shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tip of the day [learned this last year], if you contact Louis Vuitton customer service email, they will send you sample vials of their fragrances. My girlfriend called me out of the blue and said she received a bottle of xyz from LV for her birthday. Well, this was at the height of the riots, and the LV stores were all shut down nor did I dare attempt to go shopping at that time. I'd never smelled their scents. So I started online googling. And that's how I found out.

Enjoy scent shopping!

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
My scent of the day is Kilian Woman in gold.
I also have a thing for collecting their Cofrets.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so glad to find this thread! My go to is Creed Spring Flower. It’s the one I go back to time after time. However, I tried Tiffany Her recently and was surprised how much I liked it. It lasts on my skin and opened into a very pleasing scent. Sweet, but not cloying, and a fresh undertone. I think it’s my summer fun scent this year.

With that said, I also love clean, soap like scents, too. (For example, I love the smell of edge shaving gel - don’t laugh). I’ve never found a perfume with that kind of clean, freshly washed (maybe minty) profile. Every once in a while, I smell something wonderful like that, but it’s almost always cologne and when asked the men haven’t known the name of what they are wearing…. Anyone have a suggestion?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Going to Saks on Wednesday for another reason, but am interested in a new fragrance. What should I buy? Nothing lasts on me. I might end up with something Tom Ford, so my DH can wear it also. Or Armani Prive.

The Creed I put on today lasted, um, it didn't!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boy am I boring. I exclusively use Chanel Mademoiselle. I can’t smell it after I put it on but I’ll get compliments all day long. People stop me to ask me what I’m wearing. I guess I’m a people pleaser because I can’t even smell it on myself.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
HI:

Going to Saks on Wednesday for another reason, but am interested in a new fragrance. What should I buy? Nothing lasts on me. I might end up with something Tom Ford, so my DH can wear it also. Or Armani Prive.

The Creed I put on today lasted, um, it didn't!

cheers--Sharon

There is something with the new formulation of creed. My husband says the newer Aventus and Viking does not last. They don't make them like they used to.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday after my shower I decided to put on a fragrance that I had not worn in years but used to wear regularly. I then thought of this thread and some of the posters to it. I wore Philosykos by Diptyque. It was stronger than i remembered, but pleasant. I learned about the scent here; it is figs.

How is everyone here?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Amouage Lilac Love. I usually ignore this one until it gets cold. This morning it was 52 degrees, so perfectly good time to wear it. I get very melancholy wearing this perfume but I suppose its because I absolutely miss lilacs (they don't grow here) Its like I can envision that rush of cool air and the smell of the rain while the lilac is budding.

We used to have several lilac bushes at our home in Massachusetts. This was taken during the blooming season. I would always put big bouquets of them in the house (and of course bring in whatever little animal was living on them :lol:)
2479415696_29fdf93965_o.jpg

I have a white lilac bush blooming in Connecticut. Heaven!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While buying Nest candles, I got some samples of Jo Malone. Tried a honeysuckle combo which lasted about 15 minutes. LOL

cheers--Sharon

Jo Malone White Lilac & Rhubarb Cologne is my favorite scent ever!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I stopped wearing perfume for a few months there. I had read info about how it changes our body chemistry for the worse. But you know what? I will take my chances because I truly missed wearing my gorgeous fragrances. Score one for beauty over science. :wink2:

And to that end today I am wearing my favorite winter scent since it is FREEZING out today.
Vaniglia del Madagascar.
Rich, warm and cozy vanilla.
Perfect for this last winter weekend.

I love that scent! (Vaniglia del Madagascar.) (And hi, missy!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I had a bottle of Vaniglia del Madagascar, but I don't seem to. I went looking. I have been wearing the same, light, cologne for a year or more so I don't know what else I have. I found I have several bottles of great vanilla scents, some unopened among my perfume.

Besides the Hawaiian Vanilla by Demeter that I spray on casually, I have vanille44 by Le Labo; vanille absolu by Montvale; Tihota by Indult; and Les nobres d'or vanille by Mona Di Orio.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday after my shower I decided to put on a fragrance that I had not worn in years but used to wear regularly. I then thought of this thread and some of the posters to it. I wore Philosykos by Diptyque. It was stronger than i remembered, but pleasant. I learned about the scent here; it is figs.

How is everyone here?

Hello friend !!!!!! Stop by more often!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is something with the new formulation of creed. My husband says the newer Aventus and Viking does not last. They don't make them like they used to.

Creed was purchased by an investment group so you know what that means. that was back in 2020 that there was wind of it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Received a sample of Diptyque Voile Satin. This will be my next purchase. Gorgeous product!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chanel Coco. I still love it.

I love it too. I wear it every day. I just can’t smell it on me. It lasts on me because I will put it on after my shower. People will still comment on it at dinner time. If I put it on my wrist I can smell it if I put my wrist up to my nose. Can you smell it on yourself?

Kalynna

Rough_Rock
Ah man, I love that this thread exists! My two biggest vices are shiny things and fancy (and not so fancy hah) scents. ❤️ ❤️

I'm in need of a bit of comfort today so I pulled out the Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille. My bottle is from 2010 (eek, how old am I getting!!??) and it's finally starting to dwindle. I know they recently pulled the scent and put it in a new bottle with a very steep pricetag. I assume that also included a reformulation. Has anyone had a chance to sample it recently?

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I love it too. I wear it every day. I just can’t smell it on me. It lasts on me because I will put it on after my shower. People will still comment on it at dinner time. If I put it on my wrist I can smell it if I put my wrist up to my nose. Can you smell it on yourself?

Hi Mamabee :wavey: Do you wear Coco or Coco Mademoiselle? I wear Coco, not Coco Mademoiselle. My bottle is quite old. I do find that is lasts on me - much better than other perfumes! I find it has a long lingering spicy warmth to it that I love. I can definItely smell it on myself. The other perfume I love right now is Jour d'Hermes. I feel like that one is gone within a very short amount of time, and I can never smell it on myself. It lifts my spirits the minute I spray it on though!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mamabee :wavey: Do you wear Coco or Coco Mademoiselle? I wear Coco, not Coco Mademoiselle. My bottle is quite old. I do find that is lasts on me - much better than other perfumes! I find it has a long lingering spicy warmth to it that I love. I can definItely smell it on myself. The other perfume I love right now is Jour d'Hermes. I feel like that one is gone within a very short amount of time, and I can never smell it on myself. It lifts my spirits the minute I spray it on though!

:wavey:@OdetteOdile Yes..I wear Mademoiselle..I will try Coco. I love that everyone loves what I’m wearing ..but it would be nice to actually enjoy it myself..Thanks for straightening that out. I’m in fumes from insomnia..haha

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is it like? I am just curious, not adventurous. I cannot guess from the name.

It seems kind of powdery to me. Very soft.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results