shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Boucheron again for me today. I need to stock up on this soon.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lorelei our weather
pants.gif
again today. OMG. Must break out my hot weather perfumes as everything here is going
pants.gif

1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

Hahaha!!!!

I hope your pantsy weather improves soon! Sunny afternoon here with a chilly breeze = perfect.:dance:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Terre d'Hermes EDP for today

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coco EDP today - weather's still pants.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coco EDP today - weather's still pants.

Weather is quite pants here too.
pants.gif
Hitting over 90 degrees F today.
1237378tapy7m6a6j.gif

No perfume for me this morning because we might be cycling soon. Though if it is too warm out we will do some hiking/walking instead.

Last night I sprayed my favorite La Vanilla Lavender and ooh la la. It is such a peaceful fragrance. I know it is simple and low brow (haha low brow and I am no brow :lol:) but I love it and it just makes me feel zen and restful which is perfect for bedtime.

Hope everyone has a lovely fragrant day.:wavey:

And @Arcadian I am thinking of you and hoping you are healing and feeling much better. Gentle hugs.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dune for me today! The smell of sand and sadness. :boohoo:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weather is quite pants here too.
pants.gif
Hitting over 90 degrees F today.
1237378tapy7m6a6j.gif

No perfume for me this morning because we might be cycling soon. Though if it is too warm out we will do some hiking/walking instead.

Last night I sprayed my favorite La Vanilla Lavender and ooh la la. It is such a peaceful fragrance. I know it is simple and low brow (haha low brow and I am no brow :lol:) but I love it and it just makes me feel zen and restful which is perfect for bedtime.

Hope everyone has a lovely fragrant day.:wavey:

And @Arcadian I am thinking of you and hoping you are healing and feeling much better. Gentle hugs.

Bloody hell - how do you stand it Missy???:eek2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bloody hell - how do you stand it Missy???:eek2:

I’m from brooklyn. We brooklyn girls have to be tough. :lol:

35914173-2519-41E5-AEBA-9692DC8EA534.gif

That and I stay inside with the AC most of the day. :cool2:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must be, I'd never stand it, mind you though the only air conditioning English houses normally have are open windows. Once it hits eighty degrees, it's awful.:oops:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must be, I'd never stand it, mind you though the only air conditioning Eng lish houses normally have are open windows. Once it hits eighty degrees, it's awful.:oops:

A close dear friend who lives in Dorset England was telling me about one unseasonably hot summer she slept in her car many nights with the AC on as her home has no ac. I was worried sick when she did that but thank goodness she remained safe. I am not so tough that I could survive the warm weather without some form of cool AC.

Lorelei, you are invited to our Jersey Shore home with central AC anytime.
In fact we would love to have you as our guest. :appl::wavey:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A close dear friend who lives in Dorset England was telling me about one unseasonably hot summer she slept in her car many nights with the AC on as her home has no ac. I was worried sick when she did that but thank goodness she remained safe. I am not so tough that I could survive the warm weather without some form of cool AC.

Lorelei, you are invited to our Jersey Shore home with central AC anytime.
In fact we would love to have you as our guest. :appl::wavey:

You are such a darling, thank you!!!

That might have been the summer of 2006, that was awful for heat and what were we doing?? Painting the exterior of the house.:rolleyes:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love Dune, I'll have to get mine out.

I really love Dune as well. I have an EDT in the first bottle design, but it doesn't smell as good as how I remember it from the 90s. I remember it being as being way more floral in the old days.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing Amouage Beloved today. This is what I hoped Aromatics Elixir would smell like on me!

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I really love Dune as well. I have an EDT in the first bottle design, but it doesn't smell as good as how I remember it from the 90s. I remember it being as being way more floral in the old days.

It's never been overtly floral to me - although they are definitely present.

if you're into the dorky stuff behind the scenes, the formula is almost 50% galaxolide (musk) and hedione (jasmine isolate (which doesn't really smell very floral ironically)...the rest being mostly orris root with vanillin/sandalwood/patchouli, with a big dose of Stemone (leafy-green aromachemical) in the topnotes. It's also contains rose & jasmine, as most perfumes do, but I don't really smell them...it all just works together seamlessly.

More nerdy facts - the original formula was created by a lady named Nejla Barbir, but allegedly tweaked, and most often attributed to her co-worker Jean-Louis Sieuzac. She didn't have a lot of successful perfumes attributed to her - but he, on the other hand, created Opium, Fahrenheit, Bel Ami, Oscar, and Or Black, amongst others. It was also rumoured that Dominic Ropion worked on the final formula (famed for creating things like Carnal Flower, Amarige, Ysatis, Kenzo Jungle, La Vie est Belle, Alien, Safari, Flower Bomb, etc. etc. etc.)

I could probably talk about Dune all day.....

EDIT - I may have mixed up who did the first draft and who did the revision - I'm getting old and forgetful.

