Fragrance of the Day Thread

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love By Kilian today.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Diorissimo EDT is gone now since it's been a few hours. Creed Fleur de The Rose Bulgare for the afternoon. A safe, citrusy rose.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diorissimo EDT is gone now since it's been a few hours. Creed Fleur de The Rose Bulgare for the afternoon. A safe, citrusy rose.

I love Diorissimo, I have a bottle from 2005, I'll have to get it out.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lily of valley smells like spring to me. :kiss2:

I agree, it's THE smell of spring and Diorissimo has never been bettered I don't think.

If you ever fancy a very beautiful lilac, puredistance Opardu is spendy but gorgeous.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing the smells of rosemary and tea tree.....lol Its hair and face day so no perfumes.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes indeedy, I have both.

Vanille d'Iris is soft and dense and silky whereas Orris Noir is sharper and like dry cinnamon and vanilla woods.

I love Orris Noir too, it also has this minty thing going on I find, not sure which note it is, possibly the orris.

Thanks Lorelei, sounds like I have yo try it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lorelei, sounds like I have yo try it!

Most welcome! If you can, try the pure parfum of Vanille d'Iris, it's exceptional. OJ can tailor your parfum to your desired strength, I have the 40% pure parfum which is a bit more expensive but so worth it.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most welcome! If you can, try the pure parfum of Vanille d'Iris, it's exceptional. OJ can tailor your parfum to your desired strength, I have the 40% pure parfum which is a bit more expensive but so worth it.

This sounds glorious..mmhh

En Passant seemed fitting for today so I am wearing it now.

TWINS! I thought the same today (spring weather)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just sprayed on some Profumum Roma Vanitas, it's a rich orangey vanilla, very nice.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just sprayed on some Profumum Roma Vanitas, it's a rich orangey vanilla, very nice.

Sounds lovely. Must investigate!:mrgreen2:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds lovely. Must investigate!:mrgreen2:

Do try it, it's lovely. You'd think it would be heavy but it's actually not, it's sweet with a touch of burnt sugar and orange, but it's gentle. Plus it lasts. Along with Tihota and Guerlain Spiritueuse double Vanille, it's considered to be one of the best vanillas and I can see why.

I also have Confetto by Profumum Roma which is all almond but I can't wear it. That one's similar to Dior's Hypnotic Poison but I much prefer Dior's version.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This sounds glorious..mmhh

It really is kipari, it also has this vintage makeup vibe going on which is probably the iris. In a sea of constant new releases, most of which are excellent, this one isn't well known which is a shame as it deserves to be.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not wearing any perfume but I smell of carrot seed oil I used on my face. It's soooo strong, the scent, and people not used to the smell of essential oils or strong fragrances in general might find it revolting.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oops I hit post too soon. It smells like some insecticide. But it really works at evening out the complexion and I highly recommend it, so I gladly put up with the insecticide smell! I think the active ingredient is retinol, or something that metabolizes to retino.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today it's Dior's Ambre Nuit.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
En Passant again! So fleeting and ethereal.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not wearing any perfume but I smell of carrot seed oil I used on my face. It's soooo strong, the scent, and people not used to the smell of essential oils or strong fragrances in general might find it revolting.

Oops I hit post too soon. It smells like some insecticide. But it really works at evening out the complexion and I highly recommend it, so I gladly put up with the insecticide smell! I think the active ingredient is retinol, or something that metabolizes to retino.

Yes I agree with you that many essential oils do smell like insecticide.:knockout:
I am glad the retinol helps your skin. For those of us with sensitive skin I urge caution. Personally I could never tolerate something like that on my skin. My skin is super reactive. For anyone trying essential oils for the first time make sure you dilute and patch test. Critical to patch test.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Parfums Del Rae Mythique with a little dusting of demeter's hawiian vanilla. This is a really good combo and very complimentary!

Hawiian vanilla smells a little roasted and slightly milky. Mythique is warm skin; musky, a bit sappy green, a tiny bit floral, a little bit of dirt.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOTD Baraonda Nasomatto. Musk, Whiskey, Rose, Woody. Trying a sample. Let's see how it develops.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Parfums Del Rae Mythique with a little dusting of demeter's hawiian vanilla. This is a really good combo and very complimentary!

Hawiian vanilla smells a little roasted and slightly milky. Mythique is warm skin; musky, a bit sappy green, a tiny bit floral, a little bit of dirt.

That sounds delicious!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds delicious!

Mythyique I've had since it came out (same bottle...lol) I find it to be quite strong actually. Demeter's turn up at TJMaxx and Marshalls quite often and usually for pretty cheap. This one was 4.99 for the 1oz bottle. I occassionally use it as a room freshener:lol-2:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes I agree with you that many essential oils do smell like insecticide.:knockout:
I am glad the retinol helps your skin. For those of us with sensitive skin I urge caution. Personally I could never tolerate something like that on my skin. My skin is super reactive. For anyone trying essential oils for the first time make sure you dilute and patch test. Critical to patch test.

For sure. Essential oils need to be very dilute, like just one drop mixed in - they are potent! And patch test first and avoid sensitive areas like the eye.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For sure. Essential oils need to be very dilute, like just one drop mixed in - they are potent! And patch test first and avoid sensitive areas like the eye.

I have to admit there are SEVERAL I use full strength. Tea tree for zits (smells like gas) and Rosemary on my scalp But admittedly I am very used to these, use them sometimes and worked my way up to megaton usage

What caused me issue was jasmine and lavender. Both causted the worse rash I ever felt! But likewise the flowers also can cause me issues (and too bad they both smell good!) And citrus can as well, but I also have been known to have issues with citrus if other allergies act crazy.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to admit there are SEVERAL I use full strength. Tea tree for zits (smells like gas) and Rosemary on my scalp But admittedly I am very used to these, use them sometimes and worked my way up to megaton usage

What caused me issue was jasmine and lavender. Both causted the worse rash I ever felt! But likewise the flowers also can cause me issues (and too bad they both smell good!) And citrus can as well, but I also have been known to have issues with citrus if other allergies act crazy.

I think it's very possible for the skin to just get accustomed to whatever product is being used on it. For example the carrot seed oil used to burn my skin (not like serious burn but a stinging sensation) at the beginning but now I don't feel anything even if I use three drops.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I tried the new Frederic Malle on the weekend - Music For A While (weird name). Basically lavender and pineapple, with an herbal-geranium-patchouli drydown.

I was shocked at how much I loved it. I've already used up my sample an am craving more. I'm in lust.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results