shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tonight its cool enough for Lubin Akkad infused with Keiko de Mecheri Attar de Roses.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain Angélique Noire. Best gift ever :kiss2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today out of the sample drawer, I'm wearing Yves Saint Laurent Paris Nuit de Fete. Its a sweeter version of Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose but YSL did it first. Not as waxy as LR but the violet and roses here are really lovely. The Original Paris is a bit like a sugar bomb. This is quieter, but still with amazing longevity.

Some have compared Paris with Chanel Misia but aside from the violets and rose, I don't see them as being too similar.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chanel bois des îles. I like it, but don't love it. And every now ans then re-try ... it's a perfumista fave, so I always think I'll "get" it someday.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari I'm wearing BdI right now! I do indeed love it. thankfully though the adehydes in the EDP are not as big as the EDT versions. I wish they sold it in bigger bottles....

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian I have a sample of the new edp.

Had a lengthy discussion wih the sa of the freestanding Chanel fragrance boutique in the marais about the reformulation. MAN, that was totally pointless. Thought they were well trained, but no.:roll
She didn't get when I wanted ro try the extrait as well and I just left ...next time maybe...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian I have a sample of the new edp.

Had a lengthy discussion wih the sa of the freestanding Chanel fragrance boutique in the marais about the reformulation. MAN, that was totally pointless. Thought they were well trained, but no.:roll
She didn't get when I wanted ro try the extrait as well and I just left ...next time maybe...

yeah...they're better with the clothes frankly.

Guerlain on the other hand has fantastic folks in the standalone boutiques. I think its because all they do is makeup and perfumes....

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, but this is a cosmetics only Chanel boutique :roll:roll

It's perfumista confession time for me btw :
I got a 100 ml bottle of Chanel Gabrielle for my b'day on Sunday. In-laws know I love perfume and Chanel, so I can see they really tried. So I thanked them, opened and spritzed - thought, what the heck they wanted to make me happy.

I have to report that this has grown on me. It's a great scent for when you want "pretty": office/parent teacher reunions/ Christmas gtgs. I spray liberally and think in summer it'll be even more versatile. Lasting power is actually quite decent.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
in a rose mood, so wearing Aramis Calligraphy Rose

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still in a rose mood.
I had purchased some rose Otto's from Eden Botanical. So I decided to use a dab with Guerlain Angelique Noir. OMG, heaven!!!!:kiss2:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Estee Lauder amber mystique
The classic oud /rose combo plus amber and a peppery note.
It's woody and slightly bitter on me ( which I like). I love how it's a real powerhouse scent and lasting power and sillage are excellent.
When I want to sweeten the rose a bit, I layer with my rose flash body oil. Yesterday added a spritz of rose flash edp.....not bad either.
Love this in winter.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing a sample of Slumberhouse Kiste. Lots of druken sweet peach + tobacco. Not sure if its really me, but its got excellent longevity

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kiste (cistus ? - via subconscious sugestion ?)

Interesting fragrance & house !

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Jour d'Hermes. Marshalls had the itty bitty tiny sizes so I got one. Its ok, reminds me of Chanel Gabrielle except maybe smoother citrus. Nice enough but just a bit boring for me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to get back into this thread. I will have a lot of catching up to do. I wear scent every day, but I have been wearing it with no imagination at all. I just shower to be clean, then put on a clean scent: rhubarb or a citrus-y scent. I caught sight of some of your postings and felt my heart beat a little faster. Maybe your enthusiasm will be catching!

I did buy scent for two men in my life at Christmas time: my great nephew and my father's last caregiver. I gave my great-nephew "Cedrat Boise" by Mancera, about which I had only read until he opened it. I am giving Derrick "Oyedo" by Diptyque. Each bottle from Lucky Scents came with gift "ten pack" of samples for men, so I gave my husband (who loves samples and hates my spending money) the two ten packs of samples, nicely gift wrapped, and told him I hadn't spent a dime on them. He was happy until he realized I had bought our great-nephew a bottle of cologne, and he said, "So they weren't free, after all". And I told him he knew there was no such thing as a free lunch! ;))

Deb :wavey:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... I gave my husband (who loves samples and hates my spending money) the two ten packs of samples ...

This is how It starts ,-)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is how It starts ,-)

Haha! You are right. When our daughter goes to Virginia to visit him he takes her into Sephora and sprays himself all over with scent. He also buys lots and lots of "imitation" scents at the dollar store that they have in Virginia. (We don't have one here.) Everything in that store is actually $1.00. And some of the men's scents smell great!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The weather was quite raw today and it never got out of the 60's. So I took a chance and wore Molinard Habanita. It was "just" chilly enough to enjoy, thankfully. I have to do a walk through of the EDT as its so strong an long lasting.

Deb, its always great to see you around these parts! if you ever get opportunity, hit up a guerlain boutique. Right after christmas I tried Neroli Outrenoir which is really really good. Quite long lasting as well.

