clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m really intrigued by the YAG material. It is extraordinarily lovely:)

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
The rest is sold already :cry2:

passions4purples

Rough_Rock
His stuff always goes crazy fast. It’s definitely hard to get the drop on one.

For some reason I tend to get the emails about two hours after stuff goes up, which makes it pretty much impossible. I've just started looking for his stuff when it comes up second hand.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For some reason I tend to get the emails about two hours after stuff goes up, which makes it pretty much impossible. I've just started looking for his stuff when it comes up second hand.

Same for me too. I only get the emails way after I read about the new drops here!

mdi

Shiny_Rock

I'll probably regret doing this cuz I am stalking Gene's website like there is no tomorrow -- but you gotta set up Twitter alerts on your phone. He usually posts to Twitter first when there are new stones, and sometimes they will be sold out before I even see the newsletter. Also, my gmail account hates the newsletter and it will often appear THE NEXT DAY, like hours and hours later. So I have it sent to my work account as well. But seriously, Twitter updates are a gamechanger...although they didn't help me snag that lab Padparadscha in time!

(About me: my partner gave me the go ahead on an engagement ring, but as he is a poor grad student, I was so thrilled to find Precision Gems. I am the definition of champagne dreams on a beer budget. That's why I have no profile pic yet -- no gems, no pic haha! But hopefully soon! ;)2)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll probably regret doing this cuz I am stalking Gene's website like there is no tomorrow -- but you gotta set up Twitter alerts on your phone. He usually posts to Twitter first when there are new stones, and sometimes they will be sold out before I even see the newsletter. Also, my gmail account hates the newsletter and it will often appear THE NEXT DAY, like hours and hours later. So I have it sent to my work account as well. But seriously, Twitter updates are a gamechanger...although they didn't help me snag that lab Padparadscha in time!

(About me: my partner gave me the go ahead on an engagement ring, but as he is a poor grad student, I was so thrilled to find Precision Gems. I am the definition of champagne dreams on a beer budget. That's why I have no profile pic yet -- no gems, no pic haha! But hopefully soon! ;)2)

What a great tip! Good luck on getting the perfect stone for your e-ring! :mrgreen2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried for the Lilac Sapphire, looks kinda included but I like the color. Will see. The spess looks like a literal sun!!

Good luck! :D
That spess is gorgeous. If I didn’t already have a spess waiting to be set, I’d be all over this one. :mrgreen2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s my 2.14ct violet sapphire from Gene. She is a shifty girl. Hates the car (the grey comes way out). Loves it outside and under indoor lights. Here’s a million pics. Just trying to give an accurate representation. :mrgreen2:

Indoor lighting:
F047D245-CF45-4AA5-969E-2AFAE08B8B1D.jpeg

D76E5E9F-18E7-4429-AF2E-96356B7BC559.jpeg

B73B9C04-F523-4E8F-A7CB-6CD98623B498.jpeg

B6763019-C1C7-4BCD-9DB6-91522821827D.jpeg

Outdoors:
84FA20C6-E398-4E56-9525-87C6927A7937.jpeg

6AF8E65A-AA53-49A0-97CF-BC5155FA26B0.jpeg

E63DD765-4B87-4C57-9B4D-D60097913799.jpeg

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very counterproductive and bad for business. There are too many other places to buy high quality gems. It was an incredibly foolish thing to do, IMO.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very counterproductive and bad for business. There are too many other places to buy high quality gems. It was an incredibly foolish thing to do, IMO.
I'm really sad about it :(

He's cutting me stones right now, and it's a pretty sizable order ($500+). If I didn't give a deposit I would just cancel. Who insults customers like that???

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
I'm really sad about it :(

He's cutting me stones right now, and it's a pretty sizable order ($500+). If I didn't give a deposit I would just cancel. Who insults customers like that???

I found it like slightly condescending, to be honest. Just my two cents, but a purchase should be a positive thing, not one where you're judged by the vendor... like seriously you're on a jewelry enthusiasts forum, know your audience! I hope I don't get the lilac sapphire I tried for this morning, just kind of put a bad taste in my mouth. End rant :lol-2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found it like slightly condescending, to be honest. Just my two cents, but a purchase should be a positive thing, not one where you're judged by the vendor... like seriously you're on a jewelry enthusiasts forum, know your audience! I hope I don't get the lilac sapphire I tried for this morning, just kind of put a bad taste in my mouth. End rant :lol-2:
Right?!? Does it make me a total B*** if I ask for my deposit back?? I don't want to spend my money with someone who is judging me and being rude. No thanks.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We all have a bad day every now and again!

I understand he's been a great vendor, maybe cut him some slack?

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@prs Yes, very true. Always good to keep it in perspective, everyone does have a bad day once in a while! I don't personally have any experience working with him before so I just found it kind of off-putting.

@lovedogs is the deposit refundable? :shock:, I just emailed him to cancel mine. Sorry, but I just don't feel good about the whole transaction and I need to feel 100% before I spend.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I get the sense that people who are most pissed are those who already purchased from him. It’s understandable. :|

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We all have a bad day every now and again!

I understand he's been a great vendor, maybe cut him some slack?

Maybe someone on here who has more of a long standing relationship with him, do a quick welfare check? A quick scan of his history of posting shows this type of posting to be somewhat out of character?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results