shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa that was fast! Don't you just love it when stuff you buy online arrives so quickly! It sounds lovely, I love powder too.

That's Selfridges online for you, highly efficient!

It's a lovely fragrance, if you get the chance to try it do, it lasts well also.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just bought of bottle of Boucheron Eau Legere. There are various annual versions available - according to Luca Turin, I have his preferred 2006 edition. It's quite lovely - very true to the original, but as advertised, lighter...fresher...easier to wear .

Boucheron makes some beautiful bottles - this is no exceptions! bel33wlty.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Profumum's Acqua Viva. Sunshine in a bottle.
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a chance and am wearing Molinard L'esprit Ok so y'all know perfumes are my drug of choice(mostly):lol-2: So I wore a face mask and sprayed. not too much, maybe 4 squirts (this stuff is quite mild) then sat around for an hour with a mask on my face. the things we do to get our fix:lol:

Anyway that seemed to be ok.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dior's Oud Ispahan for me today. Wow, this stuff is stroooong.

I heard Dior's upper-end line will be getting something like 12 new additions. Looking forward to trying them, although their most recent attempts haven't wowed me. :tongue:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Montale Intense Tiare for me today.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dior's Oud Ispahan for me today. Wow, this stuff is stroooong.

I heard Dior's upper-end line will be getting something like 12 new additions. Looking forward to trying them, although their most recent attempts haven't wowed me. :tongue:

I have Ambre Nuit ( a honkerette bottle) which I love, I heard they're adding more too, let me know when you get to try them!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Blow me over--got a compliment on my scent today . Someone else could actually smell it! Thanks Narcisco!!

cheers--Sharon

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have Ambre Nuit ( a honkerette bottle) which I love, I heard they're adding more too, let me know when you get to try them!

I quite like Ambre Nuit (although I don't get the traditional "amber" accord...probably why I like it). I also have a honkerette bottle - I can imagine getting the full honker bottle!

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
HI:

Blow me over--got a compliment on my scent today . Someone else could actually smell it! Thanks Narcisco!!

cheers--Sharon

Congrats! Narciso has quite a persistent musk accord - I know I can smell it when someone is wearing it.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like and own Gris Montaigne, like Grand Bal.
I tried all 12 in the flagship perfume only store. Not a single one wowed me. Nice and wearable, yes, but I didn't even take a single sample , which the lovely SA offered.
I liked Jasmin des Anges enough to remember the name and remembered the sakura one , because I found it quite underwhelming. I'll try to sniff more in depth next time and report back.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Debated between No.5 Eau Premiere and Amouage Dia Woman. I decided to go with Dia. I think I am going to order a full bottle soon! Finally a Jean Claude Ellena creation that I am really in love with!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Narciso has quite a persistent musk accord - I know I can smell it when someone is wearing it.

I really like all versions but especially the Eau Poudree. That's ' my' NR.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Debated between No.5 Eau Premiere and Amouage Dia Woman. I decided to go with Dia. I think I am going to order a full bottle soon! Finally a Jean Claude Ellena creation that I am really in love with!

Mine is Ambre Narguile by JCE, one of my absolute favourites.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today it's the Psychedelic Love again, I've worn it since I've had it which is a really good sign for a blind buy.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mine is Ambre Narguile by JCE, one of my absolute favourites.

Oops forgot about Ambre Narguile. And also Terre d'Hermes and L'Eau d'Hiver. Ok I really like JCE after all. Haha.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium

You'd probably like VCA First if you like Dia. Would save you some cash at least!

I'm wearing Glossier You again today. It's so easy to wear - it's like a pleasant white noise.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You'd probably like VCA First if you like Dia. Would save you some cash at least!

I'm wearing Glossier You again today. It's so easy to wear - it's like a pleasant white noise.

I have a decant of some version of First. Not sure what incarnation or concentration. I keep meaning to dig it out to retest it, thanks for reminding me.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a decant of some version of First. Not sure what incarnation or concentration. I keep meaning to dig it out to retest it, thanks for reminding me.

It's slightly more "grand" than Dia, from my recollection. But I always put Dia up against Gold in my mind, which makes it seem like a minimalist aquatic in comparison - so my memory may be playing tricks on me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today it is eau de cycling as in no perfume again today. Cycling in the fresh spring air by the sea is beautiful and fragrant without any added scent. In fact it is my favorite fragrance of all. Fresh spring air mixed with the salty sea air.

oceanmay2018.jpg

I call it eau de Jersey shore or as we say in Brooklyn, 'oooh da Jersey'. :whistle: Hey we are called the garden state for a reason right? :lol:

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dune parfum for me today - reminds me of this picture ^^

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dior Ambre Nuit today.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yves Rocher Ispahan. It sucks that its discontinued :cry2:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's slightly more "grand" than Dia, from my recollection. But I always put Dia up against Gold in my mind, which makes it seem like a minimalist aquatic in comparison - so my memory may be playing tricks on me.

Yeah I agree. I used to think of Dia as Gold Eau Legere. It's taken me forever to decide between Dia vs. Gold! I am getting Dia because I just don't think I will end up wearing Gold too much.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Debated between Dia and No. 5 Eau Premiere again, and wore the Chanel instead this time.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Debated between Dia and No. 5 Eau Premiere again, and wore the Chanel instead this time.

Have you tried the new No. 5 L'Eau handcream? It's actually very reminiscent of Eau Premiere. Quite nice, and neat packaging. I have the old Sensual Elixir, so I've never felt the need to buy anything else in the flanker line - but I'm always so tempted.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always wanted to try this - IIRC it's supposed to be the precursor to Opium?

Not sure, I though YRI was an 80's perfume. Granted I don't remember it much before late 90's:lol-2:

I think at first its fleetingly like Opium but it dosen't stay that way for me at least. I have the itty bitty PP version of this, I do wonder if perhaps the EDT is more like O instead. FWIW, I get a lot of nutmeg with YRI and with O its a cacophany of spices before you can really smell anything else.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried the new No. 5 L'Eau handcream? It's actually very reminiscent of Eau Premiere. Quite nice, and neat packaging. I have the old Sensual Elixir, so I've never felt the need to buy anything else in the flanker line - but I'm always so tempted.

I love that Elixir, why did they have to discontinue it!:angryfire:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still Psychedelic Love by Initio.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results