shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
My closet has AC...lol but then again, so did the other one. This one is much smaller than the one I had in Massachusetts (that one was bedroom sized!!) this is like normal walk in closet size. Before I built my closet in Mass , I used to keep them in the basement :lol: I allow only that one column of shelves (the ones I put in) because otherwise I'd be crazy perfume lady.

I am already the crazy perfume lady :lol-2: I need to find a system to make it look less crazy.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you perfume lovers will absolutely appreciate this
20210510_190101.jpg

I can smell this stuff from the front of my house...in the driveway!!! A single blossom perfumes my house! Thankfully I planted this in the furthest corner because it can be overwhelming at times.

B TW I'm NOT wearing perfume this is fragrant enough!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am already the crazy perfume lady :lol-2: I need to find a system to make it look less crazy.

Yeah well... I agree? Its the only way I can keep the crazy in check! I DO have a we bit of empty space on the top shelves, but I can barely reach them so.... yeah let me stop.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you perfume lovers will absolutely appreciate this
20210510_190101.jpg

I can smell this stuff from the front of my house...in the driveway!!! A single blossom perfumes my house! Thankfully I planted this in the furthest corner because it can be overwhelming at times.

B TW I'm NOT wearing perfume this is fragrant enough!!

I think you are a lucky ducky! (btw, I used to plant Asiatic lillies that grew to be 6 feet tall--the neighbours "commented" on the scent!:cool2:)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you are a lucky ducky! (btw, I used to plant Asiatic lillies that grew to be 6 feet tall--the neighbours "commented" on the scent!:cool2:)

I miss being able to grow those (can't them here, way too hot!). I had tons of them when we lived in Massachusetts, no issues with the neighbors. What could be problematic was all the freaking Lilac bushes. most people had one and they would all bloom right around mother's day. Talk about overwhelming....lol (I've never found a perfume that ever came close to those bushes!)

Around here its also mango season so, lots of mangos all over the neighborhood as well as plumeria and bird of paradise. I have all of them...lol best times of the day to smell all of them is really early morning/late evening

I did lose the Tuberose I had planted :cry: It just didn't come up this last time. (I wonder if the dogs peed on it and killed it??)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain Neroli Outrenoir I'm guessing that this was rumor that Guerlain could pull the Art and material line from the US (which would be devastating and I hope not!)

In other news I'm looking to procure Caron Tabac Exquis to test. On Caron's website, if I get the sample box, its 15 euro's to send.....gosh....I'm probably just going to go ahead and do it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Sir Anthony Hopkins perfume. Totally the right time of year to wear it. Today it went to soap about 4 hours in? but its now the beginning of the wet season so humidity will change the smell of certain perfumes.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm testing The Body Shop Clementine & Starfruit this evening. I can smell a cassis note and it also reminds me of their discontinued scent, Dewberry. It's quite light.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today Guerlain Embruns Y'lang...again. Ok its now been 4 days....lol Tomorrow I'll wear something different (maybe)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I cry because its the end of my favorite mandarin perfume.

Haute Parfum Man! Darrin! Not made anymore and in hindsight I should have gotten 2 bottles of this stuff. This is the longest lasting citrus perfume I've ever had. Lasts 6 hours which as we all know, dosen't usually happen.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Arcadian double phooey!

I went to try some Armani Prive.....but no stock if trying turned to buying? WOTTHEHECKEVER.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing my favorite summer fragrance this morning. Vetiver Tonka Hermes.
Like a fresh summer breeze. Warm yet cool. Visions of cycling by the sea.
Sweet and sassy both.
It embodies summer at the shore.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet and sassy both.

I will have to stop by Hermes and try that one!! I have been wearing Jour d-Hermes every day lately. I think they have lovely fragrances.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet and sassy both.

Vetiver Tonka is next on my must-buy list. I made my sample last as long as I could!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cartier rivière Allégresse.

SoII really loved the sample . But I never buy perfume upon just loving it the first days...too many bottles already!!

BUT DH , who never comments on fraganrance ( ever!!) complimented me twice in three days so I pulled the trigger

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will have to stop by Hermes and try that one!! I have been wearing Jour d-Hermes every day lately. I think they have lovely fragrances.

I agree. I love all the Hermessence fragrances. I don't know if they still sell sample packs but in the past you could purchase a set of samples for a reasonable cost and try before you buy a full bottle. I love all of their Hermessence fragrances. All delicious gourmand scents. My favorite is the Vetiver Tonka but IMO they are all FB worthy! Hope you enjoy!

Vetiver Tonka is next on my must-buy list. I made my sample last as long as I could!

