shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally, my upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 3:17:04 PM
Author: BlueKeet
Absolutely stunning. I''m pretty sure my jaw dropped farther to the ground with every picture. Might even be some drool on the keyboard. The colors you captured in the diamond ring pictures are amazing. The earings are gorgeous too. I like the 3 prong setting.
Aww, thank you! I''m so jealous of your pics though, you have those beautiful props, which just adds to the beauty of that gorgeous ring.
2.gif

And yes, I LOVE the martinis. They just nestle in your ear perfectly.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen that ring is GORGEOUS! I mean like EVERY photo you took it was eithier sparkles everywhere or perfect arrows! What a great find!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 3:25:31 PM
Author: devientdrow
Ellen that ring is GORGEOUS! I mean like EVERY photo you took it was eithier sparkles everywhere or perfect arrows! What a great find!
Thanks dev! I had so much fun shooting this ring. I must admit though, the neighbor''s probably think I''m weird.
9.gif

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I love that x prong design!!! And, you have a very beautiful diamond -- good job!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
THAT ring and THOSE arrows....OMG they look so fabulous!!! Truly, that stone is a knockout. And I am loving those earrings too...a great size on the ears!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
jay, thank you!

FG, thank you also! And I don''t know if you saw my comment in another thread, so I''ll say it again. Your av is stunning, and your ring has made me like pears.
30.gif

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I had to take some more pictures of my ring after seeing yours and I didn't get ones nearly as clear and spectacular. I did find some more pretty props though. Maybe I'll keep trying. Really a gorgeous stone! The arrows just blow me away. You even captured them on the earings. The martini setting is perfect in your ear. I want to get my studs reset they stick up too high and the holes in my ears weren't done at the greatest angles, but I bet the martini setting would disguise that.

I really like the one on the carpet and all the ones on the reflective surfaces.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Ellen those are some serious diamonds!! Gorgeous! And that 1.4 looks huge on your hand, the setting is perfect for you. Beautiful pictures too.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 5:57:29 PM
Author: BlueKeet
Wow, I had to take some more pictures of my ring after seeing yours and I didn''t get ones nearly as clear and spectacular. I did find some more pretty props though. Maybe I''ll keep trying. Really a gorgeous stone! The arrows just blow me away. You even captured them on the earings. The martini setting is perfect in your ear. I want to get my studs reset they stick up too high and the holes in my ears weren''t done at the greatest angles, but I bet the martini setting would disguise that.

I really like the one on the carpet and all the ones on the reflective surfaces.
BK, I''ll give you a helpful hint, you have to take a TON, at all angles, all times of day, and you''ll end up with several good ones. Seriously. You''ve got an excellent subject and props, I''ll be waiting.
2.gif

Also, I know what you mean with the ear holes. I went against my mothers wishes and had them done at 13, by the neighbor of my best friend. One got infected and was never just a perfect hole, had a bit of a slit to it. The studs I had before never sat right in it, unless I screwed it in really far. These definitely solve those problems!

And thanks again.
1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 4:29:57 PM
Author: Ellen

Thanks dev! I had so much fun shooting this ring. I must admit though, the neighbor''s probably think I''m weird.
9.gif
all PSers have that problem.
2.gif
Oh, well.

Ellen, now for the serious comments. Wowee!!! Woohoo!!!! Good heavens, and have mercy. You have some seriously beautiful bling. From the perfection of the ACA ear blingers to a really top notch Isee(why you had to have it)2 ring. The setting is perfect for your hands, and your pics are fab. Thank you for indulging our need for pics.

shay

rogue

Shiny_Rock
Ellen, so beautiful! That is some amazing bling. Congrats!!
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 6:23:15 PM
Author: Shay37

Date: 8/24/2006 4:29:57 PM

9.gif
all PSers have that problem.
2.gif
Oh, well.

Ellen, now for the serious comments. Wowee!!! Woohoo!!!! Good heavens, and have mercy. You have some seriously beautiful bling. From the perfection of the ACA ear blingers to a really top notch Isee(why you had to have it)2 ring. The setting is perfect for your hands, and your pics are fab. Thank you for indulging our need for pics.

shay
HA! You are so clever.
2.gif
Thanks Shay, and really, it was NO problem induging you.
9.gif

rogue, thank you as well!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Ellen....Your ring absolutely gorgeous! And that stone!!!
23.gif
30.gif

Date: 8/24/2006 2:39:04 PM
I know that setting''s not for everyone, but it is SO me. I tried and tried to find something different, with a thinner band so the scratches wouldn''t be an issue, but I just couldn''t get away from it.
It sure is for me! I think it''s perfect! I like the look and feel of a gorgeous rock like that being enthroned in a slightly more substantial mounting...

