shape
carat
color
clarity

(Future) Whitby Jet protects (x2)

I think those larimar beads would make a fabulous stand alone necklace!! They're dreamy. And I love the idea of the jet and coral together!! I can't wait to see what you come up with. And, yes, I put simple silver extender chains on all of my beaded necklaces, just to give them some extra wearability. Or in case I want to eat lots of salty, fried foods and blow up like a balloon.

1236088g0hr2ipvh9.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think those larimar beads would make a fabulous stand alone necklace!! They're dreamy. And I love the idea of the jet and coral together!! I can't wait to see what you come up with. And, yes, I put simple silver extender chains on all of my beaded necklaces, just to give them some extra wearability. Or in case I want to eat lots of salty, fried foods and blow up like a balloon.

1236088g0hr2ipvh9.gif
Even though i walk an hour to and an hour from work 4 days a week, i make a living selling doughnuts and pies
We can have what we like for lunch and can take home the leftovers
The bread is to die for
Sigh

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Things are moving along
Still waiting on the 2nd lamair order to come from France
But ive reached out and had a reply already from the lady down south who will knott it up
And she has a range of silver clasps

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Autumn in New England i found the coral this morning
still in its little torn green envelope

I remember why i was so disappointed :lol-2:
But it has a nice gold clasp - i don't care if its plated
Probably a good one to string myself
The coral is smaller than ideal and im not liking the colour much either :lol-2:
In person its a grubby orange pink - maybe its just dirty ?

But it might im hopping turn out to be one of those creations that is greater than the sum of its parts :lol-2:
I guess i would use a bunch of the coral between the jet - a couple of inches maybe ?
I only need a few of these jet beads to add onto the lamair & jet necklace so maybe there will be enough left over for this necklace and also a matching braclete ? (A stretch braclete?)

The irony is not lost on me the coral necklace, as ugly as it is, actually fits :lol-2:
20220602_111324.jpg

I do love the bright red Mediterranean coral, but this color is really lovely too! That's what the color "coral" was named after. I definitely think you could use these guys as spacers!! :cool2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do love the bright red Mediterranean coral, but this color is really lovely too! That's what the color "coral" was named after. I definitely think you could use these guys as spacers!! :cool2:

Thank you
I know nothing about coral except bleached coral in the oceans is a very bad sign
im not even sure if its still legal to harvest corral
we have black corral down south but its definatly now illegal to harvest that

there is no harm done nor no more money need be spent on this one so amything from here on in is a bonus
I must go loup the clasp

Thank you
I know nothing about coral except bleached coral in the oceans is a very bad sign
im not even sure if its still legal to harvest corral
we have black corral down south but its definatly now illegal to harvest that

there is no harm done nor no more money need be spent on this one so amything from here on in is a bonus
I must go loup the clasp

Yes, the harvesting of genuine Mediterranean coral is a controversial topic! You're very right about it being strictly overseen, if not outright prohibited. In the past when I have purchased it, I would always try to be sure it was vintage or recycled. Cherish what you have!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, the harvesting of genuine Mediterranean coral is a controversial topic! You're very right about it being strictly overseen, if not outright prohibited. In the past when I have purchased it, I would always try to be sure it was vintage or recycled. Cherish what you have!

All i can think of is the great barrier reef in Australia ....
And how Captain Cook's Endeavour ran into a lot of trouble with that coral reef

Mine is definatly vintage/ old/ gross/ dusty

So I guess its the right thing to do to not waste it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooo how do you like it?! 10mm is just the right size, IMO.
curtsey.gif

I'll post pictures after tea
I'll get my bead board out - im not really sure how to drive it :lol-2:
of course the bl**dy malachite beads are still too small :wall:
I'll post the malachite (that is what that green African stone is ?:doh: I can't remember and its a bi*ch to spell).:boohoo:
Anyway I'll post the heart I have with the beads next time we get stuck on green in your lovelly rainbow thread

Last edited:
I'll post pictures after tea
I'll get my bead board out - im not really sure how to drive it :lol-2:
of course the bl**dy malachite beads are still too small :wall:
I'll post the malachite (that is what that green African stone is ?:doh: I can't remember and its a bi*ch to spell).:boohoo:
Anyway I'll post the heart I have with the beads next time we get stuck on green in your lovelly rainbow thread

Yes it's malachite and you spelled it right, love! And it's one of my very favorite opaque stones!! Handle that bead board with caution now.
creepaway3.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My eyes are so sore
i have alligies right now and have a touch of conjunctivitis

I think im fairy happy :appl: :appl: :appl:
but oh man i hate these findings
they are so hard so not brass - they are a coopery colour but i hate them
ive still got to get the pin out of each bead
the original necklace was lopsided so i pinched the uneeded centre bead from the fascated necklace ...but im not sure where to put it ?
Yes it's malachite and you spelled it right, love! And it's one of my very favorite opaque stones!! Handle that bead board with caution now.
creepaway3.gif

Tell me about it !
Ive had jet all over the floor - lucky this house has timber flooring - our last place was concrete
When i got to the larmair i remembered how we would disassemble our ruffles into our J hat in the army when out in the feild for cleaning- so i grabbed my cap - that is working well

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is Tibby's old cushion so excise the state of it - its fair game for cats or my bere feet !

