shape
carat
color
clarity

(Future) Whitby Jet protects (x2)

What a lovely piece, my friend! I bet it has great movement... and I like the geometry of it. Will you be purchasing it? :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Whitby jet beads arrived

now ive never had a fireplace but i know coal comes in different qualities depending on where it comes from

my jet is a beautiful ..

Well
Jet black

this is kinda brown black like a horse or a dog who isnt actually black when you look at the fur close up

and oh my ...
The beads are so shall
I kinda suck at this
Thank goodness im not buying loose gemstones yet
Im now a bit worried about the size of the larimar beads i have coming
anyway i wss feeling a bit despondent on the walk home
but the advantage to a one hour walk to and from work is its a lot of thinking time
So long as the size of the larimar is ok ive got an idea how to use the (much) smaller jet beads at the ends of the necklace by the catch that might not look to hocky

Now I'm really interested to see this completed project, my friend! The only jet I own is inlayed, but I have a lot of larimar. And I lurrrve it!! :appl:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now I'm really interested to see this completed project, my friend! The only jet I own is inlayed, but I have a lot of larimar. And I lurrrve it!! :appl:

I tell you like a lot of words i have so much trouble spelling larimar :lol-2:

I just looked back at my etsy order
I ordered way too small beads so im about to order some 12mm ones and be done with it

The tiger eye chip beads i ordered are a bit ugly (no yellow bits) - so i guess that makes me love mum's fun rope necklace more - im going to shorten it to make a braclete because its just too long but i wasn't sure i have quite enough beads so ill be able to thinny sprinkle a few of the ugly bits along both lengths

Then the Malachite beads i ordered are pathetically small
i have a heart on a cord i love but don't wear much and some earings that are too heavy so i'm goimg to pull them apart to put in with some pearls as a fun strand ...
Sigh
im not sure it feels anymore

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perhaps i can make some thing with teeny tiny brown jet and teeny tiny larimar
As for the teeny tiny Malachite, as there are only 6 or maybe 8 beads im going to place them at the ends by the clasp

Im getting my threads muddled but its my thread anyway :lol-2:

For reference i have pathetically short and small hands and fingers .... but chubby fingers
20220513_212203.jpg

Attachments

• 20220513_212238.jpg
    20220513_212238.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220513_212148.jpg
    20220513_212148.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 12

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe its not so bad ?
The larimar is going inbetween the black jet
maybe i can come up with some funky pattern once the larimar gets here
but now im not sure to get the 10mm or the 12mm larimar ?
I might sleep on it
20220513_213747.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its because of the freight cost why it seems like im all over the place, if i can get the components for a project thats in the que, it seems dumb to pay shipping twice

Oooo that jet does have a particularly nice luster! I can see what you mean about it being black, but with a sort of ebony sheen. :geek2:

I'm not sure how much malachite you need, but I have some leftover 10mm beads if you want them (I believe there are 17 beads in all). Not sure how the heck we'd get them to NZ though. :lol:

$_57785.JPG

$_57.JPG

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo that jet does have a particularly nice luster! I can see what you mean about it being black, but with a sort of ebony sheen. :geek2:

I'm not sure how much malachite you need, but I have some leftover 10mm beads if you want them (I believe there are 17 beads in all). Not sure how the heck we'd get them to NZ though. :lol:

$_57785.JPG

$_57.JPG

They look lovelly
If you don't have a use for them lets just keep them as an option once i get around to it, thank you and much appeared - or maybe you could use my leftovers?

see this is the thing
what do you do with all the leftovers ?

The citrene beads i got that were much too small (yes there is a pattern emerging here :boohoo: :confused: - a lot like my wardrobe)
Im going to send to my sister- when next we get friendly :lol-2: they were just too tiny - she designs and sells really beautiful wedding dresses and the likes (outfits for the horse racing )
and she loves and it very good at beading

But i dont think jet is suitable for anything but jewlery

The larmair is coming from France
i don't think Air NZ is even flying to anywhere in Europe again yet so it might take ages to arrive

i mean im presently surprised the jet (which came from the US) didn't take too long
At night now in our baddly lite 1950's house (its safe, we have been rewired in the 90s) the jet looks ok together

ive probably never looked at my jet outside in the sun before

Oh well
beads are still eaiser than findings
sigh

Oh yeah... I have an entire bin filled with random, leftover beads. I usually give them away to other beaders or list them for sale once I know I won't use them again.

I'll check back in to see your review of the larimar beads when they arrive! :) Here's a necklace I made a few years back. The larimar barrel beads are quite large and were purchased individually. I bought just enough (they're expensive!). I do have some of the rondelles left, but I don't think they're what you're looking for. The other beads are charoite, phosphosiderite, faceted tanzanite, howlite, pastel amethyst, and blue lace agate. I was going for a sort of celestial theme, as you can see from the sterling beads. lol

Capture7889140.JPG

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah... I have an entire bin filled with random, leftover beads. I usually give them away to other beaders or list them for sale once I know I won't use them again.

I'll check back in to see your review of the larimar beads when they arrive! :) Here's a necklace I made a few years back. The larimar barrel beads are quite large and were purchased individually. I bought just enough (they're expensive!). I do have some of the rondelles left, but I don't think they're what you're looking for. The other beads are charoite, phosphosiderite, faceted tanzanite, howlite, pastel amethyst, and blue lace agate. I was going for a sort of celestial theme, as you can see from the sterling beads. lol

Capture7889140.JPG

That is so pretty
And perfect for your lovelly rainbow thread

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So the fake (glass) jet arrived
Sigh
I brought it in a hurry (lesson learned)
it would have almost been perfect if it was real
it does feel completly different to whitby jet - its hard and cold and heavy
It might make nice xmas decorations or ill send them to my sister
Anyway a wasted order as the citrine beads i ordered are too big to match the amber :wall::wall::wall::eh::eh:

But then i just noticed a message in French on etsy about my larmair- 12mm is out if stock - inventory computer problem - i think 10mm will still be good - it'll still be big enough to go between the jet and provide a contrast in size (and colour of course)

And now my neighbours are having a huge angry domestic between grown males and i was about to take a shower (the bathroom window opens up on that side of the house)

I'm sorry the jet was a bust! But those citrine beads, even if a bit too large, are really beautiful in color. I love the amber too. :kiss2: That would make an incredible fall piece.

