shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Le labo thé noir... nice longevity. I love all nicely done black tea scents... can't help myself

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Guys, was there a popular perfume in the late 80s and early 90s that smelled like Versace Crystal Noir? Crystal Noir smells like: gardenia + spices (cardamom, ginger, pepper) + coconutty sandalwood, to me. I swear someone around me used to wear this a lot in the late 80s to early 90s. Her house, closets, dresses, all smelled like this. It smelled like the spicy woody aspect of Crystal Noir (i.e. minus gardenia). I'm going crazy trying to figure out what this was.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a big BdI fan - but I'm in the minority that I prefer the EDT over the parfum. I can't speak for the new EDP, but the EDT just has a shimmering quality that I love. The parfum is nice...but just nice.

I actually DO love the EDP because it sparkles a heck of a lot less. For me the EDT has too much aldehydes. Sparkling yes, but damn near choking me in the process:lol-2: The EDP allows me to really enjoy what I really liked about the EDT more.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amouage Dia. I will get a bottle of this when my decant is finished.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Amouage Beloved (non magnetic top) For those that love Aromatics Elixir its along the same lines with all the herbals, but different in that there's a wee bit of skank in there. I usually add a dab of rose to this as there's never enough for me!

I can for sure say this bottle will last my entire lifetime....lol Its so freaking strong that I do a single walkthrough spray.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Amouage Beloved (non magnetic top) For those that love Aromatics Elixir its along the same lines with all the herbals, but different in that there's a wee bit of skank in there. I usually add a dab of rose to this as there's never enough for me!

I can for sure say this bottle will last my entire lifetime....lol Its so freaking strong that I do a single walkthrough spray.

Oooo lucky you! I have the magnetic cap bottle and I wish it lasted longer like the other Amouages. It's very short lived on me.....love love loooove Beloved though, it's what I imagined Aromatics Elixir would smell like. Aromatics Elixir is very sour and metallic on me.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I can't get into Aromatics Elixir either - I've tried a few times, it's just not for me.

Wearing Mouchoir de Monsieur today - the dirtier Jicky. :)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frédéric Malle Music For A While.
Clever how the peaks of the lavender morph into the pineapple notes and back. Interesting, but won't spend on a fb, as I dind the drydown nice lavender, but not ground-breaking...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo lucky you! I have the magnetic cap bottle and I wish it lasted longer like the other Amouages. It's very short lived on me.....love love loooove Beloved though, it's what I imagined Aromatics Elixir would smell like. Aromatics Elixir is very sour and metallic on me.

Mine is a first year non magnetic cap. If I spray directly onto skin it leaves oily spots. Its absolutely ridicuous and over the top for working at home in a Tshirt, yoga pants, and bunny slippers, but I just don't care.:lol-2: Work IS my special occassion these days!!

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Frédéric Malle Music For A While.
Clever how the peaks of the lavender morph into the pineapple notes and back. Interesting, but won't spend on a fb, as I dind the drydown nice lavender, but not ground-breaking...

I'm so in love with this:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: but I just can't justify the price. Not when there are gemstones in various shopping carts around the web.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heeeeyyyyyy

Great minds think alike! I woke up planning on wearing Fauborg 24EDP as well! I used to wear it like a signature scent years ago. I love it so much especially after the first 30 min.

It's lovely isn't it, such a 'grand' floral. I think you and I have similar taste.:tongue:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a big BdI fan - but I'm in the minority that I prefer the EDT over the parfum. I can't speak for the new EDP, but the EDT just has a shimmering quality that I love. The parfum is nice...but just nice.

I keep meaning to try this one, can you describe it for me please Dane?

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chanel Bel Respiro EDT for me today.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOTD Eau Duelle EDP by Diptyque
A woody musky subtle delicious vanilla.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Habanita EDT again today, weather's still totally pants.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SOTD Eau Duelle EDP by Diptyque
A woody musky subtle delicious vanilla.

I love Eau Duelle! It's my fav Diptyque. Are you a vanilla lover?

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Habanita EDT again today, weather's still totally pants.

Love Habanita too. Also love the fact its sillage is not as big as one would think, making it discreet. Well discreet in my book.....

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I keep meaning to try this one, can you describe it for me please Dane?

Someone (Turin?) once described it as No. 5's brunette sister, and I'd agree with that. There are aldehydes (though brighter than No. 5's) with a touch of ginger that create a sparkling effect. The rest is basically ylang and sandalwood, but smells of so much more than that because of the quality ingredients Chanel has access to. It's like a gingerbread cookie, but one you smell in passing. It's beautiful and a must-try.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Eau Duelle! It's my fav Diptyque. Are you a vanilla lover?