Yes, definitely get a FB. I go through it too fast LOL but one of the things I greatly appreciate about it is that it is a gentle not overbearing scent so it is almost impossible to over spray. And it is so good.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not even 9am and its already 85F.
Today I'm wearing Caron Eau de Reglisse I love that its a 2fer Sparkling lemon at the top. Super nonsweet but natural smelling, then a slightly sweeter licorice at the bottom. I don't always like licorice but I love it in this perfume.

Always amazed how these older colognes stick around so much longer!! I usually get 6 hours from this.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Went to Nordstrom's today and pick up some Armani Prive samples: Cypres Pantelleria, Rose Milano and Cuir Noir. Sprayed then went for a walk, same old story. No lasting effect on me. :roll:

cheers--Sharon

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
HI:

Went to Nordstrom's today and pick up some Armani Prive samples: Cypres Pantelleria, Rose Milano and Cuir Noir. Sprayed then went for a walk, same old story. No lasting effect on me. :roll:

cheers--Sharon

Have you tried Rouge Malachite?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Same.

Perfume doesn't last long on my skin. I think it's because my skin is dry. Fragrance doesn't absorb fully on dry skin and more easily evaporates because of this. Despite (my) living in a humid environment it isn't enough to make the scent last long on me. Even Tihota which is an eau de parfum and pretty strong fades within a couple of hours.

If I moisturize the areas 30 minutes before I apply fragrance it does last longer so I think (at least for me) that is the answer. But I don't like to apply moisturizer to my neck so I don't bother.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I got the Caron Paris Sampler set (whoohoo!) I have not dug into it yet but I am so excited! was a little pricey especially since I also had to pay shipping from France, but best to test than to guess right? The price of the discovery set allows you to also take that same amount off for a bottle (it was roughly 30 dollars, so will accept that!)

for the curious these are the scents:
Delire de Roses
Rose Ebene
Santal Precieux
Tabac Exquis
Tabac Noir
Pois de senteur

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Caron Tabac Exquis. Yep it is absolutely full bottle worthy! Amazing, so smooth, so French. Wait, thats SO FRENCH!!! :lol: .

A cigar dipped in a beautifully floral chocolate. Does get a bit powdery but I don't mind the powder aspect. Absolutely wearable in this yucky summer weather (seems to love heat and humidity) Does not get out of control. Does have a light trail of lingering spices. OMG I love this. I'll be ordering a full bottle of this!

This is such a worthwhile set to get! I got words for Santal Precieux but I need to be fair and give a full day wearing.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Yesterday I got the Caron Paris Sampler set (whoohoo!) I have not dug into it yet but I am so excited! was a little pricey especially since I also had to pay shipping from France, but best to test than to guess right? The price of the discovery set allows you to also take that same amount off for a bottle (it was roughly 30 dollars, so will accept that!)

for the curious these are the scents:
Delire de Roses
Rose Ebene
Santal Precieux
Tabac Exquis
Tabac Noir
Pois de senteur

I have heard a lot of good things about this sampler set. Getting the credit towards a full bottle is always a plus. I will get this to try too.

I was away from home for 1 week and spent quality time with Les Clochettes Du Bonheur Roja Dove. I jump around from fragrance to fragrance almost daily not giving enough time to enjoy the different notes individually and the blend of notes. On some days I focused on the Lilly of the valley note. On other days the Jasmine and ylang-ylang was upfront.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heard a lot of good things about this sampler set. Getting the credit towards a full bottle is always a plus. I will get this to try too.

I was away from home for 1 week and spent quality time with Les Clochettes Du Bonheur Roja Dove. I jump around from fragrance to fragrance almost daily not giving enough time to enjoy the different notes individually and the blend of notes. On some days I focused on the Lilly of the valley note. On other days the Jasmine and ylang-ylang was upfront.

I love sample sets as it lets one try out a lot of perfumes. But yeah you kinda have to slow your roll a little bit on them. The first day I put on a dot of everything. :lol: :oops2: :lol: I couldn't tell what was what but it sure did smell good! So I'm trying to be fair and give a good 2 day wearing of all the scents.

Do let me know what your thoughts are! They have quite a few to choose from. I did stay away from some of the more obvious classics as there are just things I don't want to know.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wering (well for the last 2 days) Caron Delire De Roses This is what I consider to be the upscale Perfumers Workshop Tea Rose. Its very very pink rose with a touch of litchi.

I had a bottle of this years ago and gave it to my mother (what was I thinking?!?!?!)

I'm so enjoying this right now as it really goes well with the absolutely nasty heat/humidity that is Florida in the summertime. Its very deceptively long lasting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results