carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Amouage Beloved.

Every time you write 'Amouage' my ears perk up !

Beloved - I have not tried it yet ...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time you write 'Amouage' my ears perk up !

Beloved - I have not tried it yet ...

lol its worth trying, trust me.

There's a lot of the newer ones out there that I can give a pass to though. Myths is really kinda weird....chrysanethemums and dirt. thats pretty much all I got. Figment was peppery magnolia. Blossom Love was weirdly generic, but I don't really like cherry blossom much. Lilac Love was really pretty...just not lilac...lol.

They got Bracken woman right though. I cannot get that one out of my head. One I have not tried (is due for release in 2018 I believe) is Beach Hut woman. If I went with bracken, it would be the 8th full bottle Amouage. I obviously need to make more money or get me a sugar daddy...lol

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I certainly do not love everything from this label, however, all the very few perfumes that I like are by them ! I can live in their Library (no one favorite ...). Tribute could have remained my one & only.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lol its worth trying, trust me.

There's a lot of the newer ones out there that I can give a pass to though. Myths is really kinda weird....chrysanethemums and dirt. thats pretty much all I got. Figment was peppery magnolia. Blossom Love was weirdly generic, but I don't really like cherry blossom much. Lilac Love was really pretty...just not lilac...lol.

They got Bracken woman right though. I cannot get that one out of my head. One I have not tried (is due for release in 2018 I believe) is Beach Hut woman. If I went with bracken, it would be the 8th full bottle Amouage. I obviously need to make more money or get me a sugar daddy...lol
Hi, I wanted to pop back in and thank you for suggestions for perfumes. I am in the midst of trying out samples from Lucky scents and really enjoying the process. Just wanted to tell you how much I appreciated you taking time out to research scents for me.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@derbygal I need to spend more time with this line. Last I tried them was white and black, but now there's a whole crop of them!

Today I'm wearing Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose. I kind of like makeup scents though I have to be in that type of mood for them. Makeup scents put me in the mood to actually dig out the stuff and wear it....lol maybe thats why I don't bother because it can take me such a long time to spackle myself!

Chanel Misia is in the same vein (though lighter?) though here, there's a sort of whitewashed beeswaxiness of the lipstick where as with chanel that wax is not as strong of a smell. In both you get the distinct powdery feel of makeup, but unlike Histoires de Parfums Moulin Rouge, its not and exaggerated stage makeup.

I forget how old this one is... but it was a split of a 30ml travel set some years ago. Its still available but its taken me years to get through 10MLs. I may not bother with a full bottle at this point.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I pulled out Guerlain Flora Nymphea. The Aqua Allegoria line sometimes gets discontinued very quickly, so you grab what you can when its available. I admittedly don't wear this often, its a discontinued fragrance but I can't really blame it on that. Orange blossom can go one of 2 ways, sweet, or soapy. And here its like a bar of soap. I don't mind that really, its a hot one today. There's also honey, which reads more like beeswax than honey, added to less of a perfume and more of a soap.

To its credit it does last longer than most of the AA line. And no nose acrobatics here (which to be frank, I don't want or need that today.) its been compared with Chanel Beige, and I don't get that. At all.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Embarrasingly enough, its not everything, just what I use the most of...usually. This is the after photo of getting rid of some I don't use. :oops2: :lol-2:

20171010_arc_perfumes.jpg

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
its been compared with Chanel Beige, and I don't get that. At all.

Sacrilege!! Don't get that at all either!!

Embarrasingly enough, its not everything, just what I use the most of...usually. This is the after photo of getting rid of some I don't use. :oops2: :lol-2:

20171010_arc_perfumes.jpg

:appl:

I have been wearing Andy Tauer's Vanilla flash every.single.day ... and for the days when I decided otherwise I regretted by noon .. and changed to VF - this is as close to a perfume monogamist as I'll ever get :mrgreen2:
But also no news for the "fragrance of the day"thread...

