shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today, I'm wearing Lovely Patchouli 55 Night by Krigler. Very expensive, very luxurious but falls a bit short performance wise.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing my first love . Tihota Eau de Perfume by Indult. It was my HG perfume for years.
And while it is no longer my HG perfume I still love it as one will always still love their first love in some way.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing my first love . Tihota Eau de Perfume by Indult. It was my HG perfume for years.
And while it is no longer my HG perfume I still love it as one will always still love their first love in some way.

I have this and love it, it's the ultimate vanilla.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have this and love it, it's the ultimate vanilla.

Yes I completely agree. It is vanillalicious and a must (try at least) vanilla for any vanilla lover.
And totally calorie free. What a sweet deal right?

smellsgood.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I completely agree. It is vanillalicious and a must (try at least) vanilla for any vanilla lover.
And totally calorie free. What a sweet deal right?

smellsgood.gif

Absolutely and I agree with some reviews that it's the gold standard vanilla, it's wonderful! I also love Spiritueuse double Vanille but that's more boozy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely and I agree with some reviews that it's the gold standard vanilla, it's wonderful! I also love Spiritueuse double Vanille but that's more boozy.

Yes I like SDV too but it doesn't smell nearly as nice on me though on others SDV is heavenly. On me it doesn't work well. I don't have a lot of perfumes I love (on me) because on me many of them smell too perfumey for lack of a better description.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing a very vintage Aliage - late 1970s. Being an unrepentant lover of florals, this has always been outside my usual preferences. But I wore it back in the day, and in spite of a long hiatus, find it still smells amazing. In vintage form anyway. Clearly, in spite of wearing it, I was not really appreciating its uniqueness back then. It's a scent very unlike any other in my experience (which is admittedly somewhat limited, but still). It's dark green and very very mossy. Perfect for a damp day, which is what we're having today. :)

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
^ love Aliage!

Wearing original Boucheron in parfum today - wow - if you want to talk about BIG perfumes, this stands along with Poison and Opium. Big stuff, but stunning.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It smells like sugary cold cereal to me.:lol: Thats not a bad thing! Just that it reminds of Saturday Mornings as a kid.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It smells like sugary cold cereal to me.:lol: Thats not a bad thing! Just that it reminds of Saturday Mornings as a kid.

Yes that’s not a bad thing. A happy memory.
To me it smells like the perfect vanilla. Not too sweet. Not artificial at all unlike so many other vanilla fragrances. And I always get so many compliments when wearing this. From everyone. But when I wear it I wear it for me and me alone. I remember they stopped making I for a few years so I bought a few bottles to stock up. However they’re making it again though I’m not sure it’s exactly the same. I’m still on the older bottles.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes that’s not a bad thing. A happy memory.
To me it smells like the perfect vanilla. Not too sweet. Not artificial at all unlike so many other vanilla fragrances. And I always get so many compliments when wearing this. From everyone. But when I wear it I wear it for me and me alone. I remember they stopped making I for a few years so I bought a few bottles to stock up. However they’re making it again though I’m not sure it’s exactly the same. I’m still on the older bottles.

I bought my bottle 3 years ago, it was my first and it's stunning. I think the Indult company was bought by someone who adored Tihota and wanted to bring it back, I had to order it from Spain but the chap was lovely to deal with.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, it was for sure the newer stuff. My favorite vanilla is Mona d Orio Vanille. I tend to like vanilla a bit more dry and more pod like. Its probably why I wasn't terribly fond of Tom Fords, or even SDV. But I never say never, there's those that are just super special (one of which I might wear tomorrow if its not too hot)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, it was for sure the newer stuff. My favorite vanilla is Mona d Orio Vanille. I tend to like vanilla a bit more dry and more pod like. Its probably why I wasn't terribly fond of Tom Fords, or even SDV. But I never say never, there's those that are just super special (one of which I might wear tomorrow if its not too hot)

I have one of those massive decanters of Tobacco Vanille, my Father used to smoke a pipe and it reminds me of him opening his tobacco pouch and the scent of the raw tobacco. I have to be in the mood for it though.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still wear my Caron Tabac Blond and love it, I wonder what happened to my Dragonfly who also loved it, has anyone seen her?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is probably way too low ball for you ladies but I got the KKW gardenia oud when she did 25% off and I really like it. It's warm and kind of spicy, nice for evening. It also has strong Jasmine to me which is certainly proving itself to me my thing. It's no Tom Ford but it was also about 20% of the cost so I can appreciate that.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is probably way too low ball for you ladies but I got the KKW gardenia oud when she did 25% off and I really like it. It's warm and kind of spicy, nice for evening. It also has strong Jasmine to me which is certainly proving itself to me my thing. It's no Tom Ford but it was also about 20% of the cost so I can appreciate that.

