shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ormonde Jayne Orris Noir... creamy iris, floral notes, tea... a bit of citrus in the opening.. later warmer and a bit powdery.

I have to gain more self control, because any tea note inevitably leads to a fb purchase for me. Lol

Only complaint: hate the name, since it's so misleading. Definitely not a dark orris at all!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The material is quite unique. I imagine perfume would stain it, but ... I can see a rock on the table, with a small basin (spoon-sized, a little deeper) polished on top, so I can drip my favorite stuffs on ... If the rock becomes fragrant as a result, it will have done its job X10.

I use a little agate dish this way as it is (some hardstone bowls are made for lab use - the most precise carving & extremely fine grained chalcedony ! ... that tight grain prevents stone scenting)

____
Footnote: I tried some new YSL on today ... I think they call it Old Taxi Essence ...

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
This morning there is a Fall nip in the air so I have pulled out my favorite gourmand for Fall and Winter- Guerlain's "Gourmand Coquin". Think boozy chocolate, but not a milky chocolate. More like a rich, dark, decadent cacao and then add rum. :lickout: Perhaps the most complimented (by men) perfume I own.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another Ormonde Jayne for me...

Champaca. I love the oscillating between cheerful and citrusy fliral and the comforting rice pudding notes.

Oddly this is my 10 y /o son's favourite perfume on me. We're on holidays and he specifically asked me to take "Champaca" - he even remembers the name!- into my bag. Of course I had to oblige...

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I am basically a gourmand lover- especially as Fall and Winter settle in. There is something comforting and cozy about them-like a thick blanket envelopes you as you sit in front of a crackling fireplace. So for today I have pulled out Profumi del forte "Versilia Aurum". A bit of a fruity floral with a thick cloud of tonka and vanilla, but with a bit of powder and musk.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a rich, dark, decadent cacao and then add rum

The curse of cocoa butter -everything ! Occitane's cocoa goods are often more strongly cocoa scented than much of the edible chocolate around [dark & dash of single malt for me]

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So today I'm wearing Sarah Jessica Parker Stash. This is not your average celeb scent and no candy in sight! Its really gorgeous, deep but light. If I didn't know whos name is on the bottle I would have thought it was a niche perfumer. She's quite the frag head herself so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised. Quality is actually quite good. The musk is a bit harsh for me, but only in the beginning. once the notes start blending it calms down (thankfully).

Its a really dry and nice day so goes well. I could see wearing this in hotter temps (as long as its dry heat!)

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I have not tried any of SJP's frags so sounds like I need to go sniff a few. I generally here good things about them, and if she's a frag head herself that makes sense that her scents would be better than the average celebrity perfume!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pinkjewel I think you'll like them. Sure she's got some that are not that great but I can't think of a house that dosen't.

Covet which I believe is discontinued, was really a strange beast. One I actually liked. I wore it for a time but like many perfumistas, once the bottle was gone, moved on. Think its still found in the grey market and ebay for not too much. The lovely line was...lovely. Not me though.

Anyway she stopped making her perfumes through Coty and now has her own website which she sells them. Ulta Beauty was Stash exclusive (not sure if that is still true though?)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today its still chilly, so I'm wearing Coco chanel (vintage) I could wait for a colder day, but who the heck knows when that will be down here...lol I added a drop of rose oil to the mix. I always felt this perfume went well with roses.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I went through the sample drawer and pulled out Salvador Dali Dalimix Black. Easily unisex, this has fruit but not candy fruit, the woods and oak moss are very big on me. Really like this for the drier times of the year :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Serge Lutens un Lys (this one is from the sample drawer) Gosh I wear this and love it, but I'm always forgetting I have a really nice sized sample of it (maybe a sign of having too many samples??) I have to admit lilies aren't a favorite perfume note but I love when they're done right.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I sprayed a little of this and that. I've got a ridiculous sample drawer that I can never find anything in (and its full!) The plan is tomorrow take an hour or 2 and start pitching what looks old or might be bad.

But I hit TJMaxx today. Demeter was on the list. Cannibus flower (smells exactly like it says), Jasmine, Baby powder, russian leather, and hawaiian vanilla. yes a spritz of each and it amazingly smelled good together...lol

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every day you are picking a different scent & I am opening this thread to see 'what now ,-)' - as if the calendar might be a candy box !

Opus IX running dry today.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm fighting some weird little bug unfortunately. Today I kept it simple with Habanita L'Esprit. Hopefully no body else gets this stuff. blah... :sick:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't usually like sweet vanillas but I do like Demeter's Hawaiian Vanilla. Its really not sugary but its definitely vanilla. No play dough either. and amazing part is how long it actually lasts (I still smell it from this morning!) For those interested, you can sometimes find the small 30ml bottles at either TJ Maxx or Marshalls for 7 dollars.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm working working working with barely time to breathe.... and we've got nothing but lots of rain this week.

today I'm wearing chanel coromandel.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I visited the Bond No 9 counter at Saks. I didn't buy anything but they're still having their event down here: B2GO + 75 dollar gift card today. Do I smell like a perfume counter right now? of course I do! :P2

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing Bruno Acampora perfume oil today and loving it. It is a very sensual and ethereal scent. Just delicious.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tauerville rose flash body oil and vintage Coco Mademoiselle extrait (CM without any sugary screechy notes).

