shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I m wearing Initio parfums Oud for greatness. A little heavy but smells really good.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Burring my Nest Rose Noir and Oud candle. I don't smell good, but the house sure does!

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I went down the Dame Perfumery rabbit hole. I purchased a few things, notably, a bottle of Earth Mother, which I absolutely adore. I also got another bottle of Black Flower, Mexican Vanilla oil.

You do get loaded up for bear on samples. I don't think they mail outside of the US but OMG I have a ton to get through still!!

What I've tried thus far:
Pineapple Musk. This is exactly what it sounds like. Pineapple with white musk. I like spicy pineapple and this...is not it. Its OK though for someone that wants a very simple scent.

Neutral Musk. Smelled like nothing to me. Pretty darn neutral!!

New Musk based on the sampler kit I got (hair oil, lotion, perfume sample and oil sample) I ended up with a big bottle as well as the oil. This is a really lovely skin but better scent. lightly floral, creamy, clean musk. Perfect for a day where you don't want to wear "perfume". Not laundry soap thankfully!

Rose+Chocolate. (wearing this today) Its dark chocolate coated rose petals. This is real cocao, bitter twang and all!. I do keep smelling something a bit boozy but I do believe its from the rose portion.

Chocolate +. I got the oil version and if one wants to seriously OD on chocolate perfume, this will do it.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
You guys, for me, that fancy French rouge perfume lives up to the hype. What is it called? Baccarat rouge? I’ve been drinking, sorry. But I think you’ll know the one.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
does Anyone have a recommendation for a scented laundry detergent that smells good for days when we don’t wear fragrance? Sorry if this is OT.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
does Anyone have a recommendation for a scented laundry detergent that smells good for days when we don’t wear fragrance? Sorry if this is OT.

Some people tend to love Gain. Personally I hate the stuff. However there's a whole cult around the scent of Gain.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys, for me, that fancy French rouge perfume lives up to the hype. What is it called? Baccarat rouge? I’ve been drinking, sorry. But I think you’ll know the one.

yes, know it. I received a sizable sample when I bought the Kurkdjian Oud.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I am wearing Tom Ford Fleur de Portofino today. That's what I was told it is and believe it is anyway but I got it cheap and secondhand on ebay so I can't be 100% sure. It smells to me a lot like Beyond Paradise by Estee Lauder. I used to love that perfume and the beautiful bottle it came in too.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Histories de Parfums Tubereuse 2 (Virginale) Love the notes in this one. One of the few where I do like the cherry note! I got a giant 4oz bottle which I should use more of!

I have 2 and 3 of this collection with 3 being my favorite. I keep saying I'll get retry 1 but just haven't done that yet.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Alfred Sung Shi. I've had and worn Sha and Mei but always came back to Shi. Its light though very persistent watery floral. No calone in it though which I love. This one is a wardrobe staple.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just picked up Vacation by…Vacation. It smells like summer and I love it! It was recommended by Tiktok creator Charles Gross and his verbal description convinced me to buy it without trying it first. I am not disappointed—it’s wonderful!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just picked up Vacation by…Vacation. It smells like summer and I love it! It was recommended by Tiktok creator Charles Gross and his verbal description convinced me to buy it without trying it first. I am not disappointed—it’s wonderful!

do you know who the actual perfumer is?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Costume National Scent Intense. probably not the best summer wear but sure does smell good...lol

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
Wearing Chanel Paris-Edimbourg today. Got it as a gift a while ago and I just find it to be the perfect scent for a hot summer day!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Yann Vasnier who is an amazing perfumer has done work with Arquiste. I never buy so called beach perfumes because I live by one, and they never smell like that especially at low tide...lol

It sounds like an interesting project though!

@Arcadian hahaha I would describe this more as “pool side” than “beach,” because I know what you mean about low tide. It’s more like sunscreen with coconut and a little salt air plus a very light floral. No fishy or stale odor, I promise—although maybe that would be idea if you’re trying to repel certain sharks with legs. ;-)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Picked this up today....https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Acqua-di-Parma/Acqua-di-Parma-Blu-Mediterraneo-Mandorlo-di-Sicilia-1688.html

Nice. Fresh. And I got 4 random samples of Armani Prive. So far the Gardenia is lovely!

cheers--Sharon

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Picked this up today....https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Acqua-di-Parma/Acqua-di-Parma-Blu-Mediterraneo-Mandorlo-di-Sicilia-1688.html

Nice. Fresh. And I got 4 random samples of Armani Prive. So far the Gardenia is lovely!

cheers--Sharon

I hope you are doing great, Sharon! I've been thinking of you.
Enjoy your new perfume ! I have that one as well and enjoy it on summer evenings.

I'm up for another super busy day and wearing Hermes's rhubarbe écarlate in the 42° heat

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Bridgewater Candle Company makes a laundry detergent that smells awesome....Sweet Grace. it smells really good!!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone ever used the Dossier perfume where the perfumes they offer are dupes for (way more expensive) name brands? I think I may try one and see how it works. Stay tuned.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you are doing great, Sharon! I've been thinking of you.
Enjoy your new perfume ! I have that one as well and enjoy it on summer evenings.

I'm up for another super busy day and wearing Hermes's rhubarbe écarlate in the 42° heat

I've been thinking of you also! Hope you are well and having a nice summer. I've been reading about the heat wave in Europe--take care!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been thinking of you also! Hope you are well and having a nice summer. I've been reading about the heat wave in Europe--take care!

Thank you so much we're very comfortable in our old house with 9 0 cm thick walls.

The craziness that has been this year is subsiding but went away with one last big fanfare (kick in the b*tt .... A 15 y/o stuck without luggage nor money in an international airport in Asia for more than 2 days , where she caught Covid and since going into China THAT created a lot of problems afterwards....) .

So looking forward to our family holiday!!!

I hope you are doing fine yourself

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much we're very comfortable in our old house with 9 0 cm thick walls.

The craziness that has been this year is subsiding but went away with one last big fanfare (kick in the b*tt .... A 15 y/o stuck without luggage nor money in an international airport in Asia for more than 2 days , where she caught Covid and since going into China THAT created a lot of problems afterwards....) .

So looking forward to our family holiday!!!

I hope you are doing fine yourself

How frightening for you all!!! Hope everything turned out OK. Now i know why you were so tired.

Hope your family holiday is great and restful.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love Mrs. Meyers laundry detergent in Basil scent. =)2 Every now and then I will catch a gentle whiff of the scent (wearing clothes that were washed in it) and it makes me feel soothed and happy.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Balmain Ivoire (I love this stuff!)

Also Guerlain has some art and material perfumes coming out centering around oud.

One of them is Cherry Oud and per the Guerlain facebook group, some have smelled it and liked it.

Also Shalimar Tonka which will be a limited edition! (gotta smell that one for sure.

I'm not big on oud but I also want to get my nose on the three...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Balmain Ivoire (I love this stuff!)

Also Guerlain has some art and material perfumes coming out centering around oud.

One of them is Cherry Oud and per the Guerlain facebook group, some have smelled it and liked it.

Also Shalimar Tonka which will be a limited edition! (gotta smell that one for sure.

I'm not big on oud but I also want to get my nose on the three...

Gosh I used to wear that Balmain and loved it also!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain Angelique Noir. Its gonna be a pretty nasty and hot day though should be little dry...maybe.

Also I ordered some lovelies from Boise D'Anarmie and a bottle of Mon Precioux Nectar from Place Vendome I figure its time to do it with the dollar and euro so close together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results