clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am wondering if you guys have bought ever from this Ebay seller:
finescentsllc
https://www.ebay.com/usr/finescentsllc

He is based in the US, has a high rating, and sells lots of Creeds, Frederic Malle, Clive Christian, Xerjoff, etc and of course Amouage testers.

I found an Ubar tester, kind of wanting to purchase it, but what if it's a fake :lol:. I've never bought Amouage testers or Amouage on Ebay so I'm not too confident. I like Ubar enough to pay what he's charging for unboxed testers, but not enough to pay say, Fragrancex pricing.

s-l1600 (1).jpg :razz: s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600.jpg

$146 for 100ml tester Amouage. I think the price is really good! Or too good to be true?

Untitled.jpg

What do you think....do you think his store looks legit? I think the bottle doesn't look fake but
I've never purchased any Amouage testers so what do I know....

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No 'fume today - dr's appt at 1pm.

Maybe later? I'm pondering my Versace Crystal Noir, but it's SO heavy for the heat, so maybe not.

I may just continue to parade around naked today. ;-)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wondering if you guys have bought ever from this Ebay seller:
finescentsllc
https://www.ebay.com/usr/finescentsllc

He is based in the US, has a high rating, and sells lots of Creeds, Frederic Malle, Clive Christian, Xerjoff, etc and of course Amouage testers.

I found an Ubar tester, kind of wanting to purchase it, but what if it's a fake :lol:. I've never bought Amouage testers or Amouage on Ebay so I'm not too confident. I like Ubar enough to pay what he's charging for unboxed testers, but not enough to pay say, Fragrancex pricing.

s-l1600 (1).jpg :razz: s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600.jpg

$146 for 100ml tester Amouage. I think the price is really good! Or too good to be true?

Untitled.jpg

What do you think....do you think his store looks legit? I think the bottle doesn't look fake but
I've never purchased any Amouage testers so what do I know....

Fragrancenet has Ubar for 148 (retail box) I've purchased a lot from them in my own defense....lol

How to get 37% off:

Go to google shopping
https://www.google.com/shopping

type in the name of the thing you want, in this case Amouage Ubar then click enter.
You should see one show up for 148.04 (that would be fragrancenet.)
Once there you'll get 37% off. (the coupon gets added to your shopping bag.

Shipping will be free in the US (but of course!) I will be up front, if I had to spend a couple of more on a decent box, I probably would...:cry2::lol::lol-2:

FNet shipping can be a bit...slow. used to be 3 days when I lived in the NE, now its more like 10 to Florida.

You also might be able to find it cheaper through google shopping, its worth looking around.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing PdR Amoureuse. I haven't been outside much so....:lol: I do adore this scent though!

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wearing ELDO Marquis de Sade today. A very green, pungent incense. Great stuff.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Malle's Iris Poudre today. Maybe not so summery, but I was poking around in my perfume drawer, and this one smelled good today, so it is now wafting from my person. :))

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Malle's Iris Poudre today. Maybe not so summery, but I was poking around in my perfume drawer, and this one smelled good today, so it is now wafting from my person. :))

I like that one. Not very iris-y, but still lovely. I think it's fairly summery.

What's on everyone's wishlist at the moment? I want so many things, alas, not the funds to buy them:

1. Angel Muse EDT - I hate the EDP, but this one is just fruity and fun and it makes me happy.
2. Theorema - I found a source that still has a full bottle in the box, but it's $$$$$
3. Chloe Nomade - an unusual pick for me, as it's very crowd-pleasing, but I like the new-style-chypre when done well
4. Mugler Aura shower cream - y'all already know how much I love this one. I got a 50ml shower cream in the giftset I bought with the EDP, and it's such a tease - only a half-dozen uses. I want a big, big bottle. But who can justify $60 shower gel??? (me, probably)
5. Twilly - it's just so good, and unlike anything I own.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fragrancenet has Ubar for 148 (retail box) I've purchased a lot from them in my own defense....lol

How to get 37% off:

Go to google shopping
https://www.google.com/shopping

type in the name of the thing you want, in this case Amouage Ubar then click enter.
You should see one show up for 148.04 (that would be fragrancenet.)
Once there you'll get 37% off. (the coupon gets added to your shopping bag.