Nice combo, was thinking of @Arcadian , who commented on layering SL sa majesté la rose with CM... and gave it a shot.
Will wear this again...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I've not been keeping up with this thread as I've been working my buns off to meet a deadline. I hate deadlines...

Anyway Today I'm wearing Chergui.

@kipari very cool! I love trying layers of perfumes. They sometimes work but sometimes :cry2::sick:.....lol

So I'm having a tossup; Either I buy a full bottle of Histoires de Parfums 1969, or a full bottle of Guerlain Angelic Noir, or a full bottle of Amouage {take your pick}.

Here's whats sad; Any of the above is cheaper than the blue zircon I have a hankering for right now.:confused2:

why do I torture myself?:evil2::lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I've not been keeping up with this thread as I've been working my buns off to meet a deadline. I hate deadlines...

@kipari very cool! I love trying layers of perfumes. They sometimes work but sometimes :cry2::sick:.....lol

So I'm having a tossup; Either I buy a full bottle of Histoires de Parfums 1969, or a full bottle of Guerlain Angelic Noir, or a full bottle of Amouage {take your pick}.

Here's whats sad; Any of the above is cheaper than the blue zircon I have a hankering for right now.:confused2:

why do I torture myself?:evil2::lol:

My vote is for the Blue Zircon!!!!
As for why you torture yourself well when you find the answer let me know because I do exactly the same thing!8)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian , I'm with @missy, get the zircon. And since we are in late November already, I'll apply my kids' logic:Ask Santa for everything else!!
(Like my 4 y/o : but mummy, it doesn't COST anything, the ELVES are making it).

Hopefully things will calm down before the holidays!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You mean another blue zircon to add to the other 4 thats unset. LOL at the rate I'm going I'll have a suite of the things. for the unset ones of the blues, the largest is 10cts. I keep saying I'm going to set it in something but admittedly the setting I want won't be cheap (priced it out, got cold feet) next smallest is 7cts, and after that 5 and 3 cts. The one I want is nearly 14cts of ridiculously blue love:kiss2:

Obviously I need to make more money.:shock:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm having a tossup; Either ... or a full bottle of Amouage {take your pick}.

Chergui used to be my thing before the Amouage 'Library' bit me ... I haven't bought one in ages ! Is it still as good as it were, say, five years ago ?

IHMO, worth trying all the 'Library' of ten, if you have not already - there is a set of macroscopic samples for $100 or so.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a Chanel girl, fairly straight up and down, as my skin lends itself to that line of fragrances. I cycle between No 5, No 19, Coco and - my husband's favorite - Allure.

I deviate slightly on occasion - mostly for summer, when I wear Bulgari Extreme Eau Parfumee - Au The Vert, and in spring, Victorian Posy by Penhaligons - which is now discontinued. I used to mix Haute Provence by Parfum de Nicolai (Nicolai being Guerlain's grand daughter, and who I met in Paris on more than one occasion) with Parfum D'ete by Kenzo, and the whole thing was like flowers crushed into green grass; not a plain floral smell, not a plain green smell. LOVED it, and totally intoxicating.

And another one for Ormond Jayne - Woman, which affects me a little like Dior's Dune; I can't quite work out what I think of either of them (even after all these years) and they're both subtle, complex scents which initially seem somewhat unisex - even masculine - but which, on reflection, are clearly, clearly feminine (to the extent that it leaves you asking "how did I not get that before??") and seem to REALLY appeal to a certain type of man. My advice - wear if you're looking for a big night in the bedroom.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chergui used to be my thing before the Amouage 'Library' bit me ... I haven't bought one in ages ! Is it still as good as it were, say, five years ago ?

IHMO, worth trying all the 'Library' of ten, if you have not already - there is a set of macroscopic samples for $100 or so.

Newest Chergui is dreck. My bottle was from when it used to be on loan to the export line, so well over 5 years ago. Used to be brownish green, now its dark green. So no, its really a shadow of its former self.

I have some of the Amouage Library samples. I've not yet found one that seems to be really ME, but I do need to revisit again.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today (speaking of samples)
Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia is one I dug out of the sample drawer. Oooo this is so good! I remember that I didnt used to like this but down here it works. Hmmm Also seems to last quite some time.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a few samples from état libre d'Orange...
Unfortunately I'm pretty underwhelmed.. I had high hopes for Jasmin et Cigarette, but it is FRESH and minty on me. I really think they might have swapped the sample vials. I get this minty and fresh top note and later some subdued floral. No tobacco/spices/sweetness... :confused: not even the dreaded cigarette /ashtray scent...no indolic jasmin...
Very disappointed.

Putain des palaces is more spot on..smells like the far dry down of a very musky skin scent. So, yeah, I get it.. but it's not a perfume for me personally. Though more wearable than the mushroom -y Dans tes Bras by Frederic Malle, for instance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results