Hahaha asking me if I am a vanilla lover is like asking me do I love coffee. As Lorelai Gilmore (not our dear warm lovely PS Lorelei) says

(Do I like vanilla perfume)

coffeeandoxygen.gif

:bigsmile:

and I'm with you. This is my favorite Diptyque as well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone (Turin?) once described it as No. 5's brunette sister, and I'd agree with that. There are aldehydes (though brighter than No. 5's) with a touch of ginger that create a sparkling effect. The rest is basically ylang and sandalwood, but smells of so much more than that because of the quality ingredients Chanel has access to. It's like a gingerbread cookie, but one you smell in passing. It's beautiful and a must-try.

OMG that sounds wonderful. Smellicious. Now I want to try it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that sounds wonderful. Smellicious. Now I want to try it!

Oh it does sound fantastic, now I think I'm going to have to hunt it down.....

Gah.....

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guerlain Acqua Allegoria Passiflora.
Nice juicy summery floral. Lasting power could be better. The kind of bottle I'll happily use (up) during a beach vacation, but won't get nostalgic about when it's gone.

Tried the two new diptyques - Fleur de peau (Iris skin scent) and Tempo (earthy non-sweet , not too skanky patchouli).

Nothing special to me.... money saved

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't get into Aromatics Elixir either - I've tried a few times, it's just not for me.

Wearing Mouchoir de Monsieur today - the dirtier Jicky. :)

I love Jicky parfum, gorgeous stuff. I found the EDP to be a bit ' faecal' and even one of my cats had a go at me while I was wearing it. :lol::eek-2:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love Habanita too. Also love the fact its sillage is not as big as one would think, making it discreet. Well discreet in my book.....

I remember the first time I wore Habanita about 11 years ago, it scared my horse as well as me. It swirled around me in an evil cloud of tobacco and goodness knows what else. It's tamer now, even though I have lots of the old EDT stockpiled, it's not as gutsy and dramatic as it was. Shame really.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back to the No 5 EDT. Boring I am, I admit it.

But I'm waiting for another vintage in the mail. (NOT No 5 this time)

I'll let you guys know if it was boom or bust, after I get it. :)

(there, that should keep the suspense up for a few days.)

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's lovely isn't it, such a 'grand' floral. I think you and I have similar taste.:tongue:

I love grand florals too that smell like proper perfume, not just some impression of a thing. Or some extract of some ingredient.

I also love monster white florals. And baroque, maximalist perfumes - Jil Sander No.4, Bal a Versailles, MDCI Chypre Palatin, Shalimar, etc.

And have a special place in my heart for what my family calls "witch" perfumes - Habanita, Amouage Memoir and Lyric, Magie Noir, L'Artisan Voleur de Roses, Borneo 1834, Opium, etc. I don't know if I agree w the witchcraft part but whatever. I love pretty much everything....love a good fruitchouli or fruity "chypre" or whatever they call it now for daytime stuff that's safe for the public.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So many perfumes and too little time basically!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lorelei do you know what decades they're from? outside of the EDP and L'Sprite, my 2 bottles are from the 80's. I did indeed smell the old EDT from late 90's/early aughts and it already by then had more powder in it. I got a dab (seriously not even kidding) of Habanita from a fellow fragranista. From what I was told was a 1960ish bottle.... my goodness it was amazing! Powder who? this was skankville leather!!:love: I'm sure the top notes were pretty much gone but wow...it was delish!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today/Tonight I'm wearing Amouage Fate. Its one of the few that started in the magnetic caps that is in the old style...sort of! the chili pepper in this is a little eye watering at first (at least for me) and then it amazing cools down to this gossamer vanilla/cinnamon/ floral/powdery thing. its really lovely. Best part is, this works in the dank armpit that is South Florida Humidity. The hotter it is temp wise, the more this works.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Lorelei do you know what decades they're from? outside of the EDP and L'Sprite, my 2 bottles are from the 80's. I did indeed smell the old EDT from late 90's/early aughts and it already by then had more powder in it. I got a dab (seriously not even kidding) of Habanita from a fellow fragranista. From what I was told was a 1960ish bottle.... my goodness it was amazing! Powder who? this was skankville leather!!:love: I'm sure the top notes were pretty much gone but wow...it was delish!

I only have the recent EDT. To me that is more of a heliotrope + burnt rubber scent. I don't consider it a primarily leather centered scent. Never smelled the older versions. When I read the reviews based on old versions, I am like ???? Lolol.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results