shape
carat
color
clarity

(Future) Whitby Jet protects (x2)

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I hope this is the right forum
im confident its genuine Jet although i very much doubt the rather ugly settings are origonal or antique

i over payed x2

Both lengths are way too short for me - its not chocker or collar length- its more middle ages/ weird sex fettish torture length - neither will even do up on me - i need about another 6 inches give or take a bead

ive never even reopened the package since i got them, till today
They are actually nicer than i remember (possibly because ive forgot how much i actually paid)

Anyway im just planning future projects so when i place a bead order i can kill a few birds with the one stone
im not going to be broke forever and i want to hit the ground running

So if anyone has the time in the busy lead up to Christmas or when ever i appteated any ideas or thoughts

Anyway im wondering how i can extend them ?

The one with the round beads has rather grown on me (i know one day i need Wilma Flintstone pearls)

The jet is in really good condition and is more satin than matt ....so

*Im thinking satin finish silver beads in graduating sizes ever 2 jet beads ?

*Or i think i really want pearls but for the size of the jet i think it would be too exspensive to match the condition of the jet to the quality of the pearls ?
I havn't really desided if i want the added beads to be a complimentary colour or a contrasting colour

Im going to just be getting it reset in silver (as opposed to that gross plated what ever it is at the moment

* or tourquoise beads - but i would want beautuful blue tourquoise and it might be too exspensive

*or amethyst beads

* or pink quartz

*or maybe even amber or red garnet
but I think i prefer the idea of an opaque stone

Attachments

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I take dreadful pictures ....
(I buy my phones with music quality not picture quality top of my list ;)2 )

Anyway anyway
this is the 2nd one

i gotta admit ive been very taken with some (who am i kidding - all) of @MakingTheGrade 's projects

these are graduated fasceted jet
again more satin that mat so probably not mourning jewlery
Again i need at least 6 more inches but im keen for longer

Any ideas ?
Please and thank you

I'd get this one knotted
im not at all keen on the little spacer beads in between so I'll need for length again
20201215_194248.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I definatly want to go with an opaque stone
i came across strawberry quartz
Screenshot_20210114-140913.png I though it might be worth the risk rather than get a rose quartz that is more white than pink
Havn't seen anything over 14mm though

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I love the strawberry quartz! I've never seen pink with speckles, only the clear with red speckled faceted stones.

Ive never even heard of it before but i love strawberries :mrgreen2:

Not that i want a red colour, ill just pick the pinker ones i like best that match - providing i can get bigger beads

Hmmmm is the spackle why its called strawberry quartz ?

They are cheap enough
I want to do a long station necklase with rose quartz so maybe ill just use these instead

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I admit i don't know what im doing :lol:
I don't want to cheapen the antique Whitby jet with cheaper stones but i also don't want to unbalance the cost the other way either

I was also thinking the Edison type pearls
You know if i dont win lotto and can't get the Taiwanese gem silica :lol:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Ive never even heard of it before but i love strawberries :mrgreen2:

Not that i want a red colour, ill just pick the pinker ones i like best that match - providing i can get bigger beads

Hmmmm is the spackle why its called strawberry quartz ?

They are cheap enough
I want to do a long station necklase with rose quartz so maybe ill just use these instead

This is where I first heard of it and what I thought itvlooked like. Screenshot_20210113-204446_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
Isn't jet too soft to even wear? As coal, it's ridiculously soft, right? I don't think I would string quartz-y gems next to it.
Agreed and good point

but Its not quite a station necklase
it has those findings that screw in then some chain
I was going to replicate that but in silver so nothing will touch the jet

The fascated necklae im going to get it knotted like pearls ...im hoping that will be enough

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
Good point! Me too!

I just hate it sitting there unwarn (well both of them)
I really doubt the one with the round beads is antique - the jet is completly perfect and the findings look modern
The fascated necklase maybe - its quite a bit too short

I thought about adding a pendent and Ive looked on line at Whitby Jet in actually Whitby England but i see a lot of modern styles - i mean i don't want morning jewlery but i don't want a complete mismatch of styles and eras either, (but also its in UK pounds and i avoid UK pounds where ever possible) - because if its ugly ill never wear it
and the whole point is to make it wearable so I'll wear it

When i originally brought them i had invisinged (possibly in a drunken moment) to merge them into one necklase but that is just not visually appealing (what was i thinking ???)

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
    Diamond Prices - January 2021
    Diamond Prices - January 2021
    The Magic of Pink and Blue Diamonds
    The Magic of Pink and Blue Diamonds

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.