shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today/Tonight I'm wearing Amouage Fate. Its one of the few that started in the magnetic caps that is in the old style...sort of! the chili pepper in this is a little eye watering at first (at least for me) and then it amazing cools down to this gossamer vanilla/cinnamon/ floral/powdery thing. its really lovely. Best part is, this works in the dank armpit that is South Florida Humidity. The hotter it is temp wise, the more this works.

I wore that yesterday night to bed. My decant's the current version. Previously I was rather anosmic to this scent, but yesterday I kept getting uncanny wisps of the heart notes of Cuir de Russie. At times Cuir de Lancome. Ummm dunno if nose is messed up or something.

Last edited:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back to the No 5 EDT. Boring I am, I admit it.

But I'm waiting for another vintage in the mail. (NOT No 5 this time)

I'll let you guys know if it was boom or bust, after I get it. :)

(there, that should keep the suspense up for a few days.)

I'll say! I'm definitely in suspenders. What could it be.....Miss Dior??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hermessence Vetiver Tonka. Perfect for a (finally but not for long sadly) lovely Spring day.
Woody, vanilla, green. Just springlicious and sophisticated. One of my faves.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll say! I'm definitely in suspenders. What could it be.....Miss Dior??

I've never smelled that one, so no, not Miss Dior. I've read about it, but can't muster up what it was supposed to be.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've never smelled that one, so no, not Miss Dior. I've read about it, but can't muster up what it was supposed to be.

Ok let me guess...Coco?

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If not, then Chanel No.22 is my guess lolol

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Store Skuggan moonmilk

Very nicw spicy scent with a hefty dose of sandalwood in the drydown

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I got it. I hope you guys won't be disappointed that it is a 1/2 oz of vintage Arpege. :) In a very VERY unopened outer box.

The inner box and bottle were pristine, and from 1/17/1965, if one is to believe the little insert.

So, Arpege on one wrist against No 5 on the other.

As many have noted, like, yet unlike. The open is nearly identical, and then the changes. I can't put descriptors to it. I like it, especially the very end of the drydown, but not quite as much as No 5. Not yet anyway. But I'm definitely glad I got it.

And now, I must STOP with the perfume expenditures for a while because.........(drumroll please.......)

I'm getting a new kitty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never wanted to wear a fragrance at bedtime till now! Jo Malone obsession of mimosa cardamom +wild bluebell +nectarine blossom honey. Loved the combo so much I went back to the mall a few days after buying the smaller sizes and hit up the Bloomingdales sale for 3 large bottles and a small one of the blackberry bay.

I spray it at night and it marinades and develops into something lovely when I wake up and stays on all day. I don't know what to do with all the other NIB perfumes I have now bahahahaaahha!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image.jpg
I also have the honey and crocus coming from
Nieman Marcus. I read the reviews and it sounded delicious and is sold out almost everywhere. I just layered all 4 (blackberry bluebell nectarine and mimosa) and love it. Uh oh.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I got it. I hope you guys won't be disappointed that it is a 1/2 oz of vintage Arpege. :) In a very VERY unopened outer box.

The inner box and bottle were pristine, and from 1/17/1965, if one is to believe the little insert.

So, Arpege on one wrist against No 5 on the other.

As many have noted, like, yet unlike. The open is nearly identical, and then the changes. I can't put descriptors to it. I like it, especially the very end of the drydown, but not quite as much as No 5. Not yet anyway. But I'm definitely glad I got it.

And now, I must STOP with the perfume expenditures for a while because.........(drumroll please.......)

I'm getting a new kitty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Whaaat??? Oh emmm geeee YAY!!!!
1237347t680xm00ub.gif
Details pretty please Karen! :appl:
So excited and happy for you and that will be one lucky kitty for sure!!!

118051rz4q62rqgn.gif

1237397y6kr97ild4.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never wanted to wear a fragrance at bedtime till now! Jo Malone obsession of mimosa cardamom +wild bluebell +nectarine blossom honey. Loved the combo so much I went back to the mall a few days after buying the smaller sizes and hit up the Bloomingdales sale for 3 large bottles and a small one of the blackberry bay.

I spray it at night and it marinades and develops into something lovely when I wake up and stays on all day. I don't know what to do with all the other NIB perfumes I have now bahahahaaahha!

I love the right fragrance right before bed. I wear lavender and vanilla and spray right over the bed too right before I hop in...very comforting and peaceful. Glad you found something you love!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whaaat??? Oh emmm geeee YAY!!!!
1237347t680xm00ub.gif
Details pretty please Karen! :appl:
So excited and happy for you and that will be one lucky kitty for sure!!!

118051rz4q62rqgn.gif

1237397y6kr97ild4.gif

I'm thrilled! My husband is....resigned. But he'll get over it.

She's a close-to-retiring Birman show cat. I had a Birman many years ago - who lived to be 19, and I've always wanted another one. We've had...let's just say...issues, pertaining to getting another dog (a LONG story, for another day perhaps), but a cat has been negotiated. I took it and ran with it. Anyway, he loves Russian Blues while I love the Birman. I would not mind either, but I still love the fluffiness of the Birman. :)

Anyway, I knew I wanted an adult cat rather than a kitten and retired show cats are great because they've been socialized to a much higher degree than regular cats. I realize that adopting a rescue would be better in some regards, but cats can be much more problematic than rescue dogs, and I don't have the willingness or energy to do the intensive socialization of a kitten, or the rehabilitation of an adult cat who has had a rough life.

