clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you're having fun, @ksinger!
That's indeed the most important part.

In Aesop Marrakech intense.
Cardamom, spices and woody - ambery goodness. I get a hint of florals as well and a lemony top note, that has faded already.
Perfect for this stormy weather.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know notes, but I get colors and impressions.

Love this ...

If you ever get close to a bottle of Amouage Tribute or to anything in their Library series, please drop by to tell what colour it is !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I've tried Baccarat Rouge. I found it to be on the too sweet side but the layers are really nice I'm a floral girl so for me, I recognized the jasmine right away. I got fir but only when it was more cool out. Mostly though it was sweet burnt sugar with latex sounds bad but no, its not...lol There's saffron which for me is a coldish floral.

I have not tried Dark Saphir though! Agonist can be hard to come by for samples but if LS has it, worth a shot!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight I'm wearing Chanel Beige. Mainly because I'm lazy and its the first thing I pulled out after my shower...lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I've tried Baccarat Rouge. I found it to be on the too sweet side but the layers are really nice I'm a floral girl so for me, I recognized the jasmine right away. I got fir but only when it was more cool out. Mostly though it was sweet burnt sugar with latex sounds bad but no, its not...lol There's saffron which for me is a coldish floral.

I have not tried Dark Saphir though! Agonist can be hard to come by for samples but if LS has it, worth a shot!

Thanks Arcadian! I am going to order a sample of the Agonist Dark Saphir then...and probably skip the Baccarat. I have so many samples I bought that I have yet to try. I don't know why I have this urge to keep sampling LOL. Plus I do have my HG perfumes for each season yet I do love the hunt. Just like for bling. I'm hopeless I guess.:lol:

Happy smelling all.:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK so out of these choices does anyone here have any suggestions as to what other samples I should order besides Dark Saphir? @Arcadian they offer a good amount of Agonist...are you interested? Not trying to temp you or anything...:twisted2:

https://www.luckyscent.com/search?gsearch=agonist
Saddest of all, I have 50 or so brand new samples in the last month. I do not need to add to that mini collection....lol:lol-2: I'm hoping to weed through these over the next 4 months...will take that long!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
. I don't know why I have this urge to keep sampling LOL. Plus I do have my HG perfumes for each season yet I do love the hunt. Just like for bling. I'm hopeless I guess.:lol:

Happy smelling all.:appl:

Saddest of all, I have 50 or so brand new samples in the last month. I do not need to add to that mini collection....lol:lol-2: I'm hoping to weed through these over the next 4 months...will take that long!

I could have written all of this...at least I am not alone!!!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prada infusion d'iris... sadly discontinued...
Deeper, warmer, spicier version of Infusion d'iris. I get hints of dry vanilla,amber and more woods. Lasting power is excellent.

One of my old time favourites. Doesn't get enough wear...

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prada infusion d'iris... sadly discontinued...
Deeper, warmer, spicier version of Infusion d'iris. I get hints of dry vanilla,amber and more woods. Lasting power is excellent.

One of my old time favourites. Doesn't get enough wear...

Ooops, its Prada Infusion d'Iris L'ABSOLUE

Sorry. The regular one is of course not discontinued and more fresh& sheer and not vanillic/ambery/dark

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooops, its Prada Infusion d'Iris L'ABSOLUE

Sorry. The regular one is of course not discontinued and more fresh& sheer and not vanillic/ambery/dark

Aww I'm sorry Kipari. Is there any way you can find a bottle or two and buy it before it all disappears?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're so right, @missy!!

There might be a backup bottle(or two ) in my perfume cabinet..

:whistle:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Considering the reformulation of IdI, may as well had discontinued it.... My bottle is from 2009, thankfully its 200ml and I'll never run out in my lifetime...lol 2015 version is nuetered!

IdI Absolu is very nice, I've heard rumors for years it would be a limited run. Not surprising if they discontinue it now (wonder if IFRA has something to do with it, they made changes to what perfumers can do again)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Caron Rose. This is from the fountains the last time I was there in NYC years ago. I totally spent way too much but when I think about it, now you can't find most of these anymore as they go through yet another shakeup. I kinda feel like its a rose a man wouldn't feel out of place wearing this.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're right about the new I d I... I hate when they do this... and yay for your 200 ml bottle.

