shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally, my upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2006 2:07:00 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Ellen!!!! Gosh I almost missed this! With school starting back I haven''t been on here my usual 18 hours a day!!!
2.gif

I LOVE your pictures!
30.gif
You won''t believe this, but seeing your setting is giving me second thoughts AGAIN! I love Vatche settings and would have preferred a slightly narrower band than the x-prong has, but I don''t like the super thin bands on me either. I sure do wish I could try some on. I do want to wear a diamond w-band with mine so I really need to try it on to see what would work, but I just am tired out on setting shopping.

The earrings are beautiful, too! I''m about to make a decision on those, too. My birthday is soon and I may as well get those in time for my b-day if I can figure out settings for those. I love the martini''s, but I want 4 prong ones, and I''m sure nobody has them like that!! Apparently I have to make everything difficult!!!

I might have to get you to give me some photography lessons, too! You did a terrific job!
36.gif
Thanks ds!

Do you not have a Vatche dealer within driving distance?
I tried to link one, but it won''t pull the exact ring up. Have you seen style 102, it''s new. Looks like mine but tapers in a bit at the top.

And I think a diamond band would go with that. Just a thought.

Tell you what, I''ll help you with pics if you''ll help me with my av, lol. If I try to size it by pixels, as I lower the top number it does the bottom number automatically, and it''s not square (not equal to top). How did you do yours??

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2006 3:24:05 PM
Author: Lynn B
OH MY WORD!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS diamonds! All 3 of them! Simply fabulous!!!

And your photo skills are enviable, too! What kind of camera are you using???!!!
Thank you Lynn!

I have a Cannon PowerShot A75. 3.2 megapixels

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been to two places that carried Vatche, but they had very few of the settings, unfortunately. I did get to try the Royal Crown and that''s how I know how beautifully finished those settings are!

Well, I couldn''t change my avatar, so the administrators were kind enough to do it for me! It just wasn''t letting me access my profile, etc. So I''m sure they''d help ou if you email them.

And I just want to say that I am not sure what the fuss is about having so many megapixels when your camera takes great pictures with 3.2! I''ve got to get myself a camera before I get my ring and earrings!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ds, I guess I''ll have to ask them how to do it.

And yes, a camera is a must!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
"B&M hell".
emotion-14.gif
heh heh. Congrats on your upgrade. You are obviously in "Diamond heaven" now.
17.gif
Love the diamonds and the pictures. Gorgeous.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2006 1:55:52 PM
Author: whatmeworry
''B&M hell''.
emotion-14.gif
heh heh. Congrats on your upgrade. You are obviously in ''Diamond heaven'' now.
17.gif
Love the diamonds and the pictures. Gorgeous.
Diamond heaven indeed!
9.gif

Thanks!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Ellen.....I don''t know how I ever missed this, but I''m drooling on my keyboard as I type this. Fabulous pics of fabulous rocks!!!!!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW WOW WOW all three of those stones are wonderful picks. You did such a great job!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
*handing Rod a towel for his keyboard*

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments!
5.gif

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
I just came across this thread....Beautiful earrings, and I LOVE the ring!!!

In fact, I almost highjacked another thread on RT to tell you how beautiful the stone looked in your avatar!!!

Congrats!!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 5:52:39 PM
Author: Carlotta
I just came across this thread....Beautiful earrings, and I LOVE the ring!!!

In fact, I almost highjacked another thread on RT to tell you how beautiful the stone looked in your avatar!!!

Congrats!!
36.gif
Aw, thank you Carlotta! I love that shot too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, explain to me how you took that shot. I can see light behind your hand, but where is the light coming from that the diamond is reflecting? We need a whole diamond photography lesson before getting a new diamond!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ds, I took that shot in my bedroom, against a west window in late afternoon. The sun was bright behind it, had the mini blinds shut, but there was still light in the room. The green tint in it came from my sheets.

You don''t need a lot of light in front of the diamond to get the arrows, just some, and actually, not that much.. Like the pastel arrow shot was on my breezeway. The ring was sitting on a table a few feet from a window, but again, there was diffused light in the room (and through the window). Same thing with the floor shot, only the ring was in front of the door which is all glass, so there was a bit more light behind the diamond.

Here''s a shot in my basement, which is very dark, there were no lights on. Basically just light from one window. I made it kind of wide so you could get an idea of how bright the light was behind it, and off to the side on this one, and how it''s darker right off to the right. Now granted, they didn''t all show up, but this is just you give you an idea of how little light you really need. Just experiment!