Shipping will be free in the US (but of course!) I will be up front, if I had to spend a couple of more on a decent box, I probably would...:cry2::lol::lol-2:

FNet shipping can be a bit...slow. used to be 3 days when I lived in the NE, now its more like 10 to Florida.

You also might be able to find it cheaper through google shopping, its worth looking around.

Thanks for the tip! I will look into Fragrancenet. The only problem is I don't live in the US and I vaguely remember using them years ago and getting hit with massive duties and brokerage fees. :(sad i swear the hardest part of online ordering for me is to find a vendor that will ship via USPS rather than courier and knows how to fill out the paperwork so I don't pay a ridiculous fee for nothing.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like that one. Not very iris-y, but still lovely. I think it's fairly summery.

What's on everyone's wishlist at the moment? I want so many things, alas, not the funds to buy them:

For me that would be the MDCI Chypre Palatin Limoges bottle, Frederic Malle Angeliques Sous La Pluie and Tom Ford Santal Blush.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the tip! I will look into Fragrancenet. The only problem is I don't live in the US and I vaguely remember using them years ago and getting hit with massive duties and brokerage fees. :(sad i swear the hardest part of online ordering for me is to find a vendor that will ship via USPS rather than courier and knows how to fill out the paperwork so I don't pay a ridiculous fee for nothing.

Oh yeah there is that. Are you in Canada? (if I mispoke my apologies!!) I never bought from the guy on ebay but it does look genuine. When I smartened up I have bought White Box Amouages. The big ol "TESTER" sticker on the back is something I've never seen with the brand (mine never had that)

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah there is that. Are you in Canada? (if I mispoke my apologies!!) I never bought from the guy on ebay but it does look genuine. When I smartened up I have bought White Box Amouages. The big ol "TESTER" sticker on the back is something I've never seen with the brand (mine never had that)

Ya right now I am living in Canada. It's not too bad ordering from the US, as long as the vendor ships using USPS. I think I will take a chance and order from that ebay guy and see how it turns out! I know what you mean about the tester sticker. I am wondering if that sticker was put on by the ebay guy for his store inventory purpose or something. Because I can kinda see thru the sticker and it looks like there is a more normal looking label underneath that big sticker.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

1. Angel Muse EDT - I hate the EDP, but this one is just fruity and fun and it makes me happy.
2. Theorema - I found a source that still has a full bottle in the box, but it's $$$$$
3. Chloe Nomade - an unusual pick for me, as it's very crowd-pleasing, but I like the new-style-chypre when done well
4. Mugler Aura shower cream - y'all already know how much I love this one. I got a 50ml shower cream in the giftset I bought with the EDP, and it's such a tease - only a half-dozen uses. I want a big, big bottle. But who can justify $60 shower gel??? (me, probably)
5. Twilly - it's just so good, and unlike anything I own.

My "wish list".... more like a wish spreadsheet:lol:

I'm in a good enough place that I never have to buy anything else and still have plenty of perfume to wear (which is really sad if you think about it:eek-2::lol-2:) I'm making such good progress on finally emptying bottles that I feel like I'm on a roll. Yeah, lets see how long that lasts before I buy anything else!

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
lol - I hear ya.

And I DEFINITELY don't *need* any more perfumes - I'm sure the volume I have could never be finished by one person in an entire lifetime (and statistically half my life is over). But *want* - that's another thing.

I'll try not to get overly sentimental - but perfume is basically my life. It's the only artform that is easily accessible, always changing, and (relatively) affordable. Without it, I couldn't go on. And even though I have a list of probably 50 perfumes I would consider "perfect", I always yearn for the next new thing. I'm like a junky - I need my fix, and I need it to be new and creative.:loopy:

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hey y'all...hope everyone in the midst of a heatwave is surviving!

