! I happen to be the guilty PS member who convinced him to up his budget...but NOT BY THAT MUCH. I CAN''T take the credit for ''Up''ing his budget by a factor of 20 and deciding to go to Tiffany''s for his purchase - that was all his decision. Getting some information about his gf, the budget seemed inappropriate for her taste.

It''s interesting b/c my bf also first had a budget of $3,000. I was trying to perhaps sway my bf to $7,000 and then he proposed with my beauty - I was shocked!

LOL - ok all you ladies that want your guy to get you a nice e-ring send them all to me for a consolt
2.gif
LOL!!
can you talk to my wife?
31.gif
i''m still waiting for mine.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2006 12:06:44 AM
Author:mb
Hi everyone--

I haven''t posted in a whiile but just wanted to thank the people who have given me feedbacks regarding my dilemma regarding getting my gf the ring that she really wanted--lucida ring from tiffany & co.

Specs:

2.27 carats
D color
VVS2 clarity
ring in platinum
lucida patented cut

It was interesting how my initial budget was between $2,500-3,000 but after talking to some friends and also one of the forum members that i decided to ''UP'' my budget and get her something that exceeded her expectations. I truly don''t believe in upgrades and would hope that she wouldn''t get tired of this gorgeous ring and get an upgrade on her own. I will post pictures once i get my digital camera fixed.

Thanks again everyone!

Matt

We probably won''t see pictures of this for a long time because now he can''t afford to get his camera fixed, LOL! Holy, moly. That''s quite a budget hike. Can''t wait to see this stunner. I seriously hope you are not putting us on.
2.gif

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
Holy crap! "up" the budget from $2500. I thought, maybe okay, he went to 4K.

Then I read the specs of the stone.

D color and VVS2???

You must have a money tree the size of texas growing in your backyard.
9.gif
9.gif

Wow, our fellow ps''r needs to talk to my boyfriend. I''m waititng for a 5 carat asscher. :)

I cant wait to see the ring though.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehee one of the things I thought when I read this was, shoulda saved $500 for a new camera!!
31.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
guys,you''ii never know. i have seen $60K e-ring posted on PS.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think I''ve ever known (or will ever know) anyone to upgrade their budget by quite so much.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
perhaps its a joke?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2006 7:10:40 AM
Author: rainbowtrout
perhaps its a joke?
And a very convoluted one at that
11.gif

Upgrade to 5cts I/Si H&A sounds allot more 'Pricescopish'.
31.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
It's cool mb, if you have a payment plan with old Tiff....
31.gif
[$$)]

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Call me naive, and optimist, or just a dreamer....I believe it could happen. Maybe mb was going with a more conservative budget of what''s in his bank account, and then decided to sell some stock, or borrow from his retirement to make his gf really happy so she''d never upgrade. Some people are sentimental, and don''t believe in upgrades.....

Sometimes my hubby would say that if he''d known about my upgrade fetish, he''d have borrowed from his retirement, and gotten it done right the first time. He still has a chance to make it up....with the ultimate/final upgrade on our 10th anniversary!

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Knowing myself...I know if I was a guy buying a ring for myself (a girl), I can see myself spending that much on an e-ring that will not be upgraded. I wouldn't go with Tiffany however, but will probably opt for an E color 4ct asscher. Theoretically, I think its worth it. I'd take a $60,000 e-ring ring over a $60,000 car anyday! And the ring will last you much longer, even generations maybe
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I was late but I see there still are no pics!!
Well, congrats and now...where are those pics?

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2006 7:51:27 PM
Knowing myself...I know if I was a guy buying a ring for myself (a girl), I can see myself spending that much on an e-ring that will not be upgraded. I wouldn''t go with Tiffany however, but will probably opt for an E color 4ct asscher. Theoretically, I think its worth it. I''d take a $60,000 e-ring ring over a $60,000 car anyday! And the ring will last you much longer, even generations maybe
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I agree! I try to use that line of reasoning with my bf when talking about engagement rings, but of course, he doesn''t see it that way. But he''d spend the money on a fancy schmancy sports car though!
20.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2006 9:54:32 PM
Author: Cinderella

Date: 2/13/2006 7:51:27 PM
Knowing myself...I know if I was a guy buying a ring for myself (a girl), I can see myself spending that much on an e-ring that will not be upgraded. I wouldn''t go with Tiffany however, but will probably opt for an E color 4ct asscher. Theoretically, I think its worth it. I''d take a $60,000 e-ring ring over a $60,000 car anyday! And the ring will last you much longer, even generations maybe
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I agree! I try to use that line of reasoning with my bf when talking about engagement rings, but of course, he doesn''t see it that way. But he''d spend the money on a fancy schmancy sports car though!
20.gif
Hee hee can you guys have a little talk with FI?!
31.gif
agree with kaleidoscopic though esp after having been on PS a while I would opt for a kick@$$ big fat generic asscher although have to admit Tiffany Lucida was my first love and I still covet the setting simple, elegant, classic....so mb about those pix
9.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
It''s possible if he won the lottery or came into a big inheritance that he could up the budget by a lot, but the fact he''s not come back and told us more or shown pictures... is a little suspicious. Perhaps his GF has just found out it''s a CZ in a Tiffany setting and he''s got two black eyes and an arm in a sling!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I thought it took me a long time to get some pics up, but geezz I was just having uploading probs. And at least I came back and let everyone in on what I was doing to try and get some pics posted. SO CAN WE SEE SOME PICTURES PLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!
face10.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I find this incredulous! WHERE ARE THE PICS?!?!?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Well, I too am an optimist. Originally, my now hubby and I were looking at 1ct stones with plain wedding bands. But, they just didn''t suit me. Before long we "settled" on the 3.22ct stone--and the 1.4ctw wedding band. So, I went from 1ct to over 4.5 ctw--not bad, huh? My hubby didn''t need to finance my rings, but he does joke that we chose my rings over a house
31.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
patience ladies,patience!!! give the guy some times.you know it takes time to get some good shots.
9.gif

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
Come on, WE ARE DYING HERE FOR SOME PICS AND HAND SHOTS.

I want to see the stonking ring!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Me thinks we may have been bamboozeled
7.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2006 5:28:49 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
face19.gif
TAP*TAP*TAP.... EXCUUUUSE ME.... Where in blazes are the pics?
31.gif

Yeah, we really need pictures. I''ve been waiting patiently long enough!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
All right not to be a brat but if I had bought that ring and came back to update and read posts where people assumed I must have financed the ring or was a flat out liar I would not update the thread. I would probably stop visiting PS thinking that the people here are lacking in manners.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results