shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
@Double E Thought of you when I saw this spess (^). :geek2:

Haha^^ Surprised this rock wasn’t immediately sold in seconds! Anyway, it’s gone now~

That’s a Nigerian stone with more open colour than it usually is from this origin per Gene, I can see it’s quite bright from both photo and video, and Gene’s pics and clips are very accurate in terms of colour.

That’s a truly promising gem and I hope to see it set sometime here in PS:)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to get that Grossular Garnet but per Gene I was too late ... hope if a PSer bought it he/she posts a thread about it ... it sure is a pretty cushion!

I’m sorry you weren’t able to get that one. It really is a lovely garnet and has such a beautiful pillowy look. :kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I have something to confess. I was browsing on my phone at bedtime at midnight and one tab just happened to be open to Precision Gem's gems for sale page. I had been contemplating buying something weeks ago and refreshed the tab to see these beautiful gems still available. Finally, I've grabbed another concave cut from Gene!* I promise to post pictures once I have the gems in hand.

*Not just one, but two. Both the spess and tourmaline. I just loved both colors. :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have something to confess. I was browsing on my phone at bedtime at midnight and one tab just happened to be open to Precision Gem's gems for sale page. I had been contemplating buying something weeks ago and refreshed the tab to see these beautiful gems still available. Finally, I've grabbed another concave cut from Gene!* I promise to post pictures once I have the gems in hand.

*Not just one, but two. Both the spess and tourmaline. I just loved both colors. :kiss2:

How exciting @voce! I can’t believe you managed to snag both of them. What luck! I can’t wait to hear what you think…and to see some hand pics of course. :kiss2:

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock

Wonderful! They are in the family, so to speak. Looking forward to seeing what you make of them.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wow! I’m so excited for you!! They both look gorgeous! :kiss2: I can’t wait to see your pictures!

voce

Ideal_Rock
PXL_20221020_195724694.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20221020_195721741.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20221020_195721741.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 29

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see they are safely tucked away on your spice shelf :mrgreen2:

Beautiful stones -- can't wait to see what you do, @voce! (Wait, that's exactly what @elle_71125 said above but whatever -- it's true!)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New gems and a few on sale for Black Friday / Cyber Monday!

New drop:
1A317FCB-E5F0-4BF0-BFAE-626C7D0B0E9A.jpeg

Sale gems:
A5FF6FA5-D85F-40A7-A066-38850F8FE654.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am tempted by that Spess:)
That spess does look gorgeous. :love: I’m not even an orange person but there’s something about spessartites that speaks to me. They’re orange but more like orange that’s been set fire to. Glowing and magical.

Do it!!!! Everyone needs a few Spess!!!

I so want another but I'm on ban island. Everyday I keep trying to convince my sister to abandon hers!

100% agree. They are such gorgeous gems. I’m actually setting one now. :mrgreen:

Never say ban island! :knockout: I’ve never been there, as I lack the self control to make it all the way over, but I hear it’s so cold and lonely. Here’s hoping you don’t have to stay for long before the rescue boat comes back around.

ABloom

Rough_Rock
A new drop! So many beautiful gems this week but did you see that pad sapphire? Someone out there got very lucky! It’s a gorgeous color.

AF624960-8D40-4CE9-BA19-6260CFDBA695.jpeg

0E20E20A-6E7B-4529-AB7D-6DC5ABB0F5EC.jpeg

F02FA930-F5F4-4EED-81DC-42C9AF1DD38E.jpeg

I got the pad sapphire (it was my first gemstone purchase other than choosing a stone for my engagement ring). I'm planning to send it back tomorrow, though. I LOVE how it looks in some indoor lighting, but I don't like how it looks outside (overcast lighting, it hasn't been sunny for days). Outside, it looks golden, and I think I was hoping for a stronger peach tone. I've never seen a pad sapphire in person before now, so maybe that is a normal thing for how they look? IMG_8022.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8015.jpg
    IMG_8015.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_8017.jpg
    IMG_8017.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_8018.jpg
    IMG_8018.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_8020.jpg
    IMG_8020.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_8016.jpg
    IMG_8016.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 153

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the pad sapphire (it was my first gemstone purchase other than choosing a stone for my engagement ring). I'm planning to send it back tomorrow, though. I LOVE how it looks in some indoor lighting, but I don't like how it looks outside (overcast lighting, it hasn't been sunny for days). Outside, it looks golden, and I think I was hoping for a stronger peach tone. I've never seen a pad sapphire in person before now, so maybe that is a normal thing for how they look? IMG_8022.jpg

Awww- I’m sorry it doesn’t thrill you enough to keep it. :(
And for real - there’s no sense in keeping stuff we don’t absolutely love - and we don’t know what we absolutely love until we see it, sometimes.
I’m sure maybe there’s someone out there who spends a lot of their time in artificial lighting - that would love it. It’s cut beautifully!

Do your photos on your monitor(s) match somewhat closely what you see with your eye?

As for your question of what’s ‘normal’ I’m sure you might get a range of answers. It’s pretty common for stones/sapphires to shift their color due to lighting type.

For a Padparadscha with a lab report - you still will see a shift I bet, maybe even with top top tier material above what’s available to us mere mortals. But you won’t (shouldn’t?) see one shift out of Pad designation color range from a lab that’s not very liberal in giving that designation. Like totally lose all pink or all orange or totally desaturate to colorless or pick up brown. For example - I’ll not say all AIGS report Pads will shift out of traditionally acceptable color range - but I have definitely seen one that does.

I think maybe there’s a relevant discussion here (on a different non vendor specific thread to be sure) of what’s a Padparadscha vs what’s a Padparadscha colored sapphire.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry you don't love it. @Rfisher has it right. There's no point to keeping a gem you don't love (even though I'm pretty sure we all have..myself included). All I know is, if you don't love it now, you never will. Better to send it back so it can find its right owner.

That indoor light pic though. *le sigh*
Wish it could look like that all the time (dang gems and their love of shifting).

ABloom

Rough_Rock
Awww- I’m sorry it doesn’t thrill you enough to keep it. :(
And for real - there’s no sense in keeping stuff we don’t absolutely love - and we don’t know what we absolutely love until we see it, sometimes.
I’m sure maybe there’s someone out there who spends a lot of their time in artificial lighting - that would love it. It’s cut beautifully!

Do your photos on your monitor(s) match somewhat closely what you see with your eye?

As for your question of what’s ‘normal’ I’m sure you might get a range of answers. It’s pretty common for stones/sapphires to shift their color due to lighting type.

For a Padparadscha with a lab report - you still will see a shift I bet, maybe even with top top tier material above what’s available to us mere mortals. But you won’t (shouldn’t?) see one shift out of Pad designation color range from a lab that’s not very liberal in giving that designation. Like totally lose all pink or all orange or totally desaturate to colorless or pick up brown. For example - I’ll not say all AIGS report Pads will shift out of traditionally acceptable color range - but I have definitely seen one that does.

I think maybe there’s a relevant discussion here (on a different non vendor specific thread to be sure) of what’s a Padparadscha vs what’s a Padparadscha colored sapphire.

It's ok! I'm sure someone else will love it, especially if they're indoors a lot, like you said.
Yeah, I would say the photos are pretty close to what I see. There's more nuance in real life, but it's a good general idea.
To my inexpert eye, I don't see any pink at all when looked at in natural lighting.

I really appreciate all the information about color shifting! You answered a lot of the questions I had. I knew there would be a little bit of a shift since my engagement ring is also a sapphire (but blue), but I wasn't expecting it to be as dramatic as it was. Probably someone else will love that about it, though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results