shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW FINALLY!! My new 2.8 N AVC set in my GreenLake custom settin

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so first off I want to thank GOG for such amazing service and for the most beautiful diamond!! Jonathan's AVC's are literally amazing, as you all know, and I am so grateful to be able to call this one my own. Second, GreenLake Jewelry Works is spectacular!! The quality of their work is top notch and I am so glad I found and chose to use them. Corinne, my designer, is a gem and the entire team is just wonderful and so easy to work with. I highly recommend both GOG and GreenLake to EVERYONE! Lastly, my amazing husband who funded this entire project and with joy might I add. He is truly a gift from God and I am so blessed to have him.

Now, I have not made it back home yet to take the fab glamour shots you are all accustom to, but I will be tonight and I plan on taking all the photos I can tomorrow. But, I have been taking photos at the hotel and in the car and I just can't stand it anymore and thought I would start to share.

The diamond:

August Vintage Cushion
2.8 N VS2
AGS 000 Ideal
no florescence
8.49 x 8.21 x 5.60
Total depth 68.20
Table % 46.20
Crown angle 41.1
Pavilion angle 40.4
Girdle is thin to slightly thick
Medium Culet

The setting: finger size 4.5 but I wear a 5.5 and 5.375 on the E-ring for comfort

engagement ring
Platinum 950 / 14k yellow gold(filigree)
50 round brilliant diamonds ( .56ct ) E-F VS1-VS2
.7mm - .8mm in the gallery plus two 1.3mm diamonds bezel set in the filigree
1.3mm on the halo and shank
scroll/half wheat engraving and milgrain on the edges
14k yellow gold filigree

wedding ring:

Platinum 950
29 1.3mm round brilliant diamonds ( .27ct ) E-F VS1-VS2
scroll/half wheat engraving and milgrain on the edges

14k yellow gold band

high polish knife edge with milgrain on the top edge

Ok...I hope I didn't forget anything and I also here is the link to the setting journey.....
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/ro...ed-help-on-my-custom-setting-t204834-120.html

And now...the first pics...the better ones will come tomorrow. I hope you all love it as much as I do!!

img_6218.jpg

img_6219.jpg

img_6221.jpg

img_6222.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Re: FINALLY!! My new 2.8 N AVC set in my GreenLake custom se

CJ!!! Agghhhh!!! It's spectacular! So worth the wait! I am absolutely thrilled for you! That engraving is gorgeous, I had never really considered it, but it's absolutely divine on your ring. Greenlake did a phenomenal job...I can't wait to see more pictures! :love: :love: :love:

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock

also, sorry if you see feet, boots and luggage in the background....I had to stay by the best lighting in the hotel room, and time was limited in the mornings!

cj

img_6226.jpg

img_6228.jpg

img_6229.jpg

img_6230.jpg

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock

Awww thanks TruLuv...I seriously was blown away! It really is better than I had imagined! I am soon in love with these rings! Thank you so much for following along!

Some more shots.....and please forgive my nails... they are not at their best!

img_6232.jpg

img_6233.jpg

img_6234.jpg

img_6235.jpg

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock

and a few more....in the car...driving..

Ill share some more tomorrow!

cj

img_6236.jpg

img_6237.jpg

img_6239.jpg

img_6240.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

The colour of that AVC is just STUNNING (but then again I am partial to lower colours). It looks like it was meant for that setting all along. It's beautiful.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your wedding set is beautiful, and looks so perfect on your finger - congrats!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock

That AVC is just soooooo :love: and the setting beautiful. I love the way the set goes together. Can't wait to see more photos.

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock

misskittycat...I totally understand loving a warmer diamond!!!! They are just so yummy and of course I love vintage so I guess it all just suites my taste. Im so glad you like it!

marymm...thank you so very much..I am thrilled with it!

Diamondbug...thank you!! I love the way the whole thing flows as well. I was so hoping it would be perfect and it really is...and even better!

cj

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Spectacular gallery in the setting and the diamond is magnificent! Congrats on your new rings!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So lovely!! Congratulations. That setting is amazing. Wear it in health and happiness! :appl: :appl:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Your set is amazing! I love the engraving on the ering and the plain milgrain band :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

Michelez

Shiny_Rock

I love that diamond and the set is beautiful with it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your new rings are spectacular, cj! I think my favourite is the the Ering with the YG band... :love:

I LOVE how the two-tone metal combo worked out in the finished product! Your N fits right in - figuratively and literally ::) And Green Lake's workmanship is as fantastic as always!!