Yes, 10mm in the larimar beads is still a really good size. Truthfully, I think it's the perfect bead size. I like chunky too, but I bet you'll do fine with the 10mm! And tell your neighbors to hush!! :shhh::wink2::snore:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Close but no cigar
I'm sorry the jet was a bust! But those citrine beads, even if a bit too large, are really beautiful in color. I love the amber too. :kiss2: That would make an incredible fall piece.

Yes, 10mm in the larimar beads is still a really good size. Truthfully, I think it's the perfect bead size. I like chunky too, but I bet you'll do fine with the 10mm! And tell your neighbors to hush!! :shhh::wink2::snore:

Thank you Autumn (its all quiet now thankfully)
I already had a reply from France and its being sent out today so that's good

I keep thinking about your bucket of gemstone beads and how i dont want a matching one ! :lol-2:

The glass jet and the citrene was close
But no cigar

I can't find my etsy order to see what size of citrene it is so i can order smaller - maybe it was before they made me an account ?
And there is no paperwork in the package
Anyway it will make a more practicable braclete than an amber one not that i was even thinking of one - so maybe they not go to complete waste (yah another project :lol-2: )

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Autumn in New England the citrene is probably big enough for a double knotted braclete - (if i can work out what clasp to buy to make a double
it is very sparkly)
I have an idea for the too small larmair ...adapting a silver necklace ..... that is .....you guessed ...too shall for fat neck :lol-2:
But that is waaaaay down the list

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
At the time you wrote your post it was around 10:20 am ;-)

Thank you
i had to keep hitting the translate into English button (i did geography and history at high school instead of a language)
but the French looked so beautiful just written down :kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The silver fascated beads are here
All the way from China
They look almost but not quite the right size :lol-2:
Well actually no where bl**dy near it :boohoo:
More for the bucket :hand:

This is the necklace that is having the pendent
Ill have to find some bigger beads :doh:

But its going to have to wait a bit as the letter box was also stuffed with bills - that are drying out - its been raining a lot this week - thats ok we needed it but did it have to do it for my annual leave ???
And the letter box had a centerpeed, an earwig and a cockroach in it today plus a couple of ants
Gross me out

See the 2nd to last bead is smaller than the end ? And the knots are ugly as sin
im sure what ever i do to this necklace will be an improvement- no matter how long it takes

Stupid calipers
Battry was flat and then i read the inches side
They should outlaw inches in every country :angryfire:
I must go write on the calipers so it doesn't happen again
20220519_124935.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ordered some 6mm silver fascated beads
Screenshot_20220519-182744.png
By the time you add shipping and GST to pay the NZ govt they will cost way over NZ$1.50 each
But 20 should be more than enough
Fingers crossed these look better

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Capture7889140.JPG

This is my inspiration that things do get finished and get worn

That's exactly the thing I like about bead necklaces, @Daisys and Diamonds. They're super therapeutic to make, but also so effortless to wear. I reach for them time and time again. I think these are going to be lovely pieces when you're done, and you'll get a lot of wear out of them. I'm really digging the new silver beads you ordered! :mrgreen2:

Now, please run off the creepy crawlies in your mailbox!! :eek2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's exactly the thing I like about bead necklaces, @Daisys and Diamonds. They're super therapeutic to make, but also so effortless to wear. I reach for them time and time again. I think these are going to be lovely pieces when you're done, and you'll get a lot of wear out of them. I'm really digging the new silver beads you ordered! :mrgreen2:

Now, please run off the creepy crawlies in your mailbox!! :eek2:

Thank you =)2
actually we usually collect the mail witj bug spray in hand, i just forgot today

Perhaps i can use the citrene beads to learn to knot ?
Or at least have a crack at it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess this thread should now be called current Whitby jet projects :lol-2:

So the larmair must have been what i saw a notification for this week - im still learning how to drive the etsy website

I'm kind of confussed what size this is
its the first order - its my first order (but they look too big)
I can't work out my calipers and they are flat anyway
So im going to try and be patient and sit back and wait for the 2nd order to arrive
But i love these
i think i want a stand alone larmair necklace
The colour isnt quite as nice as the octy but its still a really nice faded denim kind of blue
I will definatly get enough really nice beads out of this strand
I think i want to also get the smaller size (to go with the smaller jet beads ) but i must hold my horses and just wait

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also thank you @Autumn in New England
Thanks to your lovelly rainbow thread i now think i know what im going to do with the balance of the smaller recently purchesed Whitby jet beads (that im using with the larmair to lengthen the above necklace - those ugly joinner things between beads are going
)

Somewhere i have some rather small (another internet buy that turned out to be too small :lol-2: surprise surprise :boohoo: ) coral beads
They are still in the little white envelope they came in somewhere in my dutchess
I was so disgusted with the size i never took them out of their packet
But they would make good ... almost spacer beads with the contrast in colour
I have some earings i think are coral and onxy im drawing on for inspiration
i have seen them in the last couple of months
The coral and the jet have a similar mohs level/ thingy thingy
-im not buying anything extra - not one thing - if its too short for fat neck ill just use a simple silver chain extender

Ill post a pictute once i find then

Anyway thanks again
i just needed to get my thoughts down !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results