And what is it with caron? I fid them to be a totally unstable (distribution-wise) perfume house. I get the impression that they are much loved. But that's maybe not in the perfume muggle world and perfumistas alone don't make enough sales.
At some point they were just not stocked in Germany anymore from one day to the other ... confusing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I ordered 4 Agonist samples and also the Kurkdjian sample. I was curious. Still have a few more on my to sample list but will wait till these arrive before I order more. I literally have over 30 samples waiting in my personal arsenal that I have never sniffed.

Oh and FYI....I found a new site for sampling. Yay. Not a new site to me and I have ordered from them before but not for perfume. I didn't realize they sold samples and free shipping (for samples) unlike Luckyscent. They do not have a wide range of samples but they do have some good ones IMO.

http://www.smallflower.com

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari, the unfortunate part of Caron is that they've passed through a lot of hands so they've been quite the mess. they're an amazing house with an amazing history, and some great perfumes...sometimes. Kind of year dependent. But the new perfumer is going back to the roots of Caron to correct the ills made to the older formulas.

I have some of the formulas from 1930 to 1975 or so. Those ones seem to be ok. the ones I have in the 80's were pretty terrible. Then the ones in the 90's were back to being ok.

I think the owners are still the Ales Group. They also own Phytologie and Phyto Specific lines

So, you can order online if you're in the EU https://www.parfumscaron.com/en/caron-boutiques.html

you can't order from there if you're in the US (which sucks!) But we have the boutique in NY. Most of the ones I have I got on ebay (the vintages) but I do love the urn scents, they're a weakness...lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Mon Guerlain

nope.gif

Eau My..Lotsa nope. For those that are into super sweets and lavender, you're gonna love this. But for me its quite a stomach turner.

And of course being its a scrubber, its never going to come off my skin...lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww sorry it’s a scrubber @Arcadian and I hear you on those being the ones that just won’t get off our skin ugh.
I usually enjoy lavender and sweet but idk this one doesn’t sound good but I think you might have influenced me.

There’s a new luckyscent perfume that i just got notification of via email from Tom Ford. Vanille Fatale. I like the name and the ingredients look promising...

https://www.luckyscent.com/product/...il&utm_term=0_a85e228b9d-3f5e423faa-221088089

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww sorry it’s a scrubber @Arcadian and I hear you on those being the ones that just won’t get off our skin ugh.
I usually enjoy lavender and sweet but idk this one doesn’t sound good but I think you might have influenced me.

There’s a new luckyscent perfume that i just got notification of via email from Tom Ford. Vanille Fatale. I like the name and the ingredients look promising...

https://www.luckyscent.com/product/...il&utm_term=0_a85e228b9d-3f5e423faa-221088089

Well, it might be ok for you @missy because I'm in Florida and the weather is a serious factor. I've had more than one love turn to ick:sick: when I first moved here.

FWIW, I smelled the candle. I actually LIKE the candle...lol

I've tried Vanille Fatale. I found it to be a road I've traveled before (have to admit, takes a lot to really be ground breaking with vanilla these days), and thankfully this one has good quality stuff in it. Worth trying for sure.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Arcadian I guess another sample order is in order haha.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian LOVE your NOPE vid.
My thoughts exactly on Mon Guerlain. Horrible. And of course it LASTS.. blech..

Thanks for the heads up on caron... I live in Perfume Wonderland (Paris), so if you want /need anything, I'm happy to be your post box.

Interesting vanilla @missy will try to try (sooo many scents, soooo little skin real estate)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari, I NEED alright...lol I would LUV to get another bottle of Guerlain Iris Ganache. Not sold in the states anymore, might only now be at the flagship boutique in Paris (or so last I heard). The prices on ebay are absolutely crazy. I can handle sweet when its done right.

So after disasterland of Mon Guerlain (thankfully it came off in the shower), I finished the evening with Guerlain Neroli Outrenoir. Both of these were a part of the sample haul from December.