Congrats!
widget

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 8:44:34 PM
Author: widget
Oh, Ellen....Your ring absolutely gorgeous! And that stone!!!
23.gif
30.gif

Date: 8/24/2006 2:39:04 PM
I know that setting''s not for everyone, but it is SO me. I tried and tried to find something different, with a thinner band so the scratches wouldn''t be an issue, but I just couldn''t get away from it.
It sure is for me! I think it''s perfect! I like the look and feel of a gorgeous rock like that being enthroned in a slightly more substantial mounting...

Congrats!
widget
Thanks widget. I guess I''ve read SO many times on here to "get a thinner band to make the stone pop", that I kinda got a complex about it. But size was never my real priority anyway, I just wanted a really nice looking ring.
2.gif

Love yer name BTW!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Ellen,
Wow, your earrings and ring are amazing!!! You are a fabulous photographer. I have the same X prong setting (my diamond is smaller though - 1.13). I wish my stone were as well cut as yours - sadly I didnt know about Pricescope then! Anyway not to get off topic. I know what you mean - that setting called to me too. I knew I wanted a solitaire and something a little different from the standard tiffany style, something a little more unique. I always liked the X prong type styles but I didn''t want to look like I was copying the Lucida. But then I found out that there was one made by a real designer (vatche) and that it was not a rip off of Tiffany''s, I felt confident getting it!

Do you plan to wear a band with it? I have the matching band, and honestly, while I love the look while they are lined up, the constant rotating of it is annoying. Some people think the two are too thick together, but I have long fingers so it works well for me. Some people say the would not wear a curved band solo, but that doesn''t bother me honestly. Just the spinning. And I don''t want to have it soldered because I have another band I wear with it sometimes!

Enjoy your treasures!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Ellen. I sat here with my mouth hanging open drooling at your pictures. The flashes of color in your diamond ring are beyond amazing. Your ring is BEAUUUUUUUUUUUUUTIFUL. What fantastic pictures you took. OMG OMG OMG. My favorite is the one where the light seems to be shooting out of the diamond. Your earrings are gorgeous too.

Linda

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 9:19:29 PM
Author: gailrmv
Ellen,
Wow, your earrings and ring are amazing!!! You are a fabulous photographer. I have the same X prong setting (my diamond is smaller though - 1.13). I wish my stone were as well cut as yours - sadly I didnt know about Pricescope then! Anyway not to get off topic. I know what you mean - that setting called to me too. I knew I wanted a solitaire and something a little different from the standard tiffany style, something a little more unique. I always liked the X prong type styles but I didn''t want to look like I was copying the Lucida. But then I found out that there was one made by a real designer (vatche) and that it was not a rip off of Tiffany''s, I felt confident getting it!

Do you plan to wear a band with it? I have the matching band, and honestly, while I love the look while they are lined up, the constant rotating of it is annoying. Some people think the two are too thick together, but I have long fingers so it works well for me. Some people say the would not wear a curved band solo, but that doesn''t bother me honestly. Just the spinning. And I don''t want to have it soldered because I have another band I wear with it sometimes!

Enjoy your treasures!
Hi gail, I knew you had my setting, I ran across it it my searches. As for a WB, I don''t have one right now, I am going to purchase one from the jeweler here in town (figured that can''t hurt since I didn''t get the Ering there). But my preference is not the two together, I just feel that another ring messes with the visual. My taste is very simple. So I don''t think it will be tough finding a band, as I won''t wear them together.

Thanks so much for the kind words, and you have a lovely ring yourself.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 9:33:13 PM
Author: Linda W
OMG Ellen. I sat here with my mouth hanging open drooling at your pictures. The flashes of color in your diamond ring are beyond amazing. Your ring is BEAUUUUUUUUUUUUUTIFUL. What fantastic pictures you took. OMG OMG OMG. My favorite is the one where the light seems to be shooting out of the diamond. Your earrings are gorgeous too.

Linda
LOL Linda, your enthusiasm made me laugh out loud! Thank you! And yes, when I first saw that pic I just went, WOW.
I managed to get lucky quite a bit with these photos.
5.gif

Thanks again!

lilmissjaja

Rough_Rock
Ohh.. my, I love your earings, it look so beautiful, and lvoe the setting too.

I am sure you have heard this hundred times from everyone else, but I want to say that your ring looks gorgeous !!.

