Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Malaya garnet looks like such a gorgeous peach color. :kiss2:

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I may have bought the large Pyrope garnet. How long will it be before I know for sure? I got this e-mail:

Thank you for your order. This is a automated notification that your order has been submitted. Note that the website does not automatically mark the stone as sold, and it's possible the stone may have been sold before your order came in. In that case I will refund your purchase.

I agree that the Tanzanite is gorgeous!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may have bought the large Pyrope garnet. How long will it be before I know for sure? I got this e-mail:

I agree that the Tanzanite is gorgeous!

I usually don’t know for sure until I receive a shipping notification. If you didn’t get it, he will send a refund email within a day or so.
*crossing my fingers for you*

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @elle_71125. I love that lab emerald that you got and I love your inspiration picture! I would go with the 4.5 mm side stones or even a hair smaller so that the center stone will pop.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Loving that tsavorite!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @elle_71125. I love that lab emerald that you got and I love your inspiration picture! I would go with the 4.5 mm side stones or even a hair smaller so that the center stone will pop.

Thank you. It will likely be a while before I can set it but I’m hoping some 4.5 cushions will flank it nicely. :D

voce

Ideal_Rock
That color-shifting blue/violet sapphire is what I would've pulled the trigger on. I adore stones that display a mix of blue and purple like tanzanite. Gary has a couple, but his are heated and more expensive. Maybe I'll email Gene and commission something like that if he can find the rough during Tucson.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was looking at the purple sapphire for a pendant. I like the darker color. I think you got the one you were going for.

I've learned not to get my hopes up with Gene's drops. There's no guarantee until you get that final email / shipping confirmation.

That darker purple is gorgeous. I was thinking about that one too. :mrgreen2:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the violet sapphire but didn’t see his email until it was already sold. I hope you got it @elle_71125 so I can live vicariously through the photos you will share of it =)2.

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125, how long does it take to find out whether you’ve got the shipping notice? I’ve never bought from Gene until today (tried for the peach but it wasn’t immediate) so don’t know the whole Gene process. TIA!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the violet sapphire but didn’t see his email until it was already sold. I hope you got it @elle_71125 so I can live vicariously through the photos you will share of it =)2.

I got it! :dance: I’m excited to see it in person. I’m super picky about purple gems and I prefer more of a pink purple instead of a blue purple. This looks like it’s going to be great! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125, how long does it take to find out whether you’ve got the shipping notice? I’ve never bought from Gene until today (tried for the peach but it wasn’t immediate) so don’t know the whole Gene process. TIA!

You will get an email saying you purchased it but you can NOT trust it. :confused2: I’ve gotten lots of those only to have them be returned later. Sometimes Gene will send an email saying I got the gem and other times I won’t know for sure until I receive a shipping notice or a refund notice. It usually takes less than a day to find out for sure.

I really hope you got it. I’m dying to see PS pics of it. :love:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got it! :dance: I’m excited to see it in person. I’m super picky about purple gems and I prefer more of a pink purple instead of a blue purple. This looks like it’s going to be great! :love:
Yay!! I’m so glad you got it :dance:. I love pinkish purples too and can’t wait to see your real life pictures!
The stones went fast today! I hope everyone was able the stone they tried for =)2.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OK, I love every one of these new stones. In fact, I may have tried for the violet sapphire (first pic). :twisted2:

http://www.precisiongem.com/gemstackpage/gems.php?catalog/all/-/date/1

Gene 5.jpg

gene 6.jpg

gene 7.jpg

I love that violet sapphire, @elle_71125 ! I would have tried for it too but got to the message late and the new stones were gone. I have a weakness for pink-purple in all its variations.

Gene still has several pretty things up on his page, like his gorgeous checkerboard cushion spessartite. Somebody should grab that!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that violet sapphire, @elle_71125 ! I would have tried for it too but got to the message late and the new stones were gone. I have a weakness for pink-purple in all its variations.

Gene still has several pretty things up on his page, like his gorgeous checkerboard cushion spessartite. Somebody should grab that!

I’m sorry you missed out on the latest drop but he bought a lot of sapphires in Tucson so you might just catch the next one. ;)2

I too have a real weakness for pinks and purples, which is why this drop was so darn tempting. Love your new icon pic btw. :mrgreen2:

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I’ve been eyeballing that spess for awhile now!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
That is a lot of pinks and purples! I want to see some blues and greens! Bet they will all be gorgeous though!!

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You will get an email saying you purchased it but you can NOT trust it. :confused2: I’ve gotten lots of those only to have them be returned later. Sometimes Gene will send an email saying I got the gem and other times I won’t know for sure until I receive a shipping notice or a refund notice. It usually takes less than a day to find out for sure.

I really hope you got it. I’m dying to see PS pics of it. :love:

@elle_71125, amazingly I got the shipping notice! I’ll post pics when it comes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results