Do you usually wear all three together? Can I ask about comfort - do you feel the beaded milgrain inner edge of the Ering at all? I really like the look of the higher-set stone for this design - the extra height makes the shoulders swoop more - but do you find it difficult to manoeuvre with at all?

lnl001

Rough_Rock

AVR's / AVC's rock THE ROCK! Love it Congrats

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amazing to finally see it on your finger CJ! It's such a beautiful ring and set. And the color and high crown of your AVC are fabulous :love:
I am looking forward seeing more pics. Enjoy wearing your rings :wavey:
It has been quite a journey for you but you made great design choices and the end result is stunning.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can't wait until tomorrow so I can see more pics. CJ, Your ring is stunning!!!!

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything is absolutely beautiful about it! The yellow gold is just beautiful, I love the engraving, the diamond is totally amazing....yup, pretty much perfect!

I'm impressed with what you've created here. Congratulations!!!!!!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SO beautiful!!!!!

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock

Aprilbaby...thank you! I love the gallery as well. The design and having my mothers diamonds set in the filigree is extra special!

LLJsmom...thank you so much! I plan to enjoy every second, which isn't hard to do when you can't keep your eyes off of it!

thecat...thank you! I too love the engraving and milgrain. The plain band is sooo delicate and just beautiful. Plus its a great way to pair up for a less blingy look.

Michelez...thank you! I do as well and I am so happy with the complete look!

Yssie...Thank you!! I too love it with the yellow gold band alone. It really shows a simpler and yet gorgeous look. While we were in Nashville I definitely wore all three together because it was so cold out. It really helped to keep them on and from spinning! Now that I am home, I can get away with just two...though the yelllow gold band is 1.5mm so the e-ring does spin a bit, but not much. I rather like them to be able to move around though and not be snug on my finger. So..regarding the milgrain and comfort. I was wondering the same thing when I saw the photos that GreenLake sent me, but once I had them on my finger I honestly can not feel a thing. :appl: I can feel it when I rub the edge with my thumb or something, but not while I am just wearing it. Honestly the inside is so smooth that I kept thinking it might be curved almost like a comfort fit, but visually I can not see that. All I know is that they are extremely comfortable! As far as the height...the swooping shoulders are exactly what I had in mind. I just love the romantic look of it and am so pleased with the height. I have not had any trouble hitting it on anything or it getting in the way. None of the edges are sharp so scratching isn't an issue either. Now I am somewhat careful with my rings and I do take them off for cleaning, sleeping, showering, and working out, so Im sure that helps. But I have always removed my rings when doing those activities so thats nothing new. I'll have to post a pic with my yellow gold baguette and round eternity band I have as well. I really love that combo and that band is only 1.7mm wide so it looks amazing together. It also has warmer baguettes so it just kinda goes!

InI001...I totally agree...and thanks!

Acinom...Aww thank you so much! Yes it has been a journey, but totally worth the time in the end. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it! And I will enjoy them always! I am working on pics this morning... the sun is in and out....mainly out, so its been challenging, but as soon as it comes back out Ill head back outside to take some more!

Calliecake...awww thank so much! I really appreciate it and I can't wait to share them!

momma2boys...what sweet words! Well I am honored that you love it that much! Thank you!! I too am just over the moon with it! It is exactly how I imagined feeling about the completed set and the looks are honestly better than I had expected. :love: Its so hard to imagine the final look, but this is spectacular! My husband says he thinks he loves it more than me! ( NOT POSSIBLE ) I think he is just proud to have been able to get it for me. We've dreamed about it for so many years and it really does live up to our expectations!

thank you all for looking!! I'll be posting new pics soon!
cj :wavey:

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock

motownmama...Thank you so much!

Ok so the sun came out for a second and I ran out on the front porch to get a couple quick shots of the e-ring with my eternity band. I do love this combo as well! My baguettes are from my original set and are not calibrated so they just made the ring to look as best as possible for me for sentimental reasons! It may not be perfect, but I do love it still....and it was not made by Greenlake, but an Etsy vender.

img_6262.jpg

img_6263.jpg

img_6264.jpg

img_6265.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh. My. Goodness. I absolutely love everything, EVERYTHING about your new set! Its just stunning!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This ring is amazing!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! Love the gallery!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful set! I love all of the details!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock

Wow, they turned out beautifully. Enjoy your new pretties!!!! :love:

Vampira

Rough_Rock

That beautiful warm color on your AVC... I think my heart is melting! :love: Not to mention ALL your bands are divine as well.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! Amazing stone and setting!! :love:

Looks absolutely awesome on you!

Enjoy!

Cachette :)

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

I am also jumping up and down! This is phenominal- it just looks so gorgeous on you, cj! The E-W was THE right call.

Good greif- I bet you get nothing done. Just beautiful. I want a shot with both gold bands, one on either side- oh this is just the best set. I am so in love with it. So happy for you, yay!!! :love:

Repurposing the diamonds on the e-ring and eternity- it already has a rich history, it is so special. More pics, please :angel:

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock

That is absolutely beautiful! I love everything about your set! :appl: (And I wouldn't mind seeing, oh, a dozen or so more photos, if you felt like posting some additional ones!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results