I did dig out my bottle of Coco Mademoiselle however, after @Arcadian talked about hers. It's about 8 y/o pure perfume and smells amazing- sans the screechy sugar note... remember why I bought it back then...
Another "shopping in my own perfume closet" moment for me ... yay!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sacrilege!! Don't get that at all either!!

:appl:

I have been wearing Andy Tauer's Vanilla flash every.single.day ... and for the days when I decided otherwise I regretted by noon .. and changed to VF - this is as close to a perfume monogamist as I'll ever get :mrgreen2:
But also no news for the "fragrance of the day"thread...

I did dig out my bottle of Coco Mademoiselle however, after @Arcadian talked about hers. It's about 8 y/o pure perfume and smells amazing- sans the screechy sugar note... remember why I bought it back then...
Another "shopping in my own perfume closet" moment for me ... yay!

More than a few times I amped up the rose in CM with SL Sa majestic la rose (such a staple scent!!!) and it really worked very well. that may well stave off the sugar a bit too. Of course the sillage was ridiculous but I do have those "I don't care, smell me coming and going" days...:mrgreen:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all fits in less than a walk-in closet !

=)2

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I have such a pedestrian collection of fragrance lolol. I've just been spraying Victoria's Secret bombshell summer edition body mist in the air and walking into it lolol (when I remember to).

DH used to dab on l'occitane's trio of grass collection Bc he liked tea and jasmine scents. I am thankful that he didn't wear anything popular bc scent memory is powerful and I'd lose my shit if I smelled him somewhere.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More than a few times I amped up the rose in CM with SL Sa majestic la rose (such a staple scent!!!) and it really worked very well. that may well stave off the sugar a bit too. Of course the sillage was ridiculous but I do have those "I don't care, smell me coming and going" days...:mrgreen:

Wheeeew, this sounds fierce, gotta try that !(need to find a day w/out any time in confined spaces with unsuspecting perfume muggles, though)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I have such a pedestrian collection of fragrance lolol. I've just been spraying Victoria's Secret bombshell summer edition body mist in the air and walking into it lolol (when I remember to).

DH used to dab on l'occitane's trio of grass collection Bc he liked tea and jasmine scents. I am thankful that he didn't wear anything popular bc scent memory is powerful and I'd lose my shit if I smelled him somewhere.

Ya know, we all had to start somewhere;)2:lol-2: My mom was an Avon Lady, which I think is the reason why I love scents so much. It was just always around. And Skin so Soft. Used to love that stuff:love: VS and Bath and Body Works can have some really nice stuff, which for me is love hate because they like to discontinue the stuff I like the most!

And I still love L'Occitane Eau des Baux. My other half kept using my bottle and it would end up in HIS closet.:eek2::roll2: I let him keep it there. He tried that with Costume National Scent Intense and I told him to get his own:lol:

I miss being in the NE because NYC was a train ride away, and I could hit all the smelly boutiques to my hearts desire. And Barneys. And Bergdorfs (I feel like crying now...)

But like gems, its all about knowing where to shop. The good thing is, most of those places would load you up for bear with samples of stuff to try.

Yeah scent memory is a bit nuts. I can't wear Chanel no. 5 because my grandmother wore it. She's been gone since 1997 and I still get misty eyed when I smell it. My dad wore whatever my mom told him to...lol but my mom has all kinds of stuff, so thankfully I will never get used to her scent like my grandmother's.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Isabey Gardenia. This is their extrait. Not really gardenia here, more ylang-ylang, sandalwood and amber. Gardenia here is more or less hidden. But its pretty. A bit powdery, polite, very femme and surprisingly not exactly loud...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah scent memory is a bit nuts. I can't wear Chanel no. 5 because my grandmother wore it.

I am left with the memory of my grandfather's lavande / leather / tobacco without a name. Now that you & @PintoBean got me thinking, I am not so sure I could wear the thing, even if I found its match ...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@valaria, I have just south of 100 bottles. There are perfumistas (male and female!) that have whole rooms dedicated to perfume. I don't have the space for such a thing in my house!!

