carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'm wearing Creed Royal Water cuz that's all I have. :bigsmile: Oh and I still have a few drops of Le Labo Rose 31 Perfume Oil left. It still smells decent!

cheers--Sharon

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ordered the Mini of the new Tauer "sundowner" that just came out. Booze, Tobacco, cocoa, patchouli, spices...

SHOULD be a winner & I'm having high hopes for this....but Tauers are aren't"easy" fragrances, so I wasn't comfortable blind-buying a full bottle.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ordered the Mini of the new Tauer "sundowner" that just came out. Booze, Tobacco, cocoa, patchouli, spices...

SHOULD be a winner & I'm having high hopes for this....but Tauers are aren't"easy" fragrances, so I wasn't comfortable blind-buying a full bottle.

I'll be looking forward to you reviewing this!

Some in the Fragreverse kinda freaked out by the name.... :roll2:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be looking forward to you reviewing this!

Some in the Fragreverse kinda freaked out by the name.... :roll2:

I read that part.... he's Swiss -German (German is my mother tongue) and that word is a somewhat frequently used Anglicism for "l'heure bleue" & the cocktail that goes with it... I'm pretty sure it didn't even cross his mind someone could be offended by that (other than abstinence related)

ETA: I didn't know about the dementia-related meaning before .. I guess knowing Andy Tauer he's most likely googled the term before using it.

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. It was a blind online buy to cheer myself up last year during the height of the pandemic and when I first wore it, I thought "This smells like the mall." So I thought I'd wear it today since I am going to the mall.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. It was a blind online buy to cheer myself up last year during the height of the pandemic and when I first wore it, I thought "This smells like the mall." So I thought I'd wear it today since I am going to the mall.

:lol-2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read that part.... he's Swiss -German (German is my mother tongue) and that word is a somewhat frequently used Anglicism for "l'heure bleue" & the cocktail that goes with it... I'm pretty sure it didn't even cross his mind someone could be offended by that (other than abstinence related)

ETA: I didn't know about the dementia-related meaning before .. I guess knowing Andy Tauer he's most likely googled the term before using it.

yep, I immediately thought about doggie dementia when I saw the name. Its other connotation...well certainly unfortunate. My parents tell the tales of such towns in the south sadly.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think my Youth Dew has gone bad. It didn't think that was possible for YD! :lol-2:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NEST candle Blue Cypress and Snow. So fragrant I don't even have to burn it! I'm thinking the wax is so nice I should use in case I need to wear a bikini? :lol-2: :kiss::appl::rolleyes: JK of course.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20211113_171054.jpg
My most recent addition from Nishane
It is a lovely rose and pink pepper fragrance

This is what I love about this thread. So diverse in choices and scents! I have to google most of these brands, and I don't feel silly about that, at all. I love to learn and I'd love to try them all!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bought Burberry Her: sweet fruity scent

But I think this will be my next one. Chloe eau de parfum : powdery rose scent. Yum

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Today was Acqua di Parma’s Ginepro di Sardegna. To me, this was like my own little aromatherapy to sniff during the day. Unfortunately, I now associate it with the awful, early days of Covid in March 2020. I was wearing it to work (which, as a nurse, is kind of a no-no) and the smell was providing me comfort in a time of misery—working weeks without a day off, unsure exactly how the virus was spread, being apart from my kids because everyone was afraid. Anyway, it gave me comfort until I realized I shouldn’t be wearing it out of consideration for others as we were all rewearing and sharing the same PPE gowns at that point due to the PPE shortage. Good times . I’m trying to get past that mental association but no luck. Scent memory is very powerful.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
HI:

Ordered some Carnal Flower today. Good lord the price$$$$ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Good thing I LOVE it and it lasts.

cheers--Sharon

Great choice! You will find yourself reaching for this often
Portrait of a lady is very nice if patchouli is your thing

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight is Villorosi Teint de Neige. Time for a new bottle i think!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice! You will find yourself reaching for this often
Portrait of a lady is very nice if patchouli is your thing

I haven't tried that one. Tuberose is my jam and therefore have enjoyed CF it for years.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I haven't tried that one. Tuberose is my jam and therefore have enjoyed CF it for years.

I discovered it about a year and a half ago and I reach for it often. You are right the tuberose is the magic 'potion' in it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Bortnikoff Chypre du Nord from one of their sample sets. This stuff blows my freaking mind and I wasn't sure what to expect but that wasn't it...lol Peach always scares me a little but in this its really light hand.

Not a house for everyone as they tend to use a lot of natural ingredients (some of which might be frowned upon by some)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soo , I bought a BuB of vanilla flash AND decided I still needed the new Sundowner (in spite of the name). I'm Sorry Arcadian, as I'm not a native speaker and have only followed 2 fragrance blogs and done a quick google search I wasn't aware that there's apparently a third very gruesome meaning to it. Im 100% positive that's the case for Andy Tauer himself as well....

The fragrance itself starts very earthy, astringent and quickly reveals that cacao note. I find it very similar to Vanilla flash in teh "feeling" , but where vanilla flash is radiant Ans floral in the beginning, sundowner is way more earthy. It develops smokey and more rosey .

It has excellent lasting power but mild sillage. But maybe thats due to the broken Spray nozzle my bottle came with. I know Andy Tauer is a one man show and does everything himself, but unfortunately that means that the bottle/mechanism isnt top notch. Which is a price I'm willing to pay without hesitation for a a truly independent perfumer who does whatever the h*CK he wishes to do without any marketing peeps telling him what to do!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Received my Carnal Flower today. Gosh I've MISSED this scent!!!

cheers--Sharon

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Soo , I bought a BuB of vanilla flash AND decided I still needed the new Sundowner (in spite of the name). I'm Sorry Arcadian, as I'm not a native speaker and have only followed 2 fragrance blogs and done a quick google search I wasn't aware that there's apparently a third very gruesome meaning to it. Im 100% positive that's the case for Andy Tauer himself as well....

The fragrance itself starts very earthy, astringent and quickly reveals that cacao note. I find it very similar to Vanilla flash in teh "feeling" , but where vanilla flash is radiant Ans floral in the beginning, sundowner is way more earthy. It develops smokey and more rosey .

It has excellent lasting power but mild sillage. But maybe thats due to the broken Spray nozzle my bottle came with. I know Andy Tauer is a one man show and does everything himself, but unfortunately that means that the bottle/mechanism isnt top notch. Which is a price I'm willing to pay without hesitation for a a truly independent perfumer who does whatever the h*CK he wishes to do without any marketing peeps telling him what to do!!

Your description makes me want to get a sample. I love vanilla fragrances and this sounds right up my alley

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dior Ambre nuit.

Toned down, soft musk scent. As usu with the Dior extraordinaire line : excellent lasting power.

Nothing ground breaking, but a calming, warm skin scent. Extremely wearable ( thank you Santa)

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Do you guys have a website suggestion for where to get perfume samples? I’d love a new scent but going into stores to smell things doesn’t feel like an option right now!

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Do you guys have a website suggestion for where to get perfume samples? I’d love a new scent but going into stores to smell things doesn’t feel like an option right now!

I have gotten some from Luckyscents they have a lot of options.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results