I probably won't get her until July, since the breeder thinks she might pregnant. The breeder is excited because this kitty has never had a litter, and she has some genetics that she is very eager to have in her lines. We'll know in a few weeks. Regardless of kittens, she will come to me spayed and ready for a forever home. She'll be nearly 3. And probably darker now, than when this picture was taken. Birmans continue to darken for about 2 years.

EZ.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I realize this IS a threadjack. Sorry guys. At least kitty will get to come home to a human who smells AWESOME. ;-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thrilled! My husband is....resigned. But he'll get over it.

She's a close-to-retiring Birman show cat. I had a Birman many years ago - who lived to be 19, and I've always wanted another one. We've had...let's just say...issues, pertaining to getting another dog (a LONG story, for another day perhaps), but a cat has been negotiated. I took it and ran with it. Anyway, he loves Russian Blues while I love the Birman. I would not mind either, but I still love the fluffiness of the Birman. :)

Anyway, I knew I wanted an adult cat rather than a kitten and retired show cats are great because they've been socialized to a much higher degree than regular cats. I realize that adopting a rescue would be better in some regards, but cats can be much more problematic than rescue dogs, and I don't have the willingness or energy to do the intensive socialization of a kitten, or the rehabilitation of an adult cat who has had a rough life.

I probably won't get her until July, since the breeder thinks she might pregnant. The breeder is excited because this kitty has never had a litter, and she has some genetics that she is very eager to have in her lines. We'll know in a few weeks. Regardless of kittens, she will come to me spayed and ready for a forever home. She'll be nearly 3. And probably darker now, than when this picture was taken. Birmans continue to darken for about 2 years.

EZ.jpg

Awww so happy for you Karen. Congratulations! I know you wanted to adopt a kitty and I am glad you worked it out with your dh! She is beautiful. That is one lucky kitty!:love:

And I am 100% certain no one here minds a little "thread jack" for a fur baby. Am I right girls? Please @ksinger thread jack away and keep us posted. :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I realize this IS a threadjack. Sorry guys. At least kitty will get to come home to a human who smells AWESOME. ;-)
This isn't a threadjack. I bury my nose in my kitties' fur and paws all the time.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is a threadjack? :roll2::lol-2::P2 Considering the skanky stuff that goes into perfumes, I'd say NOT! and I'll be honest, I love how my dog smells (the top of her head not her tail end.....:mrgreen2:)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, just so you can see how different the girl above is from the one I had before, this cat could actually BE mine. Spitting image of my previous girl. VERY dark points (but then she was 6 when I got her). And somewhat slender, which is actually not desirable in Birmans

As I said though, the picture above was probably taken around 1 year old, so in that glamour shot above, she's not "done" yet. She still has that kitten look to me. And of course she's over-fluffed for photos. I'm sure she'll deflate some with me. ;)2 Especially since I won't bathe her a bunch. Some, but she'll have done her time being washed and fluffed. She's earned a respite from the show grind.

Anyway, here is another "look" for a seal point Birman. Love that little black face those white feet!!

seal-point-birman-cat-walking-with-ears-tipped-slightly-forward-and-picture-iddor45005565

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and today should be no surprise: I'm wearing the Arpege. :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In keeping with a theme (of sorts) I'm wearing Amouage Sunshine.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Took a shower after going to the gym, so the Amouage Fate from this morning is gone now. Ugh don't even want to put on any scents, the weather is really annoying outside. Damn snowstorm. :angryfire: Don't even know what would feel appropriate.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Took a shower after going to the gym, so the Amouage Fate from this morning is gone now. Ugh don't even want to put on any scents, the weather is really annoying outside. Damn snowstorm. :angryfire: Don't even know what would feel appropriate.

Hmmm dunno. vanilla, smoke, cookies?

Right now its 81 degrees, 75% humidity and a feels like temp of 87 and its about to get real ugly. I'll attest to that feels like temp, its gross out. It was a pretty retched walk for me this evening with the dog because the winds are so high. So you're not alone, just the storm will look a wee bit different down here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This weather is out of its mind. Mother Nature is having a good laugh at our expense. It was in the high 80s this Saturday and in the 30s/low 40s this Sunday. Went from Winter to Summer back to Winter again. Is it too much to ask to get a little Spring?

It's a Comme de Garcon BlackPepper day for me.
Torrential downpours with howling winds are what's happening right now outside but I'm cozy and warm inside with the fire and beauty of this fragrance. Peppery, incensey and smoky. Not bad for this stormy "Spring" day.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh she's stunning, congrats K!!!!

Today, it's Chanel Misia. Fancied the violets.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only have the recent EDT. To me that is more of a heliotrope + burnt rubber scent. I don't consider it a primarily leather centered scent. Never smelled the older versions. When I read the reviews based on old versions, I am like ???? Lolol.

I have a bottle from the sixties I think, the juice has turned ruby red and it smells quite tame really, more leathery for sure. I'll have to dig it out for another sniff.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spring has finally arrived for good!

VCA les extraordinaires Muguet. l
Classy and a little powdery LoTV. Pretty

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spring has finally arrived for good!

VCA les extraordinaires Muguet. l
Classy and a little powdery LoTV. Pretty