shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh - I bought the first iteration of this - it was $$$ and came with little stickers to write your name on the bottle. It had the most breathtaking lavender topnote. I was sold instantly (mistake #1) and practically threw money at the lady at Guerlain. Then I'm walking around with the lovely lavender wafting up...with a hint of something sweet. Meh - I can handle a little sweetness I though (mistake #2) - then the lavender faded...and faded...and the sweetness grew...and GREW...into a GODZILLA OF FREAKIN SUGAR.

I promptly brought the unopened box to Guerlain and with shame asked for a refund. She wondered what had happened, because it had only been about an hour since I bought it - but then she saw that I had amputated my arm in self-defence of the sugar. It hasn't been spoken of until today. :blackeye:

LOL!!!!

She's a sneaky one and I remember reading when it was Mon Exclusif that she had an enchanting little trick of becoming a bit candyfloss like!

If you haven't already, don't EVER try Love by Kilian, you'll lose your other arm.....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Switching scents for bedtime: Santal by Fragonard

I do that too, I always put more on or change to another bedtime scent!

One I love for bedtime in Autumn is Cinnabar by Estee Lauder, I love it for some reason.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Rosabotanica, all spikey and spicy green roses. Strange scent and suits my mood today.
Hangs forever on your clothes. Mmmm. Definitely NOT an aldehydic floral. ;-)

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tom Ford Noir de Noir.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jo Malone
Mimosa Cardamom. Calming, delicate, spring-like

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tom Ford Noir de Noir.

You have inspired me to take out my sample Tom Ford Vanille Fatale this morning.
Warm, rich and smoky.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have inspired me to take out my sample Tom Ford Vanille Fatale this morning.
Warm, rich and smoky.

Is this one worth it? I have Tobacco Vanille and I've been pondering this one, the reviews seem to be mixed.:think:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Rosabotanica, all spikey and spicy green roses. Strange scent and suits my mood today.
Hangs forever on your clothes. Mmmm. Definitely NOT an aldehydic floral. ;-)

I always felt that florabotanica and rosabotanica were misnamed. rosa is spikey and green as you say and flora is more rosy:lol-2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today will be one last hurrah for Parfums DelRae Bois de Paradis. Its only because in hot weather it smells more like a fruit beer...:lol: Love it except in summer for obvious reasons.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this one worth it? I have Tobacco Vanille and I've been pondering this one, the reviews seem to be mixed.:think:

Wondering about this too!

It is not my favorite and this is my third time sampling it so as of now it is not FB worthy but I want to give it a fair chance so that is why after reading @Cockatiel's SOTD post this AM I decided ok one more try. On me it has a sort of medicinal plasticy quality to it that I do not love. And it is also (on me) too sweet but going to allow it to fully develop as the hours go by and see if I change my mind.

One sampling is never enough for me. Most recently I thought I was in love with Le Labo Santal 33 but while I enjoy it very much it isn't FB worthy for me. Same thing about the Baccarat Rouge 540. I thought swoon! This is amazing but after a few wearings I realized no no no. So I am patient and give it a few tries before I decide. Though with some perfumes I just knew right away. But that is more the exception than the rule for me. Will keep y'all posted.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is not my favorite and this is my third time sampling it so as of now it is not FB worthy but I want to give it a fair chance so that is why after reading @Cockatiel's SOTD post this AM I decided ok one more try. On me it has a sort of medicinal plasticy quality to it that I do not love. And it is also (on me) too sweet but going to allow it to fully develop as the hours go by and see if I change my mind.

One sampling is never enough for me. Most recently I thought I was in love with Le Labo Santal 33 but while I enjoy it very much it isn't FB worthy for me. Same thing about the Baccarat Rouge 540. I thought swoon! This is amazing but after a few wearings I realized no no no. So I am patient and give it a few tries before I decide. Though with some perfumes I just knew right away. But that is more the exception than the rule for me. Will keep y'all posted.

I agree with you on needing to wear the scent a few times to experience its different facets. Even after the FB purchase I keep encountering different aspects of the same perfume every now and then, which is what makes this hobby all the more interesting!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hum....Thanks Missy.

I think it'll be one to try when convenient but I won't seek it out.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only thing I can think of is that as I'm in England, I get the Creed's with the EU alcohol they use, I think imported fragrances might use a different alcohol, this is what I heard with Chanel No 5 when I noticed a difference between the two. Maybe the European version lasts better.:think:

I can attest that there's something for sure different. I think for the US it has to be potable alcohol that has a denaturing agent, making it pretty much undrinkable. EU uses something totally different.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
for the evening (I must be hormonal) but I wanted something else. So, Im wearing Guerlain Shalimar Initial. I think it still smells like shalimar frankly. Shalimar always (for me at least) had that underlying layer of funk:lol-2: that was aside from the cat pee! but somewhere along the line, Shalimar has just about lost the cat pee. Maybe my new hormone cream...I'm on low dose bioidenticals (I reached that time in my life of "quality over quantity")

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I can attest that there's something for sure different. I think for the US it has to be potable alcohol that has a denaturing agent, making it pretty much undrinkable. EU uses something totally different.

I believe in North America we denature our alcohol using an agent called Bitrex .it tastes like it sounds, and induces vomitting . It's considered the most bitter tasting chemical known . Believe it or not, I think there's an actual scale of how bitter things are (I'm rated pretty high on the list).

Wearing Tauer L'Ouhd this evening while window e-shopping for pearls .

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am topping off the remnants of Noir de Noir from the morning with Noir Pour Femme. I really like the Tom Ford creations in general. I think he is my favorite " designer" house.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bruno Acampora Musc for me today.
Musky, comforting, subtle, organic, salty, earthy and spicy. And more.
Enjoyable to wear.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today, it's an old favourite, Eau de Merveilles by Hermes.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Liaisons Dangereuse by Kilian

I really like it. Boozy peach plum scent.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have this, it's lovely. I'll have to dig it out.
Same - it's one of my fav roses.

A super cheap dupe is Salvador Dali Dalimix Black. You can get it for like 20$ for 100ml. I spray that as room spray! It's a bit different in that it's missing that musk and coconut (it's more sandalwood heavy), but whatever it smells close enough when I spray the surroundings. :lol: Oh plus it has a cool looking bottle too.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I wear Chopard Madness. I really like this. I hardly ever wear it (why is this???) and surprise, I guess since I've taken to eating candied hibiscus as a snack...because they're honestly damn delicious (which if you've never done so, you should, they're not just for tea!) I can really smell it in the perfume.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried layering just 3 JO Malone colognes last night... good but not as great as when I have 4 layered. Lmfaooo. Why couldn't I just like Charlie white where I can grab a bottle for $9.99?:wall:

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I tried layering just 3 JO Malone colognes last night... good but not as great as when I have 4 layered. Lmfaooo. Why couldn't I just like Charlie white where I can grab a bottle for $9.99?:wall:

Gotta wonder why you have to layer 4 perfumes to get one interesting one:evil: .Jo Malone is so dull to me (no offense of course).

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gotta wonder why you have to layer 4 perfumes to get one interesting one:evil: .Jo Malone is so dull to me (no offense of course).
Exactly each on its own is one note flat. Bahahahahaha. But these 4 together are perfect bahahahhha. It works bc I've always been like this perfume would be perfect if I could tweak THIS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results