I will never be that bad, I tend to get rid of stuff I don't wear pretty quickly. But like potato chips, its hard to have just one (or a few...)

My grandfather also wore a lavender based cologne. I got a whiff of Caron Pour un Homme and it smells just like him. I always wondered if that was it, its a rather simple perfume, but no clue really.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its finally cool enough for something on the heavy side, so today I'm wearing Balmain Ambre Gris. In the NE this is wearable just about year round. Here that would be a negative. Its just right for the cooler weather we're getting today.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally cooler evenings!! Kinda relative as its 80F degrees, but again, it could be a lot hotter. Tonight I welcome "fall" with Comme des Garcons Daphne.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing a layer of chanel beige and coromandel. They're very complimentary as one is more or less a base for the other.

So I was in Target at the checkout, and I feel someone tap me on the shoulder. Had to be a young lady about early 20's. she was like "you smell SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD":lol-2: Her mother was also with her and turned beet red. She was like OMG, girl, you don't even know her! :lol: :lol:She was like "but mom she smells amazing. she smells SOOOOOO EXPENNNNNNSSSIIIVVEE":lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

Well I certainly hope so considering how much the damn things cost!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'early 20's' ! You kidding ...

I've just raided Chanel for colour, but did not go anywhere close to the fragrance shelf ... Now that you mention Coromandel again, I cannot recall it ! [reason to go back & properly shop]
_

I had opened this thread for a reason - to ask: do you also use any fragrances for the house ?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
'early 20's' ! You kidding ...

I've just raided Chanel for colour, but did not go anywhere close to the fragrance shelf ... Now that you mention Coromandel again, I cannot recall it ! [reason to go back & properly shop]
_

I had opened this thread for a reason - to ask: do you also use any fragrances for the house ?

Not really, I try to be careful not to overscent the house because of the perfumes I wear but also because of the dog. I do scent certain rooms like the bathrooms, which I use herb sachettes. I have a couple of Diptyque candles which are highly scented, But I use pretty sparingly given the small footprint of this house plus, all the greenery outside!! I have a magnolia bush that is gorgeous!!! I also have jasmine in the yard and i have a full grown plumberia tree too.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have answered a question I had not asked: why would I even want to do this now ... Answer: at the country house, the front is overrun with jasmine - growing right next to a lemmon ... A work studio where I got stuck for weeks now, gets its 'signature scent' from nearby public works. My city (non)-sense of smell has obviously gotten spoiled !

Magnolias are magnificent ! All of them !

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I wore Serge Lutens Chergui.. I'm calling it "vintage" as it came from when Chergui was on loan to the export line (for those who remember, thats the black box/label stuff). SL will be going from 50ml to 100ml and discontinuing some in the process. I'll miss it when my bottle is gone (I won't buy another I don't like the smell of the new stuff)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to take a few days off because of migraines. Today I'm taking it easy (yeah right!!:P2) Ok I really went hog wild and am wearing a layering of Chanel Coromandel and Aramis Calligraphy Rose. A spray of each is about all I can handle (its a very heady but beautiful mix!)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deadline deadline, today is Chanel Bois des Iles day...lol

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got this in the mail - WWW

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning I woke up to 55 degrees. Not a biggie, I'm a new englander at heart...lol o_O A jacket and a pair of shorts with flip flops to walk the dog.

But I dipped into the cooler weather perfumes. I really miss wearing these perfumes so of course try to find the best days to wear.

to that end, I wore YSL Opium Orchidee de Chine. This dosen't pack the whollop of the original but its just as long lasting. too bad they discontinued this one.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Haught Pafum Chocolate Wasted. I smell like I rolled around in a vat of hot chocolate. (the good kind!!)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@valeria101 thats pretty interesting! Never seen anything like that before! do tell how it works!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I forgot there was this thread!! Today I am wearing Guerlain's "Angelique Noire". Sweet and spicy. One of my newest perfumes. =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results