Wearing Angel Muse EDT today. Lovely stuff. Luckily our weather isn't too hot at the moment, otherwise this would be a bad choice. :eek2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ex Nihilo (sample) Fleur Narcotique. Wow. Can't believe I can smell this hours later. Nothing lasts on me! I rode 14 kms on my bike and I can still smell it! Too bad I can't identify what it is.... lol.... peach I think.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain Neroli Outrenoir which is GORGEOUS!!!!!!:kiss2: Neroli, citrus notes, smoked tea, vanilla, oakmoss. YUMMY! How the heck they make citrus continue for 12 hours is a mystery (but its sooo goood!!!)

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Mugler Aura again for me today. Sweet green gorgeousness. :mrgreen:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's rainy and cool (for around here in late July anyway) so I'm back to the Aliage. Mossy green gorgeousness! :mrgreen: ;))

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's rainy and cool (for around here in late July anyway) so I'm back to the Aliage. Mossy green gorgeousness! :mrgreen: ;))

I saw Devin for a good deal recently - it's supposed to be the "masculine" version of Aliage...I think I'd still rather have the women's. :lol-2::mrgreen::mrgreen2: Love the green!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I put on Sisley Soir de Lune. I am regretting it a little now because I really don't like honey...I really have to be in the mood for it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I put on Guerlain Nuit D'Amour and broke out in hives. So.... a niece is going to get a barely used bottle..:roll2::cry2:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wearing Bottega Veneta EDP today. I feel like this scent is so fleeting!

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wearing Bottega Veneta EDP today. I feel like this scent is so fleeting!

I've yet to try this one (although I tried their "exclusive" line and wasn't all that impressed).

Wearing Mitsouko today. A bit of the extrait, which is super peachy, and the EDP, which is my favourite concentration. I've gone through so many bottles of Mitsouko that at this point, it doesn't give me the joy it once did - it just sort of smells like "me". :sleep:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've yet to try this one (although I tried their "exclusive" line and wasn't all that impressed).

Wearing Mitsouko today. A bit of the extrait, which is super peachy, and the EDP, which is my favourite concentration. I've gone through so many bottles of Mitsouko that at this point, it doesn't give me the joy it once did - it just sort of smells like "me". :sleep:

I wish I could smell Mitsouko. I'm largely anosmic to both EdP and EdT! I don't know how that's possible....The Bottega Veneta is nothing to write home about, I just wear it to work. I can blame my leather bag or leather whatever when somebody says they smell leather that way.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I wish I could smell Mitsouko. I'm largely anosmic to both EdP and EdT! I don't know how that's possible....The Bottega Veneta is nothing to write home about, I just wear it to work. I can blame my leather bag or leather whatever when somebody says they smell leather that way.

Realllllyyyy?? I find it quite powerful - I rarely put on more than one spray.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Cartier Basier Vole. Its hard to find a true oriental lily thats on the greener side. This is really really lovely though quite austere.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Reliving my high school years with CK One last night - I was almost embarrassed to wear it on the train, I felt like other people knew I was wearing something so dated. That being said, I still really like it.

Also started wearing a tiny spritz of Guerlain's Eau de Fleurs de Cedrat in the morning. It's all gone by the time I get to work, so I don't think I'm breaking the scent-free rules.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is a mix; Haute Parfums Man!Darrin, Marc Jacobs Pear, and Lubin Akkad This smells REALLY good! probably the best mix I've done in a while.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Today is a mix; Haute Parfums Man!Darrin, Marc Jacobs Pear, and Lubin Akkad This smells REALLY good! probably the best mix I've done in a while.

Wow, that's quite a mix! I rarely layer anything...I'm not creative enough.

Mugler Muse EDT for me today. I dare say that this is the perfect fruity-floral. o_O

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results