shape
carat
color
clarity

Gastric Sleeve

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Success!! Lol it took one bottle of mag citrate.

Now I can get on with my life and now that I’m on regular foods, I can incorporate fiber and hopefully won’t have this problem on this level again.

Thanks for the support!

Oh and PS.... prunes are not bad at all! I get travelers stomach and get blocked up the day before a trip lol, so now I know to travel with “dried plums” (did you know the prune industry is rebranding to dried plums lol)
A whole bottle?!!! I would hope it worked. That stuff is like TNT for your guts. And "dried plums"? I guess "prunes" got too much of a bad rap.

Quick question... what does hunger feel like for you now? Do you get hungry, or more have to remind yourself to eat?

whitewave

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A whole bottle?!!! I would hope it worked. That stuff is like TNT for your guts. And "dried plums"? I guess "prunes" got too much of a bad rap.

Quick question... what does hunger feel like for you now? Do you get hungry, or more have to remind yourself to eat?
I found out milk of magnesia works very well and isn’t violent.

I do still get hungry if I go hours without eating, but it’s not that old ravenous OMG I’m going to die if I don’t get food feeling.

it’s more like “hey, we could use some food down here— I think you forgot to eat, thanks.”

Slick1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you take Metamucil? I find that works wonders. And my gastroenterologist recommended for me when I got over the C-Diff. I use it daily. Feel well. You look fabulous!

whitewave

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you take Metamucil? I find that works wonders. And my gastroenterologist recommended for me when I got over the C-Diff. I use it daily. Feel well. You look fabulous!
I’ll add it to my list, thanks!

Jimmianne

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love stewed prunes...simmered in a little water with lemon juice.
You are looking amazing! the things you are having to go through seem so worth it. And once you’ve adjusted, you’ll never have to look back!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Success!! Lol it took one bottle of mag citrate.

Now I can get on with my life and now that I’m on regular foods, I can incorporate fiber and hopefully won’t have this problem on this level again.

Thanks for the support!

Oh and PS.... prunes are not bad at all! I get travelers stomach and get blocked up the day before a trip lol, so now I know to travel with “dried plums” (did you know the prune industry is rebranding to dried plums lol)
Yay!!! Definitely a huge relief when one is backed up for a while and then finally sweet relief. And prunes are not only good for that they’re good for you and a sweet treat. Best wishes for continued healing and may the rest be easy.

whitewave

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just an update— made 4 weeks Monday. Down 8 pounds total.

it’s definitely going slowly, so I’m going to start tracking intake and walk more.

before surgery, I would have killed for 8 pounds in a month. I can tell I’m losing inches as well. Clothes are loose and when I look at myself in the mirror, I can see.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

it’s definitely going slowly, so I’m going to start tracking intake and walk more.

before surgery, I would have killed for 8 pounds in a month. I can tell I’m losing inches as well. Clothes are loose and when I look at myself in the mirror, I can see.
This is fantastic progress! Perhaps a bit slower is better for your body anyway? If walking get boring, can you ride a bike? I have been out biking a lot lately and it is fun!

Begonia

Brilliant_Rock

That's wonderful! Slow and steady is best for weight loss. Pleased for you this is working out well!

whitewave

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image.jpg

Excuse the mess. We are on tropical storm schedule for the dogs lol.

Colleagues of my husband ( a married doctor pair) donated this to my cause. I had put it on blast on FB that I was looking to buy one of these if anyone had one they wanted to sell. They gifted it to me— hardly used since the 90s.

I’m so excited!!!!

Except I’m up 4 pounds now.

I had a nice talk with the dietitian on Friday. She reminded me of a few things:

1) success is measured at one year. It’s only been one month for me.

2) the slow starters/slow losers have better long term success because the people who lose 20-30-40 pounds the first month are destroying their muscle mass.

3) you will lose inches before pounds, which is interesting. I do see I look smaller and my clothes are super loose.

0B27EA6E-AAD0-4490-9428-45B0865AC732.jpeg

4) scales are stupid, bodies are weird and sometimes nothing makes sense, but I’m doing nothing wrong and to stay the course.

5) she had heard this complaint so often over the years that she knows its part of the process for some (no loss, small losses, scale shows weight up etc). She promises me to just hold on and some people take a month or two to start losing at a steady rate.

6) take miralax with my morning coffee. This is another thing she hears often and she also thinks this is messing up my water balance.

7) slow loss is going to be much better for my skin

So, be warned, there are many mind f*cks involved with this surgery and they start immediately.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
image.jpg

Excuse the mess. We are on tropical storm schedule for the dogs lol.

