shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my gf the ring- - lucida ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I hope he doesn''t think we are CRASS!!

I still wanna see pics!!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if he''s telling the truth or not. However, this is a "show" me the ring forum and due to the lack of actual pictures it''s not surprising that people begin to doubt, especially since the odds of going from a 2-3k budget up to 60K is not at all common. I always think it''s best to wait and start a thread in this section, once you have actual pictures
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha Mara I hope he doesn''t think we are being crass either. Now where in the world are those pics. Times a wastin!! Tick tock!!
11.gif
3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this reminds me of a member whom posted a fake 5 ct EC ring,when exposed by PS members,she never came back again. we got a nasty bunch of girls here. hee,hee

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2006 9:35:38 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
this reminds me of a member whom posted a fake 5 ct EC ring,when exposed by PS members,she never came back again. we got a nasty bunch of girls here. hee,hee
Was that the one that was questioned about the date on the pic and she said her camera was set wrong then someone posted showing the same ring and date on ebay? I remember this from my earlier lurking days.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh DF you know you love us...
31.gif
11.gif

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys I hate to dissapoint you, but I am starting to doubt that there will be pics of this Lucida in our near future.
39.gif

I know mb was pretty upset when he wrote to me after all the posts on this forum. I told him to understand some of the PS member's skepticism, especially since there was some deceptive pictures that were posted (including the fake 5ct EC ring). Anyway, that was the last I herd form him.
15.gif

TriciaKirk

Rough_Rock
I think we all need to be a little more understanding. Everyone does not have a digital camera or knows how to post pics - and this forum can be a little intimidating sometimes. Hopefully we will be able to see pics but we should all probably let this go for a while and hope for the best - just my opinion.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF- I think we just like the truth.
2.gif
It seems silly to lie about a ring that you do not own.
38.gif

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
I don''t know.... this is the Show me the Ring forum. If there was a ring... it would be shown. And just to prove all us "nasty ladies" wrong... I''m sure he''d be posting a pic of the rock for us. Come on now.... what man doesn''t want to hear a woman say "I was wrong"??!!! hahaha
face23.gif

There was a PSer who posted her engagement ring (1.98ct, E, VVS1 or something) in a collage of black and white pictures. Who takes black and white pictures of such a ring?? It looked strangely exactly like my $10 replica from the mall... exactly! I called her on this, and strangely enough she hasn''t posted anything since.

You can be proud of your jewellery.. be it a 0.05 center stone diamond solitaire, to a 5ct center diamond, to a beautiful setting with a sparkly CZ in it.... it''s all beautiful cause it means something to you. Maybe some people feel the need to exaggerate if they''re posting on this site to "look good". Who knows!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
moon river.....yep,that''s the one.she got busted
9.gif

Mara....love all ya girls too ,but to be honest,i love all your diamonds even more.
31.gif
30.gif
10.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 2:12:09 PM
Author: Shawna13
You can be proud of your jewellery.. be it a 0.05 center stone diamond solitaire, to a 5ct center diamond, to a beautiful setting with a sparkly CZ in it.... it''s all beautiful cause it means something to you. Maybe some people feel the need to exaggerate if they''re posting on this site to ''look good''. Who knows!

I agree you should be proud of your jewelry. Members on here give just as much praise for smaller diamonds as they do for the larger ones. Why does anyways care to impress a bunch of strangers???

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely agree. I don''t have the biggest diamond here by any means, but I LOVE my little .85 ct and I''m really proud of it.
9.gif

I''m not sure about this guy, but I feel bad if he did really get his GF that ring. It''d be saying a whole lot that he went from a "tight" budget to buying a ring most of us only dream about. On the other hand, I can see why everyone (myself included) is skeptical because its not everday a man increases his budget by that much. Maybe we''ve scared him off for good and now we''ll never know...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 2:16:06 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 2/17/2006 2:12:09 PM
Why does anyways care to impress a bunch of strangers???

Honestly, I think we''re pretty spoiled on Pricescope. On a lot of boards you have REAL CRAZIES that just like attention of ANY kind. Making up fake proposals, fake engagements, phoney jobs, & posting other people pix as their own cars/purses etc. You''d be suprised how many compulsive liars there are out there!