Oh man...gorgeous! This is a aromatic smoked bergamont & neroli tea set against earthy myrrh and grey ash. Oh my GOODNESS!!!! :eek-2::eek-2::eek-2::eek-2::eek-2:
this is straight up LUV:love::love::love::love:
Its like smelling a 3d image.

This is not sugary, its not over the top citrus (but you can smell it) its not super ashy (you can smell the ash though) its not overly smokey, its not over the top on any one thing, but each note weaves around each other like a ribbon.

This is real perfumery.:appl: I totally could wear this one year round...AND I could see pair this with Nest Orange Blossom B&S ! (I wish Nest still sold this!!)

This is why Guerlain can be difficult for me because I always fall for the expensive stuff.:rolleyes:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been to the flagship store 3 x last month, so if you NEED it, let me know !!
I'll ask my post office regarding shipping, though. Shipping is pretty steep in France in general and there might be restrictions re. Perfume.
DH could post from the US 2/3 times per year...

I know that situation well and have numerous friends in the states for LT - help:lol:

And BAM a new rabbit hole opens up... uncle serge in palais royal comes to mind ...:whistle:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been to the flagship store 3 x last month, so if you NEED it, let me know !!
I'll ask my post office regarding shipping, though. Shipping is pretty steep in France in general and there might be restrictions re. Perfume.
DH could post from the US 2/3 times per year...

I know that situation well and have numerous friends in the states for LT - help:lol:

And BAM a new rabbit hole opens up... uncle serge in palais royal comes to mind ...:whistle:

Thats such a sweet offer. I need to go to Paris again someday. Isn't there a JAR boutique there? I went to the one in Bergdorf's in NYC (its pretty darn awesome) but I always wondered if there was one also in Paris.

That is a real rabbit hole.. I don't think they sell bed of roses anymore which was knock your socks off rose and a bunch of other stuff:lol: I just need to win the lottery. I believe they still have Galconda though... which was the 2nd favorite. Loved the experience in Bergdorf's though.

Bolt of lightening at the time smelled like metal, tuberose and pickles:knockout:
and Jardenia...ew. it had some weird funky cheese note :sick::cry2: I wasn't that big of a fan.

I would not be opposed to resmelling this line again as its been a long time since I did.

I'm still pissy at uncle serge for messing up Chergui.:x2 Though I would love to get my hands on Fumerique Turque again as well as Borneo (which was love/hate..mostly love though!)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes , there is JAR ... right rue Castiglione / place Vendôme...

Never went in - sonst want to fall for such a crazy expensive perfume....

And , yeah, serge has lost a lot my admiration since several reformulations and their last few very meh releases...
But : Bell Jars !!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is from the sample drawer: Diptyque Eau des Sens. I'm obviously on a roll because again, this one is neroli with angelica. Both notes of which I really really like the smell of, though with Diptyque its treatment is very different from Guerlain.

I love Diptique mainly because they emphasise the naturalness of scent. This is no exception. You get VERY natural smelling orange blossom and bitter orange. I was taken aback by the sillage size from a couple of sprays (its a grower y'all) But for those in really cold and/or dark places in the wintertime, this is a scent you're going to love. So uplifting, energizing. The angelica is not too bitter here, and the ornage blossom combined with it keeps it in check. not a sweet bomb, no orange tang, and really dosen't smell artificial. Patchouli and surprisingly enough, juniper berry adds a grounding layer so the scent dosen't just fly away.

Longevity is pretty good. I put it on at 7am this morning and its still humming along. I think most people feel like it sticks around 5-6 hours, but can't tell that by whats going on here. For an EDT, its stronger than I thought it would be!

Best thing is it hasn't turned into a puddle of white musk or ISO-e as some citrus based perfumes can.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg @Arcadian you make everything sound so yummy with your wonderful descriptions. I can just smell it now. And I want to try it. Lol this thread is adding to my obsession/addiction but I thank you ladies very much. So enjoyable hearing what you love and why.

Hi there @LJsapphire2304 and welcome!:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results