I also think you'd probably love Angelique Noir. Its noir only as its a bit of a bitter/bracing angelica that smoothed and soothed by the best vanilla I've ever had. (not sugary, not too woody) And the bergamont here is really TDF...

Oh and a lovely friend sent me a pretty large decant of Mahora, which was reissued a Mayotte I believe. I've yet to give it a real test (tried it years ago but my memory fails me on this one)

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so in love with Bois D'Ascese. I know it is a male fragrance but I am wearing a sample I purchased from Luckyscent and it is FB worthy to me!

https://www.luckyscent.com/product/59301/bois-dascese-by-naomi-goodsir

It smells so good. It envelops me in love and warmth and comfort. Has anyone here tried this perfume?

Male, female, if it smells good who cares! LOL You bring something different to the table which is good. Sometimes I get in a weird floral rut (like earlier last month I was hankering for roses) the men's side of the aisle can be just as interesting for sure.

Speaking of, I tried Mugler's A*men Kryptomint. a bit like mint chocolate toothpaste. it was different. A*men tonka though is gorgeous! I have a tonka perfume, but if I didn't, it would have been mine!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Elizabeth & James Nirvanva - French Grey

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Male, female, if it smells good who cares! LOL You bring something different to the table which is good. Sometimes I get in a weird floral rut (like earlier last month I was hankering for roses) the men's side of the aisle can be just as interesting for sure.

Speaking of, I tried Mugler's A*men Kryptomint. a bit like mint chocolate toothpaste. it was different. A*men tonka though is gorgeous! I have a tonka perfume, but if I didn't, it would have been mine!

Speaking of ruts I usually am in a vanilla/tonka rut so I get you.

Ohh now you have piqued my interest with A*men tonka. I LOVE tonka. But I do have many perfumes with tonka so maybe I should wait. All the perfumes I love (and I know you get me here) are not inexpensive. The Bois D'Ascese I believe is just under $200 for 50 ml. But it is worth it. IMO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to get back into this thread. I will have a lot of catching up to do. I wear scent every day, but I have been wearing it with no imagination at all. I just shower to be clean, then put on a clean scent: rhubarb or a citrus-y scent. I caught sight of some of your postings and felt my heart beat a little faster. Maybe your enthusiasm will be catching!

I did buy scent for two men in my life at Christmas time: my great nephew and my father's last caregiver. I gave my great-nephew "Cedrat Boise" by Mancera, about which I had only read until he opened it. I am giving Derrick "Oyedo" by Diptyque. Each bottle from Lucky Scents came with gift "ten pack" of samples for men, so I gave my husband (who loves samples and hates my spending money) the two ten packs of samples, nicely gift wrapped, and told him I hadn't spent a dime on them. He was happy until he realized I had bought our great-nephew a bottle of cologne, and he said, "So they weren't free, after all". And I told him he knew there was no such thing as a free lunch! ;))

Deb :wavey:

Hahaha I had a professor in graduate school who used to say that all the time..."No such thing as a free lunch" when we had to listen to a lecture by the pharmaceutical and machine companies when they would invite us to their "free" lunch. LOL good times.;))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight I'm wearing Miller et Bertaux Oh, ooOoh ...oh (yes REALLY!!!) It smells like you're out in the woods having a doobie...lol But its very very nice. People say its fresh and they weren't kidding! I find it to be interesting and fun, though not really me!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK. I finally got off my duff and started trying decants. Such fun!

Today I'm wearing Frederic Malle Iris Poudre. I'm still a perfume note idiot, but the first indication that a perfume is going to be a keeper for me (and it's been this way long before my forays into the world of decants) is, do I want to keep my nose glued to whatever body part I've applied scent to (and that doesn't give me a crick in the neck!). It appears that this one is one of those. May have to have more.

At least I'm starting to figure out what I like. And find some new stuff. Most of the stuff I've smelled in recent years has bored me. Now I'm finding some things that get me whomped up.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iris Poudre is such a pretty, white purple scent to me. I can't explain why I see it that way I just do. but then again I love the color purple so....:mrgreen2: Before I had so many I drained a 50ml bottle of this in 4 months. yeah I was loving it.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I wrote down all the scents I've worn in a lifetime. Not many by some standards, but there is a theme. Ish. I really do like aldehydes. There. I've said it. Apparently (I find on the forums) those are hopelessly old-fashioned. Whatever. I'm a product of my times but also don't like things just because of fashion. Aldehyde florals, white florals, roses.

I did take a risk on a vintage scent. I got some Farouche, a perfume my mother had. You said white purple, but Farouche was light grey silk with little black dots, always. Bizarre, but there it is. I don't know notes, but I get colors and impressions. Anyway, I got the perfume and not the EDT that my mom had, so I knew it might smell different. And it does. How could it not, after 40 years? I'm not sure I like it anymore, if it's off, or it's the concentration. I'll give it another couple of tries. But there's so much out there to try, no sweat, right?

I'm having fun with this, and that's the important part, right?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results