On a funny side note, I used to work at a shopping channel where customers would call in and talk on the air, ask ?? etc. We had a bunch of serial callers that always requested close-ups on rings & jewels & things ... eventually we figured out THEY WERE HAND FETISHISTS. (Even now I feel a little funny requesting "hand pics" so passionately ... I just have a BLING fetish!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ewww deco i view you with new eyes now....hehee just kidding. request my hand pictures all you want baby!!

yes we are pretty spoiled here on PS but there have been a few wackos outed from time to time with fake this or that...i don't know why anyone would want to waste their time trying to impress a bunch of diamond nuts with stuff you don't really have, but hey whatever floats your boat i guess!!

PS'ers have been pretty right about 99% of the time in the past whenever they call a spade a spade, so credit is due for being able to spot a scam...and you gotta admit that any intelligent individual would have to stop and scratch their head regarding the whole $2k to $60k thing...i mean hello from spending $2k to a 2c+ D VVS Tiffany? That's just plain insanity of a change. It doesn't have to mean it's fake, but it just boggles the mind.

Want to debunk the myth...posting some pictures with hand shots could be nice. But seriously, if no pictures are ever posted, I won't cry myself to sleep. EOT's 3c+ Lucida is more than enough eye-candy for moi!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2006 11:49:01 AM
Author: Matatora
All right not to be a brat but if I had bought that ring and came back to update and read posts where people assumed I must have financed the ring or was a flat out liar I would not update the thread. I would probably stop visiting PS thinking that the people here are lacking in manners.

Date: 2/16/2006 11:49:01 AM
Author: Kaleidoscopic

Hey guys I hate to dissapoint you, but I am starting to doubt that there will be pics of this Lucida in our near future.

I know mb was pretty upset when he wrote to me after all the posts on this forum. I told him to understand some of the PS member's skepticism, especially since there was some deceptive pictures that were posted (including the fake 5ct EC ring). Anyway, that was the last I herd form him.

Oh, I get it.......so now people here are evil and mean and even EEEEEK!..."lacking in manners"...because they didn't blindly believe that someone unknown (2 posts to date) with a self-professed "tight budget of $2-3K" miraculously found his way to loosen the purse strings up to the tune of $60K?
20.gif

You ladies can "tsk tsk" all you want and wag your reproaching fingers at whomever you like, but skepticism for such a story is completely warranted. No one is saying it's not *possible*......hell, it's *possible* that I just bought a 111-ct. Ceylon Sapphire from the Sheik of Somewhere. That doesn't mean I think you should all just buy into it or believe it on my say-so alone. And if you do.......well, please identify yourselves because I have some magic beanstalks to sell you, too.

Questioning authenticity/veracity is something smart people do....it's how they survive and how they get through life. That shouldn't be perceived as an insult by anyone. Caution and common sense is what keeps us all safe. People who don't question, who blindly follow anything....they are the same people who get fleeced out of tons of cash by fake psychics, etc.

Just so I understand, let's recap: he's upset that a bunch of people on the internet....who don't know him from Adam.....don't automatically default to believing a $58K jump in budget? And this SURPRISES him? And his feelings are so hurt he's not going to post pictures? Gotta say, that's mighty convenient. Convenient and very unusual....typically, people who want so badly to be believed will practically trip all over themselves to show pictures to back them up. If they can. If I *had* bought that 111-ct sapphire and folks doubted it? Well, you can bet your bottom dollar I'd be posting 30 pictures of it from every angle AND on my dog's paw to prove it.

I'll flat out confess I don't believe the reason we aren't seeing pictures is because we hurt his feeling. I don't believe we were gonna see pictures period, and you know why. However, I'd love to be proven wrong, and I'll be more than happy to join the believers if and when I see something that trumps my otherwise sound instincts.
2.gif

I'd rather be skeptical than gullible.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 2:49:51 PM
Author: aljdewey
Oh, I get it.......so now people here are evil and mean and even EEEEEK!...''lacking in manners''...because they didn''t blindly believe that someone unknown (2 posts to date) with a self-professed ''tight budget of $2-3K'' miraculously found his way to loosen the purse strings up to the tune of $60K?

