Premium
Today Atelier Cologne Vanille Incensee

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too. To me Atelier Colognes all tend to smell similar but I prefer this one the most.

Yes I agree. Vanilla all grown up.
A sophisticated vanilla.
Not easy to do right.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've yet to find a solo-vanilla that I like (enough to buy anyway). Kenzo Amour came close...maybe Bvlgari Black?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today starting to use a new frangrence, Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet. To me it it has a soft smell of candy and roses : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've yet to find a solo-vanilla that I like (enough to buy anyway). Kenzo Amour came close...maybe Bvlgari Black?

Vanilla can be tough and of course we are all quite different in our smell aesthetic.
My HG Vanillas are 1. Vaniglia del Madagascar and 2. Tihota
Vaniglia is a citrusy, rich yet fresh and very (IMO) sexy twist on vanilla. And Tihota is just a smooth, rich, easy vanilla. Perfect for a gourmand lover like me.

Today starting to use a new frangrence, Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet. To me it it has a soft smell of candy and roses : )

Ooh sounds very pretty Jimmianne. Please keep us posted on this one. Candy and roses yummm.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing Atelier Cologne again, Cedrat Enivrant this time.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Vanilla can be tough and of course we are all quite different in our smell aesthetic.
My HG Vanillas are 1. Vaniglia del Madagascar and 2. Tihota
Vaniglia is a citrusy, rich yet fresh and very (IMO) sexy twist on vanilla. And Tihota is just a smooth, rich, easy vanilla. Perfect for a gourmand lover like me.

Ooh sounds very pretty Jimmianne. Please keep us posted on this one. Candy and roses yummm.

Felanilla is another one I forgot about - but it's more vanilla in name, Shalimar in structure.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Felanilla is another one I forgot about - but it's more vanilla in name, Shalimar in structure.

Yesss! In honor of your post I decided to apply Parfumerie Generale Felanilla today. It’s purrrry good. Not innocent but still pure in its sultriness. Just like a cat. Meowwww.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sprayed some Gucci Bloom.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone!
I am wearing Carthusia Io Capri today.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone!
I am wearing Carthusia Io Capri today.

I'm also wearing a Carthusia fragrance today...
Mediterraneo by Carthusia

It's my dh's bottle :shhh:
Intense lemon with green notes. Fresh and cheerful and crisp. Perfect for a gloomy Friday. But hey, it's Friday:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dune parfum for me today :)

1 month until I move in with my partner - send me strength! :P2

Sending you lots of good luck vibes and good thoughts. Very exciting and hope it works out very well for you both.:appl:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karen has been very bad ladies. :oops2:

Two new eBay vintages. Waiting on delivery.

I know. I said I wouldn't. :oops2:

Two more unopened bottles - another BIGGER bottle of Arpege (yeah, I admit I love it, so stock up, right?) for a mere $30 - and that includes the shipping. The other is a 1 oz unopened bottle of Joy, baudruche unstained and intact for $59.

So I'm not breaking the bank, right?? I can be forgiven, can't I???

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can be forgiven, can't I???

:naughty: :think: :lol:

I think so. :P2

Hope they don’t disappoint. Nice going on these sweet deals. Too good to pass up imo. :halo:

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Two more unopened bottles - another BIGGER bottle of Arpege (yeah, I admit I love it, so stock up, right?) for a mere $30 - and that includes the shipping. The other is a 1 oz unopened bottle of Joy, baudruche unstained and intact for $59.

Meh - that's nothing...and a great deal on the Joy! The black bottle or the crystal?

For those who aren't familiar - the baudruche is the membrane used to seal an extrait bottle (typically - sometimes on other splash-style bottles). It was once made from an animal stomach :sick: but is now synthetic, of course.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is virtually free in perfumoney, so full absolution is obviously granted!

Last edited:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd say you've been very good - $30 inc shipping?? Lovely Joy parfum too! You can't pass up Joy ever.

Today it's Coco Mademoiselle Intense.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I layered Rosa Nobile and Eau Rose and all I can smell is the shea butter lotion from L'Occtaine. WOT no(n)sense!!!

cheers--Sharon

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
HI:

I layered Rosa Nobile and Eau Rose and all I can smell is the shea butter lotion from L'Occtaine. WOT no(n)sense!!!

cheers--Sharon

I have a friend who is very much into perfume, and also loves her cocoa butter or shea butter (whichever) - I had to tell her that it didn't matter what perfume she wore, all I smelled was the butter - she was shocked! :eek2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to have to give my sprayed perfumes a break. You suck allergies, and thank you spring for messing me up.

So, as my lungs heal up, I will see how I fare with non sprayed. Of course that means, breaking out the Prada Exclifis!!!:appl: (and a few of the other dabber type parfums) but for now, nada. it will be a day by day thing. But I look forward to reading about what you all are wearing (well duh, fume head over here!!:mrgreen2:)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a friend who is very much into perfume, and also loves her cocoa butter or shea butter (whichever) - I had to tell her that it didn't matter what perfume she wore, all I smelled was the butter - she was shocked! :eek2:

Nothing works or lasts on me. Well, except, Carnal Flower. I may as well wear Jergens or Dove or Vaseline intensive care lotion since it "stays"! (L'Occtaine has the nicest shay better lotion scent tho...)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Joy arrived. I've not yet opened it because it's too beautiful. And I'm not catching the tiniest whiff around the stopper like I did with the No 5. Joy is a blind buy for me guys. I know, right?? What's wrong with her, they think. She bought that BLIND? (meaning) She's never smelled JOY???

I confess. :oops2:

Anyway, a few pics before I open it. The PERFUME bottle is a Robert Held piece I picked up years ago, and not I'm not going to put any perfume in it, or at least certainly not a vintage. It's just a pretty.

JOY_cropped_1.jpg JOY_cropped_2.jpg JOY_and_bottle.jpg JOY_cropped_3.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm. It seems sealed rather more firmly than my No 5 bottle was. I've been putting it in the freezer, then pounding on it, then back in the freezer, etc. No joy (heh heh heh) so far. :((

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm. It seems sealed rather more firmly than my No 5 bottle was. I've been putting it in the freezer, then pounding on it, then back in the freezer, etc. No joy (heh heh heh) so far. :((

just take care not to break it from the stress of refreezing. love Joy ...except that little poopie smell in the beginning.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed for your perfumission @ksinger . S o nerve wrecking

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to have to give my sprayed perfumes a break. You suck allergies, and thank you spring for messing me up.

So, as my lungs heal up, I will see how I fare with non sprayed. Of course that means, breaking out the Prada Exclifis!!!:appl: (and a few of the other dabber type parfums) but for now, nada. it will be a day by day thing. But I look forward to reading about what you all are wearing (well duh, fume head over here!!:mrgreen2:)

Sorry you are having trouble and I hope you have a speedy recovery Arcadian and enjoy your Prada Exclifs.:appl:

The PERFUME bottle is a Robert Held piece I picked up years ago, and not I'm not going to put any perfume in it, or at least certainly not a vintage. It's just a pretty.

Lovely perfume bottle Karen.

SOTD: Darkly Audacious by the Pink Room
Boozy amber wood plum and vanilla. Dark and rich and sweet without being cloying.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results