Colleagues of my husband ( a married doctor pair) donated this to my cause. I had put it on blast on FB that I was looking to buy one of these if anyone had one they wanted to sell. They gifted it to me— hardly used since the 90s.

I’m so excited!!!!

Except I’m up 4 pounds now.

I had a nice talk with the dietitian on Friday. She reminded me of a few things:

1) success is measured at one year. It’s only been one month for me.

2) the slow starters/slow losers have better long term success because the people who lose 20-30-40 pounds the first month are destroying their muscle mass.

3) you will lose inches before pounds, which is interesting. I do see I look smaller and my clothes are super loose.

0B27EA6E-AAD0-4490-9428-45B0865AC732.jpeg

4) scales are stupid, bodies are weird and sometimes nothing makes sense, but I’m doing nothing wrong and to stay the course.

5) she had heard this complaint so often over the years that she knows its part of the process for some (no loss, small losses, scale shows weight up etc). She promises me to just hold on and some people take a month or two to start losing at a steady rate.

6) take miralax with my morning coffee. This is another thing she hears often and she also thinks this is messing up my water balance.

7) slow loss is going to be much better for my skin

So, be warned, there are many mind f*cks involved with this surgery and they start immediately.
Yay for the bike! We've actually upgraded to a Peloton which I'm mentioning because you can use the Peloton app (access to all classes) on any device for $12.99 a month! You can just air the classes on your TV, phone, tablet, whatever, and it'll give you great guidance for the bike.

whitewave

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for the bike! We've actually upgraded to a Peloton which I'm mentioning because you can use the Peloton app (access to all classes) on any device for $12.99 a month! You can just air the classes on your TV, phone, tablet, whatever, and it'll give you great guidance for the bike.
Oh cool thanks.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update. What an interesting progression of things! It sort of sounds like for some people their bodies rebel a bit at first. It shows just how hard the body wants to stay at that setpoint. But you're obviously doing well and still seeing changes, so that's encouraging. Keep up the good work!

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@whitewave How is everything going? Still feeling good about surgery?

I had a sincere discussion with my husband this weekend. It's clear he is against me having surgery. I understand that in his head he is against it because it's scary, so he thinks that by discouraging it he is being loving; he's protecting me from the unknown.

He asked about me seeing a nutritionist. Did you try one before surgery? I feel like it's a waste of time (although insurance would probably require it anyway) because I know what I should eat. It's the volume that's an issue. No diet in the world helps me feel full. I've done WW, Keto, Paleo, LA Weight Loss, and the list goes on. I'm exhausted and depressed.

whitewave

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update. What an interesting progression of things! It sort of sounds like for some people their bodies rebel a bit at first. It shows just how hard the body wants to stay at that setpoint. But you're obviously doing well and still seeing changes, so that's encouraging. Keep up the good work!
Sorry! I didn’t get a notification for this postl. I went to New Orleans, as my son adopted a dog and my son was a nervous first time dog dad lol. Plus, he hadn’t had a baby shower, so I had to go down there and set him up with everything the dog needed.

There is no scale at that house.

I threw up for the first time while there. I ate I guess a heavy dish... chicken cooked in oil and spices (not spicy) and whoa, sleeve did not like that.

Also, I was unable to eat a fish dish, so I’m definitely seeing that the sleeve is there and working and is choosy about certain foods.
I’m still glad I had the surgery. This past week for the first time in years, I had more energy and stamina than I can remember. I actually felt normal.

I tried a nutritionist years ago.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No worries! You don't owe me a reply on any particular timeline or any replies for that matter.

I saw about your granddog on Hangouts. Congrats on your new family member! Dogs are such good companions, and there are so many times I miss having one.

Did the fish bother your stomach as well? I thought proteins were preferred after weight loss surgery.

It would be nice to have more energy. For me it would also be about keeping pain in my back and joints under control so that I could actually exercise more. I'm glad our pool in our community opened so I can do some swimming.

Besides the nutritionist, I've also never tried weight loss pills (except for briefly those Hydroxycut things from years ago which immediately gave me palpations). I figure unless you take those forever they're only going to help as long as you continue to take them.

whitewave

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was the way it was cooked and it had a sauce. I have done well with fish other than this one.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    3ct Round Engagement Ring Upgrade
    3ct Round Engagement Ring Upgrade
    Diamond Clarity: Everything You Need To Know
    Diamond Clarity: Everything You Need To Know
    Wanderlust Woes
    Wanderlust Woes

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.