color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jo Malone
Mimosa Cardamom. Calming, delicate, spring-like
See this alone zings my nose lolol. So I have to temper it with other scents.

I do find that as I'm getting older and I'm losing my sense of smell a bit, the 90s fragrances I liked as a tween and teen are too light and sweet now, and I'm open to a smidge more spice.

Also, now that I haven't worked in the city for years, I don't come home unable to breathe from the pollution and a nose full of boogers. I just only have to deal with seasonal allergies and dust. When I worked in the city I could do a spritz on the wrist and a mist in the air where I'd do a spray delay and walk away (queer eye) but now the same perfumes I wore then I can only tolerate one spray.

Also I can tolerate a greater range of tastes like bitter melon and a little more spicy heat. Just my ramble on getting OLD and losing my senses.

(I can't wait till I lose hearing of the female frequencies like my dad...)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gotta wonder why you have to layer 4 perfumes to get one interesting one:evil: .Jo Malone is so dull to me (no offense of course).

The only JM I like is Dark Amber and Ginger Lily, actually I love that one and it lasts. The others are a bit ' simple' but they have their place when you don't want anything challenging like a Guerlain or Caron.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah - in saying a bit ' simple', I meant absolutely no offence to JM lovers, just that they're not as complex or challenging as old Guerlains for example.:oops:

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gah - in saying a bit ' simple', I meant absolutely no offence to JM lovers, just that they're not as complex or challenging as old Guerlains for example.:oops:

lol I think everyone knows what you mean - they lack complexity....I'm okay with that often, but when it's done right (like, Bvlgari The Vert or L'Artisan Saffran Troublant).

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For many fumies, lets face it Jo Malones ARE quite simple. But simple can be good because...layering is a real thing!:mrgreen2:

I get a little pissy because they discontinue large swaths of fumes at once. One of my favorites was nutmeg and ginger. It was deceptively simple and gone I've NEVER been able to find it again outside of ebay...and well sometimes with ebay. They had another that was a rose perfume that was swoonworthy....gone.

Also I love Tuberose Angelica but it lasts 2 seconds. yeah but no. that stuff is too expensive for that.

One of the ones I didn't like was Wild Bluebell. I never could put my finger on why I didn't like it,but it just never meshed.

I also wish longevity was better. Like L'Artisan, some seems to be gone in nothing flat.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOTD Hermessence Poivre Samarcande.
Pepper and leather and wood. Nice for a sunny but chilly day in NYC.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For many fumies, lets face it Jo Malones ARE quite simple. But simple can be good because...layering is a real thing!:mrgreen2:

I get a little pissy because they discontinue large swaths of fumes at once. One of my favorites was nutmeg and ginger. It was deceptively simple and gone I've NEVER been able to find it again outside of ebay...and well sometimes with ebay. They had another that was a rose perfume that was swoonworthy....gone.

Also I love Tuberose Angelica but it lasts 2 seconds. yeah but no. that stuff is too expensive for that.

One of the ones I didn't like was Wild Bluebell. I never could put my finger on why I didn't like it,but it just never meshed.

I also wish longevity was better. Like L'Artisan, some seems to be gone in nothing flat.

I hate that too, that they often discontinue old favourites, was it the Rose and Vanilla intense you mean? I know that one got the chop.

I can't get on with bluebell fragrances as all I can smell is earth.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate that too, that they often discontinue old favourites, was it the Rose and Vanilla intense you mean? I know that one got the chop.

I can't get on with bluebell fragrances as all I can smell is earth.

YAAAAAASSSSS Rose and Vanilla Intense was A-Mazeballs. Whatever made them discontinue that is crazy to me.

A great rose scent is like gold.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think just to counter all this minimalism today I'll be wearing
B O U C H E R O N
Listed notes:
basil, pelargonium, ylang-ylang, tuberose, daffodil, orange blossom, jasmine, civet, benzoin, woody notes, Tonka bean, Indian vanilla, oakmoss, ambergris and musk, and all the mysterious power-synthetics of 1989.

To top it off, I'll be wearing it in parfum concentration, sprayed, not dabbed.

200.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@daneshpastry

:lol-2: Oh my I DO remember it!

My fav boucheron was always Trouble EDP. Discontinued now and I'm not paying those crazy prices on ebay for it.

Today I'm wearing Balmain Ambre Gris. Dosen't disappear if you happen to blink. Subtle but present. Lasts forever and a day. PLUS, so unusual that tuberose! I smell a littel bit of bubblegum but then its just enough suble sweet resting under the resins and amberbris. I spent under 30 bucks for my bottle, which is always a greyt buy:mrgreen2:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think just to counter all this minimalism today I'll be wearing
B O U C H E R O N
Listed notes:
basil, pelargonium, ylang-ylang, tuberose, daffodil, orange blossom, jasmine, civet, benzoin, woody notes, Tonka bean, Indian vanilla, oakmoss, ambergris and musk, and all the mysterious power-synthetics of 1989.