NewRing0310.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUM
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 7:52:30 AM
Author: Lorelei
YUM
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I know, those colors. I''m thinking, why didn''t I post that one originally? lol

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2006 8:00:44 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 8/31/2006 7:52:30 AM
Author: Lorelei
YUM
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I know, those colors. I''m thinking, why didn''t I post that one originally? lol
hee hee - the diamond is displaying a palette of lovely colours in that shot
3.gif
I am getting carried away....
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wooohooooooo! They''re on their way!

Just thought I''d share.
9.gif

Earrings_1101[1].jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Sweet Ellen, can''t wait to see ear shots!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 7:41:50 PM
Author: Sundial
Sweet Ellen, can't wait to see ear shots!!!
Thanks. Believe me, I CAN wait to take them again. The contortions under my bedroom lamp last time were hysterical. Hope it goes easier this time.
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I took mine using the bathroom mirror to see what the camera was capturing on its viewfinder. It worked great.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad you bumped this thread Ellen! I was just thinking...'How am I going to find the thread on Ellen's gorgeous ring??' I've been admiring it in your av and wanted to take a closer look. I love it! How wide is the band where it meets the stone? I'm thinking of a wider band for my new stone and I too am a bit paranoid after reading all the 'thinner band makes stone pop' comments.

Love the new earrings too! Well-done! a

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 7:55:24 PM
Author: Sundial
I took mine using the bathroom mirror to see what the camera was capturing on its viewfinder. It worked great.
I tried the bathroom too, but the lighting seemed to make my pics come out better in the bedroom. I totally forgot until now that I have a mirror in my breezeway, which has THE best lighting for pics, so hopefully it''ll be sunny tomorrow and I''ll try out there.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 8:21:44 PM
Author: angeline
I am so glad you bumped this thread Ellen! I was just thinking...''How am I going to find the thread on Ellen''s gorgeous ring??'' I''ve been admiring it in your av and wanted to take a closer look. I love it! How wide is the band where it meets the stone? I''m thinking of a wider band for my new stone and I too am a bit paranoid after reading all the ''thinner band makes stone pop'' comments.

Love the new earrings too! Well-done! a
Aw, thank you.
5.gif

I don''t have all my notes anymore, but I believe the band is 4mm at the diamond.

Get what you''re comfortable with, and what looks good on you. Thicker just goes better on me. And while this band may not be thin, no one seems to think my stone is small.
2.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, are you upgrading your ACAs? That new set looks amazing. I can''t wait for ear pics.

shay

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 3:14:49 PM
Author: Shay37
Ellen, are you upgrading your ACAs? That new set looks amazing. I can''t wait for ear pics.

shay
Yes mam.
9.gif
And thanks!

I just can''t wait to get them on my ears! I''m freaking out now, thinking, what if they''re too big?? I know, I''m ill.
38.gif
lol

I''ll know in about 2 1/2 hours....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ELLEN!!! I almost missed this!!! I did not see the WF picture last night!

Do you have them yet????

And now hear this from me:

They are NOT TOO BIG!!!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 5:01:06 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 11/2/2006 3:14:49 PM
Author: Shay37

shay
Yes mam.
9.gif
And thanks!

I just can''t wait to get them on my ears! I''m freaking out now, thinking, what if they''re too big?? I know, I''m ill.
38.gif
lol

I''ll know in about 2 1/2 hours....
OMG, that''s just crazy talk!!!!!! sssshhhh!!!! Someone might revoke your PS membership.
2.gif
lalalalalalala, I can''t hear this.

shay

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL!!! You guys.
9.gif

They''re heeerrrre, and,

THEY''RE PERFECT!

*does sommersault*

9.gif

Seriously, they could not be better. They are exactly what I wanted in size, they behave the exact same (and they should, they''re practically twins), they are just stunning.
36.gif

Now, ds, I know you''re like, answer my question! lol While these are right for me, you are used to wearing bigger. Let''s say, even if your old pair were deep, like mine, and faced up smaller, they were still probably pretty big (compared to mine they had to be). So I would say for what you''re used to, I''d go with the bigger pair. Seriously.
2.gif

I''ll try to get some pics tomorrow! Ahhh, more diamonds to capture....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, Ellen!!
36.gif
I am so excited that they are perfect for you!!! I knew they would be!

I need to know the specs! How many mm is the diameter? (Part of my hang-up is that the bigger pair is not as perfect numerically as the smaller pair. But I don''t know if I would be able to see it visually or not.)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting for those pictures, Ellen
31.gif

1.gif
Haha! Be sure to give me the specs (diameter) because they have to be close in size to the smaller pair I was looking at.

We are going out to eat and to a movie tonight, so if you don''t post before I go, I''ll check in when we get home.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results