shape
carat
color
clarity

Gastric Sleeve

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Cardio is def the most important pre-surgery. When I first started after surgery I started with a personal trainer through a physical therapy place. They worked with me to make sure the exercises I was doing were SAFE for me to do. It's obviously not a cheap route but I did it for 3 months to get me going and then I went off on my own.
Well, at my current weight everything is cardio. Doesn't take much to get the heart pumping...

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well, at my current weight everything is cardio. Doesn't take much to get the heart pumping...
I completely understand, my resting heart rate used to hover around 95! The tricky part is getting yourself into a cardio zone and staying there. I personally hate running and I now have a Peloton. I find the bike much more forgiving on the joints and I'm more able to do longer periods. My heart rate now is down to 60 (when not pregnant), my DH rests at 45-50!

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I completely understand, my resting heart rate used to hover around 95! The tricky part is getting yourself into a cardio zone and staying there. I personally hate running and I now have a Peloton. I find the bike much more forgiving on the joints and I'm more able to do longer periods. My heart rate now is down to 60 (when not pregnant), my DH rests at 45-50!
I considered a bike, except they hurt my bum so bad. You would think with all the padding back there it wouldn't be an issue, but after 30 minutes it's quite uncomfortable. But I will start working at finding what things I can do. And wow! You and hubby are doing great! 45 is almost getting too slow.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I considered a bike, except they hurt my bum so bad. You would think with all the padding back there it wouldn't be an issue, but after 30 minutes it's quite uncomfortable. But I will start working at finding what things I can do. And wow! You and hubby are doing great! 45 is almost getting too slow.
You get used to the seat I swear! There's an XXL group for Peloton as well as they can get anyone on that thing comfortably. Yes he is low but he runs over 30 miles a week now and bikes nearly 100 so he's OK :) He's also still quite young (almost 36) so there's no worries.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dr. Chinnappan
Yes he is definitely convenient! And would be in insurance, Thank you!

I did self pay, so I don’t know. Your insurance has to actually cover the surgery. Not all do.

As an update, I am doing well. The nutritionist was right, it took 3 months for my body to settle down and decide to lose.

I’m developing a waist. My rings are spinning, etc. The scale is still in the closet.
Super glad to hear you're having good progress. Developing a waist would be incentive enough for me!!!

@ame Different insurance companies have different thresholds. I believe mine was a BMI over 40 WITH a weight related co-morbidity or a BMI over 50 being enough on its own. My BMI was 54 so I met the requirement with that alone.

I can safely say that binge eating has ended for me!
That's awesome. I don't do a ton of binge eating but I don't seem to have a fullness point.

I believe mine is 35BMI or lower with additional issues. I would be right on the button. I got the packet from one of the centers here but havent done anything.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    What is White Gold?
    What is White Gold?
    Push Present: Engagement Ring Upgrade
    Push Present: Engagement Ring Upgrade
    20th Anniversary Upgrade
    20th Anniversary Upgrade

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.