shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing my sample of Mojave Ghost by Byredo today. I applied it about an hour or two ago. Not sure what I think yet but so far not loving it. Goes on creamy, and sweet with a cedar background. Fruity, floral and woody. I definitely get pear from this as well as Magnolia. I don't think this is going to be FB worthy for me. Let's see.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:loopy:
I'm wearing my sample of Mojave Ghost by Byredo today. I applied it about an hour or two ago. Not sure what I think yet but so far not loving it. Goes on creamy, and sweet with a cedar background. Fruity, floral and woody. I definitely get pear from this as well as Magnolia. I don't think this is going to be FB worthy for me. Let's see.

Funny, missy, mojave ghost was a no for me as well. Too "thin", somehow...

How are you doing today @ksinger?

Sotd: Atelier Cologne jasmin Angelique.
LOVE

Rooty Angelica, citrus, jasmin. Soooo good. Not too perfumey, not too rooty and in the middle notes a minty cool note (on my skin).
An interesting,not overwhelming Jasmin.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing L'Artisan Rappelle-Toi. (old bottle) Gosh I love this. Hate smelling it from the bottle. When I smell from the bottle I do a visible recoil. But after its sprayed on....:love::love::lickout: The gardenia, honey, sandalwood form a bit of a buttered popcorn note, but then separate and you get a peppered gardenia. Its been said that the newer bottles have been heavily tampered with (a shame!)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing Daisy today. I haven't worn it in a while, so why not? I find it easy to wear, and light. It suits the spring vibe around here right now.
:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOTD Sel Marin by Heeley. Smells like the sea and beach. Salty and lemony and reminds me of vacation.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, if you like sel marin, you might appreciate parfums de nicolai's week-end in Normandy

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning I'm wearing Guerlain Angelique Noir. I got lots of work to do today...lets see if I actually get it finished:P2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Discovered Voyage et Cie while on holiday....bought Violet. It stays! :appl: May buy others.....:mrgreen2:

cheers--Sharon

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chanel Cristalle eau Verte.
Spring weather at last! Cristalle Eau verte is about perfect for this. Fresh, citrusy and floral with a creamy magnolia heart.
Only complaint: to me it has nothing in common with Cristalle and its not overly green, let alone greener than the original....
A very nice scent in it's own right.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing Cuir Velours by Naomi Goodsir today.
A nice blend of leather and tobacco and musk. Warm and comforting and sexy.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prada No.2 layered with Kiehl's musk. Why I never tried this before is beyond me (its soooo gooood!!!):love::love:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What's your favorite bed time scent? I think I reach for sweet scents that have "easy" top and middle notes the most. They feel cozy to me. For me such scents include Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme, Amouage Lyric, Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule and Montale Blue Amber. I am wearing Noir Pour Femme tonight.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's your favorite bed time scent? I think I reach for sweet scents that have "easy" top and middle notes the most. They feel cozy to me. For me such scents include Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme, Amouage Lyric, Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule and Montale Blue Amber. I am wearing Noir Pour Femme tonight.

I always spray La Vanila Lavender right before I get into the bed at night. It is relaxing and comforting and calming and easy. Smooth and serene. The perfect bedtime fragrance. Not long lasting but just enough time to relax and fall asleep.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Kilian Moonlight in Heaven. I like it a lot, I do. But today I'm reminded of Bath and Body Works Tropical Passionfruit... It was good in its day of course! My bottle finally gave up the ghost last year. Sad that BW TP was 6 dollars and this stuff is nearly 300....:cry2:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wearing the new Coco Mademoiselle Intense recently, Chanel really did a good job with it.

Also Love By Kilian's been worn a lot and Malle's A Portrait of a Lady today.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing Naomi Goodsir again today but this time I am wearing Bois d'Ascese. I really love this perfume. It's very smoky and tobaccoey. My dh is not a huge fan of this one on me sadly so I dont wear it as often as I would if he was. It's such a woodsy warm scent. I love it.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TokyoMilk Dark Novacaine today. I really like this one!

And @Lorelei it is good to see your face, lady! :wavey:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TokyoMilk Dark Novacaine today. I really like this one!

And @Lorelei it is good to see your face, lady! :wavey:

Thanks darling, you too! I popped in when Lisa told me the very sad news and thought I'd jump in for a bit. xo

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks darling, you too! I popped in when Lisa told me the very sad news and thought I'd jump in for a bit. xo

I just recently came back after a long PS break and I’m glad to be back. I missed this place! It’s so good to see everyone again! :mrgreen2:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like Hermes was almost meant to be layered - I'm not a fan of doing it myself, but it's so easy that I can't help myself with that brand. I like to layer Santal Masaoia with Narcisse Bleu.

Vol de Nuit for me me today.

I love VdN, I have the extrait and some old bottles of EDT in the blue cannister sprays, that stuff's autumn in a bottle. <3

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love VdN, I have the extrait and some old bottles of EDT in the blue cannister sprays, that stuff's autumn in a bottle. <3
I wore it again last night (and the night before). I can't get enough of it. I bought 2 of those little square parfum testers on ebay, and I have a few 90's bottles of the EDT. I'd love to have that blue canister!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I put it on today dane as you mentioned it, I have those little square bottles too, I hoard those!

The blue cannister is from the eighties I think when Guerlain used to offer those gold Secrets de Madame cases that the cannisters fitted into, there's EDT in those and it's tremendous, it almost makes you cry to smell it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you ladies have any suggestions for a new scent for DH? He wears Bleu but has worn it for so long he's nose blind. Macy's has 15% off so now's the time!

Creed Aventus gets fantastic reviews, give it a sniff!

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I put it on today dane as you mentioned it, I have those little square bottles too, I hoard those!

The blue cannister is from the eighties I think when Guerlain used to offer those gold Secrets de Madame cases that the cannisters fitted into, there's EDT in those and it's tremendous, it almost makes you cry to smell it.

I have the refillable gold canister from the 80's that I continue to fill with whatever will go in it. I think what you're talking about are the Sucrier de Madame canisters - which I would kill for!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Lorelei great to see you stop by!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the refillable gold canister from the 80's that I continue to fill with whatever will go in it. I think what you're talking about are the Sucrier de Madame canisters - which I would kill for!

Those are the ones and I have three big VdN eau de toilettes to fit in one, now I just need the canister.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results