IMO no perfume is too lowbrow. This might sound bad but I'll try just about anything. Except Surplus. Why not that one? Well, its made with poo.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMO no perfume is too lowbrow. This might sound bad but I'll try just about anything. Except Surplus. Why not that one? Well, its made with poo.

Hahaha made with poo? You know what we need a perfume made with poo and cat pee. Now that would be something. :lol:

whatsthatsmell.gif

and @Asscherhalo_lover I'm with @Arcadian low brow high brow who cares...(speaking of brows though makes me long for my missing left brow sigh :( but I digress)... As long as it smells good on us that's what matters. And if it costs less than more power to it:appl:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Huh???? :shock:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll try just about anything. Except Surplus. Why not that one? Well, its made with poo.

https://fashionista.com/2011/03/int...nce-made-from-human-poo-and-its-disgusting-ad

INTRODUCING SURPLUS, THE FRAGRANCE MADE FROM HUMAN POO AND ITS DISGUSTING AD
Thank you Vice, for introducing us to Jammie Nicholas, the British artist who expresses himself by creating perfume made from his own poo. He sells
LEAH CHERNIKOFF
MAR 23, 2011

• Vice, for introducing us to Jammie Nicholas, the British artist who expresses himself by creating perfume made from his own poo. He sells his stink for £40 (that's $65) a bottle, and to date he's sold 25 of the 85 bottles he's created. He calls it "Surplus," tagline "Made from the Excesses of the Body."

So how did Nicholas come up with the idea? "I was reading a book by the French writer Dominique Laporte called The History Of Shit, which analyses the theoretical and social implications of faeces, and its role as a building material for cosmetics," he told Vice. "It suggested that pleasant smells were used to cover bad smells, so it could be suggested that a bad smell could be used to cover pleasant smells."

Sorry to have ruined your day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care about lowbrow either, if it smells good that's all I'm worried about. I picked up many of the last bottles of Molinard Habanita EDT for 20 quid each and I love it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
!!!!!!

Bloody disgusting, I mean WHY WOULD YOU?????

Gah.....

While I know that was a rhetorical question I would like to answer if I may...why? Because there are actually people insane enough to buy it and that old adage...any publicity is good publicity...so why not I guess is his thinking...
:shock:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I know that was a rhetorical question I would like to answer if I may...why? Because there are actually people insane enough to buy it and that old adage...any publicity is good publicity...so why not I guess is his thinking...
:shock:

I keep looking for a laugh emotie for many of your posts and I'm always disappointed to remember it's FB not here!

Well yes, more power to him if he can sell his Eau of his Bottom, he might want to change the colour of it though but I suppose it's not out and out brown.

Gah.....:errrr:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep looking for a laugh emotie for many of your posts and I'm always disappointed to remember it's FB not here!

Do any of these fun emojis fit the bill?

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emoticons.116324/

2056435t23vtdelto.gif

5013295x4kzhv5xfgffffff.gif

444lala.gif

1074.gif

1229620qt4v0vghp866.gif

1229637that61wn14.gif

1899429ix0yflafza.gif

and one of my favorites
Wahhhhh.gif

oh a few I must add just for you sweet Lorelei
rockon2.gif

welcome_back001.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way, I had to go and put on some No 5 pure parfum after that poop perfume to try to cleanse myself of it. :eek2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As you know, getting covered in horse poop/dog poop/ cat poop/ chicken poop/ parrot poop/ lovebird poop/ is a daily occurrence. Human poop though is something else entirely.

Gah.....:eek2:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a long time Chanel perfumes used civet cat urine/secretions in their formulation. Nowadays it's all synthetic.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a long time Chanel perfumes used civet cat urine/secretions in their formulation. Nowadays it's all synthetic.

I remember the old No 5 with the civet and nitromusks in, I got my first bottle of No 5 parfum back in the late 1970's and boy was that stuff strong! I'm very glad they use synthetics now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results