shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG AVR + BGD + Bezel + Milgrain = Puddle of Love

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Love them! They look absolutely beautiful on you! I love the size, and the milgrain complements the AVRs perfectly. Congrats!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geez, these are just perfect! LOVE them!

Acrossley

Rough_Rock
These are gorgeous!!! I really love the beading!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ana!!!! The are just stunning!!! We need lots and lots more pics!!! What little sparklers they are!!!! :love: :love:

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! I love the milgraining!

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
Kittybean, katiedid, Acrossley, Dani, prv, Zoe -- Thank you all for the lovely remarks! I am so happy with these earrings. They're just so delicate and perfect. I think it is safe to say that BGD creates some pretty perfect bezels.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Ana- I absolutely love your earrings ! I was wondering if I could get your personal opinion. I am saving up for a pair of diamond earrings like yours and was wondering do you think 0.35 would be too small ? I dont own any other pair of diamond studs so this would be my first pair. I keep wondering if 1/3 carat earrings would sparkle like yours does. Also I was wondering does putting a bezel on earrings allow less light to enter and do your earrings always sparkle or do you ever notice any darkness in them? Thanks :)

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
Hospatogi|1299160963|2863662 said:
Ana- I absolutely love your earrings ! I was wondering if I could get your personal opinion. I am saving up for a pair of diamond earrings like yours and was wondering do you think 0.35 would be too small ? I dont own any other pair of diamond studs so this would be my first pair. I keep wondering if 1/3 carat earrings would sparkle like yours does. Also I was wondering does putting a bezel on earrings allow less light to enter and do your earrings always sparkle or do you ever notice any darkness in them? Thanks :)

Hi Hospatogi! I've been following your quest for birthday earrings :twirl: and definitely think .35 is a great size! I have a pair of .50ctw (.25 ea) heirloom earrings that were also set into bezels by BGD b/c they are a bit fragile and I think the size is lovely. The BGD bezels are constructed in a way that the metal rim circles only the edge of the stone and the culet is entirely exposed. There is definitely no issue with darkness or light being unable to enter. Also, I think bezels actually add a bit of diameter to the stone! I will try to snap some shots of my smaller bezels and the back of the settings later.

But these pics might give you a better idea of size, though it'll be a bit of an exercise in putting together the pieces. You've seen the shot of the .60 on my ear. These shots are of the .60 next to the .85 AVC, and the .85 AVC next to my .30 bezeled pendant. I think the .30 in the bezel looks almost identical in size to the loose .60 stone! Are you leaning towards round brilliant or AVR? Can't wait to see what you decide!

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1171.jpg

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ana,

I really love the heirloom feel of the AVRs. I have always admired the OECs and how beautiful they look in candlelight but I love how AVRs look in broad daylight. I spoke to GoG and they are not getting any more AVRs for now so whatever they have in stock is really the selection I have to work with. And the only matched pairs right now are in the 1/4 to 1/3 carat range with the exception of the 0.46s which would have been great however the D color combined with one of them being IF puts them at a pricepoint that is well out of my reach :( .. I dont know if I should just wait and hope that something becomes available in the coming months or go for the 0.35s. I would really love if I could see a pic of your 0.25 in your ears if you dont mind so I can compare. I am almost tempted to go try on some cz's in those sizes to get an idea of what it would like !

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked the same question and am really sad they aren't getting more in any time soon. They are priced higher than small H&A stones, so maybe they thought they wouldn't sell well. But I think they'd be so pretty in the milgrain bezels...but no way in the world I'd do D IF, either! :-o I just like stones that are a perfect match and these are easier to match since they are cut to similar specs as opposed to antique stones.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1299169161|2863776 said:
I asked the same question and am really sad they aren't getting more in any time soon. They are priced higher than small H&A stones, so maybe they thought they wouldn't sell well. But I think they'd be so pretty in the milgrain bezels...but no way in the world I'd do D IF, either! :-o I just like stones that are a perfect match and these are easier to match since they are cut to similar specs as opposed to antique stones.

Sigh..who knows maybe we will get lucky and GoG will bring a few more in so we can get some AVR lovelies too.. I broke down and went to Tiffanys to try on their bezel studs. They had a pair that were .66 carat which were pretty however the 1/2 in each ear looked beautiful :( .. I think my mouth fell open though when the lady said that the bezeled .66 carat studs were $5500 so I didnt even bother to ask how much the 1.00 carat studs were !!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that's really sad that GOG isnt getting in any more AVR's anytime soon. I would so love one with a milgrain bezel. I guess it will just give me more time to save up for my ideal size. Im also not 100% on whether I will go with AVC or AVR....I think I will have to pay a visit to GOG in person when I'm ready!!! :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Ana, they look gorgeous on you! I think they look perfect in your ears, sparkly and big. What a wonderful pair of studs!
I would have never thought of AVR rounds before, but truly those couldn't be more perfect. Congratulations, awesome earrings!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results