I think of it like this ... "Hmmm, I''d sure like to find a nice mountain bike on sale, but OOOPS - I bought a Bentley"
9.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 3:06:59 PM
Author: decodelighted

Oh, I get it.......so now people here are evil and mean and even EEEEEK!...''lacking in manners''...because they didn''t blindly believe that someone unknown (2 posts to date) with a self-professed ''tight budget of $2-3K'' miraculously found his way to loosen the purse strings up to the tune of $60K?

I think of it like this ... ''Hmmm, I''d sure like to find a nice mountain bike on sale, but OOOPS - I bought a Bentley''
9.gif
Exactly. We had a reason to be skeptical. 3k to 60k? That''s a ridiculously large jump.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock

I think of it like this ... ''Hmmm, I''d sure like to find a nice mountain bike on sale, but OOOPS - I bought a Bentley''
9.gif

LOL, perfect metaphor!
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Alj- you misunderstand what I said. I do not believe or not believe his story, I was saying that if I were him, and people made comments about how I must have financed a ring because my original budget was small I would go okay, no worries and just not post there any more. I would not be offended or hurt I just would not be willing to take my time and energy to try and justify myself self to strangers. Especially since he had clearly not become attached to PS the way many of us have. I wonder if Kaldiscope could ask him for some pictures via email.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Al...are you sure you REALLY have a dog?
11.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

9.gif
HAHAHAHHAAAA - ROTFLMAO!

Deco, this just goes to show how lacking you are in bike knowledge. A SCHWINN is MUCH better than a Bentley any day!
31.gif
11.gif
3.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 3:13:41 PM
Author: Matatora
Alj- you misunderstand what I said. I do not believe or not believe his story, I was saying that if I were him, and people made comments about how I must have financed a ring because my original budget was small I would go okay, no worries and just not post there any more. I would not be offended or hurt I just would not be willing to take my time and energy to try and justify myself self to strangers. Especially since he had clearly not become attached to PS the way many of us have. I wonder if Kaldiscope could ask him for some pictures via email.
Well, hard to see it from that angle considering that it bothered him enough to express how upset he was to Kaleidoscopic. If you really don''t care about justifying yourself to strangers, then why do you become "pretty upset" by strangers posts, and why bother expressing that her?

Interestingly enough, Kaleidoscopic wasn''t even one of the responders in his original thread. In fact, MB came here and started his original thread. People then offered what I think were really helpful suggestions. And he never bothered to reply to any of it.

Then, two months later, it''s important enough to him to come back to PS to tell that "bunch of strangers" on PS that he bought a $60K ring?

Just don''t see it.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 3:14:13 PM
Author: Mara
11.gif

OF COURSE I''m SURE I have a dog.........he''s right here!
11.gif

portiamine.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2006 3:34:40 AM
Author: Kaleidoscopic
39.gif

I know mb was pretty upset when he wrote to me after all the posts on this forum. I told him to understand some of the PS member''s skepticism, especially since there was some deceptive pictures that were posted (including the fake 5ct EC ring). Anyway, that was the last I herd form him.
15.gif
it took you this long to realize it ain''t gonna happen?
9.gif
41.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 3:46:51 PM

Date: 2/17/2006 3:14:13 PM
Author: Mara
11.gif

OF COURSE I''m SURE I have a dog.........he''s right here!
11.gif
WOW that''s sure a good-looking animal!!!
31.gif
You lucky gal! Now where''s that 12c Ceylon sapphire on his paw?!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
is that yellow gold?
20.gif

portiagold.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 6:31:22 PM
Author: belle
is that yellow gold?
20.gif
HAHAHAH - see? That''s how you KNOW it''s my dog. Mara''s dog would NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER be caught dead wearing tacky yellow gold!
31.gif
11.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

That post of Portia just made my night - I could not stop laughing at the ring balanced on the paw.

Oh and love
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Portia.

Oh, could we see Aljdeweys dog modelling the sapphire ring and her other diamond which was modelled previously please
36.gif
10.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 6:48:18 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
LOL You guys are such dorks.
20.gif
rofl
9.gif
Ditto.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results