cheers--Sharon

I have this but hardly wear it. A shame considering I actually LIKE it....lol

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've always preferred L'Artisan's fig, but I'm not really a fig person.

Armani Ambre Soie for me today. :wavey:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got me a bottle of Guerlain Elixir Charnel Boise Torride I tried this way back in 2010 and though its sweet, I really really liked it. Fast forward to 2015 when it was discontinued in 2015 and it fell off the radar. Was lucky to get a bottle (tester) for under 100 bucks (score!!), which is something considering what its going for on Ebay! (I've seen 499.00:eek2:)

At some point oakmoss was replaced with patchouli in this one. Hm....I can't tell the difference (maybe my scent memory is fuzzy) The scent floats above skin. And its strong. A little too sweet at first and probably sweeter than I remember (but I did spray a lot:mrgreen: As its so hot and sticky, I need to be more careful with that trigger. This stuff is strong and proably not meant for this time of year...:sick: So I will have to be careful next time.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm not a fig person either. I have the old EDT, which is more woody and more figtree than actual fig.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I prefer L'artisan too except it turns sour on me... The milky aspect smells sour once I spray on me.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Fig is tricky - it's basically one (very potent) aromachemical (from my limited understanding). If the perfumer focuses too much on the fig, it ends up like Heeley's - literally just fig. On the other hand, it seems like everyone else tries to play up the creaminess, and it turns into coconut cream pie.

I assume it's a european thing to have a fondness/nostalgia for fig - I hadn't tried one until I was an adult, so the the constant push for fig perfumes is a bit lost on me.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

So little of fragrance lasts on me these days--I'd be happy with trees, fruit, nuts, or anything!!!

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing Balmain Vent Vert (new version) this morning

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wearing Balmain Vent Vert (new version) this morning

VV has changed so much over the years that I can't even tell what's the old, the middle, or the new.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VV has changed so much over the years that I can't even tell what's the old, the middle, or the new.

The version I have is the one with the discoball/golfball on top which is the latest. I like that one. I've had earlier versions before. The one from the 80's was just plain bad though. Earlier ones (if in good condition) are really nice but smell like the era they're from. (I don't always mind that but hmmm for this one it can be a bit much)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Kiehl's Vanilla Cedarwood. There's still limited supply on their website. It smells amazing but really much more along the lines of a body spray than a perfume.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm back in Mauboussin again.

I took a look at my collection - it's predominantly orientals. I'm curious about everyone else - what makes up most of your wardrobe?

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Not sure if y'all heard, but Luca Turin's "Perfumes: The Guide" (2018 edition) was released. A good read!

In honor of one of the 5-star reviews, wearing Narciso today. I feel like a jar of whipped marshmallow.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For many years I wore lots of orientals that were heavy on the floral aspects. I still do, but tastes are changing and strangely enough, I'm going sweeter.:eek2: I blame environment :mrgreen2::lol-2:

I don't always like sweet though for instance vanilla must still be pretty dry because I don't want to smell like cereal...lol And super sweet scents down here can and do draw bugs. Nasty!

I of course love love love florals, but they have to be lighter for me to really enjoy. I sometimes miss the heavier florals.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popping in to say hi to everyone. It's been a long hot stretch here in the NE and we are mainly cycling these days that we are at the shore so no perfume wearing for me and my internet free time has been lacking so I wanted to say hello and will catch up soon.

Interesting fact. I four out one of my genetic mutations makes me extra sensitive to smells. Explains a lot especially how I find many smells overwhelming and too much for my delicate senses. That and hearing both affected. Weird but true and makes sense in hindsight.

Hope everyone is smelling beautifully and enjoying beautiful smelling things. :sun:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you're enjoying life @missy Its too damn short as it is. I try not to spend so much time indoors but the humidity and biting flies.....blah!!!

Today I'm wearing Chanel Bois de Isles.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting fact. I four out one of my genetic mutations makes me extra sensitive to smells. Explains a lot especially how I find many smells overwhelming and too much for my delicate senses. That and hearing both affected. Weird but true and makes sense in hindsight.
I'm really sorry you have to deal with these health issues!!

I really feel you regarding the sense of smell... mine is very sharp and it's a not of a burden sometimes... worst part: it got even sharper when pregnant, so that I could smell lots of weird nuances and kind of knew what dogs must experience in cities. It truly influenced my decision not to have a dog while we were living in an urban environment. Just TOO MUCH for their noses.

Been living exclusively in Myrrhe Eglantine - lovely lovely lovely in the hear. But nothing new for the fumies.
Sioo : Hello dear fragrant friends:wavey:

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hi everyone - I see I've not been the only one ignoring this thread lately. It's been stupid hot here as well.

Sorry to hear about health issues - hope it gets better.

If you guys haven't been keeping up with the blogs - Luca Turin has released his latest books of reviews. I highly recommend it (if you're not sensitive about your fav potentially getting trashed)! It's good fun, although I've not heard of most of the new perfume houses, it's still a fun read.

That being said, I blind bought a bottle of Shiseido's "Ever Bloom", which he dubs "Barbie tears" that he recommends to the "average guy". That being me, I thought I'd give it a shot. I could use some pretty in my life - will report back with results. :P2

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've not actually been wearing perfume as much. Its less about the heat and more about the humidity! Florida is a giant sweaty armpit in the summer, and not too many hold out in this type of stuff. I've been wearing either bath and bodyworks Lemongrass and Sage (discontinued) or Nest Orange Blossom (discontinued), or Prada Ambree which is a super dry amber with citrus (also discontinued). I tried Molinard Habanita L'esprit and oooo noooo wet soggy powder....lol it was fine indoor but outdoors not so much!

And I finished my bottle of Beige. Its one of the few that really loves this soupy type weather.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing a layering of Man! Darrin! and Van Cleefs Ambre Imperial. I smell like a sweet orange tree now...:P2:lol-2:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been awol for a bit. The last 10 days have had a portion of the morning (before 9, and more like before 8am) devoted to me sitting on a chair on the lawn, armed with a GIANT screwdriver, digging up dallisgrass, of which I had a horrible overabundance. And it's been stupid hot and humid for all of that time. We got over 8 inches of rain in the month of June, and all of a sudden it dawned on me: dig that stuff NOW, because once the drought comes back (it always does) the yard will turn to dried concrete, and I'll have missed it again for another year.

Anyhoo, so hot I've not been in the mood for much in the way of perfume. Still, today I'm wearing Daisy. It's easy. I'm all about the easy today.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wearing Shiseido's Ever Bloom (on Luca Turin's suggesiton). Lovely stuff - wish it got more attention. Hideous bottle, dumb name, wrong target audience. Kind of a waste of the perfumer's talent.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gross, and humid. Not really hotter than normal though. I wore Guerlain Flora Nymphea. was perfect for today.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Testing Angel Muse EDT.

Summer is NOT the time to test Angel. :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm doing more of the same from yesterday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results