See where i have swaped to 10mm lamair - im hoping that will look cohesive when worn

in the daylight tomorrow I'll work on choosing the best coloured armair beads (i so love them)
20220607_201752.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about this for the left overs ? (ideally i do not want to amass a bucket of gemstone beads like @Autumn in New England :lol-2: )

I really dont like the coral, this is much more me and likely to be worn
The malachite is too small for what i want to do with them (have them in a pearl necklace featuring the malachite heart that i got in South Africa) so this will use then up in a way the effort won't be wasted
I'll buy some more next month when i buy more lamair (i want to make a lamair necklace)
20220607_204003.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That jet and malachite would really pop with gold (filled) spacer beads ...
Andi do need to procure some of those for my/mum's tiger eye rope
And they might just give me the length i need (to accommodate fat neck :lol-2: )

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Autumn in New England what size gold filled round spacer beads should i buy ?
For comparison
The small jet are 8mm
the small larmair is 10mm
the small malachite is 6mm
i don't know the size of the tiger eye chips ? 20220607_220028.jpg
I found these ones on etsy from Israel
The freight is about NZ$30 but they are a good price - i could get 200 and have some up my sleeve (but not starting a bucket of beads :lol-2: )
Or should i go smaller ?
I was thinking on the tiger eye id knot every gold bead ?
Screenshot_20220607-220255.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think im going to cry
those lamair beads wern't pparticularly cheap i thought
I briught them because they were larmair and not dyed quartz
why is the inside of my cap blue ?

I sux at buying beads
Are they going to fade or will the colour wash off ?
Will it stain a necklace that includes pearls ?
I wanted to make a necklace
I just feel so disappointed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220608-002018.png
    Screenshot_20220608-002018.png
    420.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220608_002315.jpg
    20220608_002315.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Oh dear, that is unfortunate. It appears they may be dyed quartzite. I'm so sorry for the disappointment! This was an Etsy purchase, yes? They should help you get your money back. It's a jungle out there, my friend! But I still love all of your necklace ideas and stone combos. Looks like you just need some larimar replacements. :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, that is unfortunate. It appears they may be dyed quartzite. I'm so sorry for the disappointment! This was an Etsy purchase, yes? They should help you get your money back. It's a jungle out there, my friend! But I still love all of your necklace ideas and stone combos. Looks like you just need some larimar replacements. :)

I feel so discouraged
I would have thought a European vendor would have been like buying from a NZ or Australian vendor
They must have consumer laws ?
the esty shop had such good reviews for the lamair
I know it wasn't the same quality as what was on my octy but you being bead making quality
It was just so pretty
anyway
Im going to do the scratch test right now
You know im thinking my origional jet was old (and had just had ugly remakes) i was trying to kind of honour it by making it useful and pretty and wearable and happy
Im about to use one of my citrene beads to see if it will scratch a bead
the bead colouring do have lamair characterises
Ive been thinking about this all night

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Did a scratch test
Of course i have no idea what im doing
On the smaller beads some yellowing may have transferred to the lamair
Sigh
There is disclaimer on etsy that etsy wont be held accountable for product that is basically not labeled correctly
I guess ill send the vendor the photo of the inside of my cap

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about this for the left overs ? (ideally i do not want to amass a bucket of gemstone beads like @Autumn in New England :lol-2: )

I really dont like the coral, this is much more me and likely to be worn
The malachite is too small for what i want to do with them (have them in a pearl necklace featuring the malachite heart that i got in South Africa) so this will use then up in a way the effort won't be wasted
I'll buy some more next month when i buy more lamair (i want to make a lamair necklace)
20220607_204003.jpg

@Autumn in New England
Do you think the malachite is real
it was quite exspensive ?

Ive been thinking about fakes
I have dyed $30 bright blue pearls i absolutly love (just wish i knew where i have put them)
So ive been reading and wstching u tube

I don't get fakes ?
Ok maybe not larmair - but some of these stones are not exspensive - i don't see the point of someone going to the trouble of manufacturing fakes ?

Ok off to message the vendor
I hate doing sh*t like this :boohoo:

Did a scratch test
Of course i have no idea what im doing
On the smaller beads some yellowing may have transferred to the lamair
Sigh
There is disclaimer on etsy that etsy wont be held accountable for product that is basically not labeled correctly
I guess ill send the vendor the photo of the inside of my cap

Best of luck, my friend. Do write the seller, but please report it to Etsy as well. I think they may still be willing to intervene if you don't receive any relief from the seller. They do have some form of buyer protection like ebay. Also, if you paid via PP, they may have your back. When you find a replacement for the larimar, post the link here first. I'll be able to tell immediately if they are simulants. Don't be discouraged! You're still a talented beader, and that's what counts!! That vendor just happens to suck.
aww1.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results