Last edited:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alas I have all y'all beat in the heat category. There are virtually zero homes here without AC because the summers are usually hellish. We (the collective we) usually don't start noting that it's hot until it's over 95 - kind of like how we don't say it's windy until it's over about 15mph. It pretty often hits over 100. Summers of '80, '98, and '11 were particularly awful, with whole months worth of days that hit over 100. The summer of '98 was particularly fun because I was house hunting that year. Misery.

I used to be ok with heat - I could hang outside without just dying. I even used to go bicycling in 95. But age and MS have done a job on that ability. Now I go inside about mid-May, or as I say - I crawl under a rock, and pretty much don't come out until mid-September.

Today I haven't decided what to wear. Will decide later, since we're going out to a nice dinner and I must have something on, right? :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thank you. I did try Prada No2 which caused some issues. No 4 was fine as was no 5 and 7, so I will rotate those around along with some EO's I have.

Today though I'm scent free as I have had one nasty headache. My D-Dimer is going down which means I'm on the road to some normalicy though my lungs are still irritated as heck.

Here's how bad it is: I tried to have a ginger beer last night with dinner and had a hellified coughing fit. :roll2::cry2:.
And certain spices do indeed cause fits of coughing so, will keep it all to a dull roar.

So for now, I just roll out with masks on...the cool part of that is I bought some for when I do the yard work which always causes some irritation and at least these are washable.

today's mask:
https://www.amazon.com/Breathe-Adju..._rd_wg=aUB6A&refRID=ME0F44E291P0DWRC9QMR&th=1

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@missy thank you. I did try Prada No2 which caused some issues. No 4 was fine as was no 5 and 7, so I will rotate those around along with some EO's I have.

Today though I'm scent free as I have had one nasty headache. My D-Dimer is going down which means I'm on the road to some normalicy though my lungs are still irritated as heck.

Here's how bad it is: I tried to have a ginger beer last night with dinner and had a hellified coughing fit. :roll2::cry2:.
And certain spices do indeed cause fits of coughing so, will keep it all to a dull roar.

So for now, I just roll out with masks on...the cool part of that is I bought some for when I do the yard work which always causes some irritation and at least these are washable.

today's mask:
https://www.amazon.com/Breathe-Adju..._rd_wg=aUB6A&refRID=ME0F44E291P0DWRC9QMR&th=1

What's a D-Dimer? Do you typically have to wear a mask??

And @ksinger MS???

I'm so confused and concerned!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a post up but deleted it. its not the right place forr it.

Anyway no cause for concern, I'm totally on the mend, its just an allergen issue.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alas I have all y'all beat in the heat category. There are virtually zero homes here without AC because the summers are usually hellish. We (the collective we) usually don't start noting that it's hot until it's over 95 - kind of like how we don't say it's windy until it's over about 15mph. It pretty often hits over 100. Summers of '80, '98, and '11 were particularly awful, with whole months worth of days that hit over 100. The summer of '98 was particularly fun because I was house hunting that year. Misery.

I used to be ok with heat - I could hang outside without just dying. I even used to go bicycling in 95. But age and MS have done a job on that ability. Now I go inside about mid-May, or as I say - I crawl under a rock, and pretty much don't come out until mid-September.

Today I haven't decided what to wear. Will decide later, since we're going out to a nice dinner and I must have something on, right? :)

Karen I feel ya. I cannot tolerate the heat or the cold. I feel like I am never (rarely) comfortable. I was melting today and could not attempt cycling. I have progressive pigmentary purpuric disease and when I get hot this is what happens. My blood vessels leak blood and it's more painful than it looks. For a month plus every time I get a reaction.

rashjuly2017.jpg

All this is to say I can empathize if not totally get what you are experiencing. I find as I keep adding Autoimmune diseases I learn to adapt to my new "normal". These past 2 months alone I added 3 new diseases. Scarring alopecia, Hashimoto's and some sort of mercury poisoning. #cannotmakethisstuffup

Keeping you in my thoughts. Also hope your SIL is doing ok as she can be. (((hugs))).

today's mask:

@Arcadian sending you bucketloads of healing dust and gentle hugs. There really are no words but to say I am thinking of you. And share whatever you want to share here. I find it helpful when I share. You know what they say. Sorrow shared is sorrow halved and joy shared is joy doubled.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I had a post up but deleted it. its not the right place forr it.

Anyway no cause for concern, I'm totally on the mend, its just an allergen issue.

Probably none of my beeswax anyway. Glad to hear it's just allergies. :)

Sorry to hear you ladies are dealing with all these issues - I guess I'm new around here so I've missed much of the history.

20180423_120353.jpg
Here's a picture of my 8 mo. old kitten Fred-Fred to make everyone feel better. Always pay your cat-tax.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love Fred-Fred!! Fluffy kitty!! Sigh...will be waiting for mine for a good while still. Must.be.patient.