Love the way it sparkle and. Love your camera shots too.
36.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 9:39:57 PM

Date: 8/24/2006 9:19:29 PM
Author: gailrmv
Ellen,

Enjoy your treasures!
Hi gail, I knew you had my setting, I ran across it it my searches. As for a WB, I don''t have one right now, I am going to purchase one from the jeweler here in town (figured that can''t hurt since I didn''t get the Ering there). But my preference is not the two together, I just feel that another ring messes with the visual. My taste is very simple. So I don''t think it will be tough finding a band, as I won''t wear them together.

Thanks so much for the kind words, and you have a lovely ring yourself.
2.gif
Thank you so much! Enjoy yours! (I am drooling over diamond studs just like yours- mine are tiny and not very sparkly!)

darling

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful photography!!! Diamonds too!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lilmissjaja, thank you. I don''t think I could ever tire of hearing kind words about my ring.
2.gif

darling, thank you too! Glad you guys enjoyed the pics.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I went through the whole thread again to see if I missed anyone, and I caught your edit.
6.gif
I am not only flattered, but honored to have such a thing said about one of my pictures. THANK YOU!!

kcoursolle, I did miss your comments, sorry, thank you so much!

And a thank you again to everyone who posted. Honestly, you have no idea how much your compliments mean. I''ll explain.

I was a little surprised at the response of my friends and family when I got this ring. It was strangely subdued. While I think everyone could appreciate the fact that it''s a very nice diamond, I don''t think anyone really appreciated the fact that I had it. This is by far the most extravagant thing I''ve ever owned. I''ve gone without a lot to stay home and raise my boys, and that was fine, my choice. So it''s not like I''m some spoiled brat, far from it. And I didn''t go shoving it in peoples faces either. In fact, I didn''t say one word, just waited for people to notice on their own, which I do with anything. Not the flashy, braggy type. (Believe it or not, I was really nervous to do this thread)

I can only surmise they are jealous, I can''t come up with any other explanation. And I can''t relate to that well, as I don''t have a jealous bone in my body. I have always been happy for everyone I know, whether what they got was big or small, guess I expected the same.

So it''s kind of a bittersweet thing, that the people who truly appreciate my ring and the fact that it''s mine, are people I''ve never even met.

So, this was a long winded way of saying thank you, I really appreciate all your kind words.
1.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond. I think your setting sets it off beautifully! What great pics!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 12:30:13 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
GORGEOUSSSS! Oh how beautifulllll!!!
30.gif
Thanks SD!

Hey, you are a married woman now, right? How was it?? Did you post about it?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 12:34:54 PM
Author: lumpkin
Beautiful diamond. I think your setting sets it off beautifully! What great pics!
Thank you lumpkin! (your name makes me giggle)

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen:

I''ve really enjoyed looking through all your wonderful pictures. Your earrings and ring are so beautiful.

I just love your ring setting. I think the balance of the diamond and the setting is just perfect! I also am a fan of ring settings with a more substantial feel and look to them. I think the balance you achieved in your ring is just perfect and is very flattering to your diamond!

Such lovely sparklies, you are a very lucky girl, indeed!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 2:52:40 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
Ellen:

I''ve really enjoyed looking through all your wonderful pictures. Your earrings and ring are so beautiful.

I just love your ring setting. I think the balance of the diamond and the setting is just perfect! I also am a fan of ring settings with a more substantial feel and look to them. I think the balance you achieved in your ring is just perfect and is very flattering to your diamond!

Such lovely sparklies, you are a very lucky girl, indeed!
9.gif
Suzy, thank you! Very lucky.
28.gif

And I''m glad you enjoyed the pics!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen!!!! Gosh I almost missed this! With school starting back I haven''t been on here my usual 18 hours a day!!!
2.gif

I LOVE your pictures!
30.gif
You won''t believe this, but seeing your setting is giving me second thoughts AGAIN! I love Vatche settings and would have preferred a slightly narrower band than the x-prong has, but I don''t like the super thin bands on me either. I sure do wish I could try some on. I do want to wear a diamond w-band with mine so I really need to try it on to see what would work, but I just am tired out on setting shopping.

The earrings are beautiful, too! I''m about to make a decision on those, too. My birthday is soon and I may as well get those in time for my b-day if I can figure out settings for those. I love the martini''s, but I want 4 prong ones, and I''m sure nobody has them like that!! Apparently I have to make everything difficult!!!

I might have to get you to give me some photography lessons, too! You did a terrific job!
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH MY WORD!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS diamonds! All 3 of them! Simply fabulous!!!

And your photo skills are enviable, too! What kind of camera are you using???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results