shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
Years (1990-2000) ago I wore Escada by Margaretha Ley. Does anyone know of a parfume that would be similar?

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I've hung around the Tom Ford stand at David Jones a few times sniffing them like crack but sadly at $AU200+ each it's just beyond my budget. Stangely I wasnt a fan of the Tobacco Vanille - maybe a little heavy on the vanilla for me. Definitely love some of his others though.

Guerlain perfumes seem to be the real deal to me - perhaps thats why I'm drawn to them. I want pefume to smell like perfume dammit! Not some overly fresh chemical air freshener :roll: I seem to find many modern scents are either sickly fruity sweet OR so "clean" and fresh they are bland and have no longevity. Part of their evil plan to make you wear more/buy more I'm sure... :naughty:

The other one I forgot to add which I'm actually wearing today is this http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Stefano-Canturi/Canturi-10673.html which is unisex. A lovely warm subtle spicy chypre! Forgot just how much I love this perfume...

Samsara is one of my stalwarts.
I think STC ships to AU. Not positive though. I try all my TF Private Blends via STC first, before jumping on a full bottle.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, Chanels have went up again, and Guerlains prices are freaking catastrophic. That will curb me in those directions...lol

Today I'm wearing Amouage Memoir woman. I haven't worn it in a while and had forgotten how strong it was. (its plenty strong but oh so good!!)

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I have seen nice hotel swag but shocked to get 50ml of jour d'hermes perfume and 50 ml Terre d'hermes perfume with 100ml after shave and 200 ml un Jardin sur le nil body wash, lotion, shampoo and conditioner in hotel room.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen nice hotel swag but shocked to get 50ml of jour d'hermes perfume and 50 ml Terre d'hermes perfume with 100ml after shave and 200 ml un Jardin sur le nil body wash, lotion, shampoo and conditioner in hotel room.

What hotel???? Tell us, tell us, tell us!!!

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I knew it!
I spent 2 weeks in the Emirates palace (well that was 13 years ago) and no Hermes perfumes ! Clutching my pearls!!!!!
Enjoy the fragrances!!

Thanks. It is a beautiful place to visit.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Cartier Baiser Vole Essence. Gosh it smells SOOOOO GUUUUUD :lol: :kiss2:
The only one I did not like of the Basier line is Fou. I just could not get down with that one for whatever reason.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I wear Chanel Le Lion. Its such a cold day that the smokey smell makes me think of a warm fire :lol:

Honestly I should have put on habanita since I wear it so little, but there's always tomorrow!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today its 78F which is our high temps. we made it through winter, yay :lol: So today I pulled out Balmain's Vent Vert. this is the new version, the old version has a distinct smell of pot in it...not something I want to always smell like ya know?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today its 78F which is our high temps. we made it through winter, yay :lol: So today I pulled out Balmain's Vent Vert. this is the new version, the old version has a distinct smell of pot in it...not something I want to always smell like ya know?

No to pot. But 78F BRING it on!!!!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain Neroli Outrenoir. Before they changed the bottles I bought 4 of them ultra cheap :oops2:
;)2

certainly don't mind that considering what it costs these days.

I don't know how they make the citrus lasts so long but it really does. And of course, the guerlainade in the drydown is absolutely perfect.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Amouage Lilac Love. I usually ignore this one until it gets cold. This morning it was 52 degrees, so perfectly good time to wear it. I get very melancholy wearing this perfume but I suppose its because I absolutely miss lilacs (they don't grow here) Its like I can envision that rush of cool air and the smell of the rain while the lilac is budding.

We used to have several lilac bushes at our home in Massachusetts. This was taken during the blooming season. I would always put big bouquets of them in the house (and of course bring in whatever little animal was living on them :lol:)
2479415696_29fdf93965_o.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While buying Nest candles, I got some samples of Jo Malone. Tried a honeysuckle combo which lasted about 15 minutes. LOL

cheers--Sharon

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I got a few new samples from Frederic Malle.
Bigarage concentree - this is a fresh citrusy fragrance that lasts a few hours and you are left with the woody base.
Promise - Has an animalistic scent that I love and hated. I don’t know how else to explain this
Lipstick Rose - Floral rose, powdery.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Fragrance of the day Clive christian Iconic 20 Masculine.
I am not sure what note or combination of them in this fragrance makes it so appealing. The ebay prices are just ridiculous. I am hoping the release some more bottles.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I stopped wearing perfume for a few months there. I had read info about how it changes our body chemistry for the worse. But you know what? I will take my chances because I truly missed wearing my gorgeous fragrances. Score one for beauty over science. :wink2:

And to that end today I am wearing my favorite winter scent since it is FREEZING out today.
Vaniglia del Madagascar.
Rich, warm and cozy vanilla.
Perfect for this last winter weekend.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
So I stopped wearing perfume for a few months there. I had read info about how it changes our body chemistry for the worse. But you know what? I will take my chances because I truly missed wearing my gorgeous fragrances. Score one for beauty over science. :wink2:

And to that end today I am wearing my favorite winter scent since it is FREEZING out today.
Vaniglia del Madagascar.
Rich, warm and cozy vanilla.
Perfect for this last winter weekend.

It would be hard for me to stop wearing perfume. Even when I have a cold and can't smell a thing, I still reach for a bottle. It as much a habit as it is for the love of fragrance.

Fragrance of the day BTV blue sapphire, 2 to 3 sprays of this lasts all day. The combination of citrus, Rose, patchouli and oud is perfect

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today Costume National Scent Intense. My bottle is probably about 8 years old and wow, it really smells good. Like damn good. Like so good that I wonder why I haven't smelled this before good. The hibiscus is seriously bursting off my skin today. the cinnamon is sweet but still spicy. the tea adds the right amount of tannins.

its like the perfect spring perfume. And the amber is really amazing.

Maybe its because I'm hungry...:lol:

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Still working my way through the Amouage Attars. I am used spraying my trigger points and some on my clothes. This is an oil fragrance and I am learning to enjoy fragrance on skin only. It still has great projection and lasts all day. Wearing the Rose Aqor today

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results