carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, sending you spring flowers , hope the warm weather will finally arrive
(Our yard is full of wild bluebells, so romantic and fragrant... DH went out and left a cute bouquet on the kitchen table before had to leave very early this a.m.:love:)

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm getting a new kitty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

squeeeeee :appl:on both the kitten and the arpege!

I adopted a cute lil guy a few months ago. He's a Maine Coon named Fred. He's a little monster, but I love him.

Wearing Glossier You today. Nice iris-musk. Good for work (I got the perfume-solid).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, I'm sorry, missy!!!(((hugs))) back at you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs to you Missy! (((((())))))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Violet.

cheers--Sharon

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, since I did my kitty threadjack, I'm here to say the I've officially decided that the Arpege is definitely a winner. I like it a LOT. :)

And here's a pic of the bottle, box, and insert. Too fun!
ETA - ah..the backside of the bottle. You can see it's never been opened.

20180414_171656.jpg

Attachments

• Arpege_insert_box_top.jpg
    Arpege_insert_box_top.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 26

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ksinger 30mL version? (I had one, gave it to my mom, she loves it way more!)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So surprise surprise....tonight I'm wearing Mon Guerlain of all things...lol.

I have a mini so, wore it. it really does smell good though most days its SOOOOO SWEET. For me its one of those 'must be in the mood for' type of perfumes.

And though lavender tends to be problematic (allergies) I'm doing ok. wonder if its not too much in there if thats the case!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a mini so, wore it. it really does smell good though most days its SOOOOO SWEET. For me its one of those 'must be in the mood for' type of perfumes.

And though lavender tends to be problematic (allergies) I'm doing ok. wonder if its not too much in there if thats the case!

CANNOT BELIEVE this... TWINS!!

I got a sample at the Guerlain boutique and after smelling all the sweet robe noire and resp. flankers I thought I might test mon Guerlain for a whole day. I find it has at least some reminiscence to a guerlinade base and is less sugary than the rest... pleasant.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CANNOT BELIEVE this... TWINS!!

I got a sample at the Guerlain boutique and after smelling all the sweet robe noire and resp. flankers I thought I might test mon Guerlain for a whole day. I find it has at least some reminiscence to a guerlinade base and is less sugary than the rest... pleasant.

I quite liked Mon Guerlain, it reminded me a bit of Shalimar PI but less intense.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ksinger 30mL version? (I had one, gave it to my mom, she loves it way more!)

Alas no. The seller had a one oz and a half ounce. I opted for the half ounce because it was a blind buy for me. Loving it like I do, I'm now pondering whether I should now officially kick myself for not snagging the full ounce. Hindsight is brutal.

Ah well, I guess I can't complain. I've bought from eBay 5 times now, and every single time has been a resounding success - everything smells great.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alas no. The seller had a one oz and a half ounce. I opted for the half ounce because it was a blind buy for me. Loving it like I do, I'm now pondering whether I should now officially kick myself for not snagging the full ounce. Hindsight is brutal.

Ah well, I guess I can't complain. I've bought from eBay 5 times now, and every single time has been a resounding success - everything smells great.

Get the 1 oz too, nothing wrong with backups.:tongue:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOTD Santal 33 Eau de Parfum. Perfect smell for the weather today.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today, it's Love in White by Creed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Creed but it doesn’t love me. Lasts less than an hour on me. No matter what I do. My skin eats it up and swallows it whole. No fragrance left. :wink2:
Enjoy your Creed you lucky ladies. :appl:

That's weird, I can even get Fleurissimo to do most of the day on me and that one's notorious for not sticking around.:think:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love Creed but it doesn’t love me. Lasts less than an hour on me. No matter what I do. My skin eats it up and swallows it whole. No fragrance left. :wink2:
Enjoy your Creed you lucky ladies. :appl:

I know! Creed in general is very fleeting on me. Fleurissimo is gone in like 2-3 hours. I wish they made parfum concentration!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's weird, I can even get Fleurissimo to do most of the day on me and that one's notorious for not sticking around.:think:

I think you are so lucky! I don't really know if it actually disappears or if it's just my nose getting used to it, but I swear Fleurissimo disappears after 2-3 hours. Same with Jasmal! Scents like Imperatrice Eugenie fare better but still not long lasting by any means.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Fleur Musc. The only flowers Im gonna get around here!

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only thing I can think of is that as I'm in England, I get the Creed's with the EU alcohol they use, I think imported fragrances might use a different alcohol, this is what I heard with Chanel No 5 when I noticed a difference between the two. Maybe the European version lasts better.:think:

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Ugh - I bought the first iteration of this - it was $$$ and came with little stickers to write your name on the bottle. It had the most breathtaking lavender topnote. I was sold instantly (mistake #1) and practically threw money at the lady at Guerlain. Then I'm walking around with the lovely lavender wafting up...with a hint of something sweet. Meh - I can handle a little sweetness I though (mistake #2) - then the lavender faded...and faded...and the sweetness grew...and GREW...into a GODZILLA OF FREAKIN SUGAR.

I promptly brought the unopened box to Guerlain and with shame asked for a refund. She wondered what had happened, because it had only been about an hour since I bought it - but then she saw that I had amputated my arm in self-defence of the sugar. It hasn't been spoken of until today. :blackeye:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results