To top it off, I'll be wearing it in parfum concentration, sprayed, not dabbed.

200.gif

BOOMcheron.

giggly.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SL à la nuit. Dabbed. Perfect for a day at the beach.

Oooh lucky girl. It’s a perfect beach weekend here but not going this weekend. I’ll live vicariously through you. :kiss:

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beach day? Where do y'all live exactly?

I'm in Toronto - it was 0 degrees on my walk to work this morning. :eek2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beach day? Where do y'all live exactly?

I'm in Toronto - it was 0 degrees on my walk to work this morning. :eek2:

Brrrr that’s cold. I’m in brooklyn and the jersey shore. But take heart. Canada is where I’d love to be (if it wasn’t so cold). Y’all don’t have a scary person as President. :blackeye:

The beach by us today. Its a brisk 52 here today.

BB352CB9-D5B9-4139-82B0-DA831ED2DC1D.jpeg 87FC8AB7-D6C5-421B-B581-49AE3F292613.jpeg

Hope your weather warms up soon.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Brrrr that’s cold. I’m in brooklyn and the jersey shore. But take heart. Canada is where I’d love to be (if it wasn’t so cold). Y’all don’t have a scary person as President. :blackeye:

The beach by us today. Its a brisk 52 here today.

BB352CB9-D5B9-4139-82B0-DA831ED2DC1D.jpeg 87FC8AB7-D6C5-421B-B581-49AE3F292613.jpeg

Hope your weather warms up soon.

That looks beautiful! We still have snow on the ground! :cry2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in Florida so everyday is a possible beach day:lol-2::lol-2:
To be fair, I don't really go that often, the dog goes more than I do.
I'm roughly 11 miles north of the Cheeto-in-Chief's compound. Not much to be proud of but there you are.
20180202_190433.jpg

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in Normandy at the moment, 24°C, sun, no clouds, no wind (too dark to take a pic now). Perfect.
It's not getting much hotter in summer here :lol-2:. I'm old fashioned in that I appreciate a refreshing seashore when it's too hot in town. Too hot and too much sun is not my thing.

Wearing Tauerville Vanilla Flash to bed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian @kipari what serene lovely beach scenes. I feel as if I am there.
2161729j8800t5nwm.gif
1108161lnnspdt393.gif
1237407c67zhzsra2.gif

Just woke up a little while ago and not sure what I feel like wearing today. Leaning towards my Hermessence again but this time Vetiver Tonka. Perfect for mid 60s and sunny weather.

Have a lovely fragrant day ladies.
sending_flowers.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian @kipari what serene lovely beach scenes. I feel as if I am there.
2161729j8800t5nwm.gif
1108161lnnspdt393.gif
1237407c67zhzsra2.gif

Just woke up a little while ago and not sure what I feel like wearing today. Leaning towards my Hermessence again but this time Vetiver Tonka. Perfect for mid 60s and sunny weather.

Have a lovely fragrant day ladies.
sending_flowers.gif

Had a late shower so still deciding, I think it's going to be No 19 EDP, an old favourite.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Changed my mind, I chose my super expensive Lovely Patchouli Night by Krigler, to see if this very expensive extrait can last longer than an hour on me.:angryfire:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Changed my mind, I chose my super expensive Lovely Patchouli Night by Krigler, to see if this very expensive extrait can last longer than an hour on me.:angryfire:

Fingers crossed it lasts all day on you Lorelei.:appl:

amazingsmell.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Rochas Lui, which is discontinued. Its also male (WEM...:roll2::lol-2:) but excessively gorgeous.

It starts with a musky lemon. I didn't think I'd like that but so do! The drydown is leathery sheer patchouli, which is a love. nothing floral here, so suited for a man or woman that isn't much on flowers, but also quite refreshing. That musked lemon is quite long lasting. I allow him to wear this sometimes...:shifty:

Rochas is such an underrated house IMO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Rochas Lui, which is discontinued. Its also male (WEM...:roll2::lol-2:) but excessively gorgeous.

It starts with a musky lemon. I didn't think I'd like that but so do! The drydown is leathery sheer patchouli, which is a love. nothing floral here, so suited for a man or woman that isn't much on flowers, but also quite refreshing. That musked lemon is quite long lasting. I allow him to wear this sometimes...:shifty:

I agree. I have some Rochas fragrances. Thanks for reminding me. Tomorrow will find them and wear one.:appl:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I used to wear Lumiere back in the eighties, it had that very pretty bottle with the big lid.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yes I think Rochas is underrated as well. I love Femme and Madame Rochas...Used to wear Fleur d'Eau and Tocade a lot years ago.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results