shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Finally - some Christmas jewelry!

mrs-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For someone who loves Christmas as much as I do, it's extraordinary that I have previously had no Christmas jewelry! So this year, DH arranged for me to have three pieces - all with a Christmas theme.

Firstly - and most importantly, to me - my 18kt yellow gold and ruby coat pin. This will go on my coat and stay there forever. I LOVE this pin! It's a large piece, but hugely elegant nonetheless. Meet Miss Holly!

20191222_115752.jpg

20191222_115929.jpg

To give an idea of size, the 'berries' are 4.7mm each. They're very red and clean and don't black out in any lighting conditions.

mrs-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next - my new ring! I bought this glorious rubellite from @Bron357, who gave me the deal to end all deals (thank you, @Bron357!!) The ring is set with 2 beautiful Yvonne Raley tsavorite garnets and 4 x 2.7mm H&A diamonds (2 are Ascendancy diamonds from GOG and 2 were H&A hand picked diamonds from DKJ).

These photos were taken before the prongs were finished and the rng is currently in transit to me. I wanted to post all three pieces, so the ring is being posted before it was entirely finished. There's certainly enough here, tho, to give a general idea!

DKPV2019-12-06---55761---HR--1.jpg

DKPV2019-12-06---55761---HR--2.jpg

DKPV2019-12-06---55761---HR--4.jpg

DKPV2019-12-06---55761---HR--5.jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooo that ring looks scrumptious and even Christmas themed.
great to see a piece of the hoard rightfully installed into something beautiful.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All amazing as always, but I am absolutely head over heels for that tree charm! :kiss2: Gorgeous!!!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Christmassy pieces! I want to say I particularly love the Brooch, but the Tree charm and the Red & Green ring are so special too -- wishing you joy every time you look at and wear them!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love every piece! So pretty and festive!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your style and your new pieces, Mrs. B. Merry Christmas!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All amazing as always, but I am absolutely head over heels for that tree charm! :kiss2: Gorgeous!!!
WOT she said!

cheers--Sharon

TheGarnetGirl

Brilliant_Rock
What a delightful way to celebrate Christmas!! My favorite is that brooch! So sweet and immediately noticable!

Rubies-R-Me

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh I just love your Xmas lovelies. They are all charming and perfect for the season. :appl:

Catmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all three pieces but you know that coat pin is tops for me. Just lovely and it will be perfect on your coat. Merry Christmas!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the pin!
I love the ring too!
Oh, and that tree charm is adorable!!!!!

(And, this is from someone who hates the overuse of exclamation points!!! )

mrs-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Scandinavian - and I'm loving your new setting!

@Bron357 - thank you SO MUCH! This lovely ring would not have been possible without you!

Thank you, @Dandi :)) And Merry Christmas to you, lovely lady! ox

mrs-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @marymm! I love the brooch, too. It's god a LOT of gold in it, and is my main gift from my DH. The textures on it - curves and angles - are just mesmerizing to my eye. <3

Awww - thank you, @tyty333 - I'm so glad you like them! And Merry Christmas to you and yours! :wavey:

Thank you so much, @luv2sparkle - that's so nice of you to say! And Merry Christmas to you, too! :))

mrs-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughing here - thank you, @canuk-gal! :mrgreen:

@TheGarnetGirl - I have to say, I agree with you! It's a very eye-catching piece - nothing shy or retiring about it! But on the other hand, in no way garish. I love it!

Thank you, @MissGotRocks - the charm is the most overtly Christmas-y of the three, and no charm bracelet of mine, which was honestly representative of my life, could get by without some sort of homage to Christmas!!

mrs-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @RayRay - I've seen a lot of Christmas tree charms, but nothing like that. SO I designed it myself in the end!

Thank you, @Rubies-R-Me. :)) It really is about time I had some Christmas baublies! I'm very much looking forward to seeing how they trimmed the prongs on the ring. They're much less obvious in real life, but even so - they still needed a good trim!

Hi @Catmom - and Merry Christmas! :wavey: I thought of you a LOT while I was having these made and I figured you would like the pin the best! Now all I need to do is have a Christmas beetle made and attached to it, and it would be almost perfect for you!! :))

mrs-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @DorotheaBrooke :)) I love the idea of being able to put on something special for Christmas, tho I have to say, that ring looks wonderful at any time!

Hi @KaeKae :)) I love them all too! And I think your usage of exclamation points was very restrained, given the circumstance! :mrgreen:

Hallo @diamondseeker2006 - and Merriest of Christmases to you and your family! I will do, re the coat photo. I have a lovely new black coat on which I want to wear my new pin and I think the shiny gold will look perfect against it. ::)

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With your stunning brooch, I would be tempted to pop little loops on the underside of the twig ends and then you could convert to a necklace if you felt so inclined.

Scandinavian

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Next - my new ring! I bought this glorious rubellite from @Bron357, who gave me the deal to end all deals (thank you, @Bron357!!) The ring is set with 2 beautiful Yvonne Raley tsavorite garnets and 4 x 2.7mm H&A diamonds (2 are Ascendancy diamonds from GOG and 2 were H&A hand picked diamonds from DKJ).

These photos were taken before the prongs were finished and the rng is currently in transit to me. I wanted to post all three pieces, so the ring is being posted before it was entirely finished. There's certainly enough here, tho, to give a general idea!

DKPV2019-12-06---55761---HR--1.jpg

DKPV2019-12-06---55761---HR--2.jpg

DKPV2019-12-06---55761---HR--4.jpg

DKPV2019-12-06---55761---HR--5.jpg
I really like this! Looks like something fit for a true Cinderella story!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Christmas bling, all gorgeous!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and rich and happy jewelry. Evoking the holiday spirit indeed. Nicely done @mrs-b

Snowdrop13

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, love the reds and greens, so festive! That tree charm is just so cleverly designed and pretty- is it all by D Klass?

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.