shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG AVR + BGD + Bezel + Milgrain = Puddle of Love

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
After purchasing an AVC from Good Old Gold, wavering a bit between AVC + AVR, purchasing a lovely pair of AVRs, sadly mailing back my AVC, and sending my AVRs off to Brian Gavin for some dressing up, bezel-style, the earrings are finally finished!!! I say "finally" because I'm so excited to have them back, though BGD finished these guys in record time (1 week!). My little sparklers are in the mail now, but Lesley @ BGD was kind enough to include some glamor shots to tide me over.

And all the stats on the stones are in this older thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rethinking-avc-studs.156581/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rethinking-avc-studs.156581/[/URL]

(Quick-n-dirty: August Vintage Rounds, IVS2, JVS1, .60 ea.)

Will post real life pictures once they arrive and are safely sparkling away, chunky-style, in my ears. :appl:

SO EXCITED!

BrianGavin_BezelEar1_022811.jpg

BrianGavin_BezelEar2_022811.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SUPER!!! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, YAY!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I LOVE them! :love: ;( :lol: Such mixed emotions because I did love the stones! However, what I hope to do is to get a smaller pair to bezel like this.

They turned out great! Can't wait for some ear shots!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Totally gorgeous !!! :love: :love: I am looking to get some AVR's for my birthday so please please post ear shots :) :) Enjoy your beautiful earrings !!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: love love love :)

tannet

Shiny_Rock
I love them! In fact, I want a pair just like them! :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I ADORE them. ADORE. Cant wait to see them on your ears!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the antiquey bezel around an AVR. Pretty much perfect!

happybear

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

I'm in love..... These are so, so pretty!!!!

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
motownmama-thanks!! I hope they are pretty super in real life too!

ds2006-I totally understand how you feel! I am definitely going to be a little sad when my .85AVC finds a new home. Strange (and craaaazytime) how quickly we get attached to our little sparklers. I can't wait until you get a pair of high color AVRs! And I really have to thank you for helping me make the decision between AVC and AVR. I felt so better knowing that you'd seen these guys and thought they were a perfect match also.

Hospatogi-thank you! I plan to put them on and never take them off (at least for quite a while...). Will do my best to take ear shots when they arrive but may have to rope my BF into joining in on a diamond photo session :wink2:

slg47 - :naughty: me tooooo

tannet- you should definitely get a pair! I am starting to see more matching AVRs popping up on GOG all the time!

lknvrb4- thank you! I adore them!

Dani-me neither!! I keep opening up the glamor shots and trying to picture them on my ears. Seems like such a long time (another 24 hours or so) until they're here!

kelpie-thank you!

gemgirl-thank you! Brian Gavin makes such delicate and fantastic bezels! I have a smaller pair of studs in a yellow gold bezel and love them so much that I decided to bezel these also. I just wish I'd thought to milgrain the first set as well because I think the milgraining really adds the antique look.

rubyprincess-thank you!

happybear- I feel the same way! Love and lust.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh! LOVE THEM!!! I sooo want a pair! Can't wait to see the ear shots. They are going to be spectacular!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
And by the way I still want your Avc so bad!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
seriously my dream studs. Beautiful!

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
Dani said:
And by the way I still want your Avc so bad!

I actually expected to see a post from you saying that you'd purchased it! Still debating between the .99 and the .85? There are a few other nice ones in that size range up now. Can't wait to see what you end up with :twirl:

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
Tacori E-ring- Thank you! Your e-ring is pretty fantastic also!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh :love: :love: :love:

Antique-y and delicate and lovely!! Can't wait for earshots of these beauties :sun:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Well now I'm actually thinking about an AVr with milgrain for a pendant!:)

pixies

Shiny_Rock
These are really lovely. The milgrain looks perfect with your beautiful AVRs!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely Stunning!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
I love them. Can't wait to see the ear shots.

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
Yssie, pixies, TruLuv858, and Venice-- thank you!! I also can't wait to provide ear shots! I once tried taking shots of the stones on my finger and was horrified by how lined and dry my hands looked. I'm sure the ear shots will be a real self-esteem boosting experience! ;))

Dani--an AVR pendant would be dreamy!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Earring perfection!!!!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I just adore these! They are beautiful! Seeing all these lovely bezel earrings is making me so excited to start my own little earring project :Up_to_something: . I am waiting impatiently for your ear shots!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous!! I love them!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, I am SO HAPPY that somebody (and somebody here!) got those beauties! I was eyeballing them a few months back and went as far as putting them on hold before I realized I really wanted SBF in both stones ... but I've been wondering ever since how they would have looked in milgrained bezels.

Answer? They. Look. Fabulous! I will be waiting with bated breath for ear shots ....

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
THEY'RE HERE!!!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: I picked them up this morning and cannot stop looking at them (and my ears) in the mirror. BGD did an incredible job on these settings and the bezels are fantastically delicate. The milgrain is perfection and looks just spectacular with the August Vintage Rounds. Also, while I cannot necessarily see the facet pattern of the AVRs when on the ears, there is a big difference in sparkle when contrasted with my old round brilliants. The flashes of light are bolder and...flashier.

I am one happy camper. And to both John @ GOG and Lesley @ BGD, thank you so much for all of your help and for turning out such fantastic products.

IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_1188.jpg

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
And one more picture for some size perspective. The studs looked larger than life in the earshot (it would be nice if they actually took up that much room on my lobe!) but this picture shows the size more accurately.

Photo on 2011-03-02 at 15.38.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results