shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just picked up Dolce & Gabbana The One. I think I like it… I also think having covid back in December has wrecked my sense of smell and taste. It’s like I’m not getting the full effect anymore and only able to pick up certain notes, or things smell sour instead of sweet like they used to. It’s hard to explain, and it’s really disappointing.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Same old...nothing lasts on me. What I have seems like $$ air freshener!!!

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Same old...nothing lasts on me. What I have seems like $$ air freshener!!!

cheers--Sharon

You know, there's talk about newer fragrances being even lighter than before. I wouldn't be surprised honestly. I'm dreading getting my [stupidly expensive] guerlain package today for that reason alone. I sprung for one of the monster bee bottles too.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So today I'm wearing Guerlain Gourmand Coquin. Yes I've been bad. Yes I absolutely bought a large 4.2oz bottle. But its hard to find and well....

Anyway its ridiculous. Its hotter than hell here and I probably should have put on something else.

But its not like I'm going anywhere...lol

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case anyone is interested, it is getting more and more difficult to get hold of Chanel No. 19, the only scent that I wear for the past 20+ years.

On the return leg of a recent trip from Ireland back to UK, the duty free shop did not stock it.

I went online and place an order of 8 x 100ml EDPs imported from France!!!

Hopefully, they will last until I pop!

DK :))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case anyone is interested, it is getting more and more difficult to get hold of Chanel No. 19, the only scent that I wear for the past 20+ years.

On the return leg of a recent trip from Ireland back to UK, the duty free shop did not stock it.

I went online and place an order of 8 x 100ml EDPs imported from France!!!

Hopefully, they will last until I pop!

No 19 to my knowledge isn't on the chopping block. Not that Chanel tells anyone anything but its been around a long time and has a pretty big following. I'm pretty sure its supply chain constraints. However, if it contains Lily of the valley, its gonna get tweaked (thank you IFRA :roll2: )

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain Oud Nude. I absolutely like this perfume. Its not love but could turn into that... ;)2

This is of their new trio of scents. I'll be trying out Oud Cherry tomorrow.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No 19 to my knowledge isn't on the chopping block. Not that Chanel tells anyone anything but its been around a long time and has a pretty big following. I'm pretty sure its supply chain constraints. However, if it contains Lily of the valley, its gonna get tweaked (thank you IFRA :roll2: )

I thought they tweaked the formulation already about 10 years ago, however, I could be wrong.

I do not wish to run out, hence I stock-piled!

DK :lol-2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought they tweaked the formulation already about 10 years ago, however, I could be wrong.

I do not wish to run out, hence I stock-piled!

DK :lol-2:

Most scents get tweaked every 3-5 years if they have ingredients on the IFRA naughty list. I think thats why sometimes you get a bottle and it smells off. good on you for having a stash though!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most scents get tweaked every 3-5 years if they have ingredients on the IFRA naughty list. I think thats why sometimes you get a bottle and it smells off. good on you for having a stash though!

Yup, they tweaked it some time ago to reduce the content of oakmoss.

I managed to find some vintage 50ml EDP for travelling use, and it smells different to the newer bottles.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It actually felt cool this morning. scary! anyway I decided it was time to wear Amouage Lyric Women.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had no idea. I learn so much from PS even after all these years!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it smells so guuud!!!! :kiss2: Available in parts of europe, not yet in the US. Certainly I may try for another bottle...just sayin... :oops2:
;)2

20220920_154003.jpg ;)2

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am currently, obsessively, wearing Shalimar Tonka Milliseme. My shalimar family is small (I'm OK with this considering what I have!) I may want another bottle of the tonka though :oops2: ...just sayin....

20221002_142413_U.jpg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I went to Hermes today to try the Vetiver Tonka. I love it! I am almost done with my bottle of Jour d-Hermes and as much as I love it, I feel like it's gone the moment I spray it on my skin. The Eau des Merveilles lasts much longer. I'm hoping the Vetiver Tonka will last too. Today I only sprayed it on a card, but next time I go, I will spray it on my wrist.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Mine is pomegranate noir by Joe Malone - it’s autumnal and gorgeously rich. If a deep red garnet had a characteristic smell, that’s what it would be!

My other go-to for autumn is Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d’Orange. It smells like chestnuts, vetiver and sweet cream!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Diptyque L’Ombre Dans L’Eau

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning and Happy Turkey Sandwich day!

There's lots of sales out there that I'm absolutely ignoring because frankly I don't need to buy one more bottle. (there's some I want true but will not get)

Today I'm wearing Guerlain du 68 Cologne. I am just so sad this was ever discontinued. I want this one back dammit!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing Max Mara today. Sadly discontinued! Light, sweet, with a bit of ginger.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Amouage Love Tuberose. I really super love this. Its little sweet, fluffy tuberose ice cream.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Amouage Love Tuberose. I really super love this. Its little sweet, fluffy tuberose ice cream.

You had me at Tuberose.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia today.
Why was this ever discontinued? It's a wonderful combination of jasmine and orange blossom. Pleasantly soapy, and not sweet. No musk, no vanilla.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay seemed right on this drizzly day.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the middle of doing my certification and going crazy (of course!)
But to keep me sane and calm I've been wearing Bath and Body works, Lemongrass and Sage. Not made anymore, been gone forever, but damn it smells amazing.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
My Mom died recently. The last thing I did when cleaning out her house was to throw out her mostly empty bottle of Shalimar. It's the only thing she ever wore. My Dad has been gone 8 years and I'm sure he bought that bottle for her. Just the scent teared me up and throwing it out was tough.

My sister said she picked it up multiple times and just couldn't bring herself to get rid of it. She left it for me to take care of.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Nerolia Vetiver. Yep its totally full bottle worthy! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results