Thanks for the kind words Missy, and I'm sorry you have so many new "things" to deal with, along with some of the older issues. That blood vessel leaking sounds truly awful. I just LOOK like that (on my face, neck, chest, arms) as a medication reaction, which looks bad and is mildly annoying and then goes away in about half an hour.

I can handle cold, but heat, well heat is the pits. I'm lucky that I just feel weak and wobbly, but that I don't have what they call a pseudo-exacerbation when I get hot. That's where a neurological symptom you had that healed up, comes roaring back when you get hot. It can be life-threatening for those it happens to. All of a sudden they fall down and don't have the strength to get up, that sort of thing.

And don't worry about me DP, I'm good. Like others here, certain things - in my case MS - are just a fact of life. I'm doing OK, all things considered. One thing that annoys me mightily though, is when it messes with my sense of smell. Grrrrr! ;))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm all for sharing @missy (at least some things) but I wrote A BOOK. In the grand scheme of things I have very little to complain about, though like many I have had my fair share or life's hard knocks.

@ksinger, I hate anything that messes up my good time. These darn allergies has messed up my good time. Let me just say I'm glad I'm not allergic to jasmine. Right now its blooming (it smells amazing) if I go outside (and wear a mask) I'm ok to smell it. I can't exactly open the windows right now though its certain cool enough! heck last night was a breezy 73 degrees! I don't always have the AC on though,and can use just the circulation fan.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Karen I feel ya. I cannot tolerate the heat or the cold. I feel like I am never (rarely) comfortable. I was melting today and could not attempt cycling. I have progressive pigmentary purpuric disease and when I get hot this is what happens. My blood vessels leak blood and it's more painful than it looks. For a month plus every time I get a reaction.

rashjuly2017.jpg

All this is to say I can empathize if not totally get what you are experiencing. I find as I keep adding Autoimmune diseases I learn to adapt to my new "normal". These past 2 months alone I added 3 new diseases. Scarring alopecia, Hashimoto's and some sort of mercury poisoning. #cannotmakethisstuffup

Keeping you in my thoughts. Also hope your SIL is doing ok as she can be. (((hugs))).

@Arcadian sending you bucketloads of healing dust and gentle hugs. There really are no words but to say I am thinking of you. And share whatever you want to share here. I find it helpful when I share. You know what they say. Sorrow shared is sorrow halved and joy shared is joy doubled.

Yikes missy that looks painful. :(2
I'm also cursed with an over-zealous immune system. Sometimes I want to punch it in the face and tell it to relax and stop attacking my body! I get bad hives on my thighs and chest from sudden temperature changes especially in the winter, but they last less than a day. I can't imagine having something like that last for a month. So sorry.

Autoimmune diseases suck. I only have lowly garden variety chronic autoimmune stuff like asthma, hay fever and eczema but even so it really sucks having to cope! The eczema's gotten so severe not just from the autoimmune aspect, it's become a full blown dermatological issue of its own. And of course I happen to be allergic to this chemical that is rather ubiquitous in my line of work. You can only decrease the exposure to the allergen so much. I can refuse to use the materials containing the allergen, but can't ban everybody else from using them. My allergy's gotten so severe over the years due to the constant exposure. It's not anaphalactic level but it's wreaked havoc on the skin I feel like my skin is not even a "barrier" anymore where it's affected. I've been overdosing on Benadryl for a few years now. Kind of want to quit because I feel like Benadryl affects my mood too much, I am so agitated and irritable when I take it. And years ago I thought having to give up one's career due to allergies was a silly joke. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cockatiel aww I’m sorry you’re also dealing with AI issues. I totally get it as I too have all the above conditions you mentioned (and about a dozen more-gotta laugh but can’t make this stuff up) so I understand. Asthma and eczema and other allergies can wreak havoc on quality of life if one cannot get it under control. Sometimes easier said than done.

Sending you healing vibes and hope you don’t have to leave your chosen career.

653974E0-2689-4F66-84C7-C06E7BAED7DA.jpeg

SOTD Hermessence Vetiver Tonka

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore Dune yesterday and enjoyed it, today it's Habanita.

I hope everyone feels better soon.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I bought Psychedelic Love by Initio, I caved finally. I'll let you know what it's like tomorrow when it arrives.:twisted2:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, a successful blind buy, it's lovely! It's a bit sweet and soft, like a gentler Love by Kilian. I get a hint of tobacco, bergamot, soft almond, musk and a bit of rose, it's really nice. Thumbs up! It is quite powdery though, fine by me as I love my powders.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, a successful blind buy, it's lovely! It's a bit sweet and soft, like a gentler Love by Kilian. I get a hint of tobacco, bergamot, soft almond, musk and a bit of rose, it's really nice. Thumbs up! It is quite powdery though, fine by me as I love my powders.

Whoa that was fast! Don't you just love it when stuff you buy online arrives so quickly